Dr. Arvind Poswal gets tricopigmentation done - Dr. A\'s Clinic

Dr. Arvind Poswal gets tricopigmentation done - Dr. A’s Clinic

Dr. Arvind Poswal gets tricopigmentation done. from Arvind poswal on Vimeo.

wow

Is there a second part to this video? What does the tattoo look like now?

Yes, second part of the video will be posted soon.

Dr. Arvind Poswal Tricopigmentation (2 months update video) - Dr. A’s Clinic

Dr. Arvind's Tricopigmentation (2 months update video) from Arvind poswal on Vimeo.

Thanks for doing this test.

My observations :-

-Dot’s are not all the same size.

-Dot’s are not all spaced equally apart.

-Dot’s are different shades and color, especially the middle section having a reddish hue.

The ones in the middle are supposed to be a different color.

This looks pretty bad to me. It looks like a tatoo.

What is the purpose of the video?

Dear readers and fellow ht doctors,
After having the tricopigmetation tattoo done on my arm, I received a lot of queries from friends, dermatologists and patients. I made a short list of the main queries. I was amazed that many of those queries did not even feature on the forums. But they are real queries that I feel I can answer based on my personal experience.

I will list some of the queries and post pictures. I was surprised myself when I saw the progress in a zoomed in version myself. Its amazing.

Please do share, like other posters in this thread, I too am confused why you are putting the videos up, what are you trying to prove or disprove??

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]
After having the tricopigmetation tattoo done on my arm, I received a lot of queries from friends, dermatologists and patients. I made a short list of the main queries. I was amazed that many of those queries did not even feature on the forums. But they are real queries that I feel I can answer based on my personal experience.

I will list some of the queries and post pictures. I was surprised myself when I saw the progress in a zoomed in version myself. Its amazing.[/quote]

I am pretty sure you are dealing with a more sophisticated crowd here and that’s why you are not getting that many questions from the forum, let me take a wild guess about the type of questions you have received,

1. is it painful? To me, I don’t care and I think others feel the same too, I am sure it is less painful than getting a strip hair transplant,

2. did you bleed? yes but not as bad as a hair transplant, I have seen pictures posted here that there is minor bleeding so I already know what it looks like after the surgery.

3. when can you return to work? approx 1-2 week or even sooner depending on how much work you are getting done.

4. post op care? minimal, maybe pain killer if necessary, and anti biotics if worried about infection. Not much different from a regular hair transplant.

5. bandages? not necessary,

6. maintenance? We already know it is temporary so yes of course we have to go back for touch up.

7. Can I get a hair transplant later? of course, it is temporary so why not?

8. is the ink safe? well nobody really knows for sure what the ink will do to our body long term.

9. How does the ink disappear? it has been discussed over and over again in the forum the truth is that nobody really knows for sure.

10. cost? depends on how big an area and where in the world you are getting the work done.

Have I missed any?

I will list some of the queries and post pictures. I was surprised myself when I saw the progress in a zoomed in version myself. Its amazing.

[postedby]Originally Posted by NeverAgain[/postedby]

I am pretty sure you are dealing with a more sophisticated crowd here and that’s why you are not getting that many questions from the forum, let me take a wild guess about the type of questions you have received,

1. is it painful? To me, I don’t care and I think others feel the same too, I am sure it is less painful than getting a strip hair transplant,

2. did you bleed? yes but not as bad as a hair transplant, I have seen pictures posted here that there is minor bleeding so I already know what it looks like after the surgery.

3. when can you return to work? approx 1-2 week or even sooner depending on how much work you are getting done.

4. post op care? minimal, maybe pain killer if necessary, and anti biotics if worried about infection. Not much different from a regular hair transplant.

6. maintenance? We already know it is temporary so yes of course we have to go back for touch up.

8. is the ink safe? well nobody really knows for sure what the ink will do to our body long term.

9. How does the ink disappear? it has been discussed over and over again in the forum the truth is that nobody really knows for sure.

10. cost? depends on how big an area and where in the world you are getting the work done.

Have I missed any?[/quote]

Yes, you have missed some crucial ones and most of the answers that you gave are wrong.

Dr. Arvind you forgot to post the list and the photos.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by HMorHT[/postedby]
Dr. Arvind you forgot to post the list and the photos.[/quote]
Hi,
I have not forgotten.
Its sunday. If I spend too much time today on here, my wife will get angry :slight_smile:
I will do it over the next week.
Regards,
Dr. A

can someone tell me again what is the difference between SMP and tricopigmentation?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by ipod[/postedby]
can someone tell me again what is the difference between SMP and tricopigmentation?[/quote]

Refer to the following thread to understand differences between various types of SMPs and refined tricopigmentation
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-128112.html

Some of the readers have asked what specific purpose I started this thread for.

1. First and foremost is for transparent documentation. Even though I had seen patients in whom the pigments disappeared entirely without any trace, I felt it is necessary to document it in a clearly visible area and on a regular basis.

2. To highlight the difference between pictures and video. Documentation for tricopigmentation will require different standards than for hair transplants.

3. While disappearing will the pigment change color as regular tattoo color does.

4. While disappearing will the color/pigment “bleed”/leak out into the surrounding area like regular tattoo color does.

Those are some important questions asked by esteemed doctors whom I hold in high regard.

These are the questions that were not being asked at all and the video and pictures on this thread are aimed to document the same.

Regards,
Dr. A

[postedby]Originally Posted by NeverAgain[/postedby]

Have I missed any?[/quote]

Your questions and answers surprised me. All the more reason that education about SMP and different types of tricopigmentation be imparted.

1. is it painful? If you see the first video, saying its much less painful compared to strip is a misleading comparison. It is much less painful than a regular tattoo. I personally do not like pain and was apprehensive. But I was pleasantly surprised how painless it was.

2. did you bleed? Bleeding is a big NO. Because if there is any blood coming out it is most likely that the pigment inserted will come out with the blood. That is why tricopigmentation and transplant can not be done on the same area simultaneously. The options are - a) Do tricopigmentation 30 days before HT or b) do tricopigmentation a few months after HT (when the skin redness and inflammation has subsided)

3. when can you return to work? You can go back to work the moment you leave the clinic. Not one week, not one day not 1 hour.

4. post op care? Very different from hair transplant and not minimal. Do not shampoo on that day. Use mild shampoos. Do not use acidic pH products on scalp. The more you expose to ultraviolet light (shaven head and sunbathing), the faster the pigment will disappear. The more you expose to chlorine treated water (swimming pool), the faster the pigment will disappear.
    Excessive perspiration, sauna, turkish baths etc will all lead to faster disappearance of the pigment.

5. bandages? Why, not required.

6. maintenance? We already know it is temporary so yes of course we have to go back for touch up. But a clarification. If you decide not to invest more money in tricopigmentation, you just stop. The pigment will disappear. Unlike HT, where if you get a hair transplant and lose more hair, the situation may look unnatural and you will need to go for further HT.

I answered this above

8. is the ink safe? Unlike what the rumor mongers are saying, the pigments are actually tested and approved by competent regulatory bodies as being safe and I have seen the documents and also have copy of them. However, on request of Milena Lardi/beauty Medical, I have left it to them to post these documents.

a) Wrong - The pigment particles are enveloped by macrophages that take them to the lymph node.
    b) Contextualy wrong because, even in permanent pigments, the smaller particles are similarly disposed off by the macrophages (that is the reason the color of the tattoo changes). If readers wish I can elaborate on this further and those who have got tattoos done can vouch for it.

Regards,
Dr. A
P.S. - When I talk about tricopigmentation, I am referring to the technique, pigments and instrumentation of Milena Lardi/Beauty Medical. These do not apply to other companies.

Dr Arvind, You seem to have taken the opportunity to be the English speaking voice of Milena Lardi and benefiting not only through your own practice but through Licensee sales…

http://fusehair.com/hair-pigmentation/

Tricopigmentation Sub Licensee (Exclusive) :
Please fill in the below form and we will contact you shortly with more information. (Please note that non doctors are also eligible for training & sub licence )

1. First and foremost is for transparent documentation. [/quote]

and yet…

8. is the ink safe? Unlike what the rumor mongers are saying, the pigments are actually tested and approved by competent regulatory bodies as being safe and I have seen the documents and also have copy of them. However, on request of Milena Lardi/beauty Medical, I have left it to them to post these documents. [/quote]

Trust me I’m a doctor huh.

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]

1. First and foremost is for transparent documentation.

[postedby]Originally Posted by ObamamanIsStevieDee[/postedby]

and yet…

[postedby]Originally Posted by Dr. Arvind[/postedby]
8. is the ink safe? Unlike what the rumor mongers are saying, the pigments are actually tested and approved by competent regulatory bodies as being safe and I have seen the documents and also have copy of them. However, on request of Milena Lardi/beauty Medical, I have left it to them to post these documents.

[postedby]Originally Posted by ObamamanIsStevieDee[/postedby]

Trust me I’m a doctor huh.[/quote]

Its not that way. They have the right to post the content of the documents. Its their intellectual property.

Regards,
Dr. A