Dr Gho has apparently changed the game

» So [bverotti] let me get your argument straight. Although the procedure would allow
» for one hair follicle to be multiplied by 3 and used 3 times as a result,
» you are saying since this is literally not “stem cell” related, then it’s
» useless???

It is stem cells that are causing the hair multiplication. Transecting the follicle longitudinally leaves stem cells in the donor site and stem cells on the transplanted graft. This is 100% stem-cell based hair multiplication. However, it does not require cell multiplication in a petri dish.

Notice in this test hair transplanted in the recipient, the top is thick because that was the hair growing prior to transection of the follicle. Then the middle is thin because that is the hair growing after transection of the follicle. Then the hair is thick again in the base, because the follicle has rejuvinated and can support thick hair growth again.

Here is what the donor looks like just after the extraction:

Here is what the donor looks like one month after extraction. The donor grows back, and doctor Gho has figured out how to do it with a high rate of consistency from patient to patient.

Note, in many cases, you can faintly see the extraction marks, and the new hair is growing right out of them. In a minority of cases, you can see an extraction mark with no hair growing from it. (the arrows and text were drawn by me)

Doctor Gho is a genius and deserves the greatest respect. This is perhaps the biggest breakthrough in hair restoration in 50 years.

Disclaimer: I in no way represent or am affiliated Dr. Gho’s clinic. The views expressed are purely my own. I gained interest in hair multiplication science many years ago and contacted many well-known scientists to ask questions while following and studying their research. Dr. Gho is just one of the many researchers I have contacted and followed the research of through the years. I’ve also contacted Dr. Kim, Dr. Stenn, Dr. McElwee, and several others. I have a high degree of respect for these researchers and a high degree of appreciation for the extreme amount of passion and hard work they have put into pioneering this emerging new field of science/medicine.

» Being a repair patient is much
» worse as you are living with a poor very apparent transplant.

I can appreciate your dilemma. It’s tough losing your hair period, but your situation really magnifies it. It’s your call, but I would strongly consider what 4K grafts will do. If you don’t think you would be ultimately happy with it, you might want to hold on a while longer and see where this multiplication thing is going. Right now, it looks extremely promising. The more progressive/intelligent clinics will jump all over this. The others will try to stop it with slander and perhaps false claims of trying to reproduce it and failing. Keep an eye on the more respected clinics, because they will not want to practice without this if they can get their hands on it. Their patients’ well being comes first, as does their reputations and ethics. A breakthrough like this cannot be stopped now that the cat is out of the bag. If there are any issues with the technique, they will be brought to light. I expect it to take a year to really get a handle on this. But if you know you can get your hair back, but it will be expensive and take time, that is a great deal better than it being scientifically impossible.

Hey man, great info. You mentioned that you talked to Stenn, Gho and McElwee (Aderans, HSI and TrichoScience effectively).

1. How long ago?

2. How were you able to get into contact with them?

3. Do you think you could do so again?

Thanks much.

» Gho (claims to have) found a way to take part of a follicle from the back,
» divide it and have it grow more hair which can then be implanted at various
» spots.

Not exactly. He transects the follicle in the skin. If you remove the follicles and then transect them, they will not rejuvinate consistently. The key is to leave enough follicle tissue behind in the skin where a wound response triggers the stem cells to rejuvinate the damage. In most cases, the newly grown FU will grow the same number of hairs and the same diameter of hairs as the removed FU. Then you can take the removed FU, and transplant it in the recipient area like a normal HT. It will grow normal diameter hairs which cycle normally. After a period of time to let the donor follicles rejuvinate to healthy follicles complete with sebaceous glands, the donor follicles can be harvested again and moved to recipient area, ad nauseum.

» So 1 hair follicle -> 3 hair follicles -> implanted in 3 balding spots ?

The multiplication rate varies somewhat but averages greater than 90%. Thus, to get 3 hairs from one, you must wait for the donor to heal and do a second procedure.

» Hey man, great info. You mentioned that you talked to Stenn, Gho and
» McElwee (Aderans, HSI and TrichoScience effectively).
»
» 1) How long ago?
»
» 2) How were you able to get into contact with them?
»
» 3) Do you think you could do so again?
»
» Thanks much.

I broke off contact with all researchers several years ago. I had an interview with Dr. Kemp back when ICX was still in trials, I canceled it, and pretty much dropped from the scene. I did not feel at the time it was ethical for me to expose these researchers to the types of groundless attacks that occurred after my last interview with Dr. Gho.

I was able to contact them back then because not too many people were interested in the research. I had enough knowledge that most of them mistook me for a fellow researcher and were happy to discuss the research with me. Now-a-days, I expect them to be much more secretive because the science is progressing toward potential $multi-billion cures.

I am in the works of perhaps doing some more interviews. I’ll have to see who will still agree to talk to me. Much time has passed.

Thanks for the thread James Bond, this is great stuff, IF a hair follicle really can be split and recover more than once (one assumes that he has actually tested that) then the key will be for a reputable HT doctor to successfully replicate the process.

If just one such HT doctor does then HST will EXPLODE.

» » Being a repair patient is much
» » worse as you are living with a poor very apparent transplant.
»
» I can appreciate your dilemma. It’s tough losing your hair period, but
» your situation really magnifies it. It’s your call, but I would strongly
» consider what 4K grafts will do. If you don’t think you would be ultimately
» happy with it, you might want to hold on a while longer and see where this
» multiplication thing is going. Right now, it looks extremely promising. The
» more progressive/intelligent clinics will jump all over this. The others
» will try to stop it with slander and perhaps false claims of trying to
» reproduce it and failing. Keep an eye on the more respected clinics,
» because they will not want to practice without this if they can get their
» hands on it. Their patients’ well being comes first, as does their
» reputations and ethics. A breakthrough like this cannot be stopped now that
» the cat is out of the bag. If there are any issues with the technique, they
» will be brought to light. I expect it to take a year to really get a handle
» on this. But if you know you can get your hair back, but it will be
» expensive and take time, that is a great deal better than it being
» scientifically impossible.

Thanks JB. I will give it some hard thought. I have been waiting to get repaired for years, and in Janaury it will be possible both financially and time needed to hide/recover. I have had consults with Cole and Wolf both of who estimated 1800-2000 Fue/Cit. I have lost ground in the last two years since the consults. I have eliminated Dr. Cole for reasons I already posted, I would consider Dr. Wolf, however his staff is just not large enough to take on my needs (I was was very impressed with Dr Wolf though). Once again thanks for posting the information, I rarely post, but I do read daily!

» » So [bverotti] let me get your argument straight. Although the procedure
» would allow
» » for one hair follicle to be multiplied by 3 and used 3 times as a
» result,
» » you are saying since this is literally not “stem cell” related, then
» it’s
» » useless???
»
» It is stem cells that are causing the hair multiplication. Transecting
» the follicle longitudinally leaves stem cells in the donor site and stem
» cells on the transplanted graft. This is 100% stem-cell based hair
» multiplication. However, it does not require cell multiplication in a petri
» dish.
»
» Notice in this test hair transplanted in the recipient, the top is thick
» because that was the hair growing prior to transection of the follicle.
» Then the middle is thin because that is the hair growing after transection
» of the follicle. Then the hair is thick again in the base, because the
» follicle has rejuvinated and can support thick hair growth again.
»
»

»
»
» Here is what the donor looks like just after the extraction:
»
»
»
»
» Here is what the donor looks like one month after extraction. The donor
» grows back, and doctor Gho has figured out how to do it with a high rate of
» consistency from patient to patient.
»
»
»
»
» Note, in many cases, you can faintly see the extraction marks, and the new
» hair is growing right out of them. In a minority of cases, you can see an
» extraction mark with no hair growing from it. (the arrows and text were
» drawn by me)
»
»
»
» Doctor Gho is a genius and deserves the greatest respect. This is perhaps
» the biggest breakthrough in hair restoration in 50 years.
»
» Disclaimer: I in no way represent or am affiliated Dr. Gho’s clinic. The
» views expressed are purely my own. I gained interest in hair multiplication
» science many years ago and contacted many well-known scientists to ask
» questions while following and studying their research. Dr. Gho is just one
» of the many researchers I have contacted and followed the research of
» through the years. I’ve also contacted Dr. Kim, Dr. Stenn, Dr. McElwee, and
» several others. I have a high degree of respect for these researchers and a
» high degree of appreciation for the extreme amount of passion and hard work
» they have put into pioneering this emerging new field of science/medicine.

I’m not sure if these picture have been posted before, but thanks for sharing. What will it take for a hair transplant surgeon to try this method and how long before we can actually have it available to the public?

Where are the patients Gho’s technique has been conducted on? Perhaps more pictures and more testimnoials may make a difference, even if it is slight, it is still a difference and every difference has an impact.

» I’m not sure if these picture have been posted before, but thanks for
» sharing.

The pics have not been posted before. There are plenty more in Gho’s published study along with tables of hair counts, etc.

» What will it take for a hair transplant surgeon to try this
» method and how long before we can actually have it available to the public?

The study fully reveals the technique. Any good surgeon should be able to figure out the donor regrowth within a month from today. The donor starts to regrow just a few days after extraction. The main time will be to fabricate the needle Gho details in the study. The recipient growth is a little trickier, because you have to hunt down the list of ingredients provided in the study and use a little finesse. For a quick proof, I urge surgeons to skip the recipient portion of the technique and perform a quick test with 10 FU’s in the donor.

It’s important to keep in mind, Gho has patented this technique. In order to legally perform it for profit, a clinic would have to work in collaboration with Gho’s clinic. This should not prevent any clinic from performing their own small scale study in order to prove the technique is viable.

For now, Gho’s clinics are the only clinics that offer the procedure to the public.

» Where are the patients Gho’s technique has been conducted on? Perhaps more
» pictures and more testimnoials may make a difference, even if it is slight,
» it is still a difference and every difference has an impact.

Dutch Pop Star Gerard Joling recently had HST. Dr. Gho and an assistant did the work. Gerard had previous strip gone bad and had to hide under a rug for the last decade or so (not sure how many years exactly). After the HST session, he threw away the rug and looks absolutely fantastic. Gho has some pre-op before pics in a video on his site.

Gerard Joling is the only work I’ve seen come out of Gho’s clinics other than the pictures on his website. I don’t know why he puts photos of sparse looking work on his site. I have reservations about going to his clinic mainly because of the photos on his website.

As far as I know, there are no limitations with the technique. It is the same as FUE, but the donor hair mostly grows back. You have to wait perhaps 10 months to a year before you can reharvest the donor though. It takes awhile for the follicle to fully reform.

In the independent study I posted 5 years ago where the Italian HT clinic tried to duplicate Gho’s old FM technique, they got 72% mean regrowth in the donor area. However, they tried to reharvest the follicles after too short of time and found they could not do it because the follicles were too soft and squishy. Dr. Kim previously did a study of rejuvinated lower follicle thirds and showed it takes up to a year to fully reform including sebaceous glands etc. That’s why Gho will not reharvest the donor before 10 months lapses.

» I broke off contact with all researchers several years ago. I had an
» interview with Dr. Kemp back when ICX was still in trials, I canceled it,
» and pretty much dropped from the scene. I did not feel at the time it was
» ethical for me to expose these researchers to the types of groundless
» attacks that occurred after my last interview with Dr. Gho.

You’re right…many posters on these sites are immature and resort to attacking & name calling for no reasons at all.

For a guy with full head of hair…pioneering the HM industry alone was a good enough work by Dr. Gho. Its a shame that most posters here have nothing but trash to say about him even though he gave it his best.

» I was able to contact them back then because not too many people were
» interested in the research. I had enough knowledge that most of them
» mistook me for a fellow researcher and were happy to discuss the research
» with me. Now-a-days, I expect them to be much more secretive because the
» science is progressing toward potential $multi-billion cures.

It would be great if you can get back in touch with the researchers and get us updates on whats going on in this field. I’d really like to see an interview of Dr.Kemp…with more info about TRC phase-II and what went wrong with it etc.

» It would be great if you can get back in touch with the researchers and
» get us updates on whats going on in this field. I’d really like to see an
» interview of Dr.Kemp…with more info about TRC phase-II and what went
» wrong with it etc.

The owner of http://tressless.com/ is really good at getting interviews with ground-breaking researchers. He’s the one that set up my previous interview with Dr. Kemp. I’ll probably do a few interviews for his site in the near future. Actually, one or perhaps two are in the works as we speak. I just have to find the time to put the questions together.

Can you tell us which surgeons you are planning on interviewing?

» The owner of http://tressless.com/ is really good at getting interviews
» with ground-breaking researchers. He’s the one that set up my previous
» interview with Dr. Kemp. I’ll probably do a few interviews for his site in
» the near future. Actually, one or perhaps two are in the works as we speak.
» I just have to find the time to put the questions together.

with whom??

» Can you tell us which surgeons you are planning on interviewing?

It occurs to me it might be interesting to merge the Acell research with HST.

For that, a chat with Dr. Cooley and Dr. Hitzig would be in order (as well as Dr. Gho). I have some other researchers I have in mind that could provide interesting interviews but it really comes down to who will agree to take time out and talk with me.

On top of that, I’m pretty much working 12-hour days as a software engineer, so it’s difficult to find the time and energy to put the hair knowledge together.

» » I’m not sure if these picture have been posted before, but thanks for
» » sharing.
»
» The pics have not been posted before. There are plenty more in Gho’s
» published study along with tables of hair counts, etc.
»
» » What will it take for a hair transplant surgeon to try this
» » method and how long before we can actually have it available to the
» public?
»
» The study fully reveals the technique. Any good surgeon should be able to
» figure out the donor regrowth within a month from today. The donor starts
» to regrow just a few days after extraction. The main time will be to
» fabricate the needle Gho details in the study. The recipient growth is a
» little trickier, because you have to hunt down the list of ingredients
» provided in the study and use a little finesse. For a quick proof, I urge
» surgeons to skip the recipient portion of the technique and perform a quick
» test with 10 FU’s in the donor.
»
» It’s important to keep in mind, Gho has patented this technique. In order
» to legally perform it for profit, a clinic would have to work in
» collaboration with Gho’s clinic. This should not prevent any clinic from
» performing their own small scale study in order to prove the technique is
» viable.
»
» For now, Gho’s clinics are the only clinics that offer the procedure to
» the public.
»
» » Where are the patients Gho’s technique has been conducted on? Perhaps
» more
» » pictures and more testimnoials may make a difference, even if it is
» slight,
» » it is still a difference and every difference has an impact.
»
» Dutch Pop Star Gerard Joling recently had HST. Dr. Gho and an assistant
» did the work. Gerard had previous strip gone bad and had to hide under a
» rug for the last decade or so (not sure how many years exactly). After the
» HST session, he threw away the rug and looks absolutely fantastic. Gho has
» some pre-op before pics in a video on his site.
»
»
»
» Gerard Joling is the only work I’ve seen come out of Gho’s clinics other
» than the pictures on his website. I don’t know why he puts photos of sparse
» looking work on his site. I have reservations about going to his clinic
» mainly because of the photos on his website.
»
» As far as I know, there are no limitations with the technique. It is the
» same as FUE, but the donor hair mostly grows back. You have to wait perhaps
» 10 months to a year before you can reharvest the donor though. It takes
» awhile for the follicle to fully reform.
»
» In the independent study I posted 5 years ago where the Italian HT clinic
» tried to duplicate Gho’s old FM technique, they got 72% mean regrowth in
» the donor area. However, they tried to reharvest the follicles after too
» short of time and found they could not do it because the follicles were too
» soft and squishy. Dr. Kim previously did a study of rejuvinated lower
» follicle thirds and showed it takes up to a year to fully reform including
» sebaceous glands etc. That’s why Gho will not reharvest the donor before 10
» months lapses.

Thanks for the insight. Great info. To me this is the biggest groundbreaking news to the hair transplant industry in decades. I also think it’s currently being underestimated. “Currently”.

» It occurs to me it might be interesting to merge the Acell research with
» HST.
»
» For that, a chat with Dr. Cooley and Dr. Hitzig would be in order (as well
» as Dr. Gho). I have some other researchers I have in mind that could
» provide interesting interviews but it really comes down to who will agree
» to take time out and talk with me.

It’d be really nice if you can get an interview from Dr.Kemp.

How much does he charge for a hair transplant like this and anyone on this board who had this done?

» I would like to see Dr A doing it because, it seems that Dr A is one of the
» few docs who actually give a sht about us. Thats what i like.
»
» @ Bverotti : Your Pro Hair Clinic should give it a try. If it works you
» could be one of the leading clinics for a long long time. But therefore you
» have to stop bi
ching around cause thats stupid and you will loose
» customers.
»
» Actually i was thinking about a FUE for a long time, but when i see this
» bithing and moning i will think about it and actually dismiss my thoughts
» about it.

Best suggestion I have heard so far, we need to get a doctor who is willing to interact with the forum to try this for us, someone whom we can trust and we know will tell us the truth, good or bad. Dr. A and Dr. Jones are the best in my opinion, Dr. Jones was great when he did that Acell trial for us, I say let’s ask Dr. A and Jones to try for us.

Bverotti is not a good idea, he spreads so much bad press about Gho already, I don’t think he will be objective and come out and say he has been wrong all along.

» » I would like to see Dr A doing it because, it seems that Dr A is one of
» the
» » few docs who actually give a sht about us. Thats what i like.
» »
» » @ Bverotti : Your Pro Hair Clinic should give it a try. If it works you
» » could be one of the leading clinics for a long long time. But therefore
» you
» » have to stop bi
ching around cause thats stupid and you will loose
» » customers.
» »
» » Actually i was thinking about a FUE for a long time, but when i see
» this
» » bithing and moning i will think about it and actually dismiss my
» thoughts
» » about it.
»
» Best suggestion I have heard so far, we need to get a doctor who is
» willing to interact with the forum to try this for us, someone whom we can
» trust and we know will tell us the truth, good or bad. Dr. A and Dr. Jones
» are the best in my opinion, Dr. Jones was great when he did that Acell
» trial for us, I say let’s ask Dr. A and Jones to try for us.
»
»
» Bverotti is not a good idea, he spreads so much bad press about Gho
» already, I don’t think he will be objective and come out and say he has
» been wrong all along.

Thanks for your positive feedback, its rare to hear something like that these days.

You are right i read some articles or postings from bverotti…too bad…why are people always so stubborn,its ok if a FUT-Doc is stubborn because i would never ever consider a FUT but a FUE-Doc, damn thats sad.

After the experience of ‘Syrup’ (as was pointed out to me), I think we need to get another reputable HT Doctor to reproduce this process before we get too excited.