Dr Umar patient-"FLASH" Impossible repair?

The foregoing are excerpts from the 3 sessions undergone by “Flash” that should put in perspective how the 20,000 grafts were used and the yield.

Studying the before photos would indicate that Flash has not enough scalp hair to contemplate a repair of this magnitude, which is the reason he was referred by another HT physician of note. The foregoing pre and intra-op pictures would also indicate the extent of the area that needed to be covered. It is also noteworthy that almost all the areas covered is scarred from tissue expansion, scalp reduction, pitted pluggy recipient area from prior HT, strip and Z-plasty scarring in the donor areas:

Stage I (~5000 Grafts BHT) Redistributed grafts were insignificant in this surgery. The major role for the removal of plugs is not as a significant source of grafts but rather to soften the frontal scalp and reduce plugginess.

It also serves to reduce the number pits on the scalp.

In stage I only the frontal scalp was done, the temples were scarcely touched. The result of the entire surgery is also shown. The grafts were derived from the body. No beard hair was used.

Area Treated in Stage I

Donor sources for Stage I

Soon after stage I ~5000 grafts

The result of stage I 5000 grafts and plugs removal:

Stage II (~6000 Grafts BHT) again a few hundred scalp hair were used and are not significant in the context of total graft count. Almost all the grafts were derived from the body. No beard hair was used. The temples, parietal area, the frontal and mid scalp, the hairline, and the crown (partially), and the strip scars were touched. The result from this procedure is shown:

Soon after stage II:

Results after Stage II

Stage III (>8000 grafts): Areas covered included, The parietal areas, the entire NW6 area including the frontal scalp, mid scalp, and crown, strip scars, and Z- plasty scar as well as the hairline and temples which were expanded further:

Extent of work done in stage III

Results at 6 months after stage III

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

Viewed in context:

Stage I (~5000 Grafts BHT) Redistributed grafts were insignificant
in this surgery. The major role for the removal of plugs is not as a
significant source of grafts but rather to soften the frontal scalp and reduce plugginess.

It also serves to reduce the number pits on the scalp.

In stage I only the frontal scalp was done, the temples were scarcely touched. The result of the entire surgery is also shown. The grafts were
derived from the body. No beard hair was used.

Area Treated in Stage I

Donor sources for Stage I

Soon after stage I ~5000 grafts

The result of stage I 5000 grafts and plugs removal:

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com