Dr. Harris Another intra-Op FUE/2000 X 2Days... Hairtech

Look at this donor area… it really confirms that smaller punch tools are significant even within the same day of surgery. Minimal blood and crusts. extraction holes are contrating to the point of blending in.

» Today the patient has come in for his final post op instructions and his
» first scalp wash.
»
»

Hi Hairtech, this looks pristine but I am confussed about the numbers. Is there really 2000 grafts in the area in this pic? It looks like a lot less.

I am just updating this to say that there ARE a lot less! Where have all the grafts gone???

» Hi Hairtech, this looks pristine but I am confussed about the numbers. Is
» there really 2000 grafts in the area in this pic? It looks like a lot
» less.
»
» I am just updating this to say that there ARE a lot less! Where have all
» the grafts gone???

No we cheat all of our patients out of grafts and charge them for more. Joking of course.:smiley:

If you read the entire post, I posted a daily tally of how many grafts we took each day. Since this patient was nearly exhausted of grafts from the previous clinic, we were only able to take 1786 grafts. We projected 2000 so I put that in the thread title… however since you cannot edit the title … I assumed people read entire threads, however it looks as though you overlooked the daily tally.

I can assure you with absolute complete under oath truth that the the patient received 1786 quality grafts. :wink:

»
» I can assure you with absolute complete under oath truth that the the
» patient received 1786 quality grafts. :wink:

It must be me and I have no experience judging what 2000ish graft implant look like but when I count the “dots” it looks like under 1000. I am reasonably sure that you are not selling grafts on Ebay (only because I checked) so I guess there is just an illusion.

You are in such an illusion that you frighten me… Just Joking. look at the side view it will give you a better perception. Thanks for your comments.:slight_smile:

» You are in such an illusion that you frighten me…

Just because I accuse you of stealing the SAFE technique from me and suggest that you sell grafts on Ebay, you think I am deluded. :slight_smile:

I should also say that I think Dr. Harris’s work is excelent and the quality of the photografic records helps us to see the real deal of transplant. Dr. R. Jones posted a similar number of grafts in the same area and the results looked like a full head of hair until the patient posted a birds eye view. It’s good to see your clinic and others on the forum painting a clear picture. I DO believe that the smaller punches are important. It was not so long ago that many posters and surgeons were arguing as to wether 0.75 was sensible but I think the case is closed. Another advantage of reducing the tissue removed is the reduction in any disorientation of the surrounding follicles and this was also debated at length. Unfortunately it is STILL a numbers game and the actual evidence that scalp FUE can truely extract the same numbers as strip is still missing. I say this because the patient in question will certainely need 7000ish in total based on your documentation and FUE alone has not yet been shown to satisfy that need.

» » You are in such an illusion that you frighten me…
»
» Just because I accuse you of stealing the SAFE technique from me and
» suggest that you sell grafts on Ebay, you think I am deluded. :slight_smile:
»
» I should also say that I think Dr. Harris’s work is excelent and the
» quality of the photografic records helps us to see the real deal of
» transplant. Dr. R. Jones posted a similar number of grafts in the same
» area and the results looked like a full head of hair until the patient
» posted a birds eye view. It’s good to see your clinic and others on the
» forum painting a clear picture. I DO believe that the smaller punches are
» important. It was not so long ago that many posters and surgeons were
» arguing as to wether 0.75 was sensible but I think the case is closed.
» Another advantage of reducing the tissue removed is the reduction in any
» disorientation of the surrounding follicles and this was also debated at
» length. Unfortunately it is STILL a numbers game and the actual evidence
» that scalp FUE can truely extract the same numbers as strip is still
» missing. I say this because the patient in question will certainely need
» 7000ish in total based on your documentation and FUE alone has not yet
» been shown to satisfy that need.

Thank you for the kind words… Just to put things into prospective concerning this case… the fellow had 4000 previous graft extractions… 4000 thousand grafts taken without regard for the future or what would happen in terms of scarring. His donor area is cashed. He has reached his limit. Oh I’m sure someone out there would say, "Oh I’m king of FUE and I can extract another 5200 grafts from his donor area… but this is simply not true. That is why we stopped at short of 2000.

This is the different angle that shows the first day of placing. The incisions that Dr. Harris uses also is worth mentioning because they don’t produce much crusting. The smaller the incision result in less trauma, less bleeding, faster healing, increased graft survival directly from grafts healing faster and restoring circulation. Have you ever seen someones scalp looking like hamburger helper cooked rare from all the blood? I have. And I have worked in clinics that do this regularly.

Having said this Marco… this picture is from the first day. Compare that or count the dots. It might be that the first day healed relatively fast. I mean his donor healed while he was in the chair. I totally forgot that this could be why it looks like less than 1700 grafts. That is why I was like… What did he say? It is because you are extremely aware to what goes on on in HT. You are very intuitive and when things are seem out of place you say it. I gained deep respect from you when u did that a few posts ago. Now back to stealing the SAFE technique. Technically, aliens (greys) sent me here to educate hairloss victims as this is the link for them to take over the earth.

»
» Some 5 haired grafts taken with the 0.75mm punch
»
»
»
» Mid-procedure extractions…
»
»
»
» End of the day extraction sites. I cannot tell you how happy I am when I
» see this.

I do not know what you are so happy about hairtech!

Is it about the fact that the donor sites look as large as the previous white dot scars?
If you are adamant that the sites are 0.75mm, why not put something in the picture by which viewers can compare the extraction site size.

If you honestly think those 5 hair grafts are true follicular units instead of minis, I recommend you read Dr. Woods article on that subject.

How can you be so 1990ish? I know you have a tough task promoting a doctor. Just dont do it at expense of patients. Do work that lets you have a peaceful night’s sleep. OK?

Your OT staff doesnt wear surgical caps and masks before entering the OT?

I think the bill passed in Minnesota may have been prompted by such incidences of lack of sterilization protocols.
Dr. A would never allow any of his staff enter the OT like the way I see in your OT pictures.

Very interesting… Good point… since this procedure is know by every clinic on the planet not to completely sterile…

We where proper attire based on OSHA regulations during certain portions of the procedures.

» Very interesting… Good point… since this procedure is know by every
» clinic on the planet not to completely sterile…
»
» We where proper attire based on OSHA regulations during certain portions
» of the procedures.

OK.
Maybe, the places you worked follow the minimum regulations. Their choice and right, I guess.

Its just that the first thing Dr. A taught me was to strive for more than the minimum allowable. “We aim for the best, not the allowable” thats an abiding lesson I remember.
Our doctors and techs never enter OT without their head draped and a face mask in place. We wouldnt dream of a person entering our OT like this.

Thats why I wondered… but ok, if its allowed in your country and your doctor is comfortable that way, no problem with me.

I guess in your country the standards exceed that of the US. I apologize for our short comings.

Seriously though, And I do understand that you were learned under Dr. A. and that you learned not to enter an OR room without gowning up like the patient is in isolation or something, however let me break it down how most clinics work.

I have worked in the OR’s of Drs. Rose,Devroye(Belgium) Cooley, Cole, Harris, Mwamba, Bisanga(Belgium), Bosley, MHR, PAI, and Nuhart.

Each clinic has different gowning/mask procedures. All clinics(that I visited) gown/mask up during slivering/cutting/placing… and especially strip excisions or FUE.

Not one clinic treats the OR room as if it were a complete sterile surgical atmosphere. This is because the surgeries in HT are a “clean” procedure at best.

Everything is sterilized in terms of instruments… instrument trays, punches. But if you think hair can be totally sterilized you wrong.

Now in contrast to that, I used to work in organ transplant surgery as a surgical technician. Guess what? That has to be performed in a total sterile surgical atmosphere. The entire room is gowned up/masks/hats/shoe covers/ sterile gloves.

Everyone knows that hair transplant surgeries do not need to be performed in that manner. There is an almost zero infection rate in today’s hair transplants in the US.