Dr. Woods - Diamond6, 1000 grafts beard hair transplant, 10 days

Dr. Woods’ patient. Daniel (aka Diamond6). Beard hair transplant, 1st 10 days post op. This patient is from the U.S.

This patient had approximately 17 previous operations which included scalp reductions, flaps and strip excision.

He only has very sparse body hair which will be required to repair his frontal hairline. This meant there was no alternative other than beard hair to repair the massive scars on the back of his head which he otherwise had to disguise with a hair piece.

Beard hair can be very coarse, feel ‘sharp or prickly’ and look unnatural on the frontal scalp region but can be used to repair donor scars.

Please note that the after shots were taken by the patient which is why they are darker. The pics hvae not been retouched in any way. Patient is from the U.S, he will also be sending Dr. Woods more progress photos over the next few weeks and will return for more surgery on the frontal hairline in October.

Surgery Performed by Dr Ray Woods, Inventor and Pioneer of FUE & BHT.
For more patient results, go to www.thewoodstechnique.com

BEFORE - BACK

BEFORE - LEFT

BEFORE - LEFT

BEFORE - RIGHT

BEFORE - RIGHT

BACK - 10 DAYS POST OP

LEFT - 10 DAYS POST OP

RIGHT - 10 DAYS POST OP

BACK - BEFORE AND 10 DAYS POST OP

LEFT - BEFORE AND 10 DAYS POST OP

RIGHT - BEFORE AND 10 DAYS POST OP

Surgery Performed by Dr Ray Woods, Inventor and Pioneer of FUE & BHT.
For more patient results, go to www.thewoodstechnique.com

INTRODUCTION from Diamond6, copied from an earlier post.
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=11496

"I Just returned from Sydney, Australia and had two Corrective surgeries with Dr. Woods. I first want to say that Dr. Woods is a truly genuine human being and a very honest Doctor. He tells you the truth right upfront with no BS. Something doctors in the states should have been doing for years. There are also no legal disclaimers, giving the doctors tremendous power in the legal sense. Also some posters have said his prices are high, NOT TRUE: I paid more in 1989 to Dr Brandy per session than I am paying now-2007! I have had 4 other surgeons operate on me and they all disfigured me. My history goes back to 1986 thru 1993. I had 4 sessions of punch grafts and 5 micro/minis-(Plugs) 4 scalp reductions( a bad joke!) and the brandy hairlift. All of these surgeries left me with a severely scarred scalp. When I went to Dr Woods, I thought nothing could be done but I was wrong. I had 1000 beard hairs inserted into my left side/right side and some in the back of my head. There is no donor hair left from my scalp thanks to the previous butchers! Yes beard hair is coarser but In my case there was no other choice. In fact if someone could tell me how to download the photos I will do so because noone could tell that my beard was touched. I will be going back in october for the frontal area to be done with Body hair- which is softer and more appropriate for this area. The crown will be done with a combo and one scar near the nape area with beard hair also. Dr Woods is a caring individual whom I beleive that many other surgeons have a professional jealousy of. He is the one who invented BHR and FUE’s so I can understand why other surgeons feel insecure. He truly cares about his patients as he understands their needs. I am looking forward to my next procedures. Good Luck to everyone out there and if I were you take a trip to sydney and see him or sign the medical release forms and best of luck! "

Is this the same guy who posted as Diamond?

That is one of the most disturbing transplant pictures that I have ever seen! Were his doctors actual doctors or descendants of Dr. Frankenstein?

» Is this the same guy who posted as Diamond?

Yes, he is Diamond6, his introduction post can be seen at
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=11496

I just changed his name back to Diamond6 to avoid confusion, plus I added his introduction to the first post as well.

The pictures of hair transplants you normally see posted, represent less then 1% of the patients. This is the real world of hair transplants.

It doesn’t make sense, he doesn’t even know if it grows and is planning to go back next month already?

» The pictures of hair transplants you normally see posted, represent less
» then 1% of the patients. This is the real world of hair transplants.

Say what? With all due respect, this is one of the worst transplant cases I have ever seen. This is an example of someone who should have never ventured into the world of hair transplants. The “surgeons” who originally did the procedures on this guy, given his advanced NW scale and prognosis for further loss, should have their licenses revoked. It is a shame that he is now so full of scars and cannot just “shave it and forget it”. If 99% of people received results like this, the HT industry would have gone out of business a long time ago, but the reality is that it is a booming business.

Zayden, if Dr. Woods can treat this guy, he should be able to help you too? Have you spoken to Dr. Woods?

Pix from Zayden’s thread,

» If Dr. Woods can treat this guy, he should be able to treat Zayden too?
» Zayden has you spoken to Dr. Woods?
»
» Pix from
» Zayden’s
» thread
»

wow those picture are rough, this guy should be suing every doc that did this to him.

Let me rephrase that for you. The pictures used to sell hair transplants, represent less the 1% of the patients that have the surgery. Most of the work out there looks like shit.

» » The pictures of hair transplants you normally see posted, represent
» less
» » then 1% of the patients. This is the real world of hair
» transplants.

»
» Say what? With all due respect, this is one of the worst transplant cases
» I have ever seen. This is an example of someone who should have never
» ventured into the world of hair transplants. The “surgeons” who originally
» did the procedures on this guy, given his advanced NW scale and prognosis
» for further loss, should have their licenses revoked. It is a shame that
» he is now so full of scars and cannot just “shave it and forget it”. If
» 99% of people received results like this, the HT industry would have gone
» out of business a long time ago, but the reality is that it is a booming
» business.

one’s heart goes out to men who have been talked into scalp reductions and flaps…they are horrible.

» wow those picture are rough, this guy should be suing every doc that did
» this to him.

I called several lawyers after I was butchered nearly thirty years ago.

None of them was interested in handling my case.

One lawyer told me juries aren’t sympathetic to people who have hair transplants done.

And from the way one lawyer was talking, I could see he assumed I just wanted my money back!

BTW, I don’t think I’m quite as bad as this guy–but I can’t tell because I never buzzed what’s left of my hair, so the damage to my scalp isn’t that easily seen.

After I saw a news expose on Thomas/Elliott, it was only then did I find out that the janitor was the one placing my grafts. I looked into suing, but the lawyer told I would have to bear the expense of expert witnesses along with the cost of the suit, with no guarantee of winning. The janitor’s only experience was he did a little taxidermy in the past.

The HT business is strictly a money game.

» » wow those picture are rough, this guy should be suing every doc that did
» » this to him.
»
» I called several lawyers after I was butchered nearly thirty years ago.
»
» None of them was interested in handling my case.
»
» One lawyer told me juries aren’t sympathetic to people who have hair
» transplants done.
»
» And from the way one lawyer was talking, I could see he assumed I just
» wanted my money back!
»
» BTW, I don’t think I’m quite as bad as this guy–but I can’t tell because
» I never buzzed what’s left of my hair, so the damage to my scalp isn’t
» that easily seen.

» After I saw a news expose on Thomas/Elliott, it was only then did I find
» out that the janitor was the one placing my grafts. I looked into suing,
» but the lawyer told I would have to bear the expense of expert witnesses
» along with the cost of the suit, with no guarantee of winning.

Doctors go into HT because it’s easy money and hard to get sued.

There was one surgeon who botched some surgeries, and the AMA told him you can’t do any more operations except for HTs (implication is HT’s not dangerous so let’s give him a way to still make a living off his MD).

How many beard hairs can a person spare on average?

» How many beard hairs can a person spare on average?

This is mostly for repair patients. If I recall, you have never had anything done before. You will be better off using head donor.

Because the HT industry is completely unregulated, you can commit cosmetic murder and get away with it…

Depending upon the disclaimer, Patients who have been seriously harmed are often afraid they can be sued by their doctor for telling the truth on the net.

But if the disclaimer is handed to you to sign before you have been given reasonable time to assess the implications of the document, LEGAL SOURCES TELL ME THAT IT IS NOT VALID.

But mounting a legal case is expensive , public, time consuming and to some victims, embarrasing.

BTW, I just saw a post about the feller ronjon fiasco, TITLED, “SCARED OF WOODS…” .

About 2 years ago I presented conclusive evidence and photos showing the lies and deception these two buddies got up to.

I might add that ronjon once asked if he could do promotional work for me . I declined, but he ominously stated " I could be very good for you…or…".

I could gather the evidence, hire laywers fly to NYC and sue . But they know that it is simply not practical for me to do so.

But in this industry, who your enemies are is the most revealing

And judging the calibre of those who attack and lie about me , such as feller etc , I am flattered.

Dr Ray Woods

Dear Dr. Woods,
I am glad you decided to embrace facial hair as a donor resource in suitable patients.
I wish you and your patient the very best.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Dear Dr. Woods,
» I am glad you decided to embrace facial hair as a donor resource in
» suitable patients.
» I wish you and your patient the very best.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

I had no problem extracting beard hair since 1999. But I did not utilise it due to

1. potential facial scarring
  2. looking and feeling unnatural
  3. I always found an alternatie

Chest , abdomen, back, arms, wrists are good choices in that order.

Legs are highly variable and prone to extremely high transection rates. And apart from specific patients with good donor in specific and limited areas, it’s a flimsy result and a waste of time for many.

Harvesting from the “sweat zones” , i.e. armpit and pubic areas is , in my opinion, medically negligent .

And that leaves the facial/neck hair .
It is the last chance for many who need a good result.

But I do not embrace it.

I approach it with extreme caution and respect.

What I care about is , if things go wrong, what is the worst possible outcome and is it worth the risk.

That decision is taken slowly , carefully and with full cognisance of all the facts, positive outcomes and side effects

Dr Ray Woods

Dr Woods,
I think your post makes a lot of sense (as it usually does).

I do not have any real faith in BHT at present but clearly you believe in it up to a point.

What I would like to know is WHY you think leg hair is so inferior? What is it about leg hair (which is actually the best body hair I have) which means it doesn’t work well?

Thanks.