Hair growth cells AND the genes that could adversely affect them

Topic 1 :
Eat to live and Intermittent fasting.
People currently eat way more than they ought to AND often the wrong diet.

While it is important to choose the best diet to prevent any malnutrition/undernutrition, its best to take the help of your local dietician as he/she can give local/your ancestral diet alternatives.

As a first step, calculate the calories you should be taking for the level of activity you are doing throughout the day.
Calculate for yourself. Do not take general data recommendations.
A good way is to maintain a diary of your diet and work/exercise.

The current generations hardly feel hunger pangs.
After you have concluded documenting your current daily diet and exertions, try fasting for 12 hours as a first step.
An easy way is to eat a full dinner at around 8 pm and fast till the next day 8 am.
You can take water in-between.

As you become more confident, please read the following articles.
Do let me know if you have any questions.

Harvard Health Blog - Live a Healthier Lifestyle - Harvard Health…-2018062914156

Regards,
Dr Capt Arvind Poswal

Anti-aging is a new way of looking at our body, mind and life.
It’s not about shallow beauty. It’s about living with dignity and ability till …as long as one lives.

Is baldness an age associated epigenetic alteration and can it be altered?

Apparently yes! And by correct fasting, one can influence the epigenome.
The following link provides very helpful, though in a scientific language.
Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

To understand anti-ageing medicine, it’s important to understand senescent cells and how to manage them.
Fasting is one means of promoting autophagy and partly removing senescent cells.

Please read the following link to understand.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hyaluronic acid is a vital intracellular substrate (in simple words, our cells are suspended in a matrix of jellylike hyaluronic acid), that shrinks with age causing various effects we see on the skin and brain.
Does it also effect our hair? …yes. As it probably does for all other organs in body.

This link at start of the discussion is an important discovery that has far reaching consequences for hair restoration.

Can the ageing hair sheath cells be rejuvenated to prevent loss of stem cells?
Probably yes.

We are observing the effects of some of the supplements on hair growth.

Reducing the senescent cell load can positively affect hair.

This, for example, is not directly related to hair (unless you believe smoking harms your hair), but is very important information.
Smokers now should know they have a way to prevent lung cancer.
This won’t grow your hair but may help you enjoy a better life.

@helpmeout you should be able to get more or less the same effects from dermaroller.

@Dr_Arvind Hyaluronic acid has been around for many years and used in hair loss treatments like Revivogen and possibly many other topical products out there. It looks good on paper, but in reality, I don’t think anyone has regrown his hair using hyaluronic acid.

There are tons of research studies out there that claim a certain ingredients can regrow hair or good for hair growth, preventing hair loss etc etc but I have not come across anything that actually works in real life. They all look good on paper or in mice studies, but the results never translate to humans.

Dear Lucky,
It’s not about one product getting hair growth.

There is a host of findings about simple measures that are proving very helpful.

Will applying or consuming hyaluronic acid be enough to grow hair?
Most likely not.
But a dna based approach is now available.
As step 1 you should get

1. Comprehensive full body check up
  2. Full DNA mapping
  3. Biological age testing

These will be a starting point.
Then start all interventions like fasting, use of senolytics and other methods.

At end of 6 months, get the same tests done again. Also take pictures and videos of your scalp/hair once a month to help follow up.

How to identify and target senolytic cells was researched (including for pulmonary fibrosis following Covid)?

The following study shows how periodic administration of senolytic drugs can help.

This has great significance for premature hairloss we are seeing nowadays.
Pattern hairloss maybe genetic but it’s affecting people at an increasingly young age.
It’s not unreasonable to postulate that it’s due to premature ageing.
Our hair being the fastest growing organ will show the effects earliest.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s43587-021-00121-8

Dr Arvind, you’re posting some interesting information, but most of it (like 90-90% of it) does not belong here on the Hair Multiplication forum.

Since you raised the issue though, and we don’t yet have a forum here for “Anti-Aging” topics, you have any scientific evidence for your statement “pattern hair loss is affecting people at an increasingly young age”? I mean published peer-reviewed journal articles, not anecdotal accounts.

Greying of hair may be the signal for skin ageing.
Melanocytes turn senile and then affect the other cells.

Dr Arvind - ultimately, human aging is all about two structures in the cells: mitochondria and the telomeres on the DNA strands. Fortunately, people can do a tremendous amount to help their mitochondrial health, like exercising - particularly a mixture of resistance training and cardio, is correlated with an increase in the numbers of mitochondria in the cells.

Here’s an interesting article about the role of mitochondria I saw today:

But I would recommend to HairSite that a new subject forum should be created, so we can take all these discussions about “Anti-Aging” to that separate forum. They should really not be on this particular forum about Hair Multiplication.

(As for Lucky’s objection to creating a new forum because, as he says, scammers will come to that forum to sell fake cures and drugs, remember that can happen on ANY one of the HairSite forums. You haven’t seen scammers on the subject of hair loss touting fake miracle cures yet? Scammers can come to all of the forums, or any site for that matter, right now to promote fake cures, and they have done so in the past. We just need to watch out for this and inform HairSite, and such scam posts will be removed.)

I agree with roger that

It will be logical to say that we age our organs differently. That’s as true for our heart, liver, kidney, as it’s for our hair.

This premature ageing of the hair has been studied and some interesting facts have come to light about the potential of fisetin and resveratrol.

Please read the following

We have discussed some simple interventions that you can start at home.

Next, I will discuss individual anti-ageing/age reversal supplements with focus on hair growth.

The first in this series is NMN (Nicotinamide Mono Nucleotide).

It’s a natural derivative and a global anti-ageing supplement.

Some interesting reading material is available at the following links

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04823260

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Regards,
Dr Capt Arvind Poswal

The diagram is self explanatory.
Resveratrol is beneficial for hair growth and in reducing hairloss.
It is plant derived,
Can be used in females,
Has less/minimal side effects (compared to finasteride)

It’s best to initiate treatment as soon as possible once you notice hairloss.

click Diagram link

@Dr_Arvind the study was done in mice though, we need to see human studies.