Finally a tattoo hair treatment. I\'m going to do this

Right now if I shave my hair, it looks like I did it because I have to. I’ve thought about getting a tattoo to have the shaved hair look by choice, but I never did it because I was afraid the ink would turn blue/green or just look bad.

I just found this hair clinic that specializes in tattooing heads to look naturally shaved. They also use special ink and other unique products.

Here are some before and after photos

I plan on doing this. I just hope the price isn’t like ten times what a normal tattoo artist would charge. It’s at least a step in looking like I have a full head of hair while still using topicals.

Any opinions about this?

I would expect up close you could tell the difference.

1. I think it is a great masking job
  2. I think with a hair transplant it would be extremely beneficial… ie cover some “shiny” areas
  3. looks great with covering scared areas a great plus if transplanted hairs go into scared areas.

over all best used with transplant… Remember if U have no access to a razor it will look funny when 2/3 of your head is sproting hairs while U have a valley of pigment

» I would expect up close you could tell the difference.
»
» 1. I think it is a great masking job
» 2. I think with a hair transplant it would be extremely beneficial… ie
» cover some “shiny” areas
» 3. looks great with covering scared areas a great plus if transplanted
» hairs go into scared areas.
»
» over all best used with transplant… Remember if U have no access to a
» razor it will look funny when 2/3 of your head is sproting hairs while U
» have a valley of pigment

Dont do it cause hair tattoos are crap just wait another 2 years and see what hm is doing

» Right now if I shave my hair, it looks like I did it because I have to.
» I’ve thought about getting a tattoo to have the shaved hair look by choice,
» but I never did it because I was afraid the ink would turn blue/green or
» just look bad.
»
» I just found this hair clinic that specializes in tattooing heads to look
» naturally shaved. They also use special ink and other unique products.
»
» Here are some before and after photos
» UK Hair Loss Experts | London and Birmingham | His Hair
»
» I plan on doing this. I just hope the price isn’t like ten times what a
» normal tattoo artist would charge. It’s at least a step in looking like I
» have a full head of hair while still using topicals.
»
» Any opinions about this?

What do you plan to do when you find out they lied and the spots change color in a year or two?

Call a cop?

» What do you plan to do when you find out they lied and the spots change
» color in a year or two?
»
» Call a cop?

From what I’ve been reading, any tattoo with GOOD ink will not turn blue or green. It’s just tattoos with cheap ink that do that.

Having a tattoo doesn’t kill hair follicles or stop hair from growing. If some miracle cure did come out and I grew back all my hair (doubt it), I could just grow my hair long again and the tattoo would be covered up.

My hair is thin in areas, but not shiny bald yet. I could probably grow my hair longer than just stuble and the tattoo would blend in, mostly getting rid of the noticeable thin areas. Kind of what that couvre product does.

Even if people could tell it was a tattoo when close up, I don’t think I’d care. It would be better than replacing some wig every so often. Besides, people get tattoos all over their body and that’s often considered “cool”. Why not on the head?

» » What do you plan to do when you find out they lied and the spots change
» » color in a year or two?
» »
» » Call a cop?
»
» From what I’ve been reading, any tattoo with GOOD ink will not turn blue
» or green. It’s just tattoos with cheap ink that do that.
»
» Having a tattoo doesn’t kill hair follicles or stop hair from growing. If
» some miracle cure did come out and I grew back all my hair (doubt it), I
» could just grow my hair long again and the tattoo would be covered up.
»
» My hair is thin in areas, but not shiny bald yet. I could probably grow my
» hair longer than just stuble and the tattoo would blend in, mostly getting
» rid of the noticeable thin areas. Kind of what that couvre product does.
»
» Even if people could tell it was a tattoo when close up, I don’t think I’d
» care. It would be better than replacing some wig every so often. Besides,
» people get tattoos all over their body and that’s often considered “cool”.
» Why not on the head?

And when those sharply delineated little dots bleed their color and turn smudgey?

ahab,

We’re not talking about getting a tattoo from someone who got his first tattoo gun last week. They only tattoo people’s heads so I’m sure the do the best job possible. I could also get it touched up every few years too. I do appreciate your viewpoint though, and will consider the things you say.

Is there any other possible alternatives? Toppik is a hassle to put on everyday. I generally just use it when I don’t wear a hat. Again, I’m not super bald yet, I just have a lot of thin areas and a receding hairline. Not exactly the hair I’d like to seen with when tagged on facebook.

» ahab,
»
» We’re not talking about getting a tattoo from someone who got his first
» tattoo gun last week. They only tattoo people’s heads so I’m sure the do
» the best job possible. I could also get it touched up every few years too.
» I do appreciate your viewpoint though, and will consider the things you
» say.
»
» Is there any other possible alternatives? Toppik is a hassle to put on
» everyday. I generally just use it when I don’t wear a hat. Again, I’m not
» super bald yet, I just have a lot of thin areas and a receding hairline.
» Not exactly the hair I’d like to seen with when tagged on facebook.

p_rry, remind us again why you feel this may be your lasr resort? What’s the reason for not trying meds/treatments and/or a hair transplant?

The tattoo’ing option should be an absolute final resort, but to me it’s not an option at all. Pics are EXTREMELY misleading so if you ever really do consider this tattooing technique a wise move would be to meet a few patients up close and personal first, examine them, and see their before photos as well. A pic of the current status of your hair might help us give you some advise as well.

all i can say is ask to see a few ex-patients in person before committing to it.

also i’d add that the hairline is too ‘stiff’ for some of the patients. Many of the hair line looks like the guy doing the tattoing is following a straight line for reconstructing the hairline. The hairline up front needs a soft feathery look.

this guy looks like he’s wearing a helmet.

Terrible, just terrible. I like the idea of tatts but this is shocking. The guy on top looks like the line edge was drawn on with a magic marker. I don’t know what social scene/work scene he is lucky enough to be part of, but in my neck of the woods that would be a recipe for disaster. Maybe, he has the oersonal/social skills to negotiate this.

But there IS hope for tatts. Why don’t these damn tattoo people employ a bit of shading and graduation in the transistion zone, instead of demarking the hairzone from the hairless zone like the lights on JFK runway number 1??

Most younger African Americans I’ve seen normally have a FULL head of hair and will spend hours clipping the perfect hairline with an extremely thin beard. I think that’s the look these guys are trying to imitate. I am not trying to copy that look.

Please look at some examples. Something like this would be fine for me.

Another thing is I still have a hairline, it’s just THIN in many areas. My hair doesn’t look good if I shave it or grow it out. With some tattooing I think my hair could look fuller when shaved. I’ll look for a pic of me with a shaved head to post.

Hair implants are a bit out of my budget right now. That is another thing I could think about though.

» Most younger African Americans I’ve seen normally have a FULL head of hair
» and will spend hours clipping the perfect hairline with an extremely thin
» beard. I think that’s the look these guys are trying to imitate. I am not
» trying to copy that look.
»
» Please look at some examples. Something like this would be fine for me.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» Another thing is I still have a hairline, it’s just THIN in many areas. My
» hair doesn’t look good if I shave it or grow it out. With some tattooing I
» think my hair could look fuller when shaved. I’ll look for a pic of me with
» a shaved head to post.
»
» Hair implants are a bit out of my budget right now. That is another thing
» I could think about though.

much cheaper than a ht
no worries about scarring or density, or regrowth, etc etc

makes more sense than 99 percent of the postings on the board as far as solutions for hair loss

I agree HanginInThere. Also, tattoos don’t prevent hair from growing. If some treatment did come out that would REGROW my hair, the tattoo would no longer be visible.

Cosmetic Transdermal Hair Replication is what we call it in the US. There is an office in Minnesota that has been doing this for a few years now. If this is located closer check out the website and see there credentials. GoodLookink.com

Hanging, do you know if these inks they are using will fade over time?
Normal tatoos fade over time. I am no expert, so I don’t know if nowadays this problem has been solved.
The results look good to me, because the dots are so sharp. But if the ink fades, it will look quite ugly.

» I agree HanginInThere. Also, tattoos don’t prevent hair from growing. If
» some treatment did come out that would REGROW my hair, the tattoo would no
» longer be visible.

Spanish Dude,

I read on the link that I posted that every three years, you may need a touch up. The ink will NOT turn blue or green though. They use high quality ink which keeps it’s color.

Like I said before, I look at this as a solution for now. If a product that grows a full head of hair comes out, great, it’ll cover the tattoo and everything is cool. So in ten years, I’ll need to get two or three quick touchups. Hopefully by then something will come out.

Jo, thanks for that link. That actually is a state away from my home in America. Much closer than CA and FL like the other places I’ve heard of in the states that do this. If I do get this done I guess it’ll either be in England while I stay in Thailand or MN when I visit home. options options…

» Hanging, do you know if these inks they are using will fade over time?
» Normal tatoos fade over time. I am no expert, so I don’t know if nowadays
» this problem has been solved.
» The results look good to me, because the dots are so sharp. But if the ink
» fades, it will look quite ugly.
»
»
»
» » I agree HanginInThere. Also, tattoos don’t prevent hair from growing.
» If
» » some treatment did come out that would REGROW my hair, the tattoo would
» no
» » longer be visible.

Hi p_rry:
a touch up won’t solve the fading problem.
If a dot fade over time, it will turn into a big-fat-gray-dot. If they tatoo a new dot, the old fat-gray-dot will remain.
am I wrong?

» Spanish Dude,
»
» I read on the link that I posted that every three years, you may need a
» touch up. The ink will NOT turn blue or green though. They use high quality
» ink which keeps it’s color.
»
» Like I said before, I look at this as a solution for now. If a product
» that grows a full head of hair comes out, great, it’ll cover the tattoo and
» everything is cool. So in ten years, I’ll need to get two or three quick
» touchups. Hopefully by then something will come out.
»
» Jo, thanks for that link. That actually is a state away from my home in
» America. Much closer than CA and FL like the other places I’ve heard of in
» the states that do this. If I do get this done I guess it’ll either be in
» England while I stay in Thailand or MN when I visit home. options
» options…
»
»
»
»
»
» » Hanging, do you know if these inks they are using will fade over time?
» » Normal tatoos fade over time. I am no expert, so I don’t know if
» nowadays
» » this problem has been solved.
» » The results look good to me, because the dots are so sharp. But if the
» ink
» » fades, it will look quite ugly.
» »
» »
» »
» » » I agree HanginInThere. Also, tattoos don’t prevent hair from growing.
» » If
» » » some treatment did come out that would REGROW my hair, the tattoo
» would
» » no
» » » longer be visible.

I’ve never had a tatoo before so maybe I’m confusing the terms. I’ll contact them by email to get an exact answer. It’s a good question to know beforehand.

» I’ve never had a tatoo before so maybe I’m confusing the terms. I’ll
» contact them by email to get an exact answer. It’s a good question to know
» beforehand.

Yes, afaik, the tatoo not only loses colour, but also loses sharpness, and spreads around. That is the problem.

Here is the response I got. Spanish Dude, since I’m living in Thailand, would you mind giving them a call (if you live in the states)? I hate using skype with my bad microphone and I’m on a 12 hour time difference. You also know more about tattoos than I do.

Perry,

We would like to thank you for considering working with Good Look Ink. We prefer to answer this question via the phone as its not a straight yes or no. We can say no [fading] if the client takes care of the process.

You can look at our Website and see to date not 1 person has had a bad experience as we have a fantastic rating with the BBB with 0 issues.

What number can one of our consultants contact you at to answer all of your questions.

Julie H
952-376-1778

The funny thing is Julie H is what my sister was able to go by before she got married. Maybe it’s a sign. lol