Going Backwards Again. Acell is Nothing but 2008 Snake Oil

Why oh why must their be men like these acell freaks screwing up things for normal people like me? Or why do we have numbskulls ripping their heads apart with homemade kits throwing love goo on their crome domes in hopes of growing hair?

wow! Really? What freaking year is it? Wheres that helpfull snake oil salesman when you need him? Everything, everyone in here knows for certin is absolutely nothing currently available makes any differnce whatsoever.

Propecia, rogaine, transplants, shampoo, herbs, diet, supplements nothing makes any difference whatsoever in any way. Not one single hair will any of that junk grow.

Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they were gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be it a different field but still applicable. Companies pay people, generally hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either talk up, or talk down a particular product or procedure. It’s messed up for sure, during a business aquisition, we acquired a company with 11 full time hourly employees that did this for a living, hard to believe, I know, me too, but its true. I would venture to say some of the more frequent posters in here might know what I’m talking about.

Anyway, back to acell, we have had countless posts from people in the medical field who use the same substance and have given evidence and expertise that in no way will this grow our hair back like it was when we were all 16. But that doesnt seem to stop these acell freaks. And what do they point to, some r-tard who cut his finger and then with a miracle it grew back.I recently suffered an injury to my big toe, very deep, deep enough to remove the layers of skin, guess what the cut healed and the fingerprint (skin print) on the toe is back. Give us all a break with this acell nonsense and stop hijacking the board.

Why is it so hard just to wait 2 years for intercytex or follica, they will work trust me.

» Why oh why must their

Stopped reading right there.

» Why oh why must their be men like these acell freaks screwing up things for
» normal people like me?
I’m a fair guy. I stopped reading right there.

ur such a loser.

» Why oh why must their be men like these acell freaks screwing up things for
» normal people like me? Or why do we have numbskulls ripping their heads
» apart with homemade kits throwing love goo on their crome domes in hopes of
» growing hair?
»
» wow! Really? What freaking year is it? Wheres that helpfull snake oil
» salesman when you need him? Everything, everyone in here knows for certin
» is absolutely nothing currently available makes any differnce whatsoever.
»
» Propecia, rogaine, transplants, shampoo, herbs, diet, supplements nothing
» makes any difference whatsoever in any way. Not one single hair will any of
» that junk grow.
»
» Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they were
» gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be it a
» different field but still applicable. Companies pay people, generally
» hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either talk
» up, or talk down a particular product or procedure. It’s messed up for
» sure, during a business aquisition, we acquired a company with 11 full time
» hourly employees that did this for a living, hard to believe, I know, me
» too, but its true. I would venture to say some of the more frequent posters
» in here might know what I’m talking about.
»
» Anyway, back to acell, we have had countless posts from people in the
» medical field who use the same substance and have given evidence and
» expertise that in no way will this grow our hair back like it was when we
» were all 16. But that doesnt seem to stop these acell freaks. And what do
» they point to, some r-tard who cut his finger and then with a miracle it
» grew back.I recently suffered an injury to my big toe, very deep, deep
» enough to remove the layers of skin, guess what the cut healed and the
» fingerprint (skin print) on the toe is back. Give us all a break with this
» acell nonsense and stop hijacking the board.
»
» Why is it so hard just to wait 2 years for intercytex or follica, they
» will work trust me.

I’m with you on Acell, but Finasteride, Nizoral, and Rogain DO work if you get on them early enough. The rest of it is simply desperation. I’m neutral on Follica, though; there are a lot of smart people involved with that start-up.

Sorry … what?

I wasn’t listening

Imo acell has a bigger chance than intercyrex /aderans who in honestly looks pretty much failed. Follica is to new, BUT still very untested in humans. Acell has the best chance to improve our situation in some capacity the soonest. The whole 2-3 years follica imo is bs. itll take longer to show it works and get it down pat. If acell can provide scarless healing then it will enable ppl to strip the living heck out of themselves enjoy hair for another 10 yrs or so then shave down.

» Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they were
» gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be it a
» different field but still applicable. Companies pay people, generally
» hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either talk
» up, or talk down a particular product or procedure.

i agree with you totally about acell, or at least about the part that it’s a total waste of our time on this website, and will not grow hair. it is effectively one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on hairsite.

what’s different about acell, though, is this hoax wasn’t a malicious one, there was no idea of scamming people or conning anyone, this hoax evolved out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. it was innocent stupidity and ignorance, not meant to hurt anyone or take away their money, but stupidity and ignorance nevertheless.

and the problem with this kind of innocent stupidity and ignorance, as opposed to the malicious and greedy kind, is that eventually the malicious and greedy kind is found out and someone realizes it’s a scam, and the whistle is blown, and the red flags are raised, and everybody becomes aware that it was just a scam. but with a hoax arising out of pure stupidity and ignorance, that never happens. the truth never comes out, or if it does, it is drowned out by the corps of ignorant believers and cheerleaders… it takes on a life of its own and lots of people cheer for it and wave the flags and inflate the balloons and get excited and go “rah-rah”, and can’t get it out of their mind that it’s some kind of cure, or near-cure, or maybe-cure, or kinda-cure.

and when it’s proven not to work, the original ignorant perpetrators of the hoax who basically duped themselves into believing something that wasn’t true in the first place, re-set the bar. they change the goal posts, they lower the bar and say, “ok, maybe it doesn’t grow much hair… maybe it doesn’t grow any hair… but it’s great at relieving scar tissue… it’s exciting… look, ma, it works!!!” yah, rah-rah, and all that!

and people forget that IT DOESN’T GROW HAIR… they still start threads about it, hype it, and hairsite starts threads and unwittingly hypes this product that grows no hair. a lot of excitement and hype happens for no reason. a lot of threads are started, buzz is created, posts are made, phonecalls are placed, patients are signed up, but everyone’s forgetting the damn thing doesn’t grow any hair, so what are we all getting so excited about, huh?

but people forget that. they wanna believe in something, they HAVE TO BELIEVE in the latest thing… the latest hype… for the past 6-8 months here, maybe a year, acell has been the new new thing…

and whenever you have a hoax like this, which was started not by a desire to scam anyone, but out of legitimate (but mistaken) reasons, it gathers a cult following, tens and scores and then hundreds of followers, each with their pet theories as to why and how and who and the biochemistry and all that…

and then you get a few nuts who even go so far as to carve up their own scalps and put this or that lotion on themselves, on their carved scalps, to prove some kind of follica theory or acell or maybe a vague combination of the two… who knows how many theories there are? who’s counting? i lost count!

as far as i can tell (and smart people will take note), this whole “acell” thing started when one of our hairsite members, someone calling himself willy, chanced upon the website of a company called acell which is a small biotechnology company which was experimenting with some kind of extracellular matrix product to use in VETERINARY MEDICINE, to heal wounds on animals…

and willy just looked at some pictures on the site, before and after pictures of wounded dogs’ legs, and saw how the wounds were closing when the product was applied, and how IT LOOKED LIKE “new” hair was growing in the wounded space on the dogs’ legs.

based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION OF THOSE PICTURES, willy got excited that acell might grow hair on bald people’s heads, or be useful for growing back removed donor hair when people have hair transplants, so that there would EFFECTIVELY be an unlimited supply of donor hair, and that means there would be an effective cure for male pattern baldness, because you could theoretically remove as much donor hair as you want, and if you applied this acell shyte, the removed donor hair would eventually all grow back, and that would be our cure!

so, based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE READING OF THOSE DOG PICTURES, willy contacted acell and told them he thought their product would be great for use by hair transplant surgeons. willy also then contacted a bunch of hair transplant surgeons and told them about his theory, how acell might regrow hair, specifically removed donor hair, and he introduced these hair transplant docs to the acell company and their product.

willy got acell to send its product (which is like a powder) to a bunch of hair transplant surgeons, and he actually got a bunch of these surgeons interested in testing the acell product?

and why not test it? they have absolutely nothing to lose. if they test it and it works, great, they might be able to sign a deal with acell to use it, and then they can advertise to everyone that they have effectively cured male pattern baldness and now you can have unlimited donor hair harvested, and it will all grow back and everything will be cool and peachy in the end, and you’ll end up with a full head of hair. the ht docs were thinking, even if there is only like a 1% chance of it working like that, it’s still worth trying because there is no real big expense they have to make, they are just using it on volunteer patients anyway, and those volunteer patients are by the way, PAYING for their hair transplants. and since the product has already been approved for veterinary use, it’s really cool because there’s no liability for the doctors, since doctors can use ANY drug that has already been approved for ANY REASON, especially just in a test.

ok… so what if it doesn’t work like this? it’s STILL a big win for the ht docs, because even if it does not grow one shred of hair, not one new strand of hair (and i think that’s what we’re seeing, that is what is dawning on the smarter people around here), it’s STILL a major coup for the ht docs who use it, because now they can convince everyone that it’ll reduce scarring in the donor area.

reduce scarring? you ask. “so what if it reduces scarring? didn’t they first tell us it was gonna cure male pattern baldness?”

“oh yeah, that” they answer. “yah, well we weren’t really too sure of that in the first place. we didn’t know that for sure! but, isn’t it cool that this stuff reduces scarring?”

“uhh… yah, i guess” you say.

so now, have they actually proved it reduces scarring?

“uhhh… we don’t exactly have the data on that. in fact, it’s kind of hard to determine how it reduces scarring. that kind of thing takes very detailed studies to prove, you have to look at the donor areas under a microscope, and really examine the area very closely, and examine the skin, and see what’s there, and compare it with people who didn’t have acell used on them… you have to take tissue samples… it’s hard work!!!”

“oh really?” you say. “how long will all that take?”

“uhhh… we don’t know… we’ll have to apply with the fda for a formal application process and present it as a new drug application and then go through clinical trials that will take, maybe three years… maybe more”

“oh really?” you say, scratching your (balding) head. “clinical trials and a three year… maybe more application process, all to do what, you say? NOT to grow hair, not to grow any new hair and cure male pattern baldness, NOT to give us full heads of hair like they hyped on hairsite for a year with all those posts and threads about acell… but JUST to prove that it MAY reduce scarring on the donor area of a hair transplant that i don’t really want anyway, and don’t really plan to get… and y’all don’t even have any idea of HOW MUCH it will reduce scarring… a little bit… a medium bit… a lot? who knows???”

uhh… why bother, then, you probably think to yourself, as you walk away.:stuck_out_tongue:

» I’m with you on Acell, but Finasteride, Nizoral, and Rogain DO work if you
» get on them early enough. The rest of it is simply desperation. I’m
» neutral on Follica, though; there are a lot of smart people involved with
» that start-up.

Of course you’d agree with him. You’re both enrolled in the same Mickey Mouse club.

Now let’s examine the facts:

• Rogaine was originally intended for high blood pressure.
  • Propecia was originally intended for prostate enlargement
  • Dutastride was also originally intended for prostate enlargement
  • Nizoral was originally intended for dandruff.
  • Follica was a university experiment in stemcell migration

If we persecuted those products with the same vigor you persecute Acell than you wouldn’t anything to maintain your “full of hair”.

» » I’m with you on Acell, but Finasteride, Nizoral, and Rogain DO work if
» you
» » get on them early enough. The rest of it is simply desperation. I’m
» » neutral on Follica, though; there are a lot of smart people involved
» with
» » that start-up.
»
» Of course you’d agree with him. You’re both enrolled in the same Mickey
» Mouse club.
»
» Now let’s examine the facts:
» - Rogaine was originally intended for high blood pressure.
» - Propecia was originally intended for prostate enlargement
» - Dutastride was also originally intended for prostate enlargement
» - Nizoral was originally intended for dandruff.
» - Follica was a university experiment in stemcell migration
»
» If we persecuted those products with the same vigor you persecute Acell
» than you wouldn’t anything to maintain your “full of hair”.

But there is a critical reason why those products went off-label: there was credible PROOF that they regrew hair. People taking those meds were reporting hair growth. There is no such anecdotal evidence for Acell. Someone saw some pictures of animal wounds on a veterinary website and made an unsubstantiated leap of the scientific method (and basic causal logic) to conclude it could work on humans. But believe what you will; when Acell doesn’t regrow hair, its not like you’re going to admit your foolishness anyway.

Look, I know how lucky I am every time I come to this site. I could be you. I could be a NW3+, in my mid 30s, alone and desperate. I could be the guy who got butchered by a HT doc and now can’t leave the house. I’m not going to claim that, were that my fate, I wouldn’t be just as open to and defensive of any crackpot idea floated on this board. Hell, even I am following the Follica home experiment guys. I’m not naive; I am well aware that one of these days (maybe soon, given how long I’ve been on fin/rog/niz) my regime will peter out and I’ll need something new. But until then, I thank the pharmaceutical gods everyday.

» But there is a critical reason for those products going off-label: there
» was credible PROOF that they regrew hair. People taking those meds were
» reporting hair growth. There is no such anecdotal evidence for Acell. But
» believe what you will; when Acell doesn’t regrow hair, its not like you’re
» going to admit your foolishness anyway.

I’m foolish for trying? Oh that’s right, according to you credible PROOF comes out of thin air… without experimentation.

“When Acell doesn’t regrow hair”, I’ll walk away knowing we tried. If Acell grows anything, I’ll be the better man, and not rub it in your face (and full head of hair)

» » But there is a critical reason for those products going off-label: there
» » was credible PROOF that they regrew hair. People taking those meds
» were
» » reporting hair growth. There is no such anecdotal evidence for Acell.
» But
» » believe what you will; when Acell doesn’t regrow hair, its not like
» you’re
» » going to admit your foolishness anyway.
»
» I’m foolish for trying? Oh that’s right, according to you credible PROOF
» comes out of thin air… without experimentation.
»
» “When Acell doesn’t regrow hair”, I’ll walk away knowing we tried. If
» Acell grows anything, I’ll be the better man, and not rub it in your face
» (and full head of hair)

There is a standard of correlation that is used to decide what justifies experimentation and what does not. Acell doesn’t even come close. If you don’t apply some type of filtering methodology, you’re going to spend the rest of your life “trying” everything. I suggest rubbing peanut butter on your head. I mean, hey, it can’t hurt, right? And there’s no proof it doesn’t work. So its deserving of some trials.

Like I said, you guys are desperate, and I understand that. Despite what you may think, I really do empathize with you. The future’s pretty damn bleak. Why do you think I’m here? I’m worried about what is waiting for me down the road, and I’m hoping a true cure will show up before things go south.

» » Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they were
» » gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be it
» a
» » different field but still applicable. Companies pay people, generally
» » hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either
» talk
» » up, or talk down a particular product or procedure.
»
» i agree with you totally about acell, or at least about the part that it’s
» a total waste of our time on this website, and will not grow hair. it is
» effectively one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on hairsite.
»
» what’s different about acell, though, is this hoax wasn’t a malicious one,
» there was no idea of scamming people or conning anyone, this hoax evolved
» out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. it was innocent stupidity and
» ignorance, not meant to hurt anyone or take away their money, but stupidity
» and ignorance nevertheless.
»
» and the problem with this kind of innocent stupidity and ignorance, as
» opposed to the malicious and greedy kind, is that eventually the malicious
» and greedy kind is found out and someone realizes it’s a scam, and the
» whistle is blown, and the red flags are raised, and everybody becomes aware
» that it was just a scam. but with a hoax arising out of pure stupidity
» and ignorance, that never happens. the truth never comes out, or if it
» does, it is drowned out by the corps of ignorant believers and
» cheerleaders… it takes on a life of its own and lots of people cheer for
» it and wave the flags and inflate the balloons and get excited and go
» “rah-rah”, and can’t get it out of their mind that it’s some kind of cure,
» or near-cure, or maybe-cure, or kinda-cure.
»
» and when it’s proven not to work, the original ignorant perpetrators of
» the hoax who basically duped themselves into believing something that
» wasn’t true in the first place, re-set the bar. they change the goal
» posts, they lower the bar and say, “ok, maybe it doesn’t grow much hair…
» maybe it doesn’t grow any hair… but it’s great at relieving scar
» tissue… it’s exciting… look, ma, it works!!!” yah, rah-rah, and all
» that!
»
» and people forget that IT DOESN’T GROW HAIR… they still start threads
» about it, hype it, and hairsite starts threads and unwittingly hypes this
» product that grows no hair. a lot of excitement and hype happens for no
» reason. a lot of threads are started, buzz is created, posts are made,
» phonecalls are placed, patients are signed up, but everyone’s forgetting
» the damn thing doesn’t grow any hair, so what are we all getting so excited
» about, huh?
»
» but people forget that. they wanna believe in something, they HAVE TO
» BELIEVE in the latest thing… the latest hype… for the past 6-8 months
» here, maybe a year, acell has been the new new thing…
»
» and whenever you have a hoax like this, which was started not by a desire
» to scam anyone, but out of legitimate (but mistaken) reasons, it gathers a
» cult following, tens and scores and then hundreds of followers, each with
» their pet theories as to why and how and who and the biochemistry and all
» that…
»
» and then you get a few nuts who even go so far as to carve up their own
» scalps and put this or that lotion on themselves, on their carved scalps,
» to prove some kind of follica theory or acell or maybe a vague combination
» of the two… who knows how many theories there are? who’s counting? i
» lost count!
»
» as far as i can tell (and smart people will take note), this whole “acell”
» thing started when one of our hairsite members, someone calling himself
» willy, chanced upon the website of a company called acell which is a small
» biotechnology company which was experimenting with some kind of
» extracellular matrix product to use in VETERINARY MEDICINE, to heal wounds
» on animals…
»
» and willy just looked at some pictures on the site, before and after
» pictures of wounded dogs’ legs, and saw how the wounds were closing when
» the product was applied, and how IT LOOKED LIKE “new” hair was growing in
» the wounded space on the dogs’ legs.
»
» based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION OF THOSE PICTURES, willy
» got excited that acell might grow hair on bald people’s heads, or be useful
» for growing back removed donor hair when people have hair transplants, so
» that there would EFFECTIVELY be an unlimited supply of donor hair, and that
» means there would be an effective cure for male pattern baldness, because
» you could theoretically remove as much donor hair as you want, and if you
» applied this acell shyte, the removed donor hair would eventually all grow
» back, and that would be our cure!
»
» so, based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE READING OF THOSE DOG PICTURES,
» willy contacted acell and told them he thought their product would be great
» for use by hair transplant surgeons. willy also then contacted a bunch of
» hair transplant surgeons and told them about his theory, how acell might
» regrow hair, specifically removed donor hair, and he introduced these hair
» transplant docs to the acell company and their product.
»
» willy got acell to send its product (which is like a powder) to a bunch of
» hair transplant surgeons, and he actually got a bunch of these surgeons
» interested in testing the acell product?
»
» and why not test it? they have absolutely nothing to lose. if they test
» it and it works, great, they might be able to sign a deal with acell to use
» it, and then they can advertise to everyone that they have effectively
» cured male pattern baldness and now you can have unlimited donor hair
» harvested, and it will all grow back and everything will be cool and peachy
» in the end, and you’ll end up with a full head of hair. the ht docs were
» thinking, even if there is only like a 1% chance of it working like that,
» it’s still worth trying because there is no real big expense they have to
» make, they are just using it on volunteer patients anyway, and those
» volunteer patients are by the way, PAYING for their hair transplants. and
» since the product has already been approved for veterinary use, it’s really
» cool because there’s no liability for the doctors, since doctors can use
» ANY drug that has already been approved for ANY REASON, especially just in
» a test.
»
» ok… so what if it doesn’t work like this? it’s STILL a big win for the
» ht docs, because even if it does not grow one shred of hair, not one new
» strand of hair (and i think that’s what we’re seeing, that is what is
» dawning on the smarter people around here), it’s STILL a major coup for the
» ht docs who use it, because now they can convince everyone that it’ll
» reduce scarring in the donor area.
»
» reduce scarring? you ask. “so what if it reduces scarring? didn’t they
» first tell us it was gonna cure male pattern baldness?”
»
» “oh yeah, that” they answer. “yah, well we weren’t really too sure of
» that in the first place. we didn’t know that for sure! but, isn’t it
» cool that this stuff reduces scarring?”
»
» “uhh… yah, i guess” you say.
»
» so now, have they actually proved it reduces scarring?
»
» “uhhh… we don’t exactly have the data on that. in fact, it’s kind of
» hard to determine how it reduces scarring. that kind of thing takes very
» detailed studies to prove, you have to look at the donor areas under a
» microscope, and really examine the area very closely, and examine the skin,
» and see what’s there, and compare it with people who didn’t have acell used
» on them… you have to take tissue samples… it’s hard work!!!”
»
» “oh really?” you say. “how long will all that take?”
»
» “uhhh… we don’t know… we’ll have to apply with the fda for a formal
» application process and present it as a new drug application and then go
» through clinical trials that will take, maybe three years… maybe more”
»
» “oh really?” you say, scratching your (balding) head. “clinical trials
» and a three year… maybe more application process, all to do what, you
» say? NOT to grow hair, not to grow any new hair and cure male pattern
» baldness, NOT to give us full heads of hair like they hyped on hairsite for
» a year with all those posts and threads about acell… but JUST to prove
» that it MAY reduce scarring on the donor area of a hair transplant that i
» don’t really want anyway, and don’t really plan to get… and y’all don’t
» even have any idea of HOW MUCH it will reduce scarring… a little bit… a
» medium bit… a lot? who knows???”
»
» uhh… why bother, then, you probably think to yourself, as you walk
» away.:stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA dude noones gonna read that novel you just typed up.
you must be exhausted after typing all that…lota spare time to care enough to actually type such a rant.

» » » Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they
» were
» » » gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be
» it
» » a
» » » different field but still applicable. Companies pay people, generally
» » » hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either
» » talk
» » » up, or talk down a particular product or procedure.
» »
» » i agree with you totally about acell, or at least about the part that
» it’s
» » a total waste of our time on this website, and will not grow hair. it
» is
» » effectively one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on hairsite.
» »
» » what’s different about acell, though, is this hoax wasn’t a malicious
» one,
» » there was no idea of scamming people or conning anyone, this hoax
» evolved
» » out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. it was innocent stupidity and
» » ignorance, not meant to hurt anyone or take away their money, but
» stupidity
» » and ignorance nevertheless.
» »
» » and the problem with this kind of innocent stupidity and ignorance, as
» » opposed to the malicious and greedy kind, is that eventually the
» malicious
» » and greedy kind is found out and someone realizes it’s a scam, and the
» » whistle is blown, and the red flags are raised, and everybody becomes
» aware
» » that it was just a scam. but with a hoax arising out of pure
» stupidity
» » and ignorance, that never happens. the truth never comes out, or if
» it
» » does, it is drowned out by the corps of ignorant believers and
» » cheerleaders… it takes on a life of its own and lots of people cheer
» for
» » it and wave the flags and inflate the balloons and get excited and go
» » “rah-rah”, and can’t get it out of their mind that it’s some kind of
» cure,
» » or near-cure, or maybe-cure, or kinda-cure.
» »
» » and when it’s proven not to work, the original ignorant perpetrators of
» » the hoax who basically duped themselves into believing something that
» » wasn’t true in the first place, re-set the bar. they change the goal
» » posts, they lower the bar and say, “ok, maybe it doesn’t grow much
» hair…
» » maybe it doesn’t grow any hair… but it’s great at relieving scar
» » tissue… it’s exciting… look, ma, it works!!!” yah, rah-rah, and
» all
» » that!
» »
» » and people forget that IT DOESN’T GROW HAIR… they still start threads
» » about it, hype it, and hairsite starts threads and unwittingly hypes
» this
» » product that grows no hair. a lot of excitement and hype happens for
» no
» » reason. a lot of threads are started, buzz is created, posts are made,
» » phonecalls are placed, patients are signed up, but everyone’s
» forgetting
» » the damn thing doesn’t grow any hair, so what are we all getting so
» excited
» » about, huh?
» »
» » but people forget that. they wanna believe in something, they HAVE TO
» » BELIEVE in the latest thing… the latest hype… for the past 6-8
» months
» » here, maybe a year, acell has been the new new thing…
» »
» » and whenever you have a hoax like this, which was started not by a
» desire
» » to scam anyone, but out of legitimate (but mistaken) reasons, it gathers
» a
» » cult following, tens and scores and then hundreds of followers, each
» with
» » their pet theories as to why and how and who and the biochemistry and
» all
» » that…
» »
» » and then you get a few nuts who even go so far as to carve up their own
» » scalps and put this or that lotion on themselves, on their carved
» scalps,
» » to prove some kind of follica theory or acell or maybe a vague
» combination
» » of the two… who knows how many theories there are? who’s counting?
» i
» » lost count!
» »
» » as far as i can tell (and smart people will take note), this whole
» “acell”
» » thing started when one of our hairsite members, someone calling himself
» » willy, chanced upon the website of a company called acell which is a
» small
» » biotechnology company which was experimenting with some kind of
» » extracellular matrix product to use in VETERINARY MEDICINE, to heal
» wounds
» » on animals…
» »
» » and willy just looked at some pictures on the site, before and after
» » pictures of wounded dogs’ legs, and saw how the wounds were closing
» when
» » the product was applied, and how IT LOOKED LIKE “new” hair was growing
» in
» » the wounded space on the dogs’ legs.
» »
» » based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION OF THOSE PICTURES,
» willy
» » got excited that acell might grow hair on bald people’s heads, or be
» useful
» » for growing back removed donor hair when people have hair transplants,
» so
» » that there would EFFECTIVELY be an unlimited supply of donor hair, and
» that
» » means there would be an effective cure for male pattern baldness,
» because
» » you could theoretically remove as much donor hair as you want, and if
» you
» » applied this acell shyte, the removed donor hair would eventually all
» grow
» » back, and that would be our cure!
» »
» » so, based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE READING OF THOSE DOG PICTURES,
» » willy contacted acell and told them he thought their product would be
» great
» » for use by hair transplant surgeons. willy also then contacted a bunch
» of
» » hair transplant surgeons and told them about his theory, how acell
» might
» » regrow hair, specifically removed donor hair, and he introduced these
» hair
» » transplant docs to the acell company and their product.
» »
» » willy got acell to send its product (which is like a powder) to a bunch
» of
» » hair transplant surgeons, and he actually got a bunch of these surgeons
» » interested in testing the acell product?
» »
» » and why not test it? they have absolutely nothing to lose. if they
» test
» » it and it works, great, they might be able to sign a deal with acell to
» use
» » it, and then they can advertise to everyone that they have effectively
» » cured male pattern baldness and now you can have unlimited donor hair
» » harvested, and it will all grow back and everything will be cool and
» peachy
» » in the end, and you’ll end up with a full head of hair. the ht docs
» were
» » thinking, even if there is only like a 1% chance of it working like
» that,
» » it’s still worth trying because there is no real big expense they have
» to
» » make, they are just using it on volunteer patients anyway, and those
» » volunteer patients are by the way, PAYING for their hair transplants.
» and
» » since the product has already been approved for veterinary use, it’s
» really
» » cool because there’s no liability for the doctors, since doctors can
» use
» » ANY drug that has already been approved for ANY REASON, especially just
» in
» » a test.
» »
» » ok… so what if it doesn’t work like this? it’s STILL a big win for
» the
» » ht docs, because even if it does not grow one shred of hair, not one
» new
» » strand of hair (and i think that’s what we’re seeing, that is what is
» » dawning on the smarter people around here), it’s STILL a major coup for
» the
» » ht docs who use it, because now they can convince everyone that it’ll
» » reduce scarring in the donor area.
» »
» » reduce scarring? you ask. “so what if it reduces scarring? didn’t
» they
» » first tell us it was gonna cure male pattern baldness?”
» »
» » “oh yeah, that” they answer. “yah, well we weren’t really too sure of
» » that in the first place. we didn’t know that for sure! but, isn’t it
» » cool that this stuff reduces scarring?”
» »
» » “uhh… yah, i guess” you say.
» »
» » so now, have they actually proved it reduces scarring?
» »
» » “uhhh… we don’t exactly have the data on that. in fact, it’s kind
» of
» » hard to determine how it reduces scarring. that kind of thing takes
» very
» » detailed studies to prove, you have to look at the donor areas under a
» » microscope, and really examine the area very closely, and examine the
» skin,
» » and see what’s there, and compare it with people who didn’t have acell
» used
» » on them… you have to take tissue samples… it’s hard work!!!”
» »
» » “oh really?” you say. “how long will all that take?”
» »
» » “uhhh… we don’t know… we’ll have to apply with the fda for a formal
» » application process and present it as a new drug application and then
» go
» » through clinical trials that will take, maybe three years… maybe
» more”
» »
» » “oh really?” you say, scratching your (balding) head. “clinical trials
» » and a three year… maybe more application process, all to do what, you
» » say? NOT to grow hair, not to grow any new hair and cure male pattern
» » baldness, NOT to give us full heads of hair like they hyped on hairsite
» for
» » a year with all those posts and threads about acell… but JUST to
» prove
» » that it MAY reduce scarring on the donor area of a hair transplant that
» i
» » don’t really want anyway, and don’t really plan to get… and y’all
» don’t
» » even have any idea of HOW MUCH it will reduce scarring… a little
» bit… a
» » medium bit… a lot? who knows???”
» »
» » uhh… why bother, then, you probably think to yourself, as you walk
» » away.:stuck_out_tongue:
»
» HAHA dude noones gonna read that novel you just typed up.
» you must be exhausted after typing all that…lota spare time to care
» enough to actually type such a rant.

Ha, ha, out of interest I’ve just word counted it, I’m not joking his state of the union has 1427 words…

You’d think he has an interest in other products putting all this time/money into his negative post.

F****** hell, what is the point in all that energy, it is almost like he is wishing, poking voodoo needles…

» » » » Now look what we have to do deal with? Acell freaks. I thought they
» » were
» » » » gone, nope. But I do have a theory, and this is from expirience, be
» » it
» » » a
» » » » different field but still applicable. Companies pay people,
» generally
» » » » hourly employees to go online all day to different sites and either
» » » talk
» » » » up, or talk down a particular product or procedure.
» » »
» » » i agree with you totally about acell, or at least about the part that
» » it’s
» » » a total waste of our time on this website, and will not grow hair.
» it
» » is
» » » effectively one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on hairsite.
» » »
» » » what’s different about acell, though, is this hoax wasn’t a malicious
» » one,
» » » there was no idea of scamming people or conning anyone, this hoax
» » evolved
» » » out of sheer stupidity and ignorance. it was innocent stupidity and
» » » ignorance, not meant to hurt anyone or take away their money, but
» » stupidity
» » » and ignorance nevertheless.
» » »
» » » and the problem with this kind of innocent stupidity and ignorance,
» as
» » » opposed to the malicious and greedy kind, is that eventually the
» » malicious
» » » and greedy kind is found out and someone realizes it’s a scam, and
» the
» » » whistle is blown, and the red flags are raised, and everybody becomes
» » aware
» » » that it was just a scam. but with a hoax arising out of pure
» » stupidity
» » » and ignorance, that never happens. the truth never comes out, or if
» » it
» » » does, it is drowned out by the corps of ignorant believers and
» » » cheerleaders… it takes on a life of its own and lots of people
» cheer
» » for
» » » it and wave the flags and inflate the balloons and get excited and go
» » » “rah-rah”, and can’t get it out of their mind that it’s some kind of
» » cure,
» » » or near-cure, or maybe-cure, or kinda-cure.
» » »
» » » and when it’s proven not to work, the original ignorant perpetrators
» of
» » » the hoax who basically duped themselves into believing something that
» » » wasn’t true in the first place, re-set the bar. they change the goal
» » » posts, they lower the bar and say, “ok, maybe it doesn’t grow much
» » hair…
» » » maybe it doesn’t grow any hair… but it’s great at relieving scar
» » » tissue… it’s exciting… look, ma, it works!!!” yah, rah-rah, and
» » all
» » » that!
» » »
» » » and people forget that IT DOESN’T GROW HAIR… they still start
» threads
» » » about it, hype it, and hairsite starts threads and unwittingly hypes
» » this
» » » product that grows no hair. a lot of excitement and hype happens
» for
» » no
» » » reason. a lot of threads are started, buzz is created, posts are
» made,
» » » phonecalls are placed, patients are signed up, but everyone’s
» » forgetting
» » » the damn thing doesn’t grow any hair, so what are we all getting so
» » excited
» » » about, huh?
» » »
» » » but people forget that. they wanna believe in something, they HAVE
» TO
» » » BELIEVE in the latest thing… the latest hype… for the past 6-8
» » months
» » » here, maybe a year, acell has been the new new thing…
» » »
» » » and whenever you have a hoax like this, which was started not by a
» » desire
» » » to scam anyone, but out of legitimate (but mistaken) reasons, it
» gathers
» » a
» » » cult following, tens and scores and then hundreds of followers, each
» » with
» » » their pet theories as to why and how and who and the biochemistry and
» » all
» » » that…
» » »
» » » and then you get a few nuts who even go so far as to carve up their
» own
» » » scalps and put this or that lotion on themselves, on their carved
» » scalps,
» » » to prove some kind of follica theory or acell or maybe a vague
» » combination
» » » of the two… who knows how many theories there are? who’s counting?
»
» » i
» » » lost count!
» » »
» » » as far as i can tell (and smart people will take note), this whole
» » “acell”
» » » thing started when one of our hairsite members, someone calling
» himself
» » » willy, chanced upon the website of a company called acell which is a
» » small
» » » biotechnology company which was experimenting with some kind of
» » » extracellular matrix product to use in VETERINARY MEDICINE, to heal
» » wounds
» » » on animals…
» » »
» » » and willy just looked at some pictures on the site, before and after
» » » pictures of wounded dogs’ legs, and saw how the wounds were closing
» » when
» » » the product was applied, and how IT LOOKED LIKE “new” hair was
» growing
» » in
» » » the wounded space on the dogs’ legs.
» » »
» » » based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE INTERPRETATION OF THOSE PICTURES,
» » willy
» » » got excited that acell might grow hair on bald people’s heads, or be
» » useful
» » » for growing back removed donor hair when people have hair
» transplants,
» » so
» » » that there would EFFECTIVELY be an unlimited supply of donor hair,
» and
» » that
» » » means there would be an effective cure for male pattern baldness,
» » because
» » » you could theoretically remove as much donor hair as you want, and if
» » you
» » » applied this acell shyte, the removed donor hair would eventually all
» » grow
» » » back, and that would be our cure!
» » »
» » » so, based ONLY UPON HIS OWN SUBJECTIVE READING OF THOSE DOG PICTURES,
» » » willy contacted acell and told them he thought their product would be
» » great
» » » for use by hair transplant surgeons. willy also then contacted a
» bunch
» » of
» » » hair transplant surgeons and told them about his theory, how acell
» » might
» » » regrow hair, specifically removed donor hair, and he introduced these
» » hair
» » » transplant docs to the acell company and their product.
» » »
» » » willy got acell to send its product (which is like a powder) to a
» bunch
» » of
» » » hair transplant surgeons, and he actually got a bunch of these
» surgeons
» » » interested in testing the acell product?
» » »
» » » and why not test it? they have absolutely nothing to lose. if they
» » test
» » » it and it works, great, they might be able to sign a deal with acell
» to
» » use
» » » it, and then they can advertise to everyone that they have
» effectively
» » » cured male pattern baldness and now you can have unlimited donor hair
» » » harvested, and it will all grow back and everything will be cool and
» » peachy
» » » in the end, and you’ll end up with a full head of hair. the ht docs
» » were
» » » thinking, even if there is only like a 1% chance of it working like
» » that,
» » » it’s still worth trying because there is no real big expense they
» have
» » to
» » » make, they are just using it on volunteer patients anyway, and those
» » » volunteer patients are by the way, PAYING for their hair transplants.
»
» » and
» » » since the product has already been approved for veterinary use, it’s
» » really
» » » cool because there’s no liability for the doctors, since doctors can
» » use
» » » ANY drug that has already been approved for ANY REASON, especially
» just
» » in
» » » a test.
» » »
» » » ok… so what if it doesn’t work like this? it’s STILL a big win for
» » the
» » » ht docs, because even if it does not grow one shred of hair, not one
» » new
» » » strand of hair (and i think that’s what we’re seeing, that is what is
» » » dawning on the smarter people around here), it’s STILL a major coup
» for
» » the
» » » ht docs who use it, because now they can convince everyone that it’ll
» » » reduce scarring in the donor area.
» » »
» » » reduce scarring? you ask. “so what if it reduces scarring? didn’t
» » they
» » » first tell us it was gonna cure male pattern baldness?”
» » »
» » » “oh yeah, that” they answer. “yah, well we weren’t really too sure
» of
» » » that in the first place. we didn’t know that for sure! but, isn’t
» it
» » » cool that this stuff reduces scarring?”
» » »
» » » “uhh… yah, i guess” you say.
» » »
» » » so now, have they actually proved it reduces scarring?
» » »
» » » “uhhh… we don’t exactly have the data on that. in fact, it’s kind
» » of
» » » hard to determine how it reduces scarring. that kind of thing takes
» » very
» » » detailed studies to prove, you have to look at the donor areas under
» a
» » » microscope, and really examine the area very closely, and examine the
» » skin,
» » » and see what’s there, and compare it with people who didn’t have
» acell
» » used
» » » on them… you have to take tissue samples… it’s hard work!!!”
» » »
» » » “oh really?” you say. “how long will all that take?”
» » »
» » » “uhhh… we don’t know… we’ll have to apply with the fda for a
» formal
» » » application process and present it as a new drug application and then
» » go
» » » through clinical trials that will take, maybe three years… maybe
» » more”
» » »
» » » “oh really?” you say, scratching your (balding) head. “clinical
» trials
» » » and a three year… maybe more application process, all to do what,
» you
» » » say? NOT to grow hair, not to grow any new hair and cure male
» pattern
» » » baldness, NOT to give us full heads of hair like they hyped on
» hairsite
» » for
» » » a year with all those posts and threads about acell… but JUST to
» » prove
» » » that it MAY reduce scarring on the donor area of a hair transplant
» that
» » i
» » » don’t really want anyway, and don’t really plan to get… and y’all
» » don’t
» » » even have any idea of HOW MUCH it will reduce scarring… a little
» » bit… a
» » » medium bit… a lot? who knows???”
» » »
» » » uhh… why bother, then, you probably think to yourself, as you walk
» » » away.:stuck_out_tongue:
» »
» » HAHA dude noones gonna read that novel you just typed up.
» » you must be exhausted after typing all that…lota spare time to care
» » enough to actually type such a rant.
»
» Ha, ha, out of interest I’ve just word counted it, I’m not joking his
» state of the union has 1427 words…
»
» You’d think he has an interest in other products putting all this
» time/money into his negative post.
»
» F****** hell, what is the point in all that energy, it is almost like he
» is wishing, poking voodoo needles…

That’s nothing. His post above that one was another 1485 words (or about 3 pages, single spaced, in MS Word).

Baldbaby spent his entire Halloween evening bringing up old posts to “shake up” the forum. He really showed us! He is upset because he has had his precious time wasted by reading about Acell, but apparently he has WAY too much time on his hands as it is. FEEL SORRY FOR HIM.

(sigh)

Let’s review a few basics, shall we?

1. HM Research forum = discussions of cutting edge unproven stuff.

2. Cutting edge unproven stuff = stuff that not everyone believes will work at all.

THEREFORE,

1. HM Research forum = includes talking about stuff that not everyone believes will work!

first off, you should always delete the above post when you reply or you have pages of stuff before people can see your little dopey response, being as smart as everyone out there makes themselves seem, they should realize that.

anyway, the fanatical posters and repliers in here should seriously look into working in the political arena because they are very good at shifting the topic. Look at the fat tub of lard Karl Rove, bald, fat, stupid, short, near sighted and chief of staff for president bush.

so before all the freaks, fanatics and losers jack the thread again, has anyone seen acell produce a single hair? the answer is no! thats the points, so hopefully the acell people will get the picture and stop ruining the forum for normal people like me who come here for updates and information on hard science clinical trials.

All these naysayers and downers are nothing but attention whores and feed on any attention they can get. The obviously don’t have any life whatsoever and this forum provides them an easy way to get some attention.

Please stop replying to these threads and they’ll go away on their own!