Dr. Sara Armani result - Zones 1, 2 and 4

LOL, aren’t the patients themselves taking the “after photos” and sending them in themselves a majority of the time?

i’m sure if this was a “scam” they would be able to come up with a better one than just having one or two photos a little brighter than the other.

it takes less than 3 minutes to save the darker photo and lighten it yourself in photoshop or microsoft paint.

that’s a pretty piss poor scam if i were to believe your theory.

some people are going to bash armani no matter how good or bad the results are.

“why wasn’t the guy smiling in the second photo!!! scam!!! it’s his twin brother!!”

please. if anything i’d be more irritated by the wet before pics vs dry after pics. photos being a little darker in a case where the dude’s entire hairline has apparently been rebuilt? not so much. if you need to see every graft that’s grown in his head then go see him in person.

Anyone can see that it is a great result, thumbs up for Sara Armani !

Redman77,

Having the Before lighter and the AFTER darker can be like adding a couple of thousands more grafts. Its the oldest trick in the book! Its amazing that its the AFTER pictures that ALWAYS happens to be be the darker pictures. Coincidence? NEVER!!!

By the way, AS YOU STATED ABOVE, I expect you to be so irritated by this Armani BEFORE (WET) picture (just a few posts away) that I know you will let Armani know about your irritation! Right? :wink:

Go here: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-51206.html

» Look how bright and overexposed the before pictures are and how dim and
» underexposed the after pictures are. I have no faith in a clinic that can’t
» honestly represent the outcome of their procedure and instead resorts to
» photography tricks and fraud in order to lure in unsuspecting patients.
»
» Hey, this is not the only clinic scamming unsuspecting victims. Defrauding
» desperate and unsuspecting balding victims is the industry standard.
» Seriously, I don’t say this because I’m against HT. I would like to have a
» HT. But I see so much deception and fraud in this industry that I’m scared
» to death of letting these charletons take surgical instruments to my head.
»
» I seriously think this kind of a fraud does diservice to the clinics that
» promote it. They would be better off in the long run being forthright and
» honest and running a clean business model.
»
» In the future, if I select a clinic and get a HT, it will be because I
» feel the clinic is one of the few honest and forthright clinics out there.
» If it happens, I’ll fully document the procedure here without the aid of
» fraud and trick photography.
»
» Some people are going to be ticked off that I posted the above. However,
» I’m ticked off that I can’t come here and get a realistic expectation of
» what to expect for forking out tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to
» improve my hair. As a prospective patient, I’m outraged!

Caution is the mother of the porcelain box, is a idiom we say in Germany. Regarding this, I can understand your doubt. The same to me, as I started in 2004 with my investigation. It is normal to believe not in everything somebody is telling you. But in this case, you are on the wrong way. I can tell you the same. The flash light equipment of the photographer in Toronto is much better than my camera. I always documented my procedure and send the photos to Armani clinic. My pictures are always a little darker than the Armani “before pictures”. That does not mean any intensions of fraud or scam.
My results are as good as the results from the guy in the thread.
You can expect such good results as seen here. I can only support the opinion of the other folks and congratulate Dr. Sara Armani for the great job and the guy for the wonderful new hair.
I would not fly 3times 4000 miles from Munich to Toronto, if I would not be absolutely convinced of this clinic.
Sorry, that I have to contradict you. If there is some doubt left, please tell me.

Amazing results! This year is going to be a golden year for FUE as we are getting to see all these latest generation HTs come to maturity now. We have alot to be thankful for for living in an age where hairloss can be treated so well.

Excellent results i’m amazed by the before and after photos. Nice coverage thick and the donor area looks nice and thick as well.

» Redman77,
»
» Having the Before lighter and the AFTER darker can be like adding a couple
» of thousands more grafts. Its the oldest trick in the book! Its amazing
» that its the AFTER pictures that ALWAYS happens to be be the darker
» pictures. Coincidence? NEVER!!!

that’s probably because the patients are not catching flights to fly all the way back to toronto just to take another photo. like all clinics, the AFTER photo is taken by the patient most of the time. if their camera skills suck or their camera suck then yes it will be darker, or blurry, or whatever.

the only coincidence is that there’s more Armani haters than any other clinic. :wink:

thats the only thing i’m irritated about if anything. show me a REAL scam, not complaining about a picture being a little darker when it’s obvious the guys hairline has been rebuilt, and i’ll be the first to support your claim. with the thousands of users on this site that visit this section on a daily basis, there’s a reason it’s not a ton of people agreeing that this is a “scam”

To claim that this is a scam because of lighting differences is beyond belief!!
This is one of the best results I have seen - clearly you can see the patient has had his hairline totally restored & his hair no longer appears thin.
Regardless of whether the photo is slightly darker its clearly an outstanding result.

» LOL, aren’t the patients themselves taking the “after photos” and sending
» them in themselves a majority of the time?

Sure guy who posted the photos is a former patient and posts most of the before/after Armani photos shown at this website. Then again, he also makes his living attracting new customers through the Armani clinic doors. Has it occured to you that this represents a conflict of interest? If he were to post photos in a manner that does not best represent the company he works for, he would most likely get fired.

I’ve spent a lot of time around photography (mostly making films). The lighting makes way more difference than you expect. I can post pictures of my own head without surgery and cause you to believe I got a few thousand grafts.

Moreso, this BS about posting a before picture with a wet head is 100% fraudulent. My advice is to ban any clinic that partakes in this obvious fraud. Even a retard can see by this that the clinics intention is to cause you to believe your result will be better than they are actually capable of delivering.

There are some good clinics out there. I’m not saying to stay away from them all. But when a clinic charges $25K/day for a single physician’s services and misrepresents the before/after photos in order to draw you in, you would be extremely stupid to not ask for at least 100 before/after cases and view at least 5 patients in person. This advice is for your own good.

» To claim that this is a scam because of lighting differences is beyond
» belief!!
» This is one of the best results I have seen - clearly you can see the
» patient has had his hairline totally restored & his hair no longer appears
» thin.
» Regardless of whether the photo is slightly darker its clearly an
» outstanding result.

I have a bunch of real estate I want to sell you. Please call me immediately.

IMHO, you are the kind of sucker most cons are targeting. Nobody is saying the HT is not an good job. The fact is that the photos are misrepresented to make a good HT appear to be better than it actually is. Go get a camera and spend a few thousand hours developing your photos, and you will understand where I’m coming from. If you still can’t understand what I’m saying contemplate this:

Why do these supposedly unbiased clinics show before photos with wet heads and after photos with dry heads? Why is it NEVER the other way around. I mean, come on, it’s OK to be a little naive, but ignoring the things I’m pointing out is beyond being naive. It’s being flat out uneducated in professional photography techniques.

How about this, the next time you get out of the shower, look at your head under bright light. Then blowdry your hair and dim the lights a bit and look at your hair. The difference will amaze you! It’s like getting a free 10,000 grafts. At Armani prices, that’s like $100,000.00 for free! Jam 5k grafts into the hairline, and dim the lights on the back of the head, and you’re cured.

» Sorry, that I have to contradict you. If there is some doubt left, please
» tell me.

Personally, I think the BHR clinic does better work for a fraction of the cost and is a much more ethical clinic. We all have our own opinions though, and yes, some of BHR clinic’s photos leave a lot to be desired, as do most of these clinics. Their prices, techniques, and results go a long way to show they are in it for much more than the buck though. And unlike Armani, they offer a range of services and don’t allow the dollar bill to become their primary motivation for performing the surgery.

Look, the Armanis are top surgeons. Nobody disputes that. But their marketing techniques (and some of their surgical techniques) are extremely questionable and raise many ethical concerns.

James Bond what in the world are you talking about? There are thousands of cosmetic surgeons who market world wide via all ways possible be it online, tv, billboards, etc etc.

You’re raising irrelivant unsubstancial and ridiculous accusations at a clinic that has surpassed any clinic in both superb results AND number of results to date.

What is it to you what surgeon charges what for whar surgery and their marketing? What in the world does that have to do with morals or ethics? I havent ever seen you complain on the previous boards where clinics were caught posting OTHER clinic’s patients results as if they were their own. THAT’S unethical, fraud, and immoral. But if you really cared you would have made a comment :slight_smile:

Are you the type of guy to shop at the flea market and curse macy’s for the price difference? Do you drive a corolla and damn every mercedez that drives by? I’m in no means trying to insult you here, sorry if it sounds like it. I’m just trying to get my point across so that you understand.

I would pay any amount of dollar as would anyone else to get the best of the best. The old addage was always there and always will be there; “you get what you paid for”. And most of the time the best businesses have the best and most expensive marketing skills.

If you have issue with their “marketing techniques” then learn to deal with them on your own personal time. Don’t indirectly plant negative thoughts in the readers had that are absolutely untrue.

Lets get back to the main point of the thread which were the results of this gentleman’s hair transplant. Your personal issues should not hijack this thread and take it into another direction. Please start a new thread with your issues and respect the focal point of this one.

I sympathize with your outrage and I agree that some clinics out there do use a bit of trick photography to improve the standard of their results, but I think it is overly presumptuous to base your entire opinion of a clinic on two photographs. I’d like to clarify a few things about the pics your commenting about. First of all, the before picture was in all likely hood taken the day of the procedure. The after pics were most certainly taken by the patient in the comfort of his own home. This means that lighting quality of the before picture will always be brighter because thats how doctors clinics HAVE to be!!! Second since the after picture was taken by the patient it was probably taken with a lower quality camera in his home. NOBODY has flourecent lights in their home. LETS BE SERIOUS.

I am a former patient of Dr. Armani and I can assure you that he provides the best care possible ensuring the best possible results. I think it is dangerous to balding public to offer your opinion of a topic, that of which is coming from a person WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE PROCEDURE!!!

If you’d like to critic my results, be my guest.

http://myarmanistory.blogspot.com/

Educate yourself and then offer your opinion…

» Look how bright and overexposed the before pictures are and how dim and
» underexposed the after pictures are. I have no faith in a clinic that can’t
» honestly represent the outcome of their procedure and instead resorts to
» photography tricks and fraud in order to lure in unsuspecting patients.
»
» Hey, this is not the only clinic scamming unsuspecting victims. Defrauding
» desperate and unsuspecting balding victims is the industry standard.
» Seriously, I don’t say this because I’m against HT. I would like to have a
» HT. But I see so much deception and fraud in this industry that I’m scared
» to death of letting these charletons take surgical instruments to my head.
»
» I seriously think this kind of a fraud does diservice to the clinics that
» promote it. They would be better off in the long run being forthright and
» honest and running a clean business model.
»
» In the future, if I select a clinic and get a HT, it will be because I
» feel the clinic is one of the few honest and forthright clinics out there.
» If it happens, I’ll fully document the procedure here without the aid of
» fraud and trick photography.
»
» Some people are going to be ticked off that I posted the above. However,
» I’m ticked off that I can’t come here and get a realistic expectation of
» what to expect for forking out tens of thousands of dollars in an effort to
» improve my hair. As a prospective patient, I’m outraged!

» » LOL, aren’t the patients themselves taking the “after photos” and
» sending
» » them in themselves a majority of the time?
»
» Sure guy who posted the photos is a former patient and posts most of the
» before/after Armani photos shown at this website. Then again, he also makes
» his living attracting new customers through the Armani clinic doors. Has it
» occured to you that this represents a conflict of interest? If he were to
» post photos in a manner that does not best represent the company he works
» for, he would most likely get fired.

i totally get what you’re saying, but IN THIS CASE a few pixels dimmer or lighter is a bad example of painting Pats and Armani as the Antichrist.

you don’t even need glasses or contacts to see this is a great improvement:

» I’ve spent a lot of time around photography (mostly making films). The
» lighting makes way more difference than you expect. I can post pictures of
» my own head without surgery and cause you to believe I got a few thousand
» grafts.

i work on films as well as a matter of fact i’ve spent all last week interviewing gaffers for my next project and have been trained in lighting myself. i’ve lit tons of people for film, television, interviews, whatever and the main reason people are lit is because natural lighting does not show you everything and often times leaves people underlit - which is how it is in real life. nobody’s walking around with 1500 watt lighting kits pointed down on there head for the world to see. of course it’d be great to have that posted on this site of all before and after photos but the average guy doesnt have that and most times takes crappy photos, for all we know this guy could’ve taken the photos with his camera phone and not thought twice about it…next thing you know people are calling Pats, Armani and the whole organization a SCAM, lmao!!! i mean seriously, no we can’t see every single graft that’s grown in from the after photo, but it’s not like the after photos were taken in a dark alley at midnight.

» Moreso, this BS about posting a before picture with a wet head is 100%
» fraudulent. My advice is to ban any clinic that partakes in this obvious
» fraud. Even a retard can see by this that the clinics intention is to cause
» you to believe your result will be better than they are actually capable of
» delivering.

NOW THIS I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!!! if i had to say scam on anything it would be this especially for clinics that constantly do this time and time again. this is no innocent mistake whether they want to admit it or not.

I somewhat agree.

However, the reason I’m so ticked about the lighting is because of the wet photos that have been flying around and then were (thank goodness) stopped by the moderater of this site. After witnessing this, I could not hold my breath about how 100% of the time the before photos are much brighter than the after photos. When you put this together with this being done by the same companies who were posting the wet before photos with dry after photos, you have to suspect that whomever works for the clinics and posts the photos is involved in cherry-picking shots for the sake of misrepresenting the work. This might not even be completely purposeful but it is certainly occurring.

I have many photos of myself, and in some of them, I appear to have quite a bit of hairloss. In other photos, I appear to have very little hairloss. I could easily cherry pick a set of photos to fool you into believing I have no hairloss what-so-ever. Yet, I’m a NW3+.

Since you are involved in professional photography, you know as well as I do that you can add a lot of dimension to hair with light and color changes. Whether the differences are purposeful or not, it would require less than 5 minutes per photo set for these clinics to match the color and light prior to posting the photos. You can get a relatively inexpensive application like Vegas or you can do it with freeware. Some of these clinics are charging upwards of $25,000.00 per day for their services. I do not believe they have any excuse why these before/after photos are not matched in light and color. In fact, the “complete set of” non-cherry picked original untouched photos should be posted along with a color and light matched set. This will help prevent doing a little extra work once the photos get into the editor.

I’m not claiming that Armani is not one of the best placement surgeons in the world. I’m claiming that the before/after photos are misrepresentative of the actual work performed. This has been an ongoing issue with HT clinics since the beginning of the field. With the plethora of cheap modern photography equipment available this day, there is no reason why this fault should continue. If anything, send each patient home with a cheap standardized white balance card and have them include it somwhere in the photo. As a professional photographer, I’m surprised you’re against this idea.

“If you have issue with their “marketing techniques” then learn to deal with them on your own personal time. Don’t indirectly plant negative thoughts in the readers had that are absolutely untrue.”

It’s amazing how defensive brainwashed people get when their gurus’ methods are questioned.

Are you telling me a clinic that charges $25,000.00 per day can’t send each patient home with a 50 cent white-balance card so their after photos will match the clinic’s before photos?

IMHO, this clinic is in the game for one reason, and that is too make money. Ramming 5K grafts into the first 1/2 of a 22-year-old’s hairline, who is completely psychologically devasted by the fear of turning into a cue-ball and being embarrassed everytime he goes out in public, is not good surgery in my opinion. In fact, this industry was around well before Armani was born, and hairline packing has always represented a highly questionable practice and been deemed by most practitioners to be unethical. There is nothing about being 22-years-old in 2009 and freaked out about becoming a future horseshoe-head that’s changed this long-standing fact.

The majority of these young patients are paying for these procedures via credit (read money they don’t have to spend), and yes, I do have a problem with the excessive fees, the lack of legitimate before/after pictures, and the emphasis on treating young patients whose extent and pattern of future baldness is still up in the air. Do you think I just came around and made this stuff up? The ethics involved in this kind of practice has been questioned since the beginning of HT. There is nothing new under the sun, despite what the marketing has convinced you to believe. So you don’t care if these young people are so psychologically devasted they will mortgage their soles for the rest of their lives to get a 1/2 inch strip of their hairline restored? I’d call that a personal problem you really need to work on.

As far as not attacking on other websites, I don’t read those other websites and rarely read this one (this one is by far and away the best hair-related site on the planet). If you can’t handle the truth, then don’t read my posts. Stick to only reading posts from “yes-men” and “me-too guys.”

The game of HT clinics preying on the vulnerability of young patients is long and ongoing. If you don’t want to admit it, that’s your problem. However, don’t expect me to keep hush about it just so you never have to be inconvenienced with having to question your beliefs.

Don’t you think I realize my opinions are very unpopular and subject to attack and ridicule? I don’t say the things I say for fun. I say them because I believe someone has to represent the other side of a very one-sided coin.

And finally, you have to admit, those wet before photos with the dry after photos were a stroke of genius. I really have to give credit where credit is due on that one. These guys are not stupid operators. It’s a good thing myself and a few other realists are here to keep them in line. If Armani and other such clinics don’t like what I have to say, then they should address my concerns.

» I somewhat agree.
»
» However, the reason I’m so ticked about the lighting is because of the wet
» photos that have been flying around and then were (thank goodness) stopped
» by the moderater of this site. After witnessing this, I could not hold my
» breath about how 100% of the time the before photos are much brighter than
» the after photos. When you put this together with this being done by the
» same companies who were posting the wet before photos with dry after
» photos, you have to suspect that whomever works for the clinics and posts
» the photos is involved in cherry-picking shots for the sake of
» misrepresenting the work. This might not even be completely purposeful but
» it is certainly occurring.
»
» I have many photos of myself, and in some of them, I appear to have quite
» a bit of hairloss. In other photos, I appear to have very little hairloss.
» I could easily cherry pick a set of photos to fool you into believing I
» have no hairloss what-so-ever. Yet, I’m a NW3+.
»
» Since you are involved in professional photography, you know as well as I
» do that you can add a lot of dimension to hair with light and color
» changes. Whether the differences are purposeful or not, it would require
» less than 5 minutes per photo set for these clinics to match the color and
» light prior to posting the photos. You can get a relatively inexpensive
» application like Vegas or you can do it with freeware. Some of these
» clinics are charging upwards of $25,000.00 per day for their services. I do
» not believe they have any excuse why these before/after photos are not
» matched in light and color. In fact, the “complete set of” non-cherry
» picked original untouched photos should be posted along with a color and
» light matched set. This will help prevent doing a little extra work once
» the photos get into the editor.
»
» I’m not claiming that Armani is not one of the best placement surgeons in
» the world. I’m claiming that the before/after photos are misrepresentative
» of the actual work performed. This has been an ongoing issue with HT
» clinics since the beginning of the field. With the plethora of cheap modern
» photography equipment available this day, there is no reason why this fault
» should continue. If anything, send each patient home with a cheap
» standardized white balance card and have them include it somwhere in the
» photo. As a professional photographer, I’m surprised you’re against this
» idea.

no i’m not against that idea (maybe writing up a brief one page thing on how to properly take a photo with natural or same lighting conditions and the clinics give that out to the patients) i just highly doubt a majority of the people taking the pics and sending them in will remember to follow those instructions. a majority of the time it’s 3, 5, 7 months later and all they’re focused on is if they have any more hair growth and possibly what people’s response will be.

i think cherry picking will happen regardless, even if you have 10 good photos, you’ll pick out the best of that set. especially if it’s a company trying to drum up business. some of your favorite examples of HT growth from your clinic of choice could be a result of cherry picking for all you know. now it becomes an ethical thing if you have 10 photos, and 7 of them are jacked up or shows bad growth and you post the ones that clearly make it seem as if they’re a NW1 when they may have a ton of hair missing in the donor or in the crown.

look, i’ve been on this site since 2000 (as i know u have too) and havent gotten an HT because i’d rather stabilize my hairloss first and i’ve seen some freaking SCAMS posted in this HT section (guess i cant name specific doctor names since this reply would be deleted) where some people have really really been duped and are still suffering the consequences. dudes literally coming on the board talking suicidal from depression, having their appearance look worse off than before they had the HT because of misinformation from the clinic or shady marketing tactics. SCAMS have also been in the topical section and HM section. i guess when i interpret “SCAM” i think of those situations.

again, i totally get what you’re saying, i just think in this example with slightly dimmer lighting due to the patient that sent it in is not really making or breaking the patient’s end results.

» “If you have issue with their “marketing techniques” then learn to deal
» with them on your own personal time. Don’t indirectly plant negative
» thoughts in the readers had that are absolutely untrue.”
»
» It’s amazing how defensive brainwashed people get when their gurus’
» methods are questioned.
»
» Are you telling me a clinic that charges $25,000.00 per day can’t send
» each patient home with a 50 cent white-balance card so their after photos
» will match the clinic’s before photos?
»
» IMHO, this clinic is in the game for one reason, and that is too make
» money. Ramming 5K grafts into the first 1/2 of a 22-year-old’s hairline,
» who is completely psychologically devasted by the fear of turning into a
» cue-ball and being embarrassed everytime he goes out in public, is not good
» surgery in my opinion. In fact, this industry was around well before Armani
» was born, and hairline packing has always represented a highly questionable
» practice and been deemed by most practitioners to be unethical. There is
» nothing about being 22-years-old in 2009 and freaked out about becoming a
» future horseshoe-head that’s changed this long-standing fact.
»
» The majority of these young patients are paying for these procedures via
» credit (read money they don’t have to spend), and yes, I do have a problem
» with the excessive fees, the lack of legitimate before/after pictures, and
» the emphasis on treating young patients whose extent and pattern of future
» baldness is still up in the air. Do you think I just came around and made
» this stuff up? The ethics involved in this kind of practice has been
» questioned since the beginning of HT. There is nothing new under the sun,
» despite what the marketing has convinced you to believe. So you don’t care
» if these young people are so psychologically devasted they will mortgage
» their soles for the rest of their lives to get a 1/2 inch strip of their
» hairline restored? I’d call that a personal problem you really need to work
» on.
»
» As far as not attacking on other websites, I don’t read those other
» websites and rarely read this one (this one is by far and away the best
» hair-related site on the planet). If you can’t handle the truth, then don’t
» read my posts. Stick to only reading posts from “yes-men” and “me-too
» guys.”
»
» The game of HT clinics preying on the vulnerability of young patients is
» long and ongoing. If you don’t want to admit it, that’s your problem.
» However, don’t expect me to keep hush about it just so you never have to be
» inconvenienced with having to question your beliefs.
»
» Don’t you think I realize my opinions are very unpopular and subject to
» attack and ridicule? I don’t say the things I say for fun. I say them
» because I believe someone has to represent the other side of a very
» one-sided coin.
»
» And finally, you have to admit, those wet before photos with the dry after
» photos were a stroke of genius. I really have to give credit where credit
» is due on that one. These guys are not stupid operators. It’s a good thing
» myself and a few other realists are here to keep them in line. If Armani
» and other such clinics don’t like what I have to say, then they should
» address my concerns.

As I read your comments, I would say that you also have a problem with yourself and the bad world outside. You should use a psychological forum and not the hairsite forum to post about the problems of people, the commercializing in the world and so on.
I think, that forum is also used from people over 30ty and with enough self-confidence and intelligence, that dont need your consideration.

Ernst

It’s a good thing
» myself and a few other realists are here to keep them in line. If Armani
» and other such clinics don’t like what I have to say, then they should
» address my concerns.

I honestly don’t think you have the brains (no offense cause neither do I), the power, nor the connections to keep ANYONE in line. If you think you’re changing the world, you need to think again.

Don’t flip things around by saying I’m a “yes man”; go through all my 400 something posts and then you tell me if theres a specific clinic I’m “yessing” for or a specific clinic I’m “no’ing” for. I tend call like I see it…even in my response to posts like yours.

But for anyone to read your last post in reply to mine, it’s very apparent that the best thing for you to do is give lessons to new patients on Financing. It seems you have an issue with how the “22” year olds are spending their money, where they’re getting it from (your assumptions again) and where it’s going. Has absolutely ZERO to do with hairtransplant results. Maybe you should join an “Economics & Finances” forum instead of a hairloss forum. I know of a few good ones if you need to know :slight_smile:

» Ernst

If you don’t like my posts, teach yourself not to read them. There are lots of opinions in this world. If you’re not mature enough to handle those that are in disagreement with your own, you’re going to live a very dissapointing life.

BTW, if what I say is not truthful, why don’t the Armani’s come forth and defend their practices? The answer to that question is more than obvious.

So until they clean up their ethics, I’ll continue to state my opinion.