Facts and Benefits of FUE by Dr. Sara Armani
- minimally invasive
- much faster recovery time
- less painful recovery
- treating widened scars left by strip surgeries
- for patients who heal with widened scars or thickened linear scars
- ability to harvest more follicles after inability to perform more strip surgeries
- no donor limitations due to scalp laxity
- selection of follicles - Fue allows us to SELECT the follicles one by one. This means we can specifically choose the follicles needed depending on where these follicles are going to be grafted. Singles in the hairline, doubles and triples towards the back. With strip you are limited to the follicles cut out of the scalp. This is often overlooked.
- Patient can wear their hair short with no smiley line in the back noticeable from afar, no strip scar.
The extraction of follicles must be performed by a highly experienced team of doctors. This requires countless hours of training.
- experience in performing FUE technique
- proper techniques of extraction, graft handling and insertion
- patience required by staff, doctors and patient in longer procedure times
About doctors who criticize do FUE
- not willing to take the time and effort required to learn the technique as it is more difficult and requires more time
- continuing to criticize those who push the boundaries to improve the technique for the benefit of the patient
- requires more surgical assistants and technology, costing the doctor more money and resources
Direct criticisms answered:
FUE yields are poorer compared to FUSS
<strong>Answer:</strong> In the right hands and with proper training FUE yields are equivalent to the best FUSS. Every doctor will have patients who are not satisfied due to individual variables. Different patient characteristics will determine final outcomes. These include age, hair density, hair caliber, smoker or nonsmoker, proper post op care, use of recommended medications and individual hair growth rates, previous surgeries, scar tissue and genetic variabilities. These will apply to both FUSS and FUE patients
FUE mega sessions use brute force
<strong>Answer: </strong> Unless individuals making these claims have actually observed this in person, THEY have no right to make such statements. Since they are unable to achieve the same numbers of grafts they assume anyone else doing so is incapable of such a feat.
Innovation and moving forward will always be met by people who prefer to remain in their comfort zone and prefer not to try and push forward.