Go to the hair transplant board, Dr. Woods talks about Gho HST

Good find Leonard! This is what I meant, an intelligent and factual response, not some half ass comments like the one posted by Woods, at least Cole made an effort to investigate more what Gho is doing.

is this recent, the article mentions october 2003, is this a typo?

» »
» forhair . com/News_Release/ Hair_Multiplication-Dr._Cole_s_Research . htm
»
» is this recent, the article mentions october 2003, is this a typo?

LOL, no, I think its not a typo. The article says Gho cuts the follicle horizontally, so this article is quite old.

and it says:

therefore, we prefer to wait until we speak with Dr. Gho in October 2003 before attempting this method further.
No study we are aware of has looked at bisecting hairs in the longitudinal plane.
<<

indeed, this article is quite old. And it doesn’t say anything about the outcome of the experiment.

Although I have great respect for Dr. Woods and his pioneering achievements, I do think that his criticism of Gho’s technique lacks substance. Simply saying something doesn’t work when you haven’t even tried it is a weak argument.

I wish more doctors were like Dr. Cole and are willing to test out a new technique. I am planning to send an email to a bunch of HT doctors alerting them to the Gho procedure. Dr. Cole is definitely one to contact.

To the above poster who says that we won’t get to the bottom of this issue, well, a defeatist attitude like that is not going to get you anywhere.

» Although I have great respect for Dr. Woods and his pioneering
» achievements, I do think that his criticism of Gho’s technique lacks
» substance. Simply saying something doesn’t work when you haven’t even tried
» it is a weak argument.
»
» I wish more doctors were like Dr. Cole and are willing to test out a new
» technique. I am planning to send an email to a bunch of HT doctors alerting
» them to the Gho procedure. Dr. Cole is definitely one to contact.
»
» To the above poster who says that we won’t get to the bottom of this
» issue, well, a defeatist attitude like that is not going to get you
» anywhe

Dr Gho’s procedure as been talked about several times on hairsite and other hairloss forums over the last few years,but we still have not seen any evidence that it works,so I believe Dr Woods is correct.

Remember these hairloss forums are made up of desparate,hopeful,dreaming people,who really really want hair that bad that we believe,hope in stuff that is not real,all because we think we will be happier and lead a fuller life with hair.

Dr Gho as never showed the ordinary people like us any real proof at all.

So come on Dr Gho how about it,maybe someone should phone his clinic,let him know he’s the talk of hairsite at the moment,and see if he wants to comment on his procedure with evidence,

ROLL ON HM!

» Dr Gho’s procedure as been talked about several times on hairsite and
» other hairloss forums over the last few years,

Are you joking? This guy Gho is hyping here from the very beginning of the forum, more than a decade ago. He is constantly reinventing his hypes.

We wouldn’t need half a dozen other respected HT docs proving this works if the inventor would just do so. He’s had years to produce one photogenic case. One case.

If I was in his shoes I would have probably produced that case years ago just during the process of testing & refining the technique. When I invent something I wanna see it done. I’m not satisfied to just believe it would work if I ever tried it, I wanna TRY IT.

» » Dr Gho’s procedure as been talked about several times on hairsite and
» » other hairloss forums over the last few years,
»
» Are you joking? This guy Gho is hyping here from the very beginning of the
» forum, more than a decade ago. He is constantly reinventing his hypes.

Yes,but I have only been here a few years.

» » » Dr Gho’s procedure as been talked about several times on hairsite and
» » » other hairloss forums over the last few years,
» »
» » Are you joking? This guy Gho is hyping here from the very beginning of
» the
» » forum, more than a decade ago. He is constantly reinventing his hypes.
»
» Yes,but I have only been here a few years.

Good frigging Lord lets wait for other HT Docs to proof or disproof this technique.

The only GOOD Answer i found in all the GHO-Bla Bla Bla was from Dr A. And this is actually pretty sad.

We are going one step ahead and threee steps back.

Instead of Bit*hing around we should email GHO and other HT Docs to produce a case like say a NW6 or NW7 going back to at least a “HIGH DENSITY NW 2 WITH OPTION TO NW1”

I dont wanna see any more Joling Photos, i wanna see a normal bald guy who finally proofs or disproofs the whole thing

In Theory everything is possible, i give everyone that, but i just wanna see the “NW6/NW7 back to at least NW2 Transformation”(includind an awesome density which is actually dense even if the hair is wet)

This is all I ASK FOR nothing more.

And there is no help in Bit*hing around like Woods or blind support GHO based on some “not 100%” proofing fotos

» Instead of Bit*hing around we should email GHO and other HT Docs to
» produce a case like say a NW6 or NW7 going back to at least a “HIGH DENSITY
» NW 2 WITH OPTION TO NW1”

The funny thing is that Dr. Gho has not even mentioned that this transformation could be possible!! So it seems that he has no intention whatsoever to do such transformation. Isn’t it suspicious??

We are Ghoing round in circles…

Gho seems to be happy with his pace when it comes to putting HST on the market - which seems to be 2 steps forward and 1.999999999999999999999 steps back.

» We are Ghoing round in circles…
»
» Gho seems to be happy with his pace when it comes to putting HST on the
» market - which seems to be 2 steps forward and 1.999999999999999999999
» steps back.

Just found a HST video, produced early in 2009, with English subtitles:

Maybe here you can find some answers – especially in regard “experimental treatment” …

» 1. James Bond is pleading to rely on “science” and “peer-reviewed papers”.

You weren’t around yesteryear when people’s main criticism of Gho was that he would not publish and reveal the technique. “If it was real, he would publish.”

The truth is, you could perform this on live TV (as was done earlier this month in Holland), and people still wouldn’t believe it. If you show pictures, they say, show video. Joling goes on TV proclaiming donor regrowth and showing of his HT, and people say show pictures. Gho publishes, and people say, it’s not good enough. Dutch 60-minutes type television shows cover the technique in depth with analysis from other scientists etc, and people say, “why isn’t this all over the news?”

For crying out loud, once claims are published, they are easily testable. What part of that do people not get? Shoddy HT clinics show video and photos in perfect lighting. Scientists use peer-reviewed journals. This allows other scientists a fair chance to prove or disprove the claims.

A recent call to the clinic revealed restoring NW7’s is possible, but it takes a lot of time and money. For those willing to hang in there, they can get their hair back. The reason I’m holding off on the technique has nothing to do with donor regrowth. A large part of a HT is artistic skill. I’m a lot more worried about an unnatural result than I am about the science underlying the technique. I’m a NW3v. I could get a decent restoration without donor regrowth. The donor regrowth to me is simply future insurance I’ll have enough donor to cover future loss.

I should add, I’m 100% convinced the study result is an accurate portrayal of the study outcome. However, I remain unsure of whether Gho can get the same level of consistency on an every day basis in his clinics. As bverrotti (?) pointed out, the donor was extracted extremely slowly in the study and is extracted much faster in the clinic.

» » We are Ghoing round in circles…
» »
» » Gho seems to be happy with his pace when it comes to putting HST on the
» » market - which seems to be 2 steps forward and 1.999999999999999999999
» » steps back.
»
» Just found a HST video, produced early in 2009, with English
» subtitles:
» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diL2PqlzoG0
»
» Maybe here you can find some answers – especially in regard “experimental
» treatment” …

Watching this video put things into perspective. Poor kid.

» » Just found a HST video, produced early in 2009, with English
» » subtitles:
» » http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diL2PqlzoG0
» »
» » Maybe here you can find some answers – especially in regard
» “experimental
» » treatment” …
»
» Watching this video put things into perspective. Poor kid.

By the way – The poor little boy in this reportage/video (Igli), has been treated by one of Dr. Gho’s physicians - Dr. Kristel van Herwijnen (Clinical Manager, HSI) …

http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/kristel-van-herwijnen/13/625/754

She’s a young, but very skilled physician, who successfully reconstructed many complicated burn victims during the past years - sure, many normal baldies as well …

Iron_Man, thanks for the video, very interesting, but it doesn’t show that it works (although I agree it looks promising), Dr Gho has not beeen able (at least by the time of that video) to provide the Dutch Government with sufficient evidence to prove it works and they regarded it as experimental.

If you look at James Bond’s post even he is not yet sure that it is actually practical at this stage.

I would agree that it would appear very strange if Dr Gho and his team were all lying about this, but Dr Gho seems to be a very strange guy (judging by his previous claims) - so who knows.

It is very expensive (no surprise) but it is great that the little boy has received it for free.

» It is very expensive (no surprise) but it is great that the little boy has
» received it for free.

According to the video, the kid’s plastic surgeon (the one who reconstructed the kid’s face) had to collect money to pay for the HT. This means that Gho charged the kid for the treatment. And he got advertising on TV. Not bad. Gho is pretty clever.
When you see the extension of the burned areas, you see that normal FUE would have sufficed. There is enough donor to do the job.

» » It is very expensive (no surprise) but it is great that the little boy
» has
» » received it for free.
»
» According to the video, the kid’s plastic surgeon (the one who
» reconstructed the kid’s face) had to collect money to pay for the HT.

Right! But NOT for any traditional HT, it has been “for the current BEST treatment out there” as mentioned by the other hairloss patients in this REPORTAGE as well …

» This means that Gho charged the kid for the treatment. And he got advertising
» on TV. Not bad. Gho is pretty clever.

As you can see, if you have a real good thing running, you get lots of “advertising” FOR FREE! :smiley:

» When you see the extension of the burned areas, you see that normal FUE
» would have sufficed. There is enough donor to do the job.

Maybe, but without

• any (additional) loss of hair follicles in the donor area (“Donor hair follicle preservation”!!)

• no scarring in the donor area.

And by the way: Dr. Gho is a respected physician especially for burn victims as well, because to treat burn victims, isn’t really easy …

Thanks for the advertisement, IronMan, but I am not interested

» Right! But NOT for any traditional HT, it has been “for the current BEST
» treatment out there” as mentioned by the other hairloss patients in this
» REPORTAGE as well …
»

» As you can see, if you have a real good thing running, you get lots of
» “advertising” FOR FREE! :smiley:

Including yours?

» Maybe, but without
»
» - any (additional) loss of hair follicles in the donor area (“Donor hair
» follicle preservation”!!)

that is your assumption. the video doesn’t even try to prove that.
they consider it a fact.

» And by the way: Dr. Gho is a respected physician especially for burn
» victims as well, because to treat burn victims, isn’t really easy …

other HT docs put grafts in scar tissue too.

» » As you can see, if you have a real good thing running, you get lots of
» » “advertising” FOR FREE! :smiley:
»
» Including yours?

Absolutely, YES!