Don\'t think you need hair?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

jjb has trouble with the subtleties of critical thinking and logic.[/quote]

By way of critical thinking and logic almost every poster at every hair website has figured out that Pilox is snake oil. But needhairasap is still pining for it. Here is a recent post by needhairasap in which he states his intention to buy the obvious snake-oil product called Pilox for $900. This is needhairasap’s critical-thnking and logic on display for all to see.

March 9 2015 - “changed my mind. I’m buying it. I’ll give any israelite $900 upon save arrival of my pilox set in the usa”

LOL! I love it.

Hey needhairasap, Why pay $900 for snake-oil Pilox? I have pilox for you for only $850. I will satisfy your snake oil needs for $50 less than the competition will.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
Good looks make a difference in life. Deal.

Practically all the research ever done on the subject backs it up.[/quote]

Cal you are absolutely right. Don’t waste time on NeverAgain because he’s either a troll or he’s unintelligent.

I’m about y classes from a bachelors degree. I dropped out of college a few decades ago because bald/disfigurement was screwing with my concentration and retention. I went from being an excellent student to an average student, and decided I had to drop out before I started failing classes.

I was majoring in social work and social work is 2nd cousin to sociology. I had to take quite a few sociology classes. Trust me, you are correct. I have seen many many studies on the issue of attractiveness and every study I saw demonstrated that attractiveness is a huge factor in the quality of life. And in all the studies I saw I did not see one that contradicted that notion.

• Attractiveness gets you more and better mates.

• Attractive people are more desired as employees and affects employment decisions.

• Attractive defendants are less likely to be found guilty, and if they are found guilty they are more likely to get a softer sentence.

Cal, In every aspect of life, where you need favorable decisions by other people, you are better off if you are attractive. I’ll give you a few examples below:

Savage barbarian terrorists have figured out that women are motivated by men’s attractiveness but some men who call themselves sophisticated at these hair loss fori can’t figure it out. What a laugh! Of course we ALL know that women want attractive men - that is why we want hair.

Well yeah. Casey Anthony also gets a lot of love.

Humans have all kinds of wonky wiring, what can we really do about it?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by AndrogenEater[/postedby]
Well yeah. Casey Anthony also gets a lot of love.

Humans have all kinds of wonky wiring, what can we really do about it?[/quote]

LOL! Nobody ever said you should re-wire humans. The article just shows the significance of attractiveness/hair and why we need to recover our hair. Terrorists can get more attractive women than we can. That’s the point.

I also recently came across an old article online that said that Tim McVeigh was getting bags of love letters while he was on death row. He had a full head of hair. His partner, Terry Nichols, did not get love letters in jail and he was missing hair.

It aint just the attractive hairy male ISIS terrorists and Oklahoma City Bomber who get love from the gals because he’s cute with a bunch of hair. It’s the Boston Bombing terrorist too.

I like how the one woman in the interview says that when she “gets upset she looks at his picture and calms down.” It is the soothing effect of “emoting” that is calming her down. Remember that I said that studies have shown that male attractiveness makes women emote. That is why it calms her down to look at him.

Here is another story about it:

See how the women talk about him being “attractive.” And see how one gal said she is in love with him. She doesn’t know him at all so she can’t be in love with anything about his character or personality. She is in love with how he looks - that means that his attractiveness is making her feel love for him. And look how these women want to find him innocent just because they like the way he looks. LOL!!!

Hate to say it, but you do have a point about McVeigh and Nichols.

That said, this thread doesn’t really belong on this forum. You’ve made your point.

Yea, let’s just let this thread sink to the bottom. It was at the bottom for a long time but then someone drug it back to the top. It wasn’t me.

I initially started the thread months ago and it sunk to the bottom but then I think someone was bugged by the implications of my point and so that poster decided to refute my original point.

I would just as soon see this thread sink down to the bottom again. Anyone with any sense knows what’s up with women and men’s hair so we need to move on from this thread and get back to talking about making hair grow.

I see a number of potential treatments on the near-term horizon. Does anyone else see potential near-term treatments?

Women are very often attracted to bad boys or criminals, there are many women who are engaged to prisoners.

Do a google image search of the two OKC bombers.

McVeigh was always treated as the guiltiest man which implies him being the Alpha-dog of the operation. He was young, fit, and ex-military. He had an imposing look in general. He was the star of that show.

Terry Nichols was a middle-aged guy wearing glasses who basically looked like the nerd in the group. And he still had most of his hair, at least at the time that all happened. He only looked “balding” by the NW1-obsessed standards of the MPB community.

…not for my other posts establishing that male attractiveness and hair are an issue in play in these situations. Here let me post these links again:

https://intro2psych.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/how-the-brain-reacts-to-attractiveness/

You see guys I didn’t post links to stories about women liking attractive terrorists in a vacuum. I posted those links along with other links that should all be contemplated collectively.

And here again, is a study abstract indicating that whether or not her man is attractive can affect her sexual climax.

Roger it appears that I have not made my point yet. Some posters think that women are actually loving terrorist murderers because they’re bad-boys rather than because those terrorists happen to be attractive. I would point out that these terrorists are NOT merely bad boys. They’re cold blooded killers. Those women view attractive terrorists better than they are because their attractiveness creates a halo effect. Scientists refer to this effect as male attractiveness makes women emote. The bad boy thing may add some intrigue to a man if he’s kind of bad but cold blooded killings go far beyond kind of bad.

Cal and Craig, here are two more articles you guys might find interesting. These articles show that whether or not your attractive decides not just how people feel about you, but also how they feel about the things you say and do. And this goes to my point that women who support attractive terrorists are doing so because they’re moved emotionally by the terrorists attractiveness rather than because they’re turned on by the terrorist’s “bad-boy” image.

On the other hand, there is Prince William, who’s severely balding…

But got himself a great looking wife, Princess Katherine (at least in the opinion of most people – I realize some don’t find her attractive, but she is actually a classically attractive British woman) –

Prince William isn’t a bad boy, but he’s wealthy and has high status… which demonstrates that appearance is not ALL women will go for. I agree that it’s very important, and that this is rare, but hairloss can in fact be trumped by other criteria.

Firstly, you only raised the issue of how women feel about men’s hair loss but there are other life implications to hair loss besides women problems as I’ve proved.

Secondly, on the issue of women and romantic love, hair is more important in the early years when a man and woman are bonding. William had a bunch of hair when they were first falling in love. Are you sure she would have gotten together with William if he had been bald on the day they met?

Also, you yourself make the very good point that this is a rare situation because he’s a prince. I myself am not impressed with all that royalty hullabaloo, but the people of England feel differently and the English woman believes that William is very impressive just because he’s a prince.

Oh and I also think Kate is attractive. I don’t like her teasing William about his hair loss, but she is physically attractive.

Does attractiveness get women?

Absolutely.

Does hair matter in that?

Absolutely.

Does attractiveness get you slightly better treatment all over the place in life? Pretty much any time another human being ever has to make a judgment call about you?

Absolutely.

Was Timothy McVeigh’s NW#1 the reason why he got more fan mail than Terry Nichols’ NW#3?

I doubt it.
Some women just like bad boys.

jarjar, you just don’t get it.

Women find certain physical traits attractive in men and men find certain physical traits attractive in women, because
evolution selected-out being attracted to or not being repulsed by physical traits that were symptoms of poor genetic fitness.

Women find broad shoulders in a man attractive, because those women who had babies with men who had broad shoulders, were more likely
to have broad shouldered sons, and by being broad shouldered, their sons would be better able to swing
clubs and throw spears, making them better at providing food for their women and children and of kicking the crap out of other guys with narrow shoulders.

Men find women with curvy figures attractive, because wider hips are better for child bearing (especially in prehistoric times) and large breast better able to feed babies the guy would have with her, thereby all helping to pass his genes down to the next generation.

You need to grasp that this is not a conscious strategy on the part of men and women.

Rather natural selection weeded out men and women who had a genetic predilection to find narrow hips and shoulders attractive.

Beauty is a shorthand way of instantly judging evolutionary fitness and determining which mate will endow your offspring with that mate, with the best chance of passing your genes along.

Same with animals. Animals find signs of evolutionary fitness attractive, because animals that found sings of evolutionary unfitness attractive, ended up having babies unfit for survival.

Hair loss in young people in prehistoric times was more likely to be the result
of disease and starvation than the result of DHT. So the genes for women who had babies with diseased men went extinct, while the genes of women who preferred hairy men prospered.

Naturally as we know, some of the rejected bald men would have been bald from DHT and not from disease, but that doesn’t matter to evolution.

It’s like sickle cell anemia: have two genes for it, and you get sick and die, but have one gene for sickle cell, and you’re immune to malaria. So in malaria prone areas, the net benefits of sickle cell genes in the population is positive, even though a minority will inherit both genes and die.

This might help you to understand.

Survival of the Prettiest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ry8ECc2Lb0

That’s part 1. Looks like the other parts are in the sidebar.

How about Prince Albert of Monaco, jarjar?

Already bald long before he met his beautiful wife, Charlene…

How about Prince Albert of Monaco, jarjar?

Already bald long before he met his beautiful wife, Charlene…

[/quote]

Wow!

Sign me up!

I want to be a Prince until I get my hair back. Prince’s get hot chicks even if they’re big-time bald. Hey, it looks like she’s even got nice breasts.

I admit that if we become Princes we won’t have to get our hair back. And it might actually be easier to become a Prince than recover our lost hair.

You know, this just goes to show how gullible and oblivious women are that she is willing to get together with an unattractive bald guy just so she can have the word princess in front of her name.

And all this royalty stuff is a joke as far as I’m concerned, especially in countries like England where the royal family doesn’t really have power. It’s like a lottery where everyone has to buy a ticket but the same family gets to keep winning and winning and winning. It seems to me like the tax-payers in countries that have royalty would be tired of paying for this rigged nonsense. The way I see it is that Prince Charles, Prince Williams and the entire royal family are being lavished with gargantuan welfare checks. I don’t have anything against welfare to help the poor but I do think that welfare checks should be significantly less than what the so-called “royals” are getting.

Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

jjb has trouble with the subtleties of critical thinking and logic.

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

By way of critical thinking and logic almost every poster at every hair website has figured out that Pilox is snake oil. But needhairasap is still pining for it. Here is a recent post by needhairasap in which he states his intention to buy the obvious snake-oil product called Pilox for $900. This is needhairasap’s critical-thnking and logic on display for all to see.

March 9 2015 - “changed my mind. I’m buying it. I’ll give any israelite $900 upon save arrival of my pilox set in the usa”

LOL! I love it.[/quote]

The funny part is you will eventually be saying

“needhairasap, you were right about pilox. I was unaware of x, y, and z. Otherwise I would have concluded it is legit. I was just unaware. I am not a moron. I was just unaware. It was because I was unaware” — in normal jarjarbinx fashion