Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Dr. Nigam - 60,000 New Hair Follicles


#1

We all remember the photos.

several photos were on nigams site (when he first turned up over a year ago)

the photos showed transformations with the captions ranging from “30,0000 to 60,000 new hairs in 3 months”

So, it’s been said that the web developer did this, and nigam didn’t know because he is “loose” in his management style (where do you draw the line between loose and sh*tty?)

Anyway,

do we have any posts of Nigam pushing the above mentioned photos?

I want to say he posted them himself on the forums as evidence of his technique, but I can’t find the posts. Anybody else have any luck?

If he didn’t post them himself on forums, at the very least, we know he defended them for a long time, until they were proven photoshops by forum analysis…then came the web developer.

The way I see it. He lied. Pretty obviously. I wish I could find the posts.


#2

needhairasap, would you categorize it as a “loose” or “sh!tty” management style that Dr. Nigam allows posters to use his lab? Would you call it a “loose” or “sh!tty” management style that Dr. Nigam’s takes our requests into consideration?

You see, there is no way that Jahoda, Cots, Christiano, or Gerd would let you use their labs or take anything you say seriously. Of course you would badmouth them for not taking posters ideas seriously and that’s just the way you are. If one doc does something you don’t like then you will criticize him for that and if a different doc does the opposite then you criticize him for that. Most of the people here are going to complain no matter what docs do because that’s just how peanut galleries are.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]
We all remember the photos.

several photos were on nigams site (when he first turned up over a year ago)

the photos showed transformations with the captions ranging from “30,0000 to 60,000 new hairs in 3 months”

So, it’s been said that the web developer did this, and nigam didn’t know because he is “loose” in his management style (where do you draw the line between loose and sh*tty?)

Anyway,

do we have any posts of Nigam pushing the above mentioned photos?

I want to say he posted them himself on the forums as evidence of his technique, but I can’t find the posts. Anybody else have any luck?

If he didn’t post them himself on forums, at the very least, we know he defended them for a long time, until they were proven photoshops by forum analysis…then came the web developer.

The way I see it. He lied. Pretty obviously. I wish I could find the posts.[/quote]


#3

I don’t know what Dr. Nigam meant by “60,000 new hairs” but he may have been using the word “new” loosely. He may have meant that there were 60,000 transplanted hairs (counting several hairs per FU), not that he was bragging about creating 60,000 brand new hairs that never existed anywhere before (in other words, follicular neogenesis). If there was some HM done on the patient, he may have emphasized the HM part and “conveniently omitted” the fact that there was also a lot of HT work performed.

I admit that some marketing tactics used by Dr. Nigam in the past definitely appear to be questionable and based on hype. HOWEVER, you are forgetting the fact that those kinds of tactics are actually the NORM in the entire medical community in India.

In fact, deceptive marketing among HT surgeons is actually the NORM in the United States, except that US hair transplant doctors just hide it much better. They use very slick, sophisticated tactics to blatantly and willfully LIE to patients, on a massive scale, but there is little general uproar because: (1) it’s become expected that some degree of exaggeration or falsification is common in the HT industry; and (2) these doctors have just become very clever and adept about concealing their misrepresenations.

Look, almost any doctor anywhere who is in a position to attract a lot of patients and perform a lot of lucrative medical procedures is part humanitarian and part greedy SOB, in my book, until proven otherwise. The incentives are all in place and these people are all human beings. I don’t recall any of them being granted sainthood. It’s the nature of the beast; it comes with the territory.

That doesn’t mean they’re all evil people who destroy people’s lives, and it doesn’t mean I don’t want to deal with any of them, especially those who might also be able to offer me something good.

It’s “caveat emptor” for ALL these docs, not just Dr. Nigam.


#4

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
That doesn’t mean they’re all evil people who destroy people’s lives, and it doesn’t mean I don’t want to deal with any of them, especially those who might also be able to offer me something good.[/quote]

The problem is when certain doctors resort to such tactics, it becomes more difficult to distinguish those that actually can offer something good.


#5

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
I don’t know what Dr. Nigam meant by “60,000 new hairs” but he may have been using the word “new” loosely. He may have meant that there were 60,000 transplanted hairs (counting several hairs per FU), not that he was bragging about creating 60,000 brand new hairs that never existed anywhere before (in other words, follicular neogenesis). If there was some HM done on the patient, he may have emphasized the HM part and “conveniently omitted” the fact that there was also a lot of HT work performed.

I admit that some marketing tactics used by Dr. Nigam in the past definitely appear to be questionable and based on hype. HOWEVER, you are forgetting the fact that those kinds of tactics are actually the NORM in the entire medical community in India.

In fact, deceptive marketing among HT surgeons is actually the NORM in the United States, except that US hair transplant doctors just hide it much better. They use very slick, sophisticated tactics to blatantly and willfully LIE to patients, on a massive scale, but there is little general uproar because: (1) it’s become expected that some degree of exaggeration or falsification is common in the HT industry; and (2) these doctors have just become very clever and adept about concealing their misrepresenations.

Look, almost any doctor anywhere who is in a position to attract a lot of patients and perform a lot of lucrative medical procedures is part humanitarian and part greedy SOB, in my book, until proven otherwise. The incentives are all in place and these people are all human beings. I don’t recall any of them being granted sainthood. It’s the nature of the beast; it comes with the territory.

That doesn’t mean they’re all evil people who destroy people’s lives, and it doesn’t mean I don’t want to deal with any of them, especially those who might also be able to offer me something good.

It’s “caveat emptor” for ALL these docs, not just Dr. Nigam.[/quote]

While I of course agree that a lof of doctors in India use photoshopped photo’s (just look at dr Anjali shere’s website for example, Nigam’s former manager: http://www.dranjalishere.com/images/img%2016.jpg ) it can’t be used as an excuse. I find it worrying that you’re defending this behaviour. Look at what happened to Wesley. Of course there’s still a chance his hair will grow in the next 2 months but it doesn’t look good at all. Keep in mind that a lot of young desperate baldies come to these forums and when they read posts like yours, it might help them take the step to go to India. Of course it’s always their own decision but please do realize that posters like yourself do contribute to that effect and therefore in my opinion you’re partly to blame too if somebody like Wesley now killed his last few hairs in his donor by going to India.


#6

by the way: does anybody know how nigam got his hair back? i guess some forum members saw him in person when they visited his clinic. is it really his hair? does anybody think he uses some kind of hairpiece? i would love to know that he really recovered his own hair somehow. i often wondered how self-confident he is when he posts and promises a cure for all of us and had the following thought then: maybe he was giving himself stemcell injections so often (maybe once a month) that it really led to some success. maybe this was the point where he thought he definitely found the cure and got so self-confident then. does anybody ever asked him how exactly he recovered his hair? shall we ask him for all the details?


#7

Dr. Nigam’s hair multiplication


#8

^ From dr Nigams website.


#9

hmm, don’t know what to think about, but it doesn’t look bad. decent coverage when his hair is long, but I can’t tell with these pics. they are not detailed enough to look at the complete scalp. so maybe stem cells gave a bit improvement by rejuvenating some dying hairs or so, i don’t know. the truth is anywhere out there :slight_smile:


#10

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Magneto_Amarendo[/postedby]
hmm, don’t know what to think about, but it doesn’t look bad. decent coverage when his hair is long, but I can’t tell with these pics. they are not detailed enough to look at the complete scalp. so maybe stem cells gave a bit improvement by rejuvenating some dying hairs or so, i don’t know. the truth is anywhere out there :-)[/quote]

Here he’s in a video, just before he started with all this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mNyHwUE1o

As you can see, it looks exactly like the ‘postop’. So something is wrong …

He did have a FUT surgery, that we know. Not sure what else happened. What I do know 100% sure is that he did NOT get results from ‘stem cell injections’, cause that’s 100% pure BS. hair does not grow by simply injecting stem cells, that we know now. If it only were that simple, lol.


#11

Even in Dr. Nigam’s stem cell injections I think he puts things like growth factors and sonic hedge hog (sometimes) in the mix. These additional agents could be causing some hair growth. Just saying.


#12

i also don’t think that simple stem cells induce new hair growth, the idea behind this is more to rejuvenate dying follicles which are not visible anymore at the surface but once they get strong enough again they can break through the skin surface again, no? this is done by the 2D culturing stuff. the single cells should attach and bind to the existing ones to strenghten them again where 3D cells are meant to induce new hair follicle growth, denovo. am i wrong?


#13

Since Dr. Nigam cures the stem cells in growth factors and shh could’t that cause the stem cells to evolve into progenitor cells? Isn’t that what happens in the body? And also Dr. Nigam doesn’t just cure the stem cells in growth factors and shh; he frequently also adds growth factors and shh at the time of injecting the stem cells, and these growth factor/shh treatments could they themselves cause some regrowth.


#14

I don’t think they’re simple stem cell injections. When Dr. Nigam says “pure stem cell hm” I think he means that stem cells is the only cellular treatment involved, but he would possibly still put growth factors and shh in the injections and even if he didn’t he would have still cultured the stem cells in growth factors because his culture solution includes growth factors. Growth factors by themselves can cause some regrowth and growth factors may stimulate stem cells to morph into progenitor cells (in the body).


#15

Obviously it’s all fake cause in that video which was shot just before the said date of his treatments, he had the same hair as in the postop pictures.


#16

“Obvious” to you, not “obvious” to me.

One thing that you claim is “obvious” has already proved to be incorrect - your claim that the guy in the before and after pics are 2 different guy are not 2 different guys.

Your claims (that dr. Nigam is a fr@ud) demand that the person talking with you first accept something as true even though it has not been proved to be true, for example in order to accept your posit that Dr. Nigam is a fr@ud a person first has to accept your claim that those before and after pics are of two different people even though it is NOT proved that those pics are of 2 different people. Really, your claims amount to an unproved suspicion but you act like your claims are a proved certainty.

As far as the video you’re talking about now I really don’t even know what video you are talking about. I don’t know the video, I don’t know what your claim about the video is, and I really haven’t given any thought to the issue since I have no idea what you’re talking about.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Lindo[/postedby]
Obviously it’s all fake cause in that video which was shot just before the said date of his treatments, he had the same hair as in the postop pictures.[/quote]


#17

Dear Lindo ,

this is a very old episode as far back as 2004 -05 ,hence your observation is incorrect , its uploaded much later on youtube

however as i have an upcoming procedure with dr. nigam for me and my wife but due to all the info that i have read here about Dr,Nigam in last 2 weeks or so , i was very concerned and very recently met with him and spent quite a bit of time with him , to try and clear my doubts i will post the details of that meeting on my thread along with the pics of me and my wife

Magneto_Amarendo : i had a look at his hair its not a hairpiece ,also as previously mentioned that i had seen him appx a year ago wherein he had longish but very thin hair and a lot of his scalp could be seen and at that point of time he was encouraging me to start with stem cell and had showed me his scalp, as he himself was undergoing the treatment
currently i would say from what i remember app 25-30% more area of scalp seems to be covered since then, but the hair is still thin and long , again as i new to this , its only my opinion

he also informed me that Hairlife, another forum member who is from india but from another state will be coming in for a procedure this week, you can ask him to give you further details ,

i am in the same city as Dr.nigam and my office work place is appx 30min from his clinic , will see try and meet with hairlife

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Magneto_Amarendo[/postedby]
hmm, don’t know what to think about, but it doesn’t look bad. decent coverage when his hair is long, but I can’t tell with these pics. they are not detailed enough to look at the complete scalp. so maybe stem cells gave a bit improvement by rejuvenating some dying hairs or so, i don’t know. the truth is anywhere out there :slight_smile:

[postedby]Originally Posted by Lindo[/postedby]

Here he’s in a video, just before he started with all this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mNyHwUE1o

As you can see, it looks exactly like the ‘postop’. So something is wrong …

He did have a FUT surgery, that we know. Not sure what else happened. What I do know 100% sure is that he did NOT get results from ‘stem cell injections’, cause that’s 100% pure BS. hair does not grow by simply injecting stem cells, that we know now. If it only were that simple, lol.[/quote]


#18

[quote]he was encouraging me to start with stem cell and had showed me his scalp, as he himself was undergoing the treatment
currently i would say from what i remember app 25-30% more area of scalp seems to be covered since then, but the hair is still thin and long , again as i new to this , its only my opinion
[/quote]

Again, only part of the picture. Before attributing improvement to stem cells, we must know whether he was on finasteride or using minoxidil. Lack of this information, or a shotgun approach tells us nothing.


#19

[quote]“Obvious” to you, not “obvious” to me.

One thing that you claim is “obvious” has already proved to be incorrect - your claim that the guy in the before and after pics are 2 different guy are not 2 different guys.
[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

You misinterpret the fact that I don’t care responding to your crazy theories anymore with the idea that you’re right. I just really get bored running in the same circles with you, so I stopped responsing and wont’ respond to any of your ridiculous claims until there are new facts or claims to discuss. You seem to think that if you repeat something 100x, at one point it becomes right, lol.


#20

The Nigam-haters jump from one issue to another like a frog jumping from lilly pad to lilly pad. They dart around a lot so it’s hard to keep up with their complaints and even when one of them admits that they were wrong about something the other critics stay silent and don’t admit they were wrong too. This way they can later complain about the same sh!t even though they were proved wrong.

For example, missinghair has proved that Lindo is wrong about his video dates issue and Walrus appears to be admitting that Lindo’s is wrong (and then walrus attacks Dr. Nigam about the finasteride issue instead (lily pad to lily pad)) but Lindo does not admit that he’s wrong so Lindo will let Walrus attack Dr. Nigam about the finasteride issue for awhile and then later Lindo will come back and argue about the date issue more even though missinghair disproved Lindo’s sh!t about the date issue.

Really, it’s all about badmouthing Dr. Nigam and that convinces me that all of the hate directed at Dr. Nigam originates from his competitors and then some of the dumber regular posters here (like Hairman) are falling for the bs started by Nigam’s competitors. I think Licht and perhaps Lindo are probably working for HT competitors of Dr. Nigam.

[quote]he was encouraging me to start with stem cell and had showed me his scalp, as he himself was undergoing the treatment
currently i would say from what i remember app 25-30% more area of scalp seems to be covered since then, but the hair is still thin and long , again as i new to this , its only my opinion

[postedby]Originally Posted by walrus[/postedby]

Again, only part of the picture. Before attributing improvement to stem cells, we must know whether he was on finasteride or using minoxidil. Lack of this information, or a shotgun approach tells us nothing.[/quote]