Finally a tattoo hair treatment. I\'m going to do this

http://www.baldingblog.com/2011/02/23/scalp-micro-pigmentation-an-alternative-to-hair-transplantation/

Are you male or female p_rry ?

William Rassman, MD - February 24th, 2011 at 8:41 am

Robert West-
The fee for a very bald man or a person who has his entire head done is $6,000. This will cover the main session and one to three touch-up sessions as the pigment may initially fade. Generally, fees for this can range from $3000-6000 depending upon the extent of the work.

ZG-
Everyone is different and I would make judgments on each person on a one-on-one basis. It is critical to establish realistic expectations and this is something the doctor and the patient must work out in person. The same type of initial examination will be done on all new patients to form the basis of a good, productive consultation and to build a good Master Plan so that everything you do will anticipate more hair loss over time and the consequences of any and all decisions made. And yes, we have been doing combined procedures of SMP and hair transplants.

Daniel Knepshield-
There is overhead here and risks, and I do not want to minimize these issues. I have, over the years, seen many patients who have had tattoos to their head and they looked totally unnatural, almost freaky… so from that experience, I established opinions from what I saw. I have seen some excellent results from a variety of places offering this type of service and amongst the best of them, the results can not be easily told from a full headed clipped scalp. Keep in mind that most people will accept what they see.

The patient shown above told me that he went to work and met with his colleagues 5 days later with great anxiety. A few noticed that he shaved his head and liked the change, but others just accepted his new hair style. No one asked him “What did you do to your scalp?” The pigments do still carry the risk of changing color to blue or green, so keeping out of the sun and wearing sunblock for sun exposure is critical.

William Rassman, MD - February 24th, 2011 at 8:45 am

Bill and Jack Smith-
Graying may be a problem as age sets in. Dyeing the hair to keep the balance between a dark scalp and white hair will be important for the future of many of these patients.

John-
Some may pick it up if they know what they are looking for, many people will not. Nothing is perfect in this world.

Jeff-
Good insights, but there will be no blank rule here and the patient and the doctor will have to discuss this.

Johnny-
Afraid, no… but over exposure to the sun is not a good idea. Using a hat outdoors or a good sun screen is critical when sun exposure occurs.

Tattoos can fade or change color under intense sunlight so protections are important with the use of a hat or a good high SPF blocker.