Dr.Carl Bazan

John, Dr. Bazan’s website is itzan.com

Macro, I appreciate your understanding and support. You are very right and I do realize that things could have been worse. I just felt that I needed to share my experience and then I am moving on. Thanks.

Thank you TopCat

» Would
» you want to pay three thousand dollars and go through pain for that?

Absolutely not. But you must understand that I am extremely weary of cosmetic surgery procedures. I have seen examples of complete nightmares take place where people’s lives have been forever ruined. Movie stars can afford to get the best surgeons on the planet, yet I have seen many cases where they emerge looking like freaks. Cosmetic surgeries are a crap shoot, and I have to be perfectly honest, I would not let anybody cut my face unless I knew that person very well and had seen numerous other patients who had the exact same procedure that I was about to get. If that means I will never get a face lift etc, so be it.

IMO, it is a dirty unregulated business that offers absolutely no guarantees on the outcomes. The doctors expect you to pay even if they turn you into a circus freak. The science behind all of this stuff is way too archaic for me to desire to partake. I hold out high hopes for the future of cosmetic surgery, including wrinkle reduction, skin rejuvination, hair restoration, etc. But IMO, the time is just not right to be jumping in and getting these procedures. I know that sounds bad, but it is the way I feel.

My sister went and got a facelift. I don’t think she needed it at all. Myself, her husband, her daughters et al cannot see any discernable difference in the before and after, but she swears up and down that she looks years younger. Cosmetic surgery has no allure for me right now. I hope to heck it gets good enough in the future to catch my eye though. At-the-moment, the only thing that even remotely interests me is hair multiplication. And there is no guarantee that it will turn out to be worthwhile.

» All doctors do the same thing. They go over the older scar, so that you
» always have only one scar, no matter how many transplants you have done.

Not necessarily true. We have seen MANY patients over the years with “racing stripes” or “zebra stripes” up and down the back and sides of their heads. It is easier for the doctors to just pull a new strip with good density, than to muck around with taking out the old scar, and dealing with the scarred area’s lack of density.
I think this is an awful thing to do, but it’s out there. It usually goes along with something like this: “don’t worry, it will just be a fine white line, like a pencil point, after a while even your hair dresser won’t be abel to find it”.
So don’t think that all docs are going to take the old one out with the new one.

» Would
» you want to pay three thousand dollars and go through pain for that?

I am surprised (unless I am not understanding you), that you paid only $3,000 for a full face lift. Most high level plastic surgeons charge more along the lines of $12,000-20,000 for a face-lift.
I guess one gets what one pays for.

Also, although this is a HAIR forum, anyone who is interested in facial rejuvination procedures really needs to explore modern (not old 80’s and 90’s style) fat-grafting. Volume loss is the key to aging, and stretching the skin over a skelotonized face does not return it to its youthful appearance.
Sydney Coleman is the acnowledged guru of meticulously done fat-grafting (Lipostructure); it appears that the stem calls in the the specially processed fat aspirates may last forever, as they are integrated into the tissues over which they are injected (muscle, periosteum/bone, connective tissue).
This stuff is really exciting, and very expensive. Coleman himself has a number of 10 to 15 year follow-ups that often continue to improve for the first 3 to 5 YEARS. His clinic is in Tribeca, in NYC. The whole concept of volume replacement rather than tightening skin will, I think, revolutionize facial and other cosmetic surgery.

You have friends,family a GIRLFRIEND !!!
Some people are butchered beyond repair & have lost more then thousands of dollars.Be thankful.

Dr Bazan certainly is one of the doctors patients should avoid. There have been numerous unhappy patients of his on the boards.

» » All doctors do the same thing. They go over the older scar, so that you
» » always have only one scar, no matter how many transplants you have
» done.
»
»
» Not necessarily true. We have seen MANY patients over the years with
» “racing stripes” or “zebra stripes” up and down the back and sides of
» their heads. It is easier for the doctors to just pull a new strip with
» good density, than to muck around with taking out the old scar, and
» dealing with the scarred area’s lack of density.
» I think this is an awful thing to do, but it’s out there. It usually goes
» along with something like this: “don’t worry, it will just be a fine white
» line, like a pencil point, after a while even your hair dresser won’t be
» abel to find it”.
» So don’t think that all docs are going to take the old one out with the
» new one.

That’s a good point. I guess you can never really say that ALL doctors do anything. I wasn’t aware of any doctors doing that, but now that you say it, I can see that happening. I would say that it would be a good idea to ask and if the doctor says that he doesn’t go over the old scar, go elsewhere. I’d say that if he’s that unconcerned with the quality of his work, the rest of the procedure would likely be compromised as well. It’s not necessary to have more than one scar.

» You have friends,family a GIRLFRIEND !!!
» Some people are butchered beyond repair & have lost more then thousands of
» dollars.Be thankful.

It’s irrelevant whether I have a girlfriend or not. The purpose of my posts are to share information about a doctor that should be avoided.