Dr.Carl Bazan

I went to Dr. Carl Bazan for a hair transplant in 2004. Before the procedure was completed the anesthetic wore off and my head was in severe pain for about the last hour. Three girls worked on me and I asked them over and over to call for Dr. Bazan, but he never came. Dr. Bazan blamed the girls. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt because I like him and I was naive at that time. I became a lot wiser conserning Dr. Bazan when I went to him for a face lift last year. I was told that if I needed anything , to call. When I did, he would not return my call. I had some serious concerns about my procedure and tried to contact him for a week, but he ignored me. Even when I came to his clinic in person, he would not talk to me. I heard him in the room right behind me, talking about me, but he would not come out. Bazan puts on a good show at first, but later after he has your money and when you need him, he doesn’t want to be bothered. I realize now that the girls that did my hair transplant were not at fault. Dr. Bazan was responsible to supervise the procedure, but he was unavailable. He reprimanded the girls until he made them cry. What could they say? He was their employer. What Dr.Bazan demonstrated to me was the sense of moral responsibility of a three year old boy. In my opinion, he’s a poor excuse for a man, much less a doctor.

This is what I don’t understand. You had a bad experience with him the first time and you decided to go back to him anyway for a facelift ? If some bs doctor did me wrong the first time, i would run as fast as I could, you cant pay me enough to go back to the same doctor a 2nd time so that he can mess me up again.

What you say is true, but hindsight is 20/20. I was naive because I liked him and I beleived in him. You forgive some things if you think at the time they are honest mistakes. Sometimes it takes a while to really know somebody. I won’t be back again, I’ve learned my lesson now.

You never said a word about your hair transplant. What was the problem? Did the grafts not grow? Can you post pics?

I try to make the post relevant and not too long. If I sent you a picture and my hair looked good would you go to the doctor even if he was a psycho? I wasn’t unhappy with the way my hair looked. I’ve had a lot of experience with Dr. Bazan and the more experience I had with him, the more things went wrong. I had an S-lift done by him and he told me that he was saving the hairs from my beard so that he would transplant them to my scalp. He told me to be at his clinic at 8:00 in the morning. When I arrived I learned that he had left that morning on a flight to Utah and had no intention of being in the office. Furthermore he lied about transplanting the hairs because he never even saved them. He never had any explanation or apology or anything. He just acted like nothing happened. Furthermore, I already talked about in my first post how he ignored me when I had questions and needed help. Is that acceptable? Aren’t there other doctors that can make your hair look good and still treat you with respect? To answer your question, my hair looks fine. I consider myself lucky that his nutty behaviour didn’t lead to worse consecuences. I won’t be back.

So you are happy with the transplant but you are not happy with the way he treated you. Well, count your blessings. At least your hair is fine. Many people paid a lot of money to get butchered. How many grafts did you have? Was that a strip or fue you had with him?

If you honestly read any of his post, you clearly see he is not dealing with a full deck. At least that has been my observation.

» I try to make the post relevant and not too long. If I sent you a picture
» and my hair looked good would you go to the doctor even if he was a
» psycho? I wasn’t unhappy with the way my hair looked. I’ve had a lot of
» experience with Dr. Bazan and the more experience I had with him, the more
» things went wrong. I had an S-lift done by him and he told me that he was
» saving the hairs from my beard so that he would transplant them to my
» scalp. He told me to be at his clinic at 8:00 in the morning. When I
» arrived I learned that he had left that morning on a flight to Utah and
» had no intention of being in the office. Furthermore he lied about
» transplanting the hairs because he never even saved them. He never had any
» explanation or apology or anything. He just acted like nothing happened.
» Furthermore, I already talked about in my first post how he ignored me
» when I had questions and needed help. Is that acceptable? Aren’t there
» other doctors that can make your hair look good and still treat you with
» respect? To answer your question, my hair looks fine. I consider myself
» lucky that his nutty behaviour didn’t lead to worse consecuences. I won’t
» be back.

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

So true John. I had about 1700 grafts and this was six months after I had 3000 grafts done by Dr. Robert Jones in Canada. My picture is on Bazan’s website. I’m the first one, I guess the feature. I had a strip transplant in both cases although bazan falsely claims it as an FUE on the site.

I agree with you Redman, well said.

How many scars do you have? Two? One from Bazan and one from Jones or did Bazan took out the first scar for you ?

All doctors do the same thing. They go over the older scar, so that you always have only one scar, no matter how many transplants you have done.

It’s not about hair, but if anyone’s interested, I’ve posted some more comments about my experience with Dr. Bazan on the forum at facialplasticsurgery.net

» It’s not about hair, but if anyone’s interested, I’ve posted some more
» comments about my experience with Dr. Bazan on the forum at
» facialplasticsurgery.net

BTW my post was not clear. I meant to say Dr. Bazan does not seem to be dealing with a full deck, at least judging from some of his prior postings.

Does this sound familiar ?

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=28412&mode=full

» Does this sound familiar ?
»
» 抚州灼中影视文化发展公司

LOL, that report sounds pretty good until you look at the photos that the patient posted of Bazan’s work. As it turns out, the patient’s hair looks better than mine did before I started to lose it! Perhaps his result wasn’t perfect, but it appears to be 99.8% perfect.

Interestingly, I see a post above this one with another young guy with great hair that is upset because HT didn’t return his hair to a state of absolute perfection. At some point, as bad as some of these doctors start to sound, you have to start to question whether the patients are being even half-assed realistic or not. More importantly, doctors should know better than to dramatically lower hairlines on young patients who are just starting to bald, so when these patients freak out because their result is only 99.8% perfect and write 100+ page attacks, the doctors really do get what they deserve IMO.

This is not an attack on the poster of the facial surgery above though. I haven’t seen his outcome, and for all I know it is legitmately bad. I am just saying that without pictures, I have no way of knowing if this is just another poster who expected to look like a teenager again and instead ended up looking like an old guy with a face-lift, or if the work performed was legitimately outside the range of what can be considered professional.

Can someone post Dr. Bazan’s website? I can’t find the pics.

Your comments are not dissimilar to several posted about this surgeon.

He is unusual in that he has made numerous claim about revolutionary treatments in hair transplantation as well as cosmetic surgery.

these include claims about aptos threads / experience with hair cloning / research at his institute / person to person transplantation all of which are at odds with current wisdom and have not been supported by science or results.

The comment about “not dealing from the complete deck” seems pretty apt to me.

All in all it seems you did not have terrible damage done by any criteria though. Good luck and move on.

Good point. Thank you. I did read that report, a little bit late, but it helped me clarify some things. I realized reading this report that he hasn’t changed.

You have a good point there James. I’d like to clarify what I actually said. I never said that the results were less than what I expected. I said that I experienced NO IMPROVEMENT WHATSOEVER. This opinion is unanimous among all of my friends and family members. This includes my Mother, Father, Daughter, Sister, Girlfriend and several close friends including somethat have known me for 30 years. Among those that noticed even a slight improvement there are none. Even Dr. Bazan agreed. I sent him four pictures of myself taken at different angles, four months after the procedure. He said that I looked even worse than before. I don’t necessarily think that I look worse, just no different. I’m 47 years old. I’m not 85, where it may be too late or 30 years old and expecting something unrealistic. I’m a prime candidate for this. Furthermore, how can you have different unrelated procedures and see no improvement in any of them. For example, I might have seen 50% improvement in the neck but only 10% in the eyes. This would have made more sense. I can’t help beleive that he didn’t know what he was doing. He told me afterwards, “I don’t understand it” Sure, he doesn’t understand it. That part, I beleive. Again, the improvement is absolutely ZERO, NONE period. Would you want to pay three thousand dollars and go through pain for that?