Dr Gho has apparently changed the game

Dr. Gho has described in a peer-reviewed journal the exact details of how to perform his HST technique.

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546630903359814

The full text version of this study describes every necessary aspect of how to replicate this technique right down to the ingredients in the special medium used and the specially developed wave-tipped needles.

The technique produces a mean multiplication rate of greater than 90%. All current HT clinics should give serious thought to incorporating this technique into their practice. As far as I know, the technique is patented, and Dr. Gho is willing to work with other clinics who wish to use the newer technique in order to optimize the number of available donor hairs available for transplant.

This is a game changer because the regrown donor grafts can be used repeatedly. :smiley:

» Dr. Gho has described in a peer-reviewed journal the exact details of how
» to perform his HST technique.
»
» http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546630903359814
»
» The full text version of this study describes every necessary aspect of
» how to replicate this technique right down to the ingredients in the
» special medium used and the specially developed wave-tipped needles.
»
» The technique produces a mean multiplication rate of greater than 90%. All
» current HT clinics should give serious thought to incorporating this
» technique into their practice. As far as I know, the technique is patented,
» and Dr. Gho is willing to work with other clinics who wish to use the newer
» technique in order to optimize the number of available donor hairs
» available for transplant.
»
» This is a game changer because the regrown donor grafts can be used
» repeatedly. :smiley:

ok,

I have 3 balls that I want to move from point A to point B.

I have a tool that allows me to take a maximum of 2 balls.

Would you be surprised if there was 1 ball left in point A?

» » Dr. Gho has described in a peer-reviewed journal the exact details of
» how
» » to perform his HST technique.
» »
» » http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546630903359814
» »
» » The full text version of this study describes every necessary aspect of
» » how to replicate this technique right down to the ingredients in the
» » special medium used and the specially developed wave-tipped needles.
» »
» » The technique produces a mean multiplication rate of greater than 90%.
» All
» » current HT clinics should give serious thought to incorporating this
» » technique into their practice. As far as I know, the technique is
» patented,
» » and Dr. Gho is willing to work with other clinics who wish to use the
» newer
» » technique in order to optimize the number of available donor hairs
» » available for transplant.
» »
» » This is a game changer because the regrown donor grafts can be used
» » repeatedly. :smiley:
»
» ok,
»
» I have 3 balls that I want to move from point A to point B.
»
» I have a tool that allows me to take a maximum of 2 balls.
»
» Would you be surprised if there was 1 ball left in point A?

Oh come on Pro Hair! I have total respect for you clinics but please dont be bitchy :expressionless:

James Bond, thanks for posting this information. I, like many others here are repair patients, and I may have one last chance at a “decent” repair using coventional HT methods. In my case, I am looking at a FUE/Strip combo in the next year with Shapiro Medical. Like most here, I’m wary of any new procedure but this does seem to be very legitimate. My concerns would include, if current doctors (not all) are getting some poor results from FUE due to transection, any doctor using this procedure must have a high degree of skill, two the cost. I hope for everyone here, this really turns out to be a viable treatment/procedure. It’s refreshing to come here and see some positive and informative posts. Thanks!

This is the math from a joker and owner of a HT clinic …

» ok,
»
»
»

… and this the simple math from 6 other researchers (as Dr. Gho):

The most efficient follicular regenerating unit and the smallest follicular regenerating unit: Potential treatments for hair loss
Sen Wanga, Yu Lia, Ying-Chang Jia, Chang-Min Lina, Cheng Manb, Xiao-Xuan Zhengc
Received 14 May 2009; accepted 17 May 2009. published online 22 June 2009.

Summary
Hair loss affects many people, especially adult males. An effective treatment is hair transplantation which involves harvesting hair grafts from a donor site and relocating them to a bald site. However, this traditional method, equivalent to one-to-one transplantation, simply redistributes hair rather than increases the number of existing hairs. Although hair transplantation is actually the transplantation of hair follicle (HF), it has been confirmed that whole HFs could be reformed from parts of HFs containing different constituents, implying the existence of more efficient and smaller HF regenerating units in a whole HF. Thus we hypothesize that the most efficient follicular regenerating unit (EFRU) and the smallest follicular regenerating unit (SFRU) could be found in whole HFs. As a result, the one-to-many hair transplantation would be achieved in clinic. One-to-many means to double or triple the number of hairs. In order to test and verify the hypothesis, we design a method called hair follicle micro-dissection (HFM) which aims to help find the regenerating units and increase the number of hair for transplantation. The postulation may provide a more mature and realistic treatment for hair loss if it proved to be practical.

Source: Medical Hypotheses | Journal | ScienceDirect.com by Elsevier

So what ?

BS!!Total BS!

» BS!!Total BS!

Totally agree! bverotti’s math is total BS!

» » BS!!Total BS!
»
» Totally agree! bverotti’s math is total BS!

Dear ironman,
my comments were not directed to bverotti’s post!

Answer: I would not be surprised because you are the one moving the balls. Substitute Dr. Gho in your place, and yes I would be surprised if there was only 1 ball left in point A.

Hint: Don’t be a lazy reader or 3 balls is the maximum you’ll ever move.

» James Bond, thanks for posting this information. I, like many others here
» are repair patients, and I may have one last chance at a “decent” repair
» using coventional HT methods. In my case, I am looking at a FUE/Strip combo
» in the next year with Shapiro Medical. Like most here, I’m wary of any new
» procedure but this does seem to be very legitimate. My concerns would
» include, if current doctors (not all) are getting some poor results from
» FUE due to transection, any doctor using this procedure must have a high
» degree of skill, two the cost. I hope for everyone here, this really turns
» out to be a viable treatment/procedure. It’s refreshing to come here and
» see some positive and informative posts. Thanks!

I would be very leery of getting a traditional HT if you already have limited donor hair. The purpose of publishing full disclosure in a peer reviewed journal is to allow other researchers (doctors etc) to reproduce the results. Be especially leery of any HT doctor who criticizes this technique prior to even reading the study. My suggestion is to allow a little time for other medical professionals to attempt to reproduce the results from this study.

More than five years ago, I posted an independent study from an Italian HT clinic that tested Dr. Gho’s claims of donor regrowth using FM. The study confirmed his claims. Be very careful of what HT doctors without an indepth understanding of stem cell science tell you about this technique.

Look, I don’t know all the details, but donor regrowth is real. Now that it has been fully disclosed and published, it can go through mainstream scientific channels and be tested for validity. I suggest allowing some time for this to sort itself out before you choose to let another doctor use up what’s left of your donor site.

I am going to try to get another interview from Dr. Gho in order to find out more details about this. Out of curiosity, how many donor grafts do you have left that can be harvested?

P.S. I will be discussing this more in depth in the Research forum as I learn more about it.

OK so James, did I understand this correctly.

Gho (claims to have) found a way to take part of a follicle from the back, divide it and have it grow more hair which can then be implanted at various spots.

So 1 hair follicle -> 3 hair follicles -> implanted in 3 balding spots ?

Is my understanding correct?

If so why don’t one of the doctors here give it a shot and see if it works instead of just dismissing Gho? Lets try to advance HT into the 21st century instead of sticking with strip butcher techniques of the 20th century.

Dr. A, how about it? You are always up for a challenge taking on difficult/hopless HT repair cases. We need to call on you one more time to step up to the challenge of trying out this method. Would you be willing to get in contact with Gho and try his method out and report on the results impartially. It sure as hell would end the endless arguments about whether Gho is real or just a dreamer.

here is a sentence which is the key of the article
"This technique enables us to generate two hair follicles from one follicle with consistent results and preserve the donor area."

What does this mean?

Here is how I understand the result of the article.

When taking a multi hair follicle it is possible to “transect” this follicle in the longtitude (splitting the graft). One part of the multi hair graft is left in the donor area and will regrow (of course it does since it has always been there in the first place). The other part of the hair follicle is transplanted and will regrow hair (again seems logical because it contains all the elements of an FU).

But I fail to read (or to find) at which point there is a direct manipulation of the stemcells.
I fail to see the total number of hairs being artificially increased as one would expect when using stemcells to multiply the actual hair count.

I would like to see Dr A doing it because, it seems that Dr A is one of the few docs who actually give a sh*t about us. Thats what i like.

@ Bverotti : Your Pro Hair Clinic should give it a try. If it works you could be one of the leading clinics for a long long time. But therefore you have to stop bi*ching around cause thats stupid and you will loose customers.

Actually i was thinking about a FUE for a long time, but when i see this bithing and moning i will think about it and actually dismiss my thoughts about it.

Leeroy
I beg to differ between bit* and conducting a debate based on opinion.

Bart

» » » BS!!Total BS!
» »
» » Totally agree! bverotti’s math is total BS!
»
» Dear ironman,
» my comments were not directed to bverotti’s post!

lmao

» here is a sentence which is the key of the article
» “This technique enables us to generate two hair follicles from one
» follicle with consistent results and preserve the donor area.”
»
» What does this mean?
»
» Here is how I understand the result of the article.
»
» When taking a multi hair follicle it is possible to “transect” this
» follicle in the longtitude (splitting the graft). One part of the multi
» hair graft is left in the donor area and will regrow (of course it does
» since it has always been there in the first place). The other part of the
» hair follicle is transplanted and will regrow hair (again seems logical
» because it contains all the elements of an FU).
»
» But I fail to read (or to find) at which point there is a direct
» manipulation of the stemcells.
» I fail to see the total number of hairs being artificially increased as
» one would expect when using stemcells to multiply the actual hair count.
Isn’t the “correct” and more “accepted” terminology “hair multiplication aka HM” rather than “stemcells”? News flash, it’s not stem cells at all. It actually IS hair multiplication. And taking any hair and multiplying it by more than a single factor is indeed hair multiplication.

So let me get your argument straight. Although the procedure would allow for one hair follicle to be multiplied by 3 and used 3 times as a result, you are saying since this is literally not “stem cell” related, then it’s useless???
I keep reading your posts of disagreement, which is totally reasonable since youre just a consultant and not a doc, but i have yet read a single post of yours explaining exactly why u and ure clinic disagree and are against gho’s technique? Enlighten us using scientific facts. Not “i didn’t see any 3 hairs, 4 hairs, white dots, 3 dots, or 4 white dots”, yeh like the words coming out of a salesman surgeon are the bible of truth. Science please.

» » James Bond, thanks for posting this information. I, like many others
» here
» » are repair patients, and I may have one last chance at a “decent”
» repair
» » using coventional HT methods. In my case, I am looking at a FUE/Strip
» combo
»
» I would be very leery of getting a traditional HT if you already have
» limited donor hair. The purpose of publishing full disclosure in a peer
» reviewed journal is to allow other researchers (doctors etc) to reproduce
» the results. Be especially leery of any HT doctor who criticizes this
» technique prior to even reading the study. My suggestion is to allow a
» little time for other medical professionals to attempt to reproduce the
» results from this study.
»
» More than five years ago, I posted an independent study from an Italian HT
» clinic that tested Dr. Gho’s claims of donor regrowth using FM. The study
» confirmed his claims. Be very careful of what HT doctors without an indepth
» understanding of stem cell science tell you about this technique.
»
» Look, I don’t know all the details, but donor regrowth is real. Now that
» it has been fully disclosed and published, it can go through mainstream
» scientific channels and be tested for validity. I suggest allowing some
» time for this to sort itself out before you choose to let another doctor
» use up what’s left of your donor site.
»
» I am going to try to get another interview from Dr. Gho in order to find
» out more details about this. Out of curiosity, how many donor grafts do you
» have left that can be harvested?
»
» P.S. I will be discussing this more in depth in the Research forum as I
» learn more about it.

Hi James, I recently did a photo/phone consult with Shapiro Medical. I have prior strip scars and the grafts (minis) I had were placed in the crown. I’m a NW6 diffuse. Based soley on my photo’s and my goals, an estimate of approximately 4k grafts. The plan would be to strip day 1 (and hopefully revise/excise one or two scars during) day 2 and 3 FUE, and day 4 punch out large mini-grafts and redistribute. My plan is to drive to Minnesota for a in-person consult late summer/early. I would like to have the surgery in mid-January. I have to admit this new information is making me consider take a wait and see attitude. Being a repair patient is much worse as you are living with a poor very apparent transplant.

» Dr. Gho has described in a peer-reviewed journal the exact details of how
» to perform his HST technique.
»
» http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546630903359814
»
» The full text version of this study describes every necessary aspect of
» how to replicate this technique right down to the ingredients in the
» special medium used and the specially developed wave-tipped needles.
»
» The technique produces a mean multiplication rate of greater than 90%. All
» current HT clinics should give serious thought to incorporating this
» technique into their practice. As far as I know, the technique is patented,
» and Dr. Gho is willing to work with other clinics who wish to use the newer
» technique in order to optimize the number of available donor hairs
» available for transplant.
»
» This is a game changer because the regrown donor grafts can be used
» repeatedly. :smiley:

so is this basically a “how to guide” on how to duplicate donor hairs correct? if so, then does this guide come with photos of proof that it works? or is it just one of those things where it’s like “yea i can tell YOU how to do it…i just havent done it myself”

I read the article, and there are quite a few pictures. In one instance, Dr. Gho took magnified photos of the donor area before, during and after his extraction technique. To the layman (me), there does appear to be consistent re-growth. Even if regeneration isn’t actually occurring, there is absolutely no scar tissue (that is for certain).

I’m still just not sure how practicable this method is. There are several questions that I don’t think the research addressed adequately:

Can a large volume of hairs be transplanted and regenerated consistently?

Can single-hair grafts be multiplied (as opposed to follicular units)?

When multiple-hair follicular units are transected longitudinally and implanted into the donor area, do they sprout multiple-hair follicular units or individual hairs?

Hopefully James Bond (who knows considerably more about this process than I do) can do some research and find the answers to these questions.

I really, really hope Gho is on to something. I’m just not sold yet.

» Here is how I understand the result of the article.
»
» When taking a multi hair follicle it is possible to “transect” this
» follicle in the longtitude (splitting the graft). One part of the multi
» hair graft is left in the donor area and will regrow (of course it does
» since it has always been there in the first place). The other part of the
» hair follicle is transplanted and will regrow hair (again seems logical
» because it contains all the elements of an FU).
»
» But I fail to read (or to find) at which point there is a direct
» manipulation of the stemcells.
» I fail to see the total number of hairs being artificially increased as
» one would expect when using stemcells to multiply the actual hair count.

Have you read the full text of the article? I can point you to a copy if you don’t have it.

The article is extremely in depth and completely documented with illustrations, tables, and photos, and hair counts, as well as a legitimate scientific explanation of how the technique works backed up by years of stem-cell based studies.

The hair is being multiplied. This is an extreme breakthrough and a game changer. The technique is fully revealed in the article. This is hair multiplication technique with greater than 90% of hairs being multiplied on average.

You can start on this really easily. Have a 6mm wave-tipped needle made as detailed in the study. Mark a spot on your peer or patient’s head with an acupuncture needle dipped in temporary tattoo ink in a manner that you can track 10 grafts through time. Extract 10 grafts using the outlined techniques. You don’t have to bother reimplanting the grafts. Just take 10 and see if more hairs are growing after 7 days than you extracted. It’s that simple.

Dr. Woods was treated terribly when he developed FUE. That’s how scientific breakthroughs go. It is sad but true. Please reserve judgment until you have attempted the technique, and please be honest about your result.