Dr. Harris Another intra-Op FUE/2000 X 2Days... Hairtech

This patient came from Europe. He had a previous surgery from a clinic in Europe. He wants to increase the density in the frontal 1/3. Apparently the first clinic used larger tools (punches greater than 1.0mm) because white dotting is seen. We will be using smaller punches… the 0.75mm.

Hairtech or anyone. What would you say is the density in the pre-op. I assume this guy had a previous HT and I would be very interested to know what density this represents.

I think it is about 25-30FU/CM2.

Here is his hairline… I tried to show the angles that are not so good.

Some 5 haired grafts taken with the 0.75mm punch

Mid-procedure extractions…

End of the day extraction sites. I cannot tell you how happy I am when I see this.

Post -Op Notes…

Start time: 1030a
Complete time:5:35p

Total grafts day 1: 910
1s = 117
2s = 382
3s = 318
4s = 93
5s = 5

Total hairs = 2207

Patient Averaged 2.4 hairs per follicular unit.

Dr. Harris completed one half of the donor area today and will complete the other half tomorrow. A slow caution was taken today because of his previous extractions from the different clinic.

Sorry this was our end of the day procedure picture… It did not come out before. Notice the shrinkage of the holes in just a couple of hours…

End of the day extraction sites. I cannot tell you how happy I am when I see this.

» Hairtech or anyone. What would you say is the density in the pre-op. I
» assume this guy had a previous HT and I would be very interested to know
» what density this represents.
»
» I think it is about 25-30FU/CM2.

I think it is slightly less but I will look in the densitometer tomorrow.

he patient is back in the chair… It is 8:00AM

His donor area had great improvement in less than 12 hours.

Marco… Dr. Harris said that his growth density(from the other clinic)… which was probably not his target density initially is around 20FU/cm2:-(

» This patient came from Europe. He had a previous surgery from a clinic in
» Europe.

Hi Hairtech, did your patient have his previous HT in the UK ?

0.75mm punch. :lol:

» » This patient came from Europe. He had a previous surgery from a clinic
» in
» » Europe.
»
» Hi Hairtech, did your patient have his previous HT in the UK ?

Not in the UK…

Intra-operative day II…

for what it’s worth, I think that the previous density is JUST above the density that simply looks like some implanted hair on a bald head. I personally would rather complete coverage at that density than a strong frontal hairline with nothing behind it.

Our count sheet…

Well we are hitting all of the plac es behind the hairline that need it most for the second 1000 grafts. He had patches of no growth which tells me that was technician error. Something went wrong. He did not want to hit the crown. Just the frontal 1/3- 1/2.

I will show you later.

Completed placing…

And again… the donor area looks spectacular before he even leaves. Statistics…

Post -Op Notes…

Again this was a difficult situation because of the previous extractions that were obviously not planned well. Dr. Harris took extra time making sure he did not over harvest the donor area and stayed clear of areas that had previous neighboring extractions… which were many.

Start time: 8a
Complete time:4:35p

Total grafts day 2: 876
1s = 181
2s = 383
3s = 241
4s = 62
5s = 9

Total hairs = 1963

The patient will be coming in today for his first washing and I will get a couple of more pics.

Today the patient has come in for his final post op instructions and his first scalp wash.