Dr. Cole and Acell FUE Healing :-)

Acell Sceptic Dr. Cole has recently posted an interesting observation he had while using Acell with FUE procedure.

Quote : "I find this interesting. This is another FUE extraction site treated with ACEll in a hyaluronic acid mixture after 5 weeks. It is still too early to tell if the hair might regrow in the extraction site though I have seen this. It does appear that a single hair is forming in the extraction site, which appear as a black nub. What is interesting is the appearance of a capillary in the skin. These are usually missing following FUE and help lead to the loss of pigment in the extraction site. I’ve done enough FUE to spot extraction sites anytime I look at a donor area even when no hypopigmentation occurs. It is an observation based on experience with FUE. With this donor area, I could not find any evidence that FUE was performed. The red circle is where I would expect a follicular unit to be. The entire donor area looked like this. The black circle is 10 sq mm.

The long hair after 5 weeks is a result of a completely non-shaven procedure of 1464 grafts. I call this C2G. It is still to early to say for sure because I need more results, but this is an example of what I have seen in donor areas treated fully with ACELL with my method of FUE where I use minimal depth control. The initial problem was treating all the extraction sites with a powder. I overcame this with mixing it in a viscous hyaluronic acid. More recently I have been mixing in a more viscous cellulose. I have a few comparative examples where I am looking at powder, hyaluronic acid, and cellulose. Time will hopefully tell. I think the minimal depth incision technique along with Acell may result in better healing than a full depth incision. Maybe we will see more hair regrowth over time. Maybe not. Still no one could comb through this donor area and find any evidence that a hair transplant had been done. It appears that we really are coming full circle today. Not only have we produced optimal results in the recipient area such that you cannot tell that a hair transplant has been done. Even the trained eye cannot see evidence that a hair transplant was done in the donor area. Still we need more results to confirm that such results will be consistent. "

Interesting, he also backs it up with a picture of a regrown hair or at least a hair in the making.

Its nice to see, that some sceptics are finally going for the extra mile

So it seems even with regular FUE in combination with Acell there is a “higher” chance of regrow. Iam not saying guaranteed, i say higher chance

Out of curiosity, I went to his website and just had time to “skim” his section about Acell. This was his last paragraph in the article:

Now, if I have ruffled some feathers, I apologize. Before any of you jump off a cliff, I want you to consider this. I know more about this material than any person in this group. You all need to stop criticizing me and start thinking. If you want me to continue being a fly on the wall in this group I will. If you want to kick me out, that’s fine. I would discourage the later however simply because I learn from what you say. Like it or not, I will make your procedure better over time by harvesting your information.

This guy seems like he has an unbelievable ego.

» Acell Sceptic Dr. Cole has recently posted an interesting observation he
» had while using Acell with FUE procedure.
»
» Quote : "I find this interesting. This is another FUE extraction site
» treated with ACEll in a hyaluronic acid mixture after 5 weeks. It is still
» too early to tell if the hair might regrow in the extraction site though I
» have seen this. It does appear that a single hair is forming in the
» extraction site, which appear as a black nub. What is interesting is the
» appearance of a capillary in the skin. These are usually missing following
» FUE and help lead to the loss of pigment in the extraction site. I’ve done
» enough FUE to spot extraction sites anytime I look at a donor area even
» when no hypopigmentation occurs. It is an observation based on experience
» with FUE. With this donor area, I could not find any evidence that FUE was
» performed. The red circle is where I would expect a follicular unit to be.
» The entire donor area looked like this. The black circle is 10 sq mm.
»
» The long hair after 5 weeks is a result of a completely non-shaven
» procedure of 1464 grafts. I call this C2G. It is still to early to say for
» sure because I need more results, but this is an example of what I have
» seen in donor areas treated fully with ACELL with my method of FUE where I
» use minimal depth control. The initial problem was treating all the
» extraction sites with a powder. I overcame this with mixing it in a viscous
» hyaluronic acid. More recently I have been mixing in a more viscous
» cellulose. I have a few comparative examples where I am looking at powder,
» hyaluronic acid, and cellulose. Time will hopefully tell. I think the
» minimal depth incision technique along with Acell may result in better
» healing than a full depth incision. Maybe we will see more hair regrowth
» over time. Maybe not. Still no one could comb through this donor area and
» find any evidence that a hair transplant had been done. It appears that we
» really are coming full circle today. Not only have we produced optimal
» results in the recipient area such that you cannot tell that a hair
» transplant has been done. Even the trained eye cannot see evidence that a
» hair transplant was done in the donor area. Still we need more results to
» confirm that such results will be consistent.
"
»
» Interesting, he also backs it up with a picture of a regrown hair or at
» least a hair in the making.
»
» Its nice to see, that some sceptics are finally going for the extra mile
»
»
»

»
» So it seems even with regular FUE in combination with Acell there is a
» “higher” chance of regrow. Iam not saying guaranteed, i say higher chance

Let’s please not let Iron Man destroy yet another thread… i sincerely request everyone to simply ignore his rants and get back on topic… he hopefully will get bored eventually…

I really think this is an interesting point and i greatly respect Dr. Cole for his willingness to admit progress even if it damages his initial stance. He seems to be back pedaling on his original skepticism which shows that he is sincerely trying to be objective and may have cast some misjudgment. As long as he is eager in knowing the truth and not simply discredit others this is absolutely justified. I hope for the benefit of us all, that he can further confirm Hitzig and Cooley’s findings.

» » Acell Sceptic Dr. Cole has recently posted an interesting observation he
» » had while using Acell with FUE procedure.
» »
» » Quote : "I find this interesting. This is another FUE extraction site
» » treated with ACEll in a hyaluronic acid mixture after 5 weeks. It is
» still
» » too early to tell if the hair might regrow in the extraction site though
» I
» » have seen this. It does appear that a single hair is forming in the
» » extraction site, which appear as a black nub. What is interesting is the
» » appearance of a capillary in the skin. These are usually missing
» following
» » FUE and help lead to the loss of pigment in the extraction site. I’ve
» done
» » enough FUE to spot extraction sites anytime I look at a donor area even
» » when no hypopigmentation occurs. It is an observation based on
» experience
» » with FUE. With this donor area, I could not find any evidence that FUE
» was
» » performed. The red circle is where I would expect a follicular unit to
» be.
» » The entire donor area looked like this. The black circle is 10 sq mm.
» »
» » The long hair after 5 weeks is a result of a completely non-shaven
» » procedure of 1464 grafts. I call this C2G. It is still to early to say
» for
» » sure because I need more results, but this is an example of what I have
» » seen in donor areas treated fully with ACELL with my method of FUE where
» I
» » use minimal depth control. The initial problem was treating all the
» » extraction sites with a powder. I overcame this with mixing it in a
» viscous
» » hyaluronic acid. More recently I have been mixing in a more viscous
» » cellulose. I have a few comparative examples where I am looking at
» powder,
» » hyaluronic acid, and cellulose. Time will hopefully tell. I think the
» » minimal depth incision technique along with Acell may result in better
» » healing than a full depth incision. Maybe we will see more hair regrowth
» » over time. Maybe not. Still no one could comb through this donor area
» and
» » find any evidence that a hair transplant had been done. It appears that
» we
» » really are coming full circle today. Not only have we produced optimal
» » results in the recipient area such that you cannot tell that a hair
» » transplant has been done. Even the trained eye cannot see evidence that
» a
» » hair transplant was done in the donor area. Still we need more results
» to
» » confirm that such results will be consistent.
"
» »
» » Interesting, he also backs it up with a picture of a regrown hair or at
» » least a hair in the making.
» »
» » Its nice to see, that some sceptics are finally going for the extra mile
» »
» »
» »

» »
» » So it seems even with regular FUE in combination with Acell there is a
» » “higher” chance of regrow. Iam not saying guaranteed, i say higher
» chance
»
» Let’s please not let Iron Man destroy yet another thread… i sincerely
» request everyone to simply ignore his rants and get back on topic… he
» hopefully will get bored eventually…
»
» I really think this is an interesting point and i greatly respect Dr. Cole
» for his willingness to admit progress even if it damages his initial
» stance. He seems to be back pedaling on his original skepticism which shows
» that he is sincerely trying to be objective and may have cast some
» misjudgment. As long as he is eager in knowing the truth and not simply
» discredit others this is absolutely justified. I hope for the benefit of us
» all, that he can further confirm Hitzig and Cooley’s findings.

Is this basically a Dr. Gho treatment? i.e. a part of the hair follicle with stem cells is left intact which means you get the donor region to regrow?

Only difference is that Acell is used? Can someone correct me if im wrong

Thats nice somebody in the hair transplant forum also posted this. This is a good sign, it seems that more and more people are getting more interested in new treatments which can really provide endless donor and also are not on ly an illusion instead of a natural head full of hair.

Of Course Dr Cole has an ego like i dont know, but at least he is trying Acell even if he is a sceptic. Thats the best thing that can happen to hairloss sufferers, that other docs are experimenting with Acell and the possible Infinite Donor Idea.

@Khalil : In theory its like Ghos technique but to be honest i never saw any close ups like this from Gho himself published, so i say what Cole is trying to do or what he witnessed was another Hitzig/Cooley idea or redefine this approach.

As you can see iam not that sceptic when it comes to Acell and Infinite Donor BUT iam more then sceptic when it comes to Gho´s claims. Because we, or at least the majority of mesage board user worldwide did never see any donor close ups or whatsoever.

Iron Man once told everyone here he had those pictures, but as always he couldnt come up with just ONE where right now other docs are coming up with fotos.

» Iron Man once told everyone here he had those pictures, but as always he
» couldnt come up with just ONE where right now other docs are coming up with
» fotos.

The only one who always asked the same stupid BS concerning “Gho-Patient-Photos” was “Leeroy.Jenkins”. But Leeroy.Jenkins is BANNED. And now he comes up as “Stevie.Dee”, and guess what: he still comes up with the same BS!

» » Iron Man once told everyone here he had those pictures, but as always he
» » couldnt come up with just ONE where right now other docs are coming up
» with
» » fotos.
»
» The only one who always asked the same stupid BS concerning
» “Gho-Patient-Photos” was “Leeroy.Jenkins”. But Leeroy.Jenkins is
» BANNED
. And now he comes up as “Stevie.Dee”, and guess what: he still
» comes up with the same BS!

Simple reason for that, iam interested in REAL hairloss solutions and you keep on brown nosing Gho all the time even if his whole operation looks more then just sc*mmish.

Also you claimed to posses a lot of fotos BUT you never showed them whereas other docs did in fact show some fotos.

So Gho fails to deliver what he promises all the time, you know its tsrange when even someone like Dr Cole can come up as a sceptic with a foto regarding hair regrow in the donor area. Where are Ghos pictures, thats not a matter of bad marketing, if anyone had a solution for infinite donor, he would go ape crazy and post this news everywhere with fotos and full coverage.

And what does Gho do? Oh yes he uses some celebs for advertising on his homepage. Well thats as low as it can gets. Also some german user got a call from some hasci employee and it seems this employee did in fact say

"Yes and No there is NOT UNLIMITED Donor regrown and therefore no chance to do this procedure again and again and again, because only 80 to 100% regrow.

The missing 20% are too much to risk actually, i prefere plucking with only 60% rather then “Gho” because in Ghos case, whats gone is gone forever with no coming back, where with plucking and Acell those under Ghos hands lost grafts/hairs could be saved.

And whats more interesting NO USERS ON MESSAGE BOARDS who had their transplant done bei Gho so far. Dont tell me they keep it silent because :

1. Gho didnt advertise, so this means he lives from mouth to mouth propaganda like those in message boards. That means active users who asked questions, but there are almost non existent Gho patients to find at message boards.

2. You seem to be the only person HairRobinHood , Nightwalker to cheer up Gho where other naysayer or sceptics are beginning to “praise” approaches with Acell.

So case is obvious closed for Gho, as long, as he can come up with something groudnbreaking.

You see people are more psyched and happy about ONE SINGLE REGROWN GRAFT/HAIR rather then all the things Gho keeps promising and fails to deliver.

And another proof is very simple. Its yourself because you havent had a Gho transplant so far nor do you go for one.

Its not Leeroy.Jenkins who asked questions about Gho, well its the whole baldie community, but you cant see this because your nose is wide up Ghos As*.

And so far, its funny that even the worst of those Acell Plucking pictures looks way better then Ghos 1400 “hair multiplication” after 9 to 12 month fotos.

LEEROY.JENKINS, you can post whatever you want …

1. Nobody is reading your crap;

2. You ARE just a loser from Germany, like hairman2 and matigol.

You can post whatever you want - nothing will change!

» LEEROY.JENKINS, you can post whatever you want …
»
» 1) Nobody is reading your crap;
»
» 2) You ARE just a loser from Germany, like hairman2 and matigol.
»
» You can post whatever you want - nothing will change!

Sorry people are actually reading my stuff and thie Dr Cole article has also found his was to the hair transplant sub forum.

It seems aside from rants and insulting people you never accomplished anything here.

Besides, you are reading my crap, cause you are the first response :stuck_out_tongue:

You can repeat loser as much as you like but it wont happen. I consider myself not a loser because my head is virgin with all the possibilities which may come pretty soon.

But you on the other hand, well you are screwed with that much scar tissue in both recipient and donor side, so you wanna keep people depressed because you are depressed and cannot stand that some of the sceptics here, who havent had a botched transplant could actually provide and benefit from those new treatments in the pipeline or already performed in small scales.

I will be really happy when all the people you wanna have banned, get their hair back with NO scars and to full density forever. Where you have to hope to get something useful with all this old and grumpy scar tissue.

We will see,maybe one day we will all look at this message board here and the only person still rumbling and ranting will be you

» We will see,maybe one day we will all look at this message board here and
» the only person still rumbling and ranting will be you

Yea, and you and hairman2 and matigol will still have LOTS OF “other problems” anyway - THAT’S for sure: once a loser, always a loser. Concerning matigol: once a psycho, always a psycho. Concerning hairman2: once a brick, always a brick. Sorry, that’s mother nature’s rule …

» » We will see,maybe one day we will all look at this message board here
» and
» » the only person still rumbling and ranting will be you
»
» Yea, and you and hairman2 and matigol will still have LOTS OF “other
» problems” anyway - THAT’S for sure: once a loser, always a loser.
» Concerning matigol: once a psycho, always a psycho. Concerning hairman2:
» once a brick, always a brick. Sorry, that’s mother nature’s rule …

The only problem right now is actually that my day has only 24 hours instead of 48, so much work to do and so less time.

You didnt mean brick you menat prick, there is a difference. And i dont think so because why could i talk to him in a grown up way?

Mother natures only role is, that you will never put your gene in the gene pool thats for sure. Even if you still keep cruising with your strange 80s car

» The only problem right now is …

… that you guys, Steve.Dee, hairman2 and matigol are still NOT BANNED!

» » The only problem right now is …
»
» … that you guys, Steve.Dee, hairman2 and matigol are still
» NOT BANNED!

you forgot about googoo and Freddie555 shame on you :slight_smile: so full of dick cheese

It seems that Dr Cole is very enthusiastic about Acell and its huge potential to stop hairloss etc.

Thats what he wrote : "A full depth incision would be from the surface of the skin to below the bulb. In a recent morphometry study done by Paco Jimenez, he found the distance from the surface of the skin to the base of the hair bulb was 4.156 mm +/- 0.439 mm. Thus a full depth incision around a follicle would be more than 4.156 mm deep on average. Paco goes on to say that most of the stem cells are primarily located between 1 mm deep and 1.8 mm deep or roughly the length of the isthmus of the hair follicle based on the well known bluge stem cell marker CK15. A minimal depth incision would be only as deep as necessary to extract a full intact hair follicle. I avoid plucking hair follicles and I certainly do not like to amputate them.
When I extract a full intact hair follicle, I ease it out. I do not cut around it and remove it. Easing the follicle out means that bits and pieces of the dermal sheath are left behind in the dermis and adipose. These bits and pieces leave potential stem cells behind. These stem cells have the potential to create new hair follicles.

When you ask Acell to do little things, it is possible that it will. When you ask it to do something on a large scale such as regrow an entire arm, you are not going to see it. I’m asking Acell to regenerate a tiny portion of dermis and epidermis. We are seeing that Acell can do this. We are also hoping that it will continue to be successful in promoting follicle stem cell neogenesis. To me the latter is not as likely as.

What we are seeing here is the formation of capillaries that are not usually seen following extraction of intact follicular units even with my minimal depth approach. My theory was that with the loss of the hair follicles, the body did not need to regenerate the capillaries. We also saw a decrease in pigmentation of the skin in many individuals following the removal of scalp hair follicles. With Acell we are seeing normal pigmentation and the formation of capillaries. In other words, it looks like normal skin. It is very exciting to me. In my opinion, the positive results we are getting with Acell are simply one more nail in the coffin for strip surgery. "

Unfortunatel some years to late for Butcher Victim Iron Man :slight_smile: but this is in fact really exiting.

Lets hope that also other surgeons are jumping on the Acell train.

And once agan i cay one thing

Thank You Dr Cooley and Dr Hitzig for being pioneers

WHat do you guys think about it? It seems that its getting more and more interesting. Also even if there would b no new follicles, a Histogen treatment COULD work because its not dead and empty skin, its actually normal skin with blood vessels etc.

Lets hope once again that a lot of other ht docs out there are jumping this train, to see what we can expect in the future.

Also i was very impressed by the statement about Acell being another nail in the cofin of strip surgery

Stopped raving, I think that Dr. Cole is a good hair transplant but does not change his mind overnight. He criticized ACELL and now is happiness!
The sceptissisme still required, sorry for you.
Be careful, industry hair transplant industry is very fertile and they are ready to make us believe that we will find our hair teenager, it was only a joke.
It has been several years since we were talking about Acell and nothing has been proven.
Show us someone who overnight pass bald scalp and I will think otherwise.
Écouter
Lire phonétiquement

» Stopped raving, I think that Dr. Cole is a good hair transplant but does
» not change his mind overnight. He criticized ACELL and now is happiness!
» The sceptissisme still required, sorry for you.
» Be careful, industry hair transplant industry is very fertile and they are
» ready to make us believe that we will find our hair teenager, it was only a
» joke.
» It has been several years since we were talking about Acell and nothing has
» been proven.
» Show us someone who overnight pass bald scalp and I will think otherwise.
» Écouter
» Lire phonétiquement

Yes he is sceptical about plucking but otherwise he seems pretty encouraged and enthusiastic about Acell in combination with traditional hair transplant.

He also admits the possibility of hairmultiplication which i actually never expected him to admit

» WHat do you guys think about it? It seems that its getting more and more
» interesting. Also even if there would b no new follicles, a Histogen
» treatment COULD work because its not dead and empty skin, its actually
» normal skin with blood vessels etc.
»
» Lets hope once again that a lot of other ht docs out there are jumping this
» train, to see what we can expect in the future.
»
» Also i was very impressed by the statement about Acell being another nail
» in the cofin of strip surgery

what astonishes me most is that this is coming from Dr. Cole! An outspoken skeptic of this treatment!

What i dont udnerstand however is what the pictures are trying to show… you can see a tiny bulb of hair under the skin… but why are the left and right picture absolutely identical? Wouldn’t one of the pictures have sufficed?

agree hairman2 : first i was like well this are obvious the same pictures. And to be honest i dont know why he used the same pictures :slight_smile: yes i dont know.

But i was a little bit overwhelmed because one of THE most sceptic Acell people who wrote essys some weeks ago, are now more enthusiastic about acell then some of us baldies here.

I think we need more evidence for multiplication of hair acell. stop taking us for pigeons!!
I feel that we attract a lot of doctor with Acell, but the results do not match
For information, in europe we read your comments on ACELL because in europe the doctors can not use it. is prohibited. So far it works before considering a trip to the united states