Dr Umar patient-"FLASH" Impossible repair?

» Definately an improvement. But from the pics of his chest and abdomen it
» looks like most hairs were harvested from these areas. Any chance of a
» breakdown of exact numbers?

Just out of curiosity, “Duck”, why is the “But” needed?
You make it sound like a negative?

I would just like to see beard hair stand alone. So potential patients can see what they will possibly get. Seen enough chest hair to know what the potential is.

» I would just like to see beard hair stand alone. So potential patients can
» see what they will possibly get. Seen enough chest hair to know what the
» potential is.

Duck are you suspecting beard hair does not work as wel as chest hair? I am considering using beard hair for my strip scar. The jury is still out, I would like to see more doctors using beard hair alone and see what kind of growth we get. So far it seems very promising.

Is this thread about the work of Dr. Ray Woods? Question answered.

Yes scars maybe. Not enough I’ve seen to put up top. What is the problem of being cautious until more is seen?

“» Is this thread about the work of Dr. Ray Woods?” Nope. It is about let"s see some grown out beard hair only.

» “» Is this thread about the work of Dr. Ray Woods?” Nope. It is about let"s
» see some grown out beard hair only (even in strip scars).

Duck, you are obsessed with Woods while bashing others (competition). Truth is that you will not find a single doc that advocates using beard hair only. Now that is out of the way, if you are not able to easily discern the beard hair then isn’t that the whole point? The only beard hair examples you will see is in the strip scars and both Dr Umar and Dr Arvind have shown examples of that. Even there, I know that they think it best to still mix with other body and scalp (if available) hair.

What Dr Umar and Dr Arvind are advocating is the judicial use of beard hair amongst a mixture of scalp and body hair. It can be an added benefit if it is a match in texture and color. It won’t be a fit for everyone because it doesn’t match.

However, in Flash’s case, is there really any alternative? How about we celebrate what has taken place here instead of sniping? It is really petty at this point.

I will say this again. Definately has a nice. Result. What is so bad to want cosumers to see what they are getting?? You will see if you look around that Dr. Wolf, Cole, and other docs that have been practicing ht’s Fue a long time disagree with using beard hair on top. Has nothing to do with Woods. I like to see everyone get repaired one day just do not like jumping in without substancial eviedence.

And yes the evidence we have seen from the ht docs you mentioned appears to be a good option for scars so far.

» Yes scars maybe. Not enough I’ve seen to put up top. What is the problem of
» being cautious until more is seen?

Flash does have scars on top. Yes it’s good to be cautious that’s why I want to see more doctors experimenting with beard hair.

very nice improvement!

the patient must be pleased :slight_smile:

s

Duck
Good thing for Flash that he didn’t look at the advice of Dr Wolf, Cole and other docs’ you mentioned- otherwise his head would still be in the same shape as before. Ever think maybe they are behind the learning curve with their concepts . I doubt you would see these doc’s jumping forth with a solution to help Flash’s problem either. The things I see on this forum sometimes is an absolute joke.

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» Duck
» Good thing for Flash that he didn’t look at the advice of Dr Wolf, Cole
» and other docs’ you mentioned- otherwise his head would still be in the
» same shape as before. Ever think maybe they are behind the learning curve
» with their concepts . I doubt you would see these doc’s jumping forth
» with a solution to help Flash’s problem either. The things I see on this
» forum sometimes is an absolute joke.
»
»
»
»
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

Yeah Huh? His chest hair seems to be growing and mixes in well.

» Duck
» Good thing for Flash that he didn’t look at the advice of Dr Wolf, Cole
» and other docs’ you mentioned- otherwise his head would still be in the
» same shape as before. Ever think maybe they are behind the learning curve
» with their concepts . I doubt you would see these doc’s jumping forth
» with a solution to help Flash’s problem either. The things I see on this
» forum sometimes is an absolute joke.
»
»
»
»
»
» 19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

Yeah that’s a great improvement for Flash but let’s also put this in perspective, out of the 20,000 grafts, it looks like just 5-6000 grafts actually grew. That’s hardly a success story for bht, if anything, it just goes to show that bht is hit or miss. This is less than 50% yield, I don’t know why people are so cheery about.

We are “cheery” about the fact that body hair has saved this guy.

No matter what the survival rate of body hair, this guy looks 10000% better now with the addition of body hair.

Body hair is not scalp hair and has a different survival rate… we know that.

» We are “cheery” about the fact that body hair has saved this guy.
»
» No matter what the survival rate of body hair, this guy looks 10000%
» better now with the addition of body hair.
»
» Body hair is not scalp hair and has a different survival rate… we know
» that.

I think that readyfreddy has a good point though. It does emphasise, at least the clear need for large numbers of BHT and that is not just because of callibre but also becuse of survival. Imagine what 3000 BHT would look like. I am sure ready is also pleased for this guy but he makes an important point in my view.

The overall yeild in Flash’s surgeries has been excellent by any standard. 20,000 grafts most of which is body derived is not much considering the size of the area that was worked on which is as follwos:

1. A NW 6 equivalent area with scant coverage from poor yielding plugs.

2. X 2 frontal scalp sized area corresponding to the two parietal areas and temples. A major part (about half) of the entire right and left sides of the head had to be reconstituted from the scratch. This took more hair than would be needed to reconstitute just the “temples”.

3. Scars from W-plasty and strip surgeries. Put together, this is equivalent to the size of an average frontal scalp.

Areas #1 and 3 are fibrosed and scarred.

Flash’s life has finally taken a radical turn for the better after years of social incapacitation. For every patient that graces our doors, the mission is to impart the best result possible. The best possible hair resource would be used to the patients benefit. In patients like “pharoboy” who desire no use of head hair at all, the effect of BHT on a slick bald surface has been demonstrated clearly. However, such demonstrations should never be the mission of any practice, rather the interest of the patient should trump all considerations. That was the course taken in the case of Flash much to his utmost satisfaction.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

Everyone agrees that it looks much better. IMO it looks tons better… No doubt that the guy was transformed by whatever means…

So what bothers me the most is that why is not there is not an acknowledgment by any physician upon presenting these case that:

1. Scalp hair has 1 to 6 hairs per graft.
  2. A plug may have 2 to 10 follicular units so upon distribution your getting many follicular units from this.
  3. A BHT is typically a 1 haired graft. So as a filler you need tons of BHT’s… as in this case.

Again by whatever means the case transformed the guy to a better look.

Nice growth.
buzz a little to see which hairlength suits u, gel a little, dermatch a little and ur done.lol.

The gentleman must be very happy.