Dr. Nigam if the Indian govt passes laws against stem cell activity

What can you do then?

Let’s say that in 4 - 6 months you have figured out a way to produce a lot of regrowth by doing various cell treatments but if your government bans these treatments then what can you do? Won’t that stop you from performing these treatments on people?

It would be a shame if you found a way to solve the hairloss problem but could not offer the treatment.

Perhaps you could set up a clinic to do the treatments in some location where laws would never be passed prohibiting it. You yourself would have to relocate to that location. You could not trust someone else to do these complicated techniques. But that would be outlandish to move your clinic to some totally different location.

Wouldn’t that terminate the entire Dr. Nigam initiative?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]
Wouldn’t that terminate the entire Dr. Nigam initiative?[/quote]

In India, pretty much. An alternative could be to set up a clinic in a country where clinical use of stem/progenitor cells is not regulated. There are still many countries where this is true.

I can’t speak for Dr. Nigam and he has to make his own decisions, but he wouldn’t have to uproot himself and move his whole practice outside of India, to be involved in a clinic effort somewhere else.

Africa is a big continent :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I knew this question was coming.

I have the copy of the act,which would be passed with or without amendments.

I will have to start my clinical trials as medical process,
not as a drug to be marketed like histogen or follica.

Regulations will be more relaxed for the autologous stemcell research and therapy(without claims) as a medical process, which ,is not marketed as a drug … but as a process under guidance and monitoring of registered medical practitioners.

There could be a possibilty that the law ,may allow and or accept similar clinical trials conducted elsewhere in the world,specially animal testing and or phase 1/2 clinical trial reports,especially if the new company has a joint venture in the clinical trials.

Hair doubling procedures will not have much effect after the new law is passed, as this require only minimal manipulation of stemcells/dp cells, on the same day of extraction.

In many medical processes,the human tissue and or stemcell,growth factors ,are even presently isolated and manipulated on same day…for example…platelet rich plasma used in intensive care unit patients ,supplied by blood banks,autologous fat transfers etc.

What can you do then?

Let’s say that in 4 - 6 months you have figured out a way to produce a lot of regrowth by doing various cell treatments but if your government bans these treatments then what can you do? Won’t that stop you from performing these treatments on people?

It would be a shame if you found a way to solve the hairloss problem but could not offer the treatment.

Perhaps you could set up a clinic to do the treatments in some location where laws would never be passed prohibiting it. You yourself would have to relocate to that location. You could not trust someone else to do these complicated techniques. But that would be outlandish to move your clinic to some totally different location.[/quote]

Get as much research done as you can before this legislation kicks in.

Can’t you lobby to have your views taken into account in the bill before its passed?

Dr. Nigam here is my 5 point plan:

• I don’t know the political system in India but if it’s similar to America then you should be able to lobby your government to exclude your research from the bill. You said that with repeat follow-up treatments you are having greater success so show them if you are getting close to a cure. And then tell them about your 3d spheroids and mircrofollicles and tell them that you perhaps are at the threshold of something very very big - a potential cure for hair loss. Tell them that if you can do this then that could result in large numbers of balding people coming to India to get the treatment which would mean a lot of tourist business for the country. Tell them that baldness is very bothersome to a lot of people dealing with baldness and it would raise India’s stature in the scientific community if you were allowed to proceed and if you, and Indian citizen, ended up credited with a breakthrough cure for baldness.

• You said to us that repeat cellular treatments are improving the results so show them pictures to prove to them that repeat treatments are improving the results. Use the pictures to prove that you are at the edge of a major breakthrough which will bring prestige and lots of tourist dollars to India.

• If they won’t listen then please consider setting up a clinic in some country that will not interfere with your ability to provide repeat cell treatments.

• And please get as much testing done as you can as quickly as you can so that you can find out the best way to use cell treatments.

• And lastly, please show us before and after pics which show that repeat treatments are better than one treatment appt.

Speaking of hair doubling, Dr Nigam, you don’t seem to post much about that anymore. In the beginning you undertook to prove that you can, in fact, successfully double hair. That was initially what got everyone excited about you, if I recall correctly. Hair doubling is something I am very interested in, since I would like to replenish my donor area. Whatever happened to your attempts to demonstrate the effectiveness of your technique? If it could be shown that you can successfully double hair, I would set up an appointment immediately.

Dr Cole claims to get 50% - 75% donor regeneration with Acell alone. You, I believe, claim to consistently get near 100%. Do you have solid proof yet?

I agree there also has been no follow up on the 15 graft patch test.

[quote]Hair doubling procedures will not have much effect after the new law is passed, as this require only minimal manipulation of stemcells/dp cells, on the same day of extraction.

[postedby]Originally Posted by RickH[/postedby]

Speaking of hair doubling, Dr Nigam, you don’t seem to post much about that anymore. In the beginning you undertook to prove that you can, in fact, successfully double hair. That was initially what got everyone excited about you, if I recall correctly. Hair doubling is something I am very interested in, since I would like to replenish my donor area. Whatever happened to your attempts to demonstrate the effectiveness of your technique? If it could be shown that you can successfully double hair, I would set up an appointment immediately.

Dr Cole claims to get 50% - 75% donor regeneration with Acell alone. You, I believe, claim to consistently get near 100%. Do you have solid proof yet?[/quote]

this post is gold :smiley: I had a great laugh :slight_smile:

you people really dont seem to understand how intensive lobby work is. The voice of a single hair research clinic will have absolutely NO impact on the legislative decisions.

Also don’t you think that the suggestion of setting up a lab abroad is asking a bit much? :slight_smile:

The only valid point seems to be for Dr Nigam to get as much research done as possible and hopefully scientifically document the results. Hopefully then he might be able to obtain an exemption from the law if he can convince legislation that his research holds great promise.

• I don’t know the political system in India but if it’s similar to America then you should be able to lobby your government to exclude your research from the bill. You said that with repeat follow-up treatments you are having greater success so show them if you are getting close to a cure. And then tell them about your 3d spheroids and mircrofollicles and tell them that you perhaps are at the threshold of something very very big - a potential cure for hair loss. Tell them that if you can do this then that could result in large numbers of balding people coming to India to get the treatment which would mean a lot of tourist business for the country. Tell them that baldness is very bothersome to a lot of people dealing with baldness and it would raise India’s stature in the scientific community if you were allowed to proceed and if you, and Indian citizen, ended up credited with a breakthrough cure for baldness.

• You said to us that repeat cellular treatments are improving the results so show them pictures to prove to them that repeat treatments are improving the results. Use the pictures to prove that you are at the edge of a major breakthrough which will bring prestige and lots of tourist dollars to India.

• If they won’t listen then please consider setting up a clinic in some country that will not interfere with your ability to provide repeat cell treatments.

• And please get as much testing done as you can as quickly as you can so that you can find out the best way to use cell treatments.

• And lastly, please show us before and after pics which show that repeat treatments are better than one treatment appt.[/quote]

1. Dr. Nigam has already said a short time ago that he was considering opening a clinic elsewhere outside of India. I think that since he’s already considering doing that he should focus on opening the other clinic in a country where he would likely be allowed to do the cell treatments for a long time.

2. He could do what you recommend (which is a good idea) but he could also try to lobby like someone else and I have recommended. He should try all of these strategies if he is really seeing increased benefit with repeat treatments. Because if he’s seeing increased benefit with repeat treatments that means he may have a breakthrough cure that would give us all enough hair back to satsify us so he should find a way to get it to the people who are struggling with hair loss. I recommend all of the strategies I have suggested plus the strategy that you have suggested. If repeat cell treatments in combo with the new techniques he’s trying, such as 3d spheroids and microfollicles, are proving to be a breakthrough he should try any strategy necessary to these new treatments to the patients who are desperately seeking a breakthrough.

[quote]this post is gold :smiley: I had a great laugh :slight_smile:

you people really dont seem to understand how intensive lobby work is. The voice of a single hair research clinic will have absolutely NO impact on the legislative decisions.

Also don’t you think that the suggestion of setting up a lab abroad is asking a bit much? :slight_smile:

The only valid point seems to be for Dr Nigam to get as much research done as possible and hopefully scientifically document the results. Hopefully then he might be able to obtain an exemption from the law if he can convince legislation that his research holds great promise.

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

• And lastly, please show us before and after pics which show that repeat treatments are better than one treatment appt.

[postedby]Originally Posted by hairman2[/postedby][/quote]

Also don’t you think that the suggestion of setting up a lab abroad is asking a bit much? :)[/quote]

Hairman, I agree with you that a lobbying effort by Dr. Nigam is completely unrealistic. It is a ridiculous idea, in fact, for one doctor to lobby a government in a country with 1 billion people. Lobbying in a country the size of India requires really big money. That’s never going to work, and even if Dr. Nigam were able to round up a coalition of some like-minded doctors who are using stem cells for different treatments, it wouldn’t work because there’s no time. The bill is already before the Indian parliament.

As far as the idea of setting up a new clinic in another country, though, I disagree with you. If the demand is there, and we know it is, then someone’s going to do it. Dr. Nigam may not be able to do it single-handedly unless he has big connections in another country, but a group of doctors and entrepreneurs, perhaps including Dr. Nigam as well as local doctors in whatever country, could definitely do it.

Dr. Nigam is claiming at this point that using the cutting edge cell technologies (Stem cell/progenitor cells/3d spheroids,and soon microfollicles) with repeat treatments he is improving the results. I think we should wait for these pics. He may have the cell treatments effective enough by the time he gets done with repeat injections, the different cell types, 3d spheroids and microfollicles, to satisfy you. Why would you want to have your follicles moved about all over your head if you can do this via cell treatments? Cell treatments have a better chance of getting your hair to look like it did before hair loss started.

Roger_that, I agree that it’s not real likely that dr. Nigam could effect the outcome of the legislation before the Indian parliament but he should still try. We should never assume the worse. Yes, it is late in the game and that’s all the more reason he should start trying to lobby them now.

If that doesn’t work there is always the possibility of applying for an exemption after the law is passed like Hairman suggested and there’s also the possibility of opening up a clinic in some country where the laws would not interfere with hair loss cell treatments.

These are 3 possibilities and I think he should engage in all 3. If Dr. Nigam is really making regrowth progress the treatment needs to be available somepalce that’s safe that we can travel to.

I would love to see Nigam come to Mexico. I mentioned it to him in the past. Mexico has very lax regulations on stem cells and it’s so close to the US. The east coast of the US could get to cancun in a few hours and a lab in cabo, which is just 2 hours from LA. He could make a ton of money servicing american clients. Open a lab in Mexico!

Firstly, it would have to be a personal decision for Dr Nigam to make if he chose to set up shop in another country. I don’t think that is something one can realistically ask from him.

Secondly, it is very unlikely that Dr Nigam would be allowed to practice medicine in any country other than India. Most countries require foreign Doctors to pass some sort of board exam. Then there are a whole range of other problems including financing, finding the right staff, not speaking the countries language (just imagine dealing with all the technical paperwork in another language).

Setting up a lab in another country would certainly be a huge endeavor which itself would take years to complete. Apart from the time you would need to invest, you also need the appropriate financing for it.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Hairman, I agree with you that a lobbying effort by Dr. Nigam is completely unrealistic. It is a ridiculous idea, in fact, for one doctor to lobby a government in a country with 1 billion people. Lobbying in a country the size of India requires really big money. That’s never going to work, and even if Dr. Nigam were able to round up a coalition of some like-minded doctors who are using stem cells for different treatments, it wouldn’t work because there’s no time. The bill is already before the Indian parliament.

As far as the idea of setting up a new clinic in another country, though, I disagree with you. If the demand is there, and we know it is, then someone’s going to do it. Dr. Nigam may not be able to do it single-handedly unless he has big connections in another country, but a group of doctors and entrepreneurs, perhaps including Dr. Nigam as well as local doctors in whatever country, could definitely do it.[/quote]

The best way is to partner with local doctors in the host country. The work would be carried out under their medical licensure. Share the technology with them, train them, and in return obtain an interest and directorship in the clinic, to ensure quality control and supervision rights. No new clinic would have to be built, an existing facility could be used.

And if Dr. Nigam really can demonstrate that repeat treatments are more effective than a single treatment date then he would not have any trouble getting a doctor in a different country to do exactly what you’ve said. This is why I’m asking Dr. Nigam to please show us his photos demonstrating that repeat treatments are more effective than a single injection date.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
The best way is to partner with local doctors in the host country. The work would be carried out under their medical licensure. Share the technology with them, train them, and in return obtain an interest and directorship in the clinic, to ensure quality control and supervision rights. No new clinic would have to be built, an existing facility could be used.[/quote]

He could easily partner or license the science to other dr.'s…there is a group out of miami that has offices in cancun that is doing similar cell therapy and they offer much more services in mexico. They already have a state of the art lab and medical clinic in mexico, he could work directly with them. I have presented and tried introducing both parties, it would work out well for both sides and bring the science to the western world where there is a ton of money and potential clients to work on and evolve the science.

One concern is that the price could change. Dr’s in Cancun like to charge an arm and a leg for things.

Ultimately it would be best if Dr. Nigam could conduct his cell treatments in India so hopefully he will find a way to do so but if he can’t and he has to partner with someone in Cancun or somewhere else I hope he can find a way to keep the costs the same because if it went any higher it would be price beyond my ability to get it done. It’s about $5,000 already and remember there will be repeat treatments so you are probably looking at $15,000 to $20,000 for the treatments if you have 3 or 4 treatments.