Dr. Hasson - hairline, frontal 1/2, crown - 1.5 years

Dr. Hasson rebuilt the hairline, filled in the front 1/2 of the scalp and touched up the crown. Patient is 1.5 years post-op.

For more patient results from Drs. Hasson and Wong, go to

Hairsite,

Thank you for uploading the photos for me. Just a side note, the video of this patient will be up shortly on our homepage. I’ll provide the link when we’ve had time to upload the final edit.

That was roughly 7,900 grafts?

Sorry, forgot to include the number of grafts. 5746 in one session.

One more note. I think it’s important to point out exactly what you are looking at. First, the lighting. No flash was used nor studio lighting to make the result look any different than what you’d see in reality. The only lights were from the fluorescent bulbs directly overhead and any ambient light from the windows in the nearby ORs.

Also, the hairline is completely new. The grafts were not mixed in with his original forelock area. It is all transplant in the left, front and right hairline area. Many times patient results are posted where the actual work was behind the native hairline. This is not one of those cases.

Thought I’d clarify.

» Sorry, forgot to include the number of grafts. 5746 in one session.\

Thanks for the update the bottom left hand corner of your page said something about 7900 fue grafts in small print that is why I was assuming that amount.

His results look very good, and I’m not surprised b/c this is hasson/wong work. I must say that if I were to get strip procedure Hasson/Wong would be where I’d go for sure. But I really like wearing my hair short, I’m 27, and I feel we are very close to bigger and better things in the hair industry (acell, ICX, etc.)

Have you guys considered contacting Acell in regards to applying the patch to your patient’s strip scar? If this were a possibility and it yeilded better recovery of the scar, it would definately start to get me thinking about considering strip. I feel a lot of regular informed posters on here would definately be interested if some of the big clinics/better doctors (armani, H&W, Cole, Umar, etc.) stepped up to the plate and tried to incorporate the Acell patch in into their surgery recovery.

Missmyhair,

First, 7900 grafts is what I have had with Dr. Wong. My results can be seen at www.hairtransplantmentor.com and my other site, www.hairtransplanttv.com. I was a repair case as I was almost a NW7 with 300 mini grafts planted at the top of my forehead. Ugh!

Thanks for the props on our results.

As far as Acell goes, I’ve been in talks with them already. No, we’re not working with them, but I think what they are doing is exciting. It’s not official communication but I’ve learned quite a bit. They won’t have human grade product for about a year (maybe less) but they already have vet grade product on the market now for animal use. While this is tempting to start with it is vet grade for a reason and I don’t feel it would be safe for human use just yet.

Thanks again for the props.

» Missmyhair,
»
» First, 7900 grafts is what I have had with Dr. Wong. My results can be
» seen at www.hairtransplantmentor.com and my other site,
» www.hairtransplanttv.com. I was a repair case as I was almost a NW7 with
» 300 mini grafts planted at the top of my forehead. Ugh!
»
» Thanks for the props on our results.
»
» As far as Acell goes, I’ve been in talks with them already. No, we’re not
» working with them, but I think what they are doing is exciting. It’s not
» official communication but I’ve learned quite a bit. They won’t have human
» grade product for about a year (maybe less) but they already have vet grade
» product on the market now for animal use. While this is tempting to start
» with it is vet grade for a reason and I don’t feel it would be safe for
» human use just yet.
»
»
» Anyway, thanks again for the props.

Thanks for the reply Jotronic,

» Hairsite,
»
» Thank you for uploading the photos for me. Just a side note, the video of
» this patient will be up shortly on our homepage. I’ll provide the link
» when we’ve had time to upload the final edit.

Fantastic results. I think that the hairlines in some patients from a little wile back have been too hard. This one is the softest that I have seen from H&W and is as good as any I have seen. Regarding the combination of good angulation and softness this is better than most armani hairlines I have seen.

It seems that you used more grafts for the area than you usualy use. Is this the case? Only a small proportion of a type V area was transplanted wheras H&W usualy use 5-6000 for a complete typ V area. Liiking at the result, if the patient goes to type V or VI then he will need another 5000. Would you agree?

Congrats

P.S. If you were an experienced FUE clinic and your costs were $5/FUE you would have an additional client:-)

can we see photos from top?

by the way i can see the outline of the scar from the side, maybe its from the picture…

» Dr. Hasson rebuilt the hairline, filled in the front 1/2 of the scalp and
» touched up the crown. Patient is 1.5 years post-op.
»

very nice results joe

» Sorry, forgot to include the number of grafts. 5746 in one session.
2 things

1, where are the top pics

2…that is near 6000 grafts for just the top front of the scalp and thickening the crown

he has possibly 2000 grafts left, with the average being about 8k from strip , being available

what happens if he goes to a big nw scale in 20 yrs, that is always my concern using so much of the available donor at an early age to match the thick surrounding hair

then he will in no way have that much donor available to match the thick transplant he just got now, so then what?

Actually his donor looks very thick, I think he can easily provide 3000-4000 with another strip, don’t you think? His back looks much thicker than others I have seen.

Good pics and overall good transplant Jotronic. :slight_smile: :wink:

Thanks all for the comments.

Greek, you do not see a line from his donor scar. Look closely at the before pic, there is an indentation there as well and it is simply how his hair falls. The “line” that you see is actually lower than his true line. The increased amount of gray accentuates this.

The patient is 40 years old and has a plentiful donor supply. We estimate that he has at least 4000 or more should he need it but we hope this will not be the case. I found a top shot today but didn’t have time to upload it and I had another project that got in the way of finishing his video but that will be finished on Monday and the link will be provided.

» Actually his donor looks very thick, I think he can easily provide
» 3000-4000 with another strip, don’t you think? His back looks much
» thicker than others I have seen.

i am not going by how his donor looks I am going by averages, perhaps he could get another 1000 but lets say he cant, so thats 2000 more…he already got 6000, so thats one THIRD of what he got now already. is what he has available TOTAL for the rest of his life, THATS IT

so if his top continues to thin and goes to bald on top the first transplant will remain in place but there will be WAY more hair lost that needs to be replaced…than can be fixed by 2000 grafts…so his hair would look like a freak with a thick frontal transplant and then bald on the back…Like Senator Joe Biden

I think its a mistake to overharvest when you are young, like so many docs seem to be doing nowadays
and then if they guy goes way bald later and has insufficient donor left, the docs will say, hey dont blame me, how was I supposed to know he would go that bald

His hair also could easily go WAY down on the sides and back on the partline, and then he would be left with a thick frontal transplant with a huge ring on the sides rimming his head where the part used to be…if that is not freaky I dont know what is,and he would have nowhere near the number of grafts to fix it

jotronic,

I don’t know if you replied to my post regarding ICX . Somehow the posts were deleted.

» jotronic,
»
» I don’t know if you replied to my post regarding ICX . Somehow the posts
» were deleted.

Email joe@hassonandwong.com

20,000 $ ??? this is the price for such a procedure, right?

well and still the sides are thicker than the front top. WTF???

my sides are thicker than my front top too. my hair should look grown out about like this case. if not then nearly as good. my crown looks better.

and i get told by people (not from these forums) to stop my meds coz the hair is just not worth the money. (and i just spend 100 € (about 130 $) a month in the treatments.) ok i spend about 1500 $ a year. thats much money too. i just hope i can have HM in 5-10 years so it will be 7500 - 15000 $ i will spend in treatments from this point now. thats still less than this guy spent.

anyway he now HAS TO use treatments or he will look bad…really bad.

nothing against the natuarality of this transplant and the design of the hairline…but was this worth it?