Fue Hair Transplant Facts and Benefits written by Dr. Sara Armani

NW5a I have to disagree. I have been with the clinic almost a year now and have seen many many patients in person. The FUE results that I am seeing on a consistant basis are everybit as good if not better then strip. Our hairlines look as natural and dense as ever, and the best part is, there is no strip scar from ear to ear.

Fue results below:

» Whats up with the max. FUE Sessions and low graft/hair count ? U note it
» above, that it is an advantage of FUE to choose the grafts to get a high
» graft/hair count. Example of the work showed me the difference. I saw 2
» patients of Armani in different boards, who get max. Fue sessions with 5000
» Grafts and higher. Both had only 1,4 hair p. graft ?

I don’t understand this “low graft/hair count” issue, what does that mean?

» » Whats up with the max. FUE Sessions and low graft/hair count ? U note it
» » above, that it is an advantage of FUE to choose the grafts to get a
» high
» » graft/hair count. Example of the work showed me the difference. I saw 2
» » patients of Armani in different boards, who get max. Fue sessions with
» » Grafts and higher. Both had only 1,4 hair p. graft ?
»
» I don’t understand this “low graft/hair count” issue, what does that mean?

johnp,

hairs and grafts are different; all the talk about mega sessions FUE means nothing if you don’t get the hairs per graft at the same time. 1.4 hair per graft or more accurate per follicular unit is well well below average and means do not expect a result of 4000 grafts on the normal person who has 2.2 or maybe more hairs per graft. Hard to believe that such a low amount of hairs is even a ht candidate in the first place let alone these large ops. The fact about 3 or 4 results are used all the time, not the best quality pictures at that, where are the hoardes that had their ops and the other results. you are obliged to post your result as per the contract you sign…if it is good, so if we only see a handful, is this all that is good out of the 1000’s performed.

When looking at the overall comparison of FUE vs FUSS procedures, I must comment that the benefits of the FUE are a step above those of the FUSS. I had a strip surgery 5 years ago and although happy with my results I will always have a scar limiting the ability to wear my hair short. This feeds into point number 9 above. Having the option of wearing your hair short is important and only the FUE technique gives you that option. Also, the ability to hand pick the best follicles one at a time is extremely important to the success of the procedure. The time of the procedure may take a little longer but well worth it in the end. Also, the recovery time is less with FUE and the pain associated with the procedure is not as intense. Very important factors when considering a HT. I am scheduled to have a FUE procedure in a few weeks and am really looking forward to it.

» » Whats up with the max. FUE Sessions and low graft/hair count ? U note it
» » above, that it is an advantage of FUE to choose the grafts to get a
» high
» » graft/hair count. Example of the work showed me the difference. I saw 2
» » patients of Armani in different boards, who get max. Fue sessions with
» » Grafts and higher. Both had only 1,4 hair p. graft ?
»
» I don’t understand this “low graft/hair count” issue, what does that mean?

U have natural Folliular Units in groups with 1-5 hairs in your Donor. Advantage of FUE is to harvest the multiple FU´s to create more density behind the hairline, where 1 & 2 hair FU´s are needed. The average graft count is 1,9-2,3 hairs per graft with strip surgeriers. So, my question is, why these 2 guys get a lower graft hair count (1,4) with 5000 and more FUE grafts ? If they get 4000 grafts with a strip, perhaps they would have 2.0 hairs x 4000 = 8000 Hairs, but with Fue only 5600… ? Perhaps Pat can explain this.

They paid a lot of Dollars for a less number of hairs ? I am a little bit confused, cause i was very interested in that max Fue sessions, as u can read on Armanis webpage. It could be a great chance for all men with pattern over NW4, but u can only get a full head of hair with hairs, not grafts. So i have doubts about it.

With Fue we are able to select the follicals that we would like to use for the result. Point number 8 in Dr. Sara’s write up. With strip you are limited to the follicals that fall within the chunk of skin being removed from your head.

Meaning, If we need more doubles and triples because max coverage is the goal for a NW4 or NW5 we can harvest those because with FUE we hand pick the follicals that best suit the needs of the patient. More doubles and triples can be selected. In essence, MORE HAIRS! With strip the doctor is limited to whats been cut.

As far as results, I would say there are more Armani patients constantly updating us with results then any other doctor on here.

The patient below was able to get amazing coverage from crown to hairline with only 4,000 grafts because of the reasons I mentioned above.

» johnp,
»
» hairs and grafts are different; all the talk about mega sessions FUE means
» nothing if you don’t get the hairs per graft at the same time. 1.4 hair per
» graft or more accurate per follicular unit is well well below average and
» means do not expect a result of 4000 grafts on the normal person who has
» 2.2 or maybe more hairs per graft. Hard to believe that such a low amount
» of hairs is even a ht candidate in the first place let alone these large
» ops. The fact about 3 or 4 results are used all the time, not the best
» quality pictures at that, where are the hoardes that had their ops and the
» other results. you are obliged to post your result as per the contract you
» sign…if it is good, so if we only see a handful, is this all that is good
» out of the 1000’s performed.

Where did the 1.4 hairs per graft number come from? REGARDLESS of whether the follicular units are taken from a strip or selected by FUE, an FU is an FU. There is ZERO difference. As far as placement of grafts (follicular units) goes, there is ZERO difference in the method of placing the grafts between the two types of surgeries. Therefore, it is very safe to assume that density would be the same in either case. Those who state otherwise do not know what they are talking about and should refrain from commenting. It is also erroneous and quite naive to state that FUE-only doctors only post their best cases and the strip-only doctors post all of their results.

Does Armani clinic charge based on number of hairs or number of grafts?

» » » Whats up with the max. FUE Sessions and low graft/hair count ? U note
» it
» » » above, that it is an advantage of FUE to choose the grafts to get a
» » high
» » » graft/hair count. Example of the work showed me the difference. I saw
» » » patients of Armani in different boards, who get max. Fue sessions
» with
» » » Grafts and higher. Both had only 1,4 hair p. graft ?
» »
» » I don’t understand this “low graft/hair count” issue, what does that
» mean?
»
» U have natural Folliular Units in groups with 1-5 hairs in your Donor.
» Advantage of FUE is to harvest the multiple FU´s to create more density
» behind the hairline, where 1 & 2 hair FU´s are needed. The average graft
» count is 1,9-2,3 hairs per graft with strip surgeriers. So, my question is,
» why these 2 guys get a lower graft hair count (1,4) with 5000 and more FUE
» grafts ? If they get 4000 grafts with a strip, perhaps they would have 2.0
» hairs x 4000 = 8000 Hairs, but with Fue only 5600… ? Perhaps Pat can
» explain this.
»
» They paid a lot of Dollars for a less number of hairs ? I am a little bit
» confused, cause i was very interested in that max Fue sessions, as u can
» read on Armanis webpage. It could be a great chance for all men with
» pattern over NW4, but u can only get a full head of hair with hairs, not
» grafts. So i have doubts about it.

The ability to select all multi-hair grafts with FUE work is only an advantage over strip if you’re not creating a hairline during that session.

Otherwise, if the HT session involves creating a hairline, then the doc is still gonna want to select like a thousand single-hair FUE grafts anyway.

Speaking from personal experience I would say that the benefits of FUE far outweigh those of FUSS. I had several FUSS surgeries and would never choose to go that route again. I found it to be very invasive and I thought the results that the surgeries yielded were the same as FUE. I found that with FUE I got really good coverage…in fact I found the density to be even better. My personal opinion. Great comments guys!

I’m sure your not gonna answer this question but im throwing it out anyway. Since Sara armani seems to be a master of fue how come she wont try her method at BHT. some doctors have thought that one reason bht doesnt grow is because the grafts are delicate and get damaged in the extraction process. Since sara armani has a better fue process how come she wont try and make bht viable.

Now if you do answer this question i think your asnwer will be , the average donor site has more than enough grafts to give full coverage to nw7 so bht is not needed. While i dont agree with this , for arguments sake lets say its true, but why not still experiment with it for the ppl who dont have average donors, repair patients and people who even though they may have enough donor just simly want even more density than their average donor can provide.

Please dont mistake this post for an attack on your clinic, i think you guys do great work and I would love to see your clinic tackle and solve body hair transplants to make it viable.

Two great aspects of FUE in my opinion is the excellent coverage it provides and the ability to wear your hair short.

A few weeks after my FUE once the healing was complete I could already shave the sides short. I overlooked this and did not give it much thought ever. But now that my hair is coming in so nice, I like to style my hair differently, and FUE gives you that option.

Also, the amount of coverage you can obtain from FUE blew me away as well. I have people ask me questions about this all the time. Some think that harvesting single hairs will not yield much coverage, but the opposite is true. The technology of today and talent of people like Dr. Alvi Armani and Dr. Sara Armani make FUE an unbelievable option for people with hair loss.

» I’m sure your not gonna answer this question but im throwing it out
» anyway. Since Sara armani seems to be a master of fue how come she wont try
» her method at BHT. some doctors have thought that one reason bht doesnt
» grow is because the grafts are delicate and get damaged in the extraction
» process. Since sara armani has a better fue process how come she wont try
» and make bht viable.
»
» Now if you do answer this question i think your asnwer will be , the
» average donor site has more than enough grafts to give full coverage to
» nw7 so bht is not needed. While i dont agree with this , for arguments sake
» lets say its true, but why not still experiment with it for the ppl who
» dont have average donors, repair patients and people who even though they
» may have enough donor just simly want even more density than their average
» donor can provide.
»
» Please dont mistake this post for an attack on your clinic, i think you
» guys do great work and I would love to see your clinic tackle and solve
» body hair transplants to make it viable.

I want hair transplant just to fill in certain areas but I do not want to use any of my head donor hair, it would be great if Armani also does body hair transplants.

» » I’m sure your not gonna answer this question but im throwing it out
» » anyway. Since Sara armani seems to be a master of fue how come she wont
» try
» » her method at BHT. some doctors have thought that one reason bht
» doesnt
» » grow is because the grafts are delicate and get damaged in the
» extraction
» » process. Since sara armani has a better fue process how come she wont
» try
» » and make bht viable.
» »
» » Now if you do answer this question i think your asnwer will be , the
» » average donor site has more than enough grafts to give full coverage
» to
» » nw7 so bht is not needed. While i dont agree with this , for arguments
» sake
» » lets say its true, but why not still experiment with it for the ppl
» who
» » dont have average donors, repair patients and people who even though
» they
» » may have enough donor just simly want even more density than their
» average
» » donor can provide.
» »
» » Please dont mistake this post for an attack on your clinic, i think you
» » guys do great work and I would love to see your clinic tackle and solve
» » body hair transplants to make it viable.
»
» I want hair transplant just to fill in certain areas but I do not want to
» use any of my head donor hair, it would be great if Armani also does body
» hair transplants.

Amen , I am in the exact same boat. I would love to close my temples with my groilla hair on my chest/back shoulders but right now bht is not viable. I still feel this is an area that needs to be reaserched. Realisticly hair cloning is DECADES away. With bht the hair is there we just gotta find a way to make it grow. I know feller had a new fue punch design for bht but he abandoned it after dr. cole pulled out of the project and feller abandoned bht experiments all together.
There are doctors who offer bht now but the yield is atrocious.
Some say they wouldnt want bht especially for the hairline since the bht will be kinky , but my response is theres plenty of chemical straightners that could take care of that problem.

Some really good comments on this topic. Like I stated earlier I truly believe that FUE is the way to go now. I am really stoked about my results from FUSS, but I would not ever consider going strip again. I really thing we are seeing some really good consistant results from the top clinics that are offering FUE. The FUE clinics seemed to have really improved in their techniques during the last year. I really like the coverage we are seeing in the patients with the higher norwood levels. With in the next five years I think will see less and less clinics offering FUSS and most of them converting over to FUE.

Unfortunatly this post will probably not be answerd by pats (or given the usual more than enough donor hair no need for bht) and the issue will die.

lets keep it on the eye and stay on the topic. if ure looking for body hair transplants look into another clinic like dr. umar who specializes in the area and posts regularly. don’t whine about why oen surgeon is not specializing in a field of your interest. dr armani’s clinic specializes in fue hair transplants - not body fue so there’s no need to answer why they won’t do body fue regardless of how bad u and i want to see them do it because of their skills.

» Unfortunatly this post will probably not be answerd by pats (or given the
» usual more than enough donor hair no need for bht) and the issue will die.

It’s all in pretty much in black and white. FUE is unarguably the future of hair transplants. we can wait for decades and hold our breathes until hair duplication comes out but that’s just a “hope”. realistically FUE is the most advanced up to date, current, and future of hair transplants. the luxury of having no scar, vast donor site availability, and most likely BETTER hair transplants with fue as opposed to fuss is now a reality.

the “WHO” who obviously has a target and hidden agenda for posting is only exposing himself as to being naive rather than presenting logical arguments.
Which cosmetic surgeon, or ANY field that provides ANY service, has ever posted every single result of the serice or surgery they provided? thats the dumbest argument I’ve ever heard. Funny how it’s only directed at dr Armani’s clinic and not any other clinic who wisely hand picks their results to be posted. it’s business pal. welcome to the new millenium. question is who can post many excellent results back to back with first-person testimonials as much as armani clinic has? you’ve guessed it…nobody. oh wait… this is where your secret conspiracy of the underground contracts and clauses come in to effect right? yeh… just like the next attack youre going to come up with…“armani results exposed!..armani secretly sends his patients to mars to have martians perform the hair transplants with their high-tech tools and skills…”… i’m waiting for something to that nature from wanabe-spyes such as ureself.

lets post side by side comparisons of fue results and strip results with the same number of grafts used even in the large sessions… fue results will dwarf strip results that r coming out of clinics like HDC and armani’s. welcome to the new millenium.

Just to briefly comment on all this, from the results that are shown by the Armani clinic, it is evident to see that they have come a long way in this industry and that the surgeons are getting more artistic and skilled with each procedure. I have been thoroughly researching this forum as well as other sites and have still yet to see a lot of other clinics with the same results that Armani possesses. The FUE procedures are very impressive and it is mind blowing to see the amount of coverage that is produced with each surgery. To the Armani clinic…keep displaying as many results as possible and I’m sure the ones who continue to criticize will eventually come to the sheer fact that you are on top of the HT industry and that your clinic will out-perform any other.

Armani’s work is good. But half the impressiveness of the results are still due to massive amounts of grafts being used more aggressively than most docs are willing to.

Graft-for-graft, his work seems about average for the top FUE docs lately. Not above the rest of them IMHO.