Facial v/s scalp donor hair

Dear readers,
Following is another picture depicting the difference between the facial and scalp donor hair.

The hair on top and the lowermost rows are untrimmed beard hair extracted by FUSE technique. (The expanding needle concept enables the extraction of the complete hair follicle while at the same time minimising the amount of epidermal tissue being removed).

The middle row is the scalp donor hair of the same patient.

The 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the underchin donor area of the patient immediately pre op and 2 hours after the extractions, respectively.
The patient shall be visiting us shortly for review and I will post the healing of the facial donor area.

Before

2 hours after extraction

» Dear readers,
» Following is another picture depicting the difference between the facial
» and scalp donor hair.
»
» The hair on top and the lowermost rows are untrimmed beard hair extracted
» by FUSE technique. (The expanding needle concept enables the extraction of
» the complete hair follicle while at the same time minimising the amount of
» epidermal tissue being removed).
»
» The middle row is the scalp donor hair of the same patient.
»
» The 2nd and 3rd pictures are of the underchin donor area of the patient
» immediately pre op and 2 hours after the extractions, respectively.
» The patient shall be visiting us shortly for review and I will post the
» healing of the facial donor area.
»
»

»
» Before
»
»
» 2 hours after extraction
» \

I cant see facial hair actually having much luck growing on the scalp, some probably will grow in but i bet the yeild is low.

Excellent post V,

Let me add this picture for comparison with your pictures. Below are scalp grafts taken by FUE SAFE blunt technique.:smiley:

» Excellent post V,
»
I agree !
I’d be very curious to see how the donor area would look after 2 months & a shave.
Also very curious to see how the grafts grew.

JonnyE,you are basing you opinion on your extensive experience of facial hair transplants ? I’d love to see your collection of photos showing the poor yield.

He might be basing his opinion on that other docs have tried using these hairs years ago through strip. 2 docs that come to mind , Hitzig and Beehmer. They were very course and wiry looking. Pics where out there on some other sites but as I said it was back years ago 2000-2001. Anyway one had them removed other did not grow. I wonder why anyone would want this hair on top of there heard until they have seen clear seperate photos of just how the beard hair will look grown out? And now I think one patient from some other doc had a few thousand put in. Oh well to each his own.

» » Excellent post V,
» »
» I agree !
» I’d be very curious to see how the donor area would look after 2 months &
» a shave.
» Also very curious to see how the grafts grew.
»
»
» JonnyE,you are basing you opinion on your extensive experience of facial
» hair transplants ? I’d love to see your collection of photos showing the
» poor yield.

I had some done in December and you can’t tell a thing on my face. All the hair was transplanted into scar tissue and it has definitely grown. I can feel the difference in the the hair because of the texture and all centrally located in the scar (which I can unfortunately still feel a little).

It has helped to change the color of the scar and provides a good disguise. I can tell the difference in the hair, but don’t think anyone else can. I don’t think it presents a problem if you distribute randomly with other scalp and body hair. Just my opinion, but I had about 250 extracted.

In the scar ok. What about the head? This is what I would want to see before I had it done. Anyone else?

» In the scar ok. What about the head? This is what I would want to see
» before I had it done. Anyone else?

Honestly,I think a repair patient with depleted scalp donor hair should be kicked in the nutts for complaining about how facial/BHT looks when transplanted in his scalp.I for one would be ecstatic with any kind of coverage.I don’t care how course the hair looks compared to my scalp hair,I just want the scar gone & a decent cover of hair in my hairline & crown. Repair patients with depleted scalp donor hair have to realise that they are handicapping a doc by their situation & they should be happy with what ever they get in terms of coverage.

»
» Honestly,I think a repair patient with depleted scalp donor hair should be
» kicked in the nutts for complaining about how facial/BHT looks when
» transplanted in his scalp.I for one would be ecstatic with any kind of
» coverage.I don’t care how course the hair looks compared to my scalp
» hair,I just want the scar gone & a decent cover of hair in my hairline &
» crown. Repair patients with depleted scalp donor hair have to realise that
» they are handicapping a doc by their situation & they should be happy with
» what ever they get in terms of coverage.

This mentality is what causes patients to become a repair patient in the first place. The “hair at any cost” mindset is ludicrous, dangerous and expensive. If it makes a patient FEEL better to put facial hair on his head then so be it, but I seriously doubt it will make him LOOK any better.

The risk/reward factor leans too far to the RISK side in my opinion.

»This mentality is what causes patients to become a repair patient in the
» first place. The “hair at any cost” mindset is ludicrous, dangerous and
» expensive. If it makes a patient FEEL better to put facial hair on his
» head then so be it, but I seriously doubt it will make him LOOK any
» better.
»
» The risk/reward factor leans too far to the RISK side in my opinion.

No,doctors who put their bank balances before their patient’s well being is the reason why we become repair patients.
For a butchered patient FHT/ BHT is a better alternative to hiding under a hat or suicide.Unfortunately suicide is the easier route.Doctors practicing assisted suicides are more eager & willing to help you end your life for free then a doctor who is practicing htp is willing to save your life for free. Shameful!

Well said Damon.

» »This mentality is what causes patients to become a repair patient in the
» » first place. The “hair at any cost” mindset is ludicrous, dangerous and
» » expensive. If it makes a patient FEEL better to put facial hair on his
» » head then so be it, but I seriously doubt it will make him LOOK any
» » better.
» »
» » The risk/reward factor leans too far to the RISK side in my opinion.
»
»
» No,doctors who put their bank balances before their patient’s well being
» is the reason why we become repair patients.
» For a butchered patient FHT/ BHT is a better alternative to hiding under a
» hat or suicide.Unfortunately suicide is the easier route.Doctors practicing
» assisted suicides are more eager & willing to help you end your life for
» free then a doctor who is practicing htp is willing to save your life for
» free. Shameful!

Call me cynical, but I don’t see any hair transplant Dr’s saving lives. And the one Dr. that I’ve heard of practicing assisted suicides was incarcerated. Even though his “pateints” were dying slow painful deaths anyway.

If you think putting facial hair on your head will make you feel better, then by all means, go for it. But please don’t try to convince me, or anyone else, that hair transplant Drs, especially those performing experimental procedures, are doing it for altruistic reasons. They perform these procedures because it allows them to perform surgery on a whole new demographic. The desperation of the severely scarred, and hair depleted patient only makes them more susceptible to rationalization of a questionable procedure. These men are permanently disfigured for life, a difficult reality for sure. My heart and best wishes go out to them. But I can’t bring myself to recommend, or even suggest at this point, that facial hair is a reasonable alternative to acceptance.

I do agree that facial hair transplants are a better alternative to suicide. You definatley have a point there. But anyone contemplating suicide needs a psychiatrist, not a hair transplant surgeon.

Why would facial hair be any different than other body hair sources. The same was once said about legs , arms, chest ,back , stomach , armpit etc etc but that is used now and it performs its role well (depending on the persons body hair characteristics ) . As one who has benefited from body hair I believe the facial hair will prove extremely worthy possibly moreso than any other body hair .
The problem as I see it continues to be individuals trying to compare body hair with scalp hair results which should not happen to begin with but it continues. The past several years have helped define body hairs role . The beard hair at least from the graft photographic standpoint appears to offer an even better caliber hair than scalp hair . The next 1 year will begin to show the benefit of beard hair as the recipients begin to show their results .

17,000 Body Hair Grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» I do agree that facial hair transplants are a better alternative to
» suicide. You definatley have a point there. But anyone contemplating
» suicide needs a psychiatrist, not a hair transplant surgeon.

I swear to God I get so sick of hearing this fricken line. If you haven’t been there keep you’re opinions to yourself. You people think a psychiatrist is the end all. He is just a guy to get your pills from dude; most of which he knows nothing about.

» Why would facial hair be any different than other body hair sources. The
» same was once said about legs , arms, chest ,back , stomach , armpit etc
» etc but that is used now and it performs its role well (depending on the
» persons body hair characteristics ) . As one who has benefited from body
» hair I believe the facial hair will prove extremely worthy possibly
» moreso than any other body hair .
» The problem as I see it continues to be individuals trying to compare body
» hair with scalp hair results which should not happen to begin with but it
» continues. The past several years have helped define body hairs role .
» The beard hair at least from the graft photographic standpoint appears to
» offer an even better caliber hair than scalp hair . The next 1 year will
» begin to show the benefit of beard hair as the recipients begin to show
» their results .
»
» 17,000 Body Hair Grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

You state that body hair, from any source, is no comparison to scalp hair. Which, of course, is the point I’m trying to make. Will it cover the skin if enough is transplanted? Yes. Will it look cosmetically beneficial? Better than a $15 hat? Well that’s what I question. In rare cases it might, emphasis on MIGHT. Will facial hair look any different on the head than it does on the face? Most likely not. I’ll just say this and then I’m done.

In my opinion. Acceptance of your circumstance is a reasonable, and likely, preferable, alternative to facial hair transplants.

» » I do agree that facial hair transplants are a better alternative to
» » suicide. You definatley have a point there. But anyone contemplating
» » suicide needs a psychiatrist, not a hair transplant surgeon.
»
» I swear to God I get so sick of hearing this fricken line. If you haven’t
» been there keep you’re opinions to yourself. You people think a
» psychiatrist is the end all. He is just a guy to get your pills from dude;
» most of which he knows nothing about.

What makes you think I haven’t been there? Not that I’ve ever contemplated suicide, because I haven’t. But I know all too well about the nature of transplants. Their limitations, especially the early ones. And I can tell you that reaching for straws(facial hair), is not likely to satisfy your need to look normal again. If my swimming against the tide offends you, well, then I guess your ready for a facial hair transplant. Good luck with that. I hope your results are stellar. Truelly I do.

So many on these forums just speak - and not from experience. Scarred1 I am not referring to you . I have mentioned in the past several times that I went to a psychologist on several occasions about my hair loss issues . This was while I was wearing my hairpiece to cover scarring and simply trying to cope with day to day life. I wasnt going to a psychiatrist because the only true benefit they offer is they can write a prescription and I knew I wasnt going to take antidepressants to see if it would ease my self esteem problems with hair loss. The psychologist listen and provide the ’ accept you for who you are ’ motto . I just didnt like what I saw in the mirror especially after enduring so many scars. Everyone is different and have different personalities. Some accept things -others dont. I’m one that does NOT accept things when I dont like it. And that is why I turned to BHT even in its infancy because it was my only option and worked . Everyone needs someone to listen to when they are having problems and that is what professional help is for. There were many days that I was just tired of living the way I was and didnt care if the next day came or not. But talking to a professional doesnt change the character of a person or desire of wanting to be the best they can be . The professional help is simply learning ways to cope with what you are dealing with and admitting that you have a problem (s) which is a first step to making progress . I always suffered from severe anxiety with my hair loss issues over the many years. Some days were very difficult . The feeling of hopelessness is usually what gets many people from anxiety to the state of depression. I am just thankful I no longer suffer from either of these after my BHT procedures and the reason was an M.D that cared not only about my hair and a good outcome but my personal well=being. For that I am always indebted. I will most definitely try beard hair in the future as my finances allow and my needs require it . I would have no problems with it at all considering its huge potential .

17,000 Body Hair Grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

That’s a great endorsement Heliboy. I admire your persistance with your hairloss issues. I think your results are as good as any I have seen using body hair. I hope you never reach the point of having to use facial hair.
I’ll try not to beat this topic to death, especially since I said I wouldn’t comment further.
I think your pro-active approach (non-acceptance) is a valid course under many, if not most, circumstances. I just don’t believe that facial hair is going to provide enough benefit to justify the risk.

There are many who would give anything, or try anything, in an attempt to bring their life back into balance. And I’m sure my words will do little to assuage them.

(O.K. there…Now I’ve beat this dead horse to death).

» That’s a great endorsement Heliboy. I admire your persistance with your
» hairloss issues. I think your results are as good as any I have seen using
» body hair. I hope you never reach the point of having to use facial hair.
» I’ll try not to beat this topic to death, especially since I said I
» wouldn’t comment further.
» I think your pro-active approach (non-acceptance) is a valid course
» under many, if not most, circumstances. I just don’t believe that facial
» hair is going to provide enough benefit to justify the risk.
»
» There are many who would give anything, or try anything, in an attempt
» to bring their life back into balance. And I’m sure my words will do
» little to assuage them.
»
» (O.K. there…Now I’ve beat this dead horse to death).

hey heliboy, is your scar from prior procedures visible when you shave that 1/8th length?

»Call me cynical, but I don’t see any hair transplant Dr’s saving lives.
» And the one Dr. that I’ve heard of practicing assisted suicides was
» incarcerated. Even though his “pateints” were dying slow painful deaths
» anyway.
»
» If you think putting facial hair on your head will make you feel better,
» then by all means, go for it. But please don’t try to convince me, or
» anyone else, that hair transplant Drs, especially those performing
» experimental procedures, are doing it for altruistic reasons. They perform
» these procedures because it allows them to perform surgery on a whole new
» demographic. The desperation of the severely scarred, and hair depleted
» patient only makes them more susceptible to rationalization of a
» questionable procedure. These men are permanently disfigured for life, a
» difficult reality for sure. My heart and best wishes go out to them. But I
» can’t bring myself to recommend, or even suggest at this point, that facial
» hair is a reasonable alternative to acceptance.
»
» I do agree that facial hair transplants are a better alternative to
» suicide. You definatley have a point there. But anyone contemplating
» suicide needs a psychiatrist, not a hair transplant surgeon.

You don’t understand what I am saying.I mocked them for not helping repair patients with no money.However,many repair patients with deep pockets have had their lives restored by BHT,that is a fact !

Dr Kevorkian was incarcerated because he pushed the start button on his death machine for a patient rather then his patient pushing it himself. Kevorkian was foolish enough to record this action,an action that was seen as murder.The patient’s family begged to come to the court to testify in Kevorkian’s favour but the judge refused.
Assisted Suicide is legal in Dutch countries & there are several groups in Scottland & the UK practicing such acts.All willing to put their careers at risk to end a suffering patients life.All this does is prove just how selfish & greedy the HTP industry is given that not even one doc has devoted his clinic to repairing those who are suffering from scarring.Some docs are willing to risk their careers to end suffering whilst others wouldn’t give you the time of the day unless your pockets are full.