Hangin regimen , my history, pics etc

Why do I post my regimen in my signature

Several reasons. I used to get a lot of guys ask, hey what is your regimen, I got tired of retyping it, the signature is the easiest way to post it.

Will the Hangin regimen work on you.?
Your guess is as good as mine, I simply put it in my signature to let other guys know that this is the result of 20 yrs of trial and error , it is what has worked the best on me so far. Whether it will work on anyone else is a crapshoot.

Do I care if you try my regimen, ?
No , not really. I often see guys on the board I never heard of say, I tried Hangin regimen and it helped my itching or stopped my fallout, or my hair grows faster or seems healthier. If that is the case, great, glad I could be of help, and at least you found something on the board that helped you.

I also see guys say, hey I tried hangin regimen and it did not help at all. Again this is the reality of hair loss . There are no easy answers . If there was one regimen that could help everyone , there would be a company selling it that would be billionares. Unfortunately for all of us. this is not the case.

Why dont you post pics if your regimen is so great?

First of all the most I ever say about my regimen is that it is the best that I HAVE FOUND, and that it works the BEST ON ME. of anything I have tried. I do not pretend that this regimen is a miracle worker that is better than propecia, or rogaine, or any regimen really, It is just something that guys who want to go the natural route , can easily find it listed in my signature and go out and buy it and try it, and hopefully if they are lucky it will help them.

I am not selling this regimen, and do not benefit financially from it and there is no way that even if I proved that i have had great success with it, that this would have any bearing on whether it would work at all on someone else. It is a pure crapshoot, just like any other regimen, either it works on that person or it does not.

Just because a guy could post glowing before and after pics, would not mean a thing about his regimen working on you.
I saw great before and after pics from the japanese guys in the study for nizoral cream, they grew a ton of hair on bald crown areas. Did this happen for me? nope no way. However I was happy overall with the niz cream. and I do recommend it even though you must be prepared for a shed.

Why dont other guys on the board post their regimen?

Some do, most do not. I find it funny that a lot of guys that scream the loudest about the Hangin regimen being unproven , and where are the photos etc etc etc. do not have the guts to post their own regimen in their signature, and certainly would never have the guts to post their own pics. yet they claim to be experts on hair loss.

At least i have the courage to post my regimen in my signature and let guys try it and report back the results.

Isnt that what this board is all about…Helping people find a regimen that might work on them?

I thought so:-D

He actually does have a conscience :clap:

Hangin, I agree with what you wrote. Everyones body is different not everything works on everyone. The reason I was so interested on your regimin is because the guy that I buy vitamins/supplements from has been using hair vitamins (Maxi hair, Ultra hair whatever for 27 years) His hair looks pretty good on top, and he showed me where he would have been bald which is thin. He ONLY uses hair vitamins though.

Check what I came across on the internet about SP from another website.

“My hair loss mitigation program included 600 traditional 1/4 inch plugs, when they fell out, two scalp reductions, a Frishee device reduction, and brandy flap (?) which removed 45 square inches of scalp in total. I then had 3500 micro plugs, one to five hairs each, placed in the 17 square inches of remaining bald area, which gave me a full head of hair.
Which of course, began to fall out about a year after implantation, 100-125 hairs per day, which is alot when you only have 50% left to start. Rogaine and Propecia didn’t help. I am flat out of donor plug material unless they use body hair, which by the way, is being done. I digress. On the internet in 2005 I came across anecdotal stories about the efficacy of saw palmetto for hair loss. I purchased from a Saw Palmetto product and began a regimen of a couple pills in the morning and couple in the evening. The saw palmetto product had Zinc 15 mg - 100%, Selenium 55 mcg - 79%, Saw Palmetto extract 320 mg standardized to 85% fatty acids. No help. I went for six pills morning and six evening.
In three days, my hair stopped falling out. Nothing in the comb. Nothing in the shower. If I wait a week to shampoo, THEN I might get 25 to 50 hairs tops. I went from 125 hairs per day, to 125 hairs lost, per month. I didn’t grow any new hair, but since 20% of your hair is “at rest” at any one time, that hair began to surface over the next 18 months and the remaining hair, avoiding dormancy, stuck around for company. 18 months is not a quick process. But it made a startling demonstrative difference. I wish I’d have started those pills twenty years ago.
A. This is interesting, I wonder if very high dosages of saw palmetto are required to stop hair loss. However, the long term side effects of high dose saw palmetto herb use are not clearly understood.”

from this website.

Im currently taking this kind of Saw Palmetto twice a day the ingrediants are listed on this website http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bioc/saw.html BIOCHEM SP With Pygeum Extract. Is this a good product or is there another one that you recommend seeing how it is 45% Essential fatty acids rather then the 85% the other guy was taking.

» Hangin, I agree with what you wrote. Everyones body is different not
» everything works on everyone. The reason I was so interested on your
» regimin is because the guy that I buy vitamins/supplements from has been
» using hair vitamins (Maxi hair, Ultra hair whatever for 27 years) His hair
» looks pretty good on top, and he showed me where he would have been bald
» which is thin. He ONLY uses hair vitamins though.
»
» Check what I came across on the internet about SP from another website.
»
» “My hair loss mitigation program included 600 traditional 1/4 inch plugs,
» when they fell out, two scalp reductions, a Frishee device reduction, and
» brandy flap (?) which removed 45 square inches of scalp in total. I then
» had 3500 micro plugs, one to five hairs each, placed in the 17 square
» inches of remaining bald area, which gave me a full head of hair.
» Which of course, began to fall out about a year after implantation,
» 100-125 hairs per day, which is alot when you only have 50% left to start.
» Rogaine and Propecia didn’t help. I am flat out of donor plug material
» unless they use body hair, which by the way, is being done. I digress. On
» the internet in 2005 I came across anecdotal stories about the efficacy of
» saw palmetto for hair loss. I purchased from a Saw Palmetto product and
» began a regimen of a couple pills in the morning and couple in the
» evening. The saw palmetto product had Zinc 15 mg - 100%, Selenium 55 mcg -
» 79%, Saw Palmetto extract 320 mg standardized to 85% fatty acids. No help.
» I went for six pills morning and six evening.
» In three days, my hair stopped falling out. Nothing in the comb. Nothing
» in the shower. If I wait a week to shampoo, THEN I might get 25 to 50
» hairs tops. I went from 125 hairs per day, to 125 hairs lost, per month. I
» didn’t grow any new hair, but since 20% of your hair is “at rest” at any
» one time, that hair began to surface over the next 18 months and the
» remaining hair, avoiding dormancy, stuck around for company. 18 months is
» not a quick process. But it made a startling demonstrative difference. I
» wish I’d have started those pills twenty years ago.
» A. This is interesting, I wonder if very high dosages of saw palmetto
» are required to stop hair loss. However, the long term side effects of
» high dose saw palmetto herb use are not clearly understood.”
»
» from this website.
»
» Saw Palmetto supplement extract dosage prostate enlargement side effects, hair loss, 320 mg
»
»
» Im currently taking this kind of Saw Palmetto twice a day the ingrediants
» are listed on this website http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bioc/saw.html
» BIOCHEM SP With Pygeum Extract. Is this a good product or is there another
» one that you recommend seeing how it is 45% Essential fatty acids rather
» then the 85% the other guy was taking.

i dont recommend specific brands of the dht blockers including sp just try to make sure they are standardized…which means the dosage has been measured. if this is not the case the dosage can vary widely even though they say its 160mcg or whatever mg or however they measure it

i had pretty good sucess for many years with just the vitamins and minerals however my baldness progressed, albeit more slowly , but i had to really watch my diet etc

since i added the dht blockers my hair is much less susceptible to diet etc than before and it is much less fragile and is a lot stronger thicker and quicker growing

at first if you just start thinning, sometimes the vits minerals alone will halt it for the most part, since your follicles have not yet been bombarded with DHT and miniaturized

as the DHT accumulates over the years, assuming you took no DHT blockers, which was true in my case, eventually the DHT overcomes any benefits the vitamins or dietary restrictions provide and u go bald very quickly, to me that happened in 1999, that is when i added the dht blockers. since then my hair has not deteriorated at all

u might also try separate horsetail or MSM, jacob says BIOSIL for the silicon in the horeetail is better.

the vits are very important for sure, i dont think they are a cure all but they certainly help hair health, strength, thickness and growth rate

also i would add that i got a ton of what i consider regrowth with the saw palmetto but unlike the guy in your story i consider it regrowth for this reason, lets say you are losing 300 hairs per day, for a few months, lets say 350, which i was

lets say normal is 100 per day so that is 250 per day above normal for 60 days thats 10,000 hairs lost beyond the normal replacment cycle . You might be replacing your hair normally but it continues to shed at a highly abnormal reate so you basically view yourself getting thinner and thinner. If you can bring your thinning back down to a normal level, personally i think those that say 100 hairs per day is normal are too high, i dont lose anywhere near that many…anyway, if you can normalize your fallout, all that hair that was shedding like crazy will replace itself normally then stay put now, so for all practical purposes you are regrowing that hair…you will notice a huge thickening and additional hair on the head if you can stop a massive shedding

so in my opinion thats what happened when i added the SP, i would say within a year i had 25 percent more hair on my head that was shedding before and now was allowed to replace itself and stay put on my head
make sense?

In my previous post, that guy that stopped loosing his hair was taking 6 pills of SP in the morning and 6 in the Afternoon… interesting isnt it?

The BIOCHEM SP & PYGEUM is standardized, which one are you taking?

» In my previous post, that guy that stopped loosing his hair was taking 6
» pills of SP in the morning and 6 in the Afternoon… interesting isnt it?
»
» The BIOCHEM SP & PYGEUM is standardized, which one are you taking?

i take this one when i can get my hands on it

Excellent… Thats the one Im using right now.

» Excellent… Thats the one Im using right now.

Not to cause a threadjack. I’ve been lurking here for a long while. It’s just I’m big believer in the whole Natural thing. I also feel that if I continued to do nothing I’d have a nice shiney spot up top. I’ve been playing with different sups trying to find a combo that worked. Finally the last 6 months for me, I feel have been amazing. No itch, maybe drop 30 some hairs a day, feel stuble growing in between hair on my scalp. It really has turned it around for me. Just because one guys thing doesn’t work for someone else, I hate to see folks consider it a failure.

» » Excellent… Thats the one Im using right now.
»
» Not to cause a threadjack. I’ve been lurking here for a long while. It’s
» just I’m big believer in the whole Natural thing. I also feel that if I
» continued to do nothing I’d have a nice shiney spot up top. I’ve been
» playing with different sups trying to find a combo that worked. Finally
» the last 6 months for me, I feel have been amazing. No itch, maybe drop 30
» some hairs a day, feel stuble growing in between hair on my scalp. It
» really has turned it around for me. Just because one guys thing doesn’t
» work for someone else, I hate to see folks consider it a failure.

what is your regimen

» what is your regimen

Shoulda thrown that in

Centrum mens health multi in morning
Biotin 300 mg in morning
Maxi Hair 2 a day
Fish oil 1000mg 2 a day
Pygeum extract 2 a day
Saw Palmetto 160 mg 2 a day
Nettle root 300 mg with .8% Beta sits 2 a day
Horsetail 440 mg 2 a day
MSM 1000 mg 2 a day

Feels like I’m missing something

Now the biotin, horsetail, and MSM. Should all be in the Maxi hair, and I plan I dropping them in a few months. Maybe keeping the MSM. These I added after a big shed I went thru. I’m just overloading the system persay to make up some growth. Haven’t decided if they’re a big help, or just pissing money away. I do believe it’s helping though

»
» Feels like I’m missing something

Oh yeah Nizoral 1% Shampoo 2x a week. Itching had stopped by the time I found out bout this. I’ll run though a bottle or 2 and make a decision on it.
Also upped fruits in my diet, and drink alot of Green tea now.
I’m not getting any younger

» » what is your regimen
»
» Shoulda thrown that in
»
»
» Centrum mens health multi in morning
» Biotin 300 mg in morning
» Maxi Hair 2 a day
» Fish oil 1000mg 2 a day
» Pygeum extract 2 a day
» Saw Palmetto 160 mg 2 a day
» Nettle root 300 mg with .8% Beta sits 2 a day
» Horsetail 440 mg 2 a day
» MSM 1000 mg 2 a day
»
» Feels like I’m missing something
»
» Now the biotin, horsetail, and MSM. Should all be in the Maxi hair, and I
» plan I dropping them in a few months. Maybe keeping the MSM. These I added
» after a big shed I went thru. I’m just overloading the system persay to
» make up some growth. Haven’t decided if they’re a big help, or just
» pissing money away. I do believe it’s helping though

the nizoral cream is beter than the shampoo, which i feel is much too harsh, and it also has hydrochloric acid in it, it only stays on your head for a minute or so anyway

i found the cream to be much more beneficial and it stays on your head way longer, i wash it off after about an hour

Ive been taking Saw Palmetto for 3 weeks now and I believe that Im loosing 20 hairs a day max. I was loosing more before but it just so seems that I had more to loose back then. More hair= More hair loss. I know patience is important and you have to give it 6 months to actually notice the thickening of the hair.

Im taking 2 Saw Palmetto with Pygemums a day,
1 Nettle
2 Ultra hairs
2 Kal Amino mAx minerals

I split the dosage of the saw palmetto, one in the morning one at night. Is taking ti together better? Also Hangin you said you stay off of your regimin? does your hair begin to fall when you get off of your regimin?

»
»
» the nizoral cream is beter than the shampoo, which i feel is much too
» harsh, and it also has hydrochloric acid in it, it only stays on your head
» for a minute or so anyway
»
» i found the cream to be much more beneficial and it stays on your head way
» longer, i wash it off after about an hour

Where did you find the nizoral cream? i’m definitely willing to try it…

PS. I got the hair-max and otehr pills within 5 business days… that online store is very good!

» »
» »
» » the nizoral cream is beter than the shampoo, which i feel is much too
» » harsh, and it also has hydrochloric acid in it, it only stays on your
» head
» » for a minute or so anyway
» »
» » i found the cream to be much more beneficial and it stays on your head
» way
» » longer, i wash it off after about an hour
»
» Where did you find the nizoral cream? i’m definitely willing to try it…
»
» PS. I got the hair-max and otehr pills within 5 business days… that
» online store is very good!
i think
you need a pres cription in most places for it
here in Manila i can just go and buy it at a drugstore which is what i did

» i think
» you need a pres cription in most places for it
» here in Manila i can just go and buy it at a drugstore which is what i did

i wonder the look my doctor will give me when i tell her that i need it for hair loss… ha ha

ps. you’re too tough on ICX… the truth on them will be out within 6 months…if they can’t sign a deal with someone with $$$ to help with trails, it’s over for that product…

» » i think
» » you need a pres cription in most places for it
» » here in Manila i can just go and buy it at a drugstore which is what i
» did
»
» i wonder the look my doctor will give me when i tell her that i need it
» for hair loss… ha ha
»
» ps. you’re too tough on ICX… the truth on them will be out within 6
» months…if they can’t sign a deal with someone with $$$ to help with
» trails, it’s over for that product…

truthfully i dont think they are scamming I just think that HM is extremely complex and difficult to bring to fruition in a manner that is both cosmetically acceptable, and consistent enough to be marketable

would be great if someone could find the magic missing link to make it work

I have been taking Saw Palmetto for 3 weeks now along with the hair vitamins nettles and minerals and I feel that Im loosing 20 hairs a day max. I know that the SP is doing something because taking a piss feels different and maybe a little better then before. Although, I am having slight sexual side effects from it. They are not really that bad but just not as good as before. I know i have a slightly lower sperm count then before. Anyone been able to fix this? I dont have a gf right now so Im not too worried, as long as it helps with the hair I am fine.

Has anyone heard of Pantovigar? Its some German drug that one person I met started taking and it stopped there hair loss. Theres no information really online of what kind of ingrediants it has.

» I have been taking Saw Palmetto for 3 weeks now along with the hair
» vitamins nettles and minerals and I feel that Im loosing 20 hairs a day
» max. I know that the SP is doing something because taking a piss feels
» different and maybe a little better then before. Although, I am having
» slight sexual side effects from it. They are not really that bad but just
» not as good as before. I know i have a slightly lower sperm count then
» before. Anyone been able to fix this? I dont have a gf right now so Im not
» too worried, as long as it helps with the hair I am fine.
»
» Has anyone heard of Pantovigar? Its some German drug that one person I met
» started taking and it stopped there hair loss. Theres no information really
» online of what kind of ingrediants it has.

Since you are going natural, you might also want to add Beta-sitosterol to your regime. It has some of the same substances as SP, but is supposed to be more concentrated and effective.

SP and Beta took the wind out of my sails, so to speak. I would compensate periodically with Tribulus Terrestris which ups testosterone apparently. Don’t do too much because you’ll probably counter the effects of the SP and Beta if you do. When I first took Beta, I had intense morning wood for a few days, but over time, this effect disappeared and it was more of a stifler of libido.

You do need to distinguish between performance (ability to get and maintain and erection) and desire (horniness). More later.

Going all out, thanks for the great advice. Im 20 years old… Is taking Sp and beta pretty safe? If I take BETA whats a good Dosage? Hangin told me that he got alot of itching at high dosages, I want to take a small dosage, and how beneficial was it with SP? My sp is that country life SP and African Pygeum at 320MG a day.