Dr Umar patient - Six month update

The “after” shot was taken in very bright light, which always accentuates any ‘thinness’. The grafts are growing so strongly, it’s longer than the existing hair on my head!
Since the transplant, I’ve buzzed my hair once a fortnight to a No.1 cut, however I decided to let it grow out a bit to see how it looks. What you’re seeing is my hair after roughly one month only of not cutting it.

What is your crown like?

» What is your crown like?

My crown is thin behind the area where I had the tranplant, so I’ll probably pop back later this year for another procedure to thicken that area up.

Congrats, it makes a big difference having your face framed.

» Congrats, it makes a big difference having your face framed.

Thanks, hair911.
Amazing what it does for your confidence.

H f H

Hooray,
Hey thanks for keeping us updated and taking the pics in natural sunlight. I think that gives a truer representation of actual density. I really like your 2nd picture where your head is angled since it shows the density immediately behind the hairline. I hope you continue to take pictures like your 6 month ones. Do you know what density your hairline was placed at? Was it densely packed and is it eventually supposed to look like your original density before there was hairloss?

I am following your case closely and am looking forward to your 8, 10 and 12 month photos. Cheers.

that’s an improvement no doubt but I still think strip results tend to give better density. If you look at Muscleboy and Ninjaxan’s pics, they both had about 3000-4000 grafts and their results are amazing.

» that’s an improvement no doubt but I still think strip results tend to give
» better density. If you look at Muscleboy and Ninjaxan’s pics, they both
» had about 3000-4000 grafts and their results are amazing.

And they are pictures, and I guarantee you pictures can be deceiving especially when it comes to results of hair transplants. Mark my word they can. Are their photos in bright light? At the same angle as before and after? Up close? Wet shots?

» Hooray,
» Hey thanks for keeping us updated and taking the pics in natural
» sunlight. I think that gives a truer representation of actual density. I
» really like your 2nd picture where your head is angled since it shows the
» density immediately behind the hairline. I hope you continue to take
» pictures like your 6 month ones. Do you know what density your hairline
» was placed at? Was it densely packed and is it eventually supposed to look
» like your original density before there was hairloss?
»
» I am following your case closely and am looking forward to your 8, 10 and
» 12 month photos. Cheers.

Thanks Feanor.
No, the hairs weren’t as densely packed as my original hair. I have (had) very densely packed fine hair and I’m not sure if transplanted hairs CAN be packed like that, can they?
But after the surgery it was definitely a bit denser than now. I lost a few in the shedding phase and most but not all have grown back yet. Hopefully I still have a bit of growth left. Even up to 12 months I’ve heard that I can have new hairs sprout out. Is this true?

» that’s an improvement no doubt but I still think strip results tend to give
» better density. If you look at Muscleboy and Ninjaxan’s pics, they both
» had about 3000-4000 grafts and their results are amazing.

Reiner, just out of curiosity, in what way does the extraction procedure affect the actual ‘packing’ of the hairs? (Genuine question; not being cynical. Honestly didn’t think there was a difference?)
I always thought that whether the hairs were taken off in one big strip, or removed singularly, a la FUE, the replacement of the grafts into your scalp was the same procedure? ie dependent on the doctors tools and skills etc

How does a strip procedure give you a denser hairline packing?

Thanks.

H f H

» » that’s an improvement no doubt but I still think strip results tend to
» give
» » better density. If you look at Muscleboy and Ninjaxan’s pics, they
» both
» » had about 3000-4000 grafts and their results are amazing.
»
» Reiner, just out of curiosity, in what way does the extraction procedure
» affect the actual ‘packing’ of the hairs? (Genuine question; not being
» cynical. Honestly didn’t think there was a difference?)
» I always thought that whether the hairs were taken off in one big strip,
» or removed singularly, a la FUE, the replacement of the grafts into your
» scalp was the same procedure? ie dependent on the doctors tools and skills
» etc
»
» How does a strip procedure give you a denser hairline packing?
»
» Thanks.
»
» H f H
thats whats great bout fue you can go back for more if you like, its virtually scarless and if you prefer you can add density with out ever having to worry bout the scar stretching, and now he may choose to add some beard hair behind which would make a great filler to achieve greater density, and less you have to shave off your face

» thats whats great bout fue you can go back for more if you like, its
» virtually scarless and if you prefer you can add density with out ever
» having to worry bout the scar stretching, and now he may choose to add
» some beard hair behind which would make a great filler to achieve greater
» density, and less you have to shave off your face

Hey, great point.
Don’t know why, though, but the thought of having facial hair plucked out is scarier than head hair!
I should definitely consider it though.
Save the donor hair for a ‘ten year top up’ perhaps?
:stuck_out_tongue:

» » thats whats great bout fue you can go back for more if you like, its
» » virtually scarless and if you prefer you can add density with out ever
» » having to worry bout the scar stretching, and now he may choose to add
» » some beard hair behind which would make a great filler to achieve
» greater
» » density, and less you have to shave off your face
»
» Hey, great point.
» Don’t know why, though, but the thought of having facial hair plucked out
» is scarier than head hair!
» I should definitely consider it though.
» Save the donor hair for a ‘ten year top up’ perhaps?
» :stuck_out_tongue:
i just did it dr umar fired 2 hundred beard hairs into my scar, toot sweet, just got back from cali, love that area and the people are very nice, only cost me 50 cents to get back to the airport, no 8 torrance bus, and then the free shuttle, i am very grateful dr umar was able to do this for me, he is the epitome of what a doctor should be, and his evergrowing patient base is reflective of his kindness and hard work,

Congrats, and welcome to the DR UMAR FAN CLUB, scarred5.
Great guy, isn’t he?

H f H

Looks good for 6 months,you should have more growth and thickening in the next 6 months.

Hooray,

We have sparred in the past however I must say, I like the result of the all scalp procedure. Nice.

Scarredup, Congrats… lets keep our fingers crossed on the beard hair. Beard hair has the best chance IMO.

» Hooray,
»
» We have sparred in the past however I must say, I like the result of the
» all scalp procedure. Nice.
»
» Scarredup, Congrats… lets keep our fingers crossed on the beard hair.
» Beard hair has the best chance IMO.

Thanks Fuzzo and Hairtech.
Much appreciated.

H f H

Thanks for posting your experience and pictures. It does a lot to help out others. And your website is awesome! Great job on that!

I think shorter hair is a great look on you - much younger. Usually, you can expect to see more hairs growing in from month 6 to month 8. From month 8 to the one year mark, you might see a few new hairs, but mostly the hairs that have already sprouted will be maturing. Looks pretty good so far. I also look forward to your picture updates. :slight_smile:

» Thanks for posting your experience and pictures. It does a lot to help out
» others. And your website is awesome! Great job on that!
»
» I think shorter hair is a great look on you - much younger. Usually, you
» can expect to see more hairs growing in from month 6 to month 8. From
» month 8 to the one year mark, you might see a few new hairs, but mostly
» the hairs that have already sprouted will be maturing. Looks pretty good
» so far. I also look forward to your picture updates. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for the compliments.
I’m hoping that longer hair with a “hairline” will suit me as well, but if it doesn’t, at least I know I can fall back on the shaved look.
A person who knows that I’ve had the transplant done said to me recently “what’s the point in having a transplant if you’re gonna shave your head all the time?”.
People who aren’t going bald just don’t get it, do they?
They don’t understand about how a hairline, even a stubble-only one, frames your face and makes you look younger!?

All the best

H f H

» Thank you very much for the compliments.
» I’m hoping that longer hair with a “hairline” will suit me as well, but if
» it doesn’t, at least I know I can fall back on the shaved look.
» A person who knows that I’ve had the transplant done said to me recently
» “what’s the point in having a transplant if you’re gonna shave your head
» all the time?”.
» People who aren’t going bald just don’t get it, do they?
» They don’t understand about how a hairline, even a stubble-only one,
» frames your face and makes you look younger!?
»
» All the best
»
» H f H

Exactly. How could they understand if they have never encountered it? Ignorance is bliss, as they say. The hairline and the temple points make a dramatic change to the overall appearance just by framing the face. Our eyes register these things and our brains make first impressions automatically. It is only when we begin to analyze the art of nature that we discover the impact of these details.

Well, now you’ve got me curious. You’re just going to have to grow your hair out longer with your new hairline and post pictures of that look as well. :slight_smile: Congrats to you again!