Follica is NOT dead yet!

Following is the exact statement from that article everyone is talking about

“And the company has enough money to push the program through proof-of-concept toward an NDA”.

First thing, an NDA is filed AFTER the clinical trials are done - it’s essentially the last step of the process, before any drug can officialy be marketed!

Second, what that statement is saying is just that Follica has collected enough money already to pursue this drug/procedure all the way till the end. Essentially, they don’t need to worry about any more funding to keep this program alive, unlike Intercytex.

Cheers :slight_smile:

» Following is the exact statement from that article everyone is talking
» about
»
» “And the company has enough money to push the program through
» proof-of-concept toward an NDA”.
»
» First thing, an NDA is filed AFTER the clinical trials are done -
» it’s essentially the last step of the process, before any drug can
» officialy be marketed!
»
» Second, what that statement is saying is just that Follica has collected
» enough money already to pursue this drug/procedure all the way till
» the end. Essentially, they don’t need to worry about any more funding to
» keep this program alive, unlike Intercytex.
»
» Cheers :slight_smile:

I agree. I haven’t seen any evidence yet that Follica is a failure.

who said follica is dead? however the problem is, follica still 4-5 years away from now … this is the REAL problem.

» who said follica is dead? however the problem is, follica still 4-5 years
» away from now … this is the REAL problem.

shytt i can wait 4 to 5 years that aint nothing. im still not even bald yet lol

???

Who said anything about Follica being dead?

» ???
»
» Who said anything about Follica being dead?

So are we gonna start fighting over this now??

There are already 3 threads on follica taking 4-5 years, NDA etc and Follica being far behind. And then this one about time to say goodbye to follica. So I just decided to create a new one and post the important info regarding NDA.

even if follica needs 4-5 years to hit market the chances to works still the same (atm), not at all intercytex 'cause after 8 years they aren’t able to show a damn bad thing about their product, this is why intercytex is dead, and follica can’t dead for now. Follica will dead IF and only IF beetwen next 1-2 years will still be at the same point of now

hey guys

please stop this optimist pessimist talks. lets wait and see (and hope).
you can read articles with quoted timelines for a product fro, 2-3 years to 10 years. all quoted by cotsarelis or zohar. what shall we believe?

there are no facts about follica working on humans! but the follica process looks very promising to me. if there is any evidence for the patent is working on humans, we can discuss the timeline.

my hopes were raised by zohar, when she said thtat there will be no more announcements for a while. it seems to me as they wont feed their competitors too much with informations.

if follica is so close to a therapy as some people think, they have to bring evidence in the next twelve months.

my opinion is, that we shouldn`t be that pessimistic as long as follica is on the timeline. if there is no sign of working whithin a year, it we can feel sceptic about follica.

maybe the researchers of this board are successfull earlier;-))))

greetz
matigol

» hey guys
»
» please stop this optimist pessimist talks. lets wait and see (and hope).
» you can read articles with quoted timelines for a product fro, 2-3 years
» to 10 years. all quoted by cotsarelis or zohar. what shall we believe?
»
» there are no facts about follica working on humans! but the follica
» process looks very promising to me. if there is any evidence for the patent
» is working on humans, we can discuss the timeline.
»
» my hopes were raised by zohar, when she said thtat there will be no more
» announcements for a while. it seems to me as they wont feed their
» competitors too much with informations.
»
» if follica is so close to a therapy as some people think, they have to
» bring evidence in the next twelve months.
»
» my opinion is, that we shouldn`t be that pessimistic as long as follica is
» on the timeline. if there is no sign of working whithin a year, it we can
» feel sceptic about follica.
»
» maybe the researchers of this board are successfull earlier;-))))
»
»
» greetz
» matigol

Yup. There’s little reason to pull a henny-penny on Follica right now. We already know Follica’s got enough money to take this concept through trials (InterCytex can’t say that), and they’re surrounded by people with intimate knowledge commercializing life-science products (InterCytex can’t say that either).

Most of us are anxious for one thing, and one thing alone: proof-of-concept on honest-to-goodness, living, breathing human beings. Everything else should be a cake walk for these guys.

follica ain’t dead, but it looks like the idea of using acell to grow new hair and cure mpb is dead.

» follica ain’t dead, but it looks like the idea of using acell to
» grow new hair and cure mpb is dead.

Why? Did I miss something? I haven’t seen any results one way or another. I plan on calling them (Acell) this week to see if any of the doctors have reported anything to them. Hopefully they will tell me.

We haven’t discussed it here for a while because there is nothing to discuss. As far as I know, some doctors have it and I would assume are trying it. Other than that…we are just waiting.

If I find out anything (good or bad) I will post it on this forum and then be “pounced on” by several members (but I really could care less about their opinions).

Take Care,
Bill

From the article that was recently posted.

“the company has enough money to push the program through proof-of-concept toward an NDA - a path that’s likely to take an accelerated development path that compresses the usual early and mid-stage trials into a 24- to 36-month window. An approval could conceivably be won in four to five years.”

All the HM methods are always either nearly on the shelves or a total failure.

So Acell is a failure now?

There is absolutely nothing concrete to base that idea on.

That idea is being circulated because people can’t stand the waiting.

» That idea is being circulated because people can’t stand the waiting.

BINGO!

People here should realise that IF Follica works (still a big if) and IF they can speed the process up by avoiding certain stages of FDA approval, and IF they really pull their fingers out to get it to market as soon as is humanly possible, then IT WILL STILL BE 5 years until we get a sniff of it.

Follica is promising and definitely worth keeping an eye on (as are several other areas of research) but don’t wait for it. It’ll happen when it happens. And that’ll be at least 5 years.

Get on with life, keep taking the meds, and it’ll fly by.

Wait for it and you’ll wake up one day after what seems like an interminable amount of time only to realise you’ve lost years of your life. Grow up people!

» Following is the exact statement from that article everyone is talking
» about
»
» “And the company has enough money to push the program through
» proof-of-concept toward an NDA”.
»
» First thing, an NDA is filed AFTER the clinical trials are done -
» it’s essentially the last step of the process, before any drug can
» officialy be marketed!
»
» Second, what that statement is saying is just that Follica has collected
» enough money already to pursue this drug/procedure all the way till
» the end. Essentially, they don’t need to worry about any more funding to
» keep this program alive, unlike Intercytex.
»
» Cheers :slight_smile:

If all goes perfect I’ll be just 34 years old at the time. lol.

4/5 years is the most optimistic estimate,

what is the realistic? 8?

what is the pessimistic? never

» People here should realise that IF Follica works (still a big if) and IF
» they can speed the process up by avoiding certain stages of FDA approval,
» and IF they really pull their fingers out to get it to market as soon as is
» humanly possible, then IT WILL STILL BE 5 years until we get a sniff of
» it.

Wrong…if they can legally bypass stringent FDA trials, this means that they can just do their own small experiments to get the procedure right. Afterwards, they’ll just need one trial to make sure it works on several levels/types of baldness and then they can market it. So without trials IF follica works, it could be available by late 2009/early 2010.

» Follica is promising and definitely worth keeping an eye on (as are
» several other areas of research) but don’t wait for it. It’ll happen when
» it happens. And that’ll be at least 5 years.

All others are AT LEAST 5 years away…and don’t have any human incidents(like with Follica) to back them up…so those are a big maybe!

» Get on with life, keep taking the meds, and it’ll fly by.
»
» Wait for it and you’ll wake up one day after what seems like an
» interminable amount of time only to realise you’ve lost years of your life.

Good advice…seriously guys, I wasted my life waiting for TRC because of that idiot nathan (and his fantasies of commercialization in 2008)…now I regret it! I am NW6 @ 26, most of you are definitely in much better condition (hairloss wise) than I am. So trust me, just stick to whatever works for you and move on. It’s not like most of you are here to experiment, or do actual research - speaking of which, this forum has turned into a girls’ fight club and isn’t much use anyway. People like me who used to come here to learn new stuff, rarely read/post here now.

you must be very low norwood goata. No one who’s been on this board for more then few months can believe in what you say.

» you must be very low norwood goata. No one who’s been on this board for
» more then few months can believe in what you say.

I’m not really sure what you mean by this??

I started balding when I was 17, tried everything except propecia. Like bryan, I just don’t believe in propecia route.

» » you must be very low norwood goata. No one who’s been on this board for
» » more then few months can believe in what you say.
»
» I’m not really sure what you mean by this??
»
» I started balding when I was 17, tried everything except propecia. Like
» bryan, I just don’t believe in propecia route.

perhaps you should have bitten the bullet…
i think its about time for me to do so. hopefully i wont have to stress and wake up depressed every morning for a few years until maybe something better hits.

» » » you must be very low norwood goata. No one who’s been on this board
» for
» » » more then few months can believe in what you say.
» »
» » I’m not really sure what you mean by this??
» »

I think what he means is, people who’ve been on these boards for a while know how long it takes for things to happen. People who’ve been here since 99, for example, remember hearing, “2001! That’ll be the year!”

Then “2003!”

Then, “Bazan, in 2004!”

Then, “ICX in 2008!”

etc etc

Realistically, I think we are in our last, genuine “Five years from now” period (or at least in five years we’ll have a definite timetable, rather than guesswork).

But anyone who genuinely thinks anything will be available in a year or two (or even months!) is suffering from a severe case of wishful-thinking.

I know we like to think that they get up every morning and rush to the lab, eager to see how everything is going, but they don’t.

My point was, however, that I remember Bazan proclaiming “HM in Jan 2004!” and at the time I knew it was rubbish. But still, the date stuck in my mind. That was 4.5 years ago, and to be honest it’s flown by. So while I’d like it out now, if it really is 5 years (or even in 5 years they are saying, “It works! Release date is in 36 months!” then I’d be happy.