Dr. Hasson - hairline, frontal 1/2, crown - 1.5 years

Well that’s pretty much the average price for hair transplant these days. What makes you think that hair multiplication will be cheaper and the hair will last forever? It might be just as expensive.

Excellent photographs!

Very nice before and after comparison. :ok:

“well and still the sides are thicker than the front top. WTF???”

Things that make you say “duh” for 500 Alex. How in the world do you expect the transplanted areas to be as thick as the sides? Magic? This has to be one of the most naive things that I have ever read on this forum.

» “well and still the sides are thicker than the front top. WTF???”
»
»
» Things that make you say “duh” for 500 Alex. How in the world do you
» expect the transplanted areas to be as thick as the sides? Magic? This has
» to be one of the most naive things that I have ever read on this forum.

well maybe its naive and i dont know much about transplants. but for 20,000 $ you should expect that.

and i think with some later versions of HM you should get this for this price.

the sides just have 55-60 grafts per cm². im not speaking here of the back donor. but 55-60 grafts should be possible with these many grafts and for this price.

» » “well and still the sides are thicker than the front top. WTF???”
» »
» »
» » Things that make you say “duh” for 500 Alex. How in the world do you
» » expect the transplanted areas to be as thick as the sides? Magic? This
» has
» » to be one of the most naive things that I have ever read on this forum.
»
» well maybe its naive and i dont know much about transplants. but for
» 20,000 $ you should expect that.
»
» and i think with some later versions of HM you should get this for this
» price.
»
» the sides just have 55-60 grafts per cm². im not speaking here of the back
» donor. but 55-60 grafts should be possible with these many grafts and for
» this price.

sory but i think his hair looks pretty damn good
however he just used up 75% of his donor grafts on an area that covers only about 1/3 of the top of his head, not to mention the future thinning he might incur on the crown and sides

if he goes very bald he is in big trouble

» » » “well and still the sides are thicker than the front top.
» WTF???”

» » »
» » »
» » » Things that make you say “duh” for 500 Alex. How in the world do you
» » » expect the transplanted areas to be as thick as the sides? Magic?
» This
» » has
» » » to be one of the most naive things that I have ever read on this
» forum.
» »
» » well maybe its naive and i dont know much about transplants. but for
» » 20,000 $ you should expect that.
» »
» » and i think with some later versions of HM you should get this for this
» » price.
» »
» » the sides just have 55-60 grafts per cm². im not speaking here of the
» back
» » donor. but 55-60 grafts should be possible with these many grafts and
» for
» » this price.
»
» sory but i think his hair looks pretty damn good
» however he just used up 75% of his donor grafts on an area that
» covers only about 1/3 of the top of his head, not to mention the future
» thinning he might incur on the crown and sides
»
» if he goes very bald he is in big trouble

I agree- excellent results. You also need to take in consideration his age. He is 40 yrs old so I would imagine that his hair-loss is a very mild progression. If he loses anymore, I would suspect it would take a long time to show cosmetic relevance.

i would really like to see a top view.

anyway, i think the hairline doesnt look absolutley natural. i dont know why but it just doesnt perfectly look like what nature makes.

:confused: just my opinion.

» i would really like to see a top view.
»
» anyway, i think the hairline doesnt look absolutley natural. i dont know
» why but it just doesnt perfectly look like what nature makes.
»
» :confused: just my opinion.

As long as it is just your opinion and not speculation.:wink:

» » i would really like to see a top view.
» »
» » anyway, i think the hairline doesnt look absolutley natural. i dont
» know
» » why but it just doesnt perfectly look like what nature makes.
» »
» » :confused: just my opinion.
»
»
» As long as it is just your opinion and not speculation.:wink:

no no, :slight_smile: its just my opinion.

its just sad that this is what the best hair transplant surgeon in the world can do. :confused:

i woulda want more.

lets all hope for HM.

Not sure about this… I think it looks great - natural, nice density, age-appropriate hairline etc. But I’m a bit unsure where all those grafts went, as the patient still had a good load of hair left up top. I know they bulked up thinning areas as well as just rebuilding the hairline, but if I’d have just seen the before and after pictures I’d have said it was a 3000+ graft job, not pushing 5500 to 6000.

But as of now, Summer 2007, it looks very nice.

» Not sure about this… I think it looks great - natural, nice density,
» age-appropriate hairline etc. But I’m a bit unsure where all those grafts
» went, as the patient still had a good load of hair left up top. I know
» they bulked up thinning areas as well as just rebuilding the hairline, but
» if I’d have just seen the before and after pictures I’d have said it was a
» 3000+ graft job, not pushing 5500 to 6000.
»
» But as of now, Summer 2007, it looks very nice.

thats what I said he used up WAY too many grafts for this small area

he is in big trouble if he thins considerably more

» Email joe@hassonandwong.com

I did, no response. I don’t see why he can’t just respond here. What is the big deal?

» » Email joe@hassonandwong.com
»
» I did, no response. I don’t see why he can’t just respond here. What is
» the big deal?

I don’t know. You tell me. What’s the big deal? Joe heard from someone who said HM may be 10 years away. It’s second hand information, it’s not from someone within Intercytex. It’s not verifiable. It cannot be substantiated. So what’s the big deal? Why obsessed over it? It’s speculation at best.

Jotronic doesn’t want to divulge any more details given how fanatic people can get in the forum. His words were literally twisted to read “someone deep in the know at Intercytex” which is NOT what he said.

» » » Email joe@hassonandwong.com
» »
» » I did, no response. I don’t see why he can’t just respond here. What
» is
» » the big deal?
»
» I don’t know. You tell me. What’s the big deal? Joe heard from someone
» who said HM may be 10 years away. It’s second hand information, it’s not
» from someone within Intercytex. It’s not verifiable. It cannot be
» substantiated. So what’s the big deal? Why obsessed over it? It’s
» speculation at best.
»
» Jotronic doesn’t want to divulge any more details given how fanatic people
» can get in the forum. His words were literally twisted to read “someone
» deep in the know at Intercytex” which is NOT what he said.

Mind if I answer this question, Hairsite? I’ll tell you what the big deal is. The big deal isn’t what Jotronic had said. What he actually had said, I quoted word for word in the HM forum, including a back link here. We then proceeded to have a lively discussion in the HM forum, which, like about every discussion on that forum, included second-hand, unverifiable, unsubstantiated information. And all was well. In fact, even your friend Jotronic, with all his bizarre immunity from critical analysis that he seems to have on this board, contributed to the thread and, in his own words “learned something”.

We know the flaws in the information Hairsite; THAT is not the big deal. Nor are we obsessing about the information itself. Asking for further information about a potentially significant statement made by a ‘respected’ member of the board about HM is hardly obsessing. If you hadn’t taken it upon yourself to delete a perfectly good and informative thread, no sorry, two of them, there would be no big deal.

All we want is for the information that Jotronic gave to be available out there for us to know, debate, and DECIDE FOR OURSELVES whether or not it is valid. We resent the fact that you treat us like little kids, trying to tell us which information is worth knowing and which isn’t, and further, we resent it even more considering how much speculative garbage DOES make it onto the HM forum. It further worries us when we wonder what other potentially information you’ve deleted, before we’ve managed to see it. Well, Hairsite, we will not let that happen to this particular nugget of information. YOU have made it a big deal.

» » Not sure about this… I think it looks great - natural, nice density,
» » age-appropriate hairline etc. But I’m a bit unsure where all those
» grafts
» » went, as the patient still had a good load of hair left up top. I know
» » they bulked up thinning areas as well as just rebuilding the hairline,
» but
» » if I’d have just seen the before and after pictures I’d have said it was
» a
» » 3000+ graft job, not pushing 5500 to 6000.
» »
» » But as of now, Summer 2007, it looks very nice.
»
» thats what I said he used up WAY too many grafts for this small area
»
» he is in big trouble if he thins considerably more

There is something very fishy here…usually we see these numbers on NW6 patients from H&W and they seem to have good coverage with them!!!Now all these grafts in front and a little bald spot on the crown and even the hairline looks thin!This is very weird…there is something wrong with the numbers, this result looks like 2500-3000 grafts.

Attached is the video that I promised. Apologies for the delay.

To recap, the patient is 40 years of age, received 5746 grafts in one session and has achieved true density as opposed to an illusion of density. The difference is that he can pull off any hairstyle he wants without reservation. I know some of you have questioned the number of grafts and why it was necessary. This was why. Also, he is not in any position to look ridiculous IF he loses more hair. His hairline was not aggressively lowered, his temples were not aggressively closed and he has at the least 4000 grafts or more for future work if he needs it. His donor density and laxity are still excellent.

Btw, he paid less than 20K and I don’t mean 19,9999.00 either;-)

As a side note, this is the last of our standard definition videos. The quality just is not what we would like so after this, all of our videos will be shot in HD (high definition). We just purchased a Canon HV-20 and while the final product, after compression and conversion will not be true high def, it will be considerably sharper and with little to no pixelation. We do this to make our work just that much more transparent.

For this video you can enlarge it to full screen by clicking the small gray squareish icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video player. It should fill your screen regardless of what size monitor (or TV) that you are using.

Dr. Hasson, 5746 Grafts, The Video

http://www.hassonandwong.com/mediagallery/av_player/reverse_video_dates.html?autoPlay=1&PLindex=3&id=16&filePrefX=reverseDate_

so you are saying guys can get 10k grafts with strip

sounds high to me but then again, what do i know other than what a few guys have said on the board

I am not saying his hairline is freakishly low, so that he would look abnormal in the future

Im saying you only covered less than half the top of his scalp and now its DENSE
what if he goes to a NW7? with hair on the part lines going way down on the sides of his scalp, and the crown goes way back down…and he is left with this thick normal frontal hairline on top and then bald behind that with a bald ring where his parts used to be on each side

you dont think that would look strange?

»Impressive but my advice is wait for TRC. Really.

a looooot of grafts in a small area and still it looks somehow thin…if the guy progresses to NW6 he is doomed, lets hope that the Dutasteride he propably is on will hold off the progression and wont give him any long term sideeffects

» a looooot of grafts in a small area and still it looks somehow thin…if
» the guy progresses to NW6 he is doomed, lets hope that the Dutasteride he
» propably is on will hold off the progression and wont give him any long
» term sideeffects

TheGreek,

Your post is rather confusing. It’s a lot of grafts but it’s still thin? If he loses to a NW6 he’s screwed because so many grafts were already used? If so, this doesn’t fly because as I said he has well over 4000 grafts left so at worst the back would look thin. If he loses in the middle section then it could still be filled with a decreasing density into the crown. If he progresses, he’s still good as it’s perfectly natural to have a strong front and a thinner back. This is a standard approach by most all clinics as it mimics a natural pattern.

If you say he’s screwed because it’s too thick up front then how can this be if you just said he still looks thin? See the contradiction? Anyhow, I don’t see where you think it’s still thin unless you like brick walls for hairlines. I mean, how much more dense do you want that is more than 70 per cm2?

Hangingin there,

Yes, he has at least 10K available via strip. Nicnitro has received this much already in two sessions and even I myself have had close to this much removed. 8000 FU with Dr. Wong and 800 minis by Dr. Norris of which only 300 grew. Convert those minis to FU and it would be close to 2000 therefore almost 10K have been removed. 10K via strip is pretty rare but it is not unheard of and this patient can easily hit that as well. He is far from screwed and he won’t hit NW7. All males in his family have the same pattern as he does, he’s on meds (Proscar), and his remaining donor hair is extremely strong. Remember, he’s 40 years old, not 23.