Don\'t think you need hair?

A story about new findings coming to light regarding sex:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/9-new-sex-findings-you-wont-believe/ss-BB8vgCF?ocid=mailsignout#image=2

Check out finding number 1. It states:

1. THE HIGHER A WOMAN’S DESIRE FOR SEX, THE HIGHER HER STANDARDS FOR POTENTIAL PARTNERS.
You’d think the more someone craves sex, the more willing that single would be to settle. Not so with women. According to the June 2013 issue of the Journal of Research in Personality, as a lady’s longing for a one-night stand heightens, she becomes more discerning, seeking out only the most physically attractive men. Guys, on the other hand, consider all women as potential partners, regardless of beauty. That’s because men just want sex, so they take whatever they can get. Meanwhile, women are programmed to hit the gene-pool jackpot, looking for dominant, attractive men—even if they’re not trying to conceive. Bottom line: Good-looking guys have nothing to worry about.

This does not bode well for unattractive men. As her desire for sex climbs the more she wants the good-looking alpha male.

Women are attracted to power and signs of fitness and health (the latter two being
a form of power). Likewise men respect other men who are powerful, fit, and healthy
(an unhealthy man is less dangerous). Hair is seen as a sign of health and fitness, which again, are a form of power.

And this is as it should be.

Once again, I will remind you all that an uncanny number of American presidents who were elected to office, had little if any hair loss, which is all the more
astounding since you have to be pretty old to qualify for the presidency, and baldness is more common as men age.

Further, since the advent of photography and television–which increasingly remind voters what presidential candidates look like–the percentage of presidents elected to office who are very bald is almost nil: The last and only one was Eisenhower, and likely because his opponent, Adlai Stevenson, was even balder.

And the best proof of all: hair loss is increasingly rare the younger the man, this is evidence that the earlier in life a man’s ancestors lost their hair, the fewer descendants they left and the rarer the trait of early baldness became.

Sorry Ahab. I’ve already posted numerous links to studies that demonstrate that male attractiveness makes women emote. That’s the point. That’s why women like the men with hair - because the men with hair are more attractive. It’s not because men with hair look healthier. Women would rather have attractive men with somewhat worse health than a bald guy with excellent health. The attractive man’s looks has an emotional impact on her and that is what compels her to want him. Studies have established this.

I’m not a woman, but I can definitely say that on a deep, gut instinctive level, men with any degree of hair loss actually look significantly less healthy to me than men with obviously full heads of hair. Furthermore I can’t say why this is – it’s not based on my knowledge of their real health status, of course. I think this is really how humans are wired, unconsciously… Just as I’d think an obese person or a person with very bad teeth somehow looks unhealthy. I think on a deep subconscious level human beings are wired to equate attractiveness with healthy appearance.

I agree that balding men look less healthy. Absolutely. But it’s also a proven fact that male attractiveness makes women emote and that women are acting on that. One of the studies I read said:

“Male attractiveness not only makes women emote it can actually determine the social status of the woman he’s with.”

The above quote reveals what I mean when I say women aren’t just emotionally affected by men’s looks but that women are also acting on that. The fact that male attractiveness can decide the social status of the woman he’s with shows that women are actually taking action because of how they feel about men’s attractiveness. The women with higher social status are ending up with attractive men.

And I read another study that demonstrated that the men and women who are more attractive have higher social status so since attractive men end up with women with higher social status this means that attractive men end up with women who are more attractive.

It’s true that hair does make men look healthier but it’s also true that male attractive makes women emote and women are acting on that.

There may be some tipping points involved in that equation. In other words, there may be some degree of disability a woman with high social status (an attractive woman) is willing to accept in a man if he’s attractive. But does that work the other around? Would a woman accept an ugly man simply because he was in good physical health???

I should amend what I wrote above. Men who have totally bald (shaved) scalps do not look unhealthy to me. I really think the issue is symmetry. A totally bald head looks symmetric. A man with a full head of hair is symmetric. Even if the hair is parted on the side and looks assymmetric, people are smart enough to know the man is really symmetric. But usually a balding man tries to do something with his hair, rearrange it such a way that makes it look assymetric. It’s harder to keep neat, unless you shave it down to almost nothing. Most people know this. It’s much harder for a balding man to look “presentable”, in a photo for instance where your appearance is captured in still life. That’s why balding men generally look better, comparatively, in casual clothes than in a suit.

All men who are obviously missing hair do look unhealthy to me, whether they shave it, style their hair in a sensible manner, or have unkempt silly looking hair. In my view if you are missing hair that means that you’re body is breaking down so you are not a person with optimum health. That’s how I see the health aspect of the situation.

But at the end of the day male attractiveness makes women emote and actuall determines the social status of the woman he is with. That means that if a man is attractive it is affecting how mating couples pair off. There’s just no way around that. I read that 10 - 12 years ago in highly credible news stories and journal studies. I can’t find those articles or studies now so I can’t present them here. But I read them and they were solid. I read multiple articles/studies establishing the same facts, and both of the articles were in highly credible sources.

I tried finding those studies again a few years ago and after a couple hours without success I decided to to give up because it’s not worth the trouble. The studies are out there if you care to search for them but they are’t easy to find because they’re over 10 years old.

Here’s are two interesting study:

And here’s another study that supports those other 2 studies I read years ago, which state that “male attractiveness makes women emote and can determine the social status of the woman he’s with.”

Read this study abstract:

https://intro2psych.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/how-the-brain-reacts-to-attractiveness/

Roger the thing is that people all around you are making decisions about you based largely on your level of attractiveness. And you are doing the same to other people. We are all doing this whether we are aware of it or not, and everyone is doing it to us whether we/they are aware of it or not.

So you can make yourself as healthy as you want but the odds will still be against you, and you’ll likely roll snake eyes in the game of life until you get your hair back. The same is true for me. Sorry.

I think we better cure our hair loss and I think that we do need our hair. Good health will make you feel better and live longer but it won’t make you a stud or a rock star.

Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.[/quote]

This article proves conclusively that one of the things women find attractive is men’s hair:

Women are selecting the men with hair and that means that women like the men with hair more than the men without hair. We should face the facts.

I’m not a woman, but I can definitely say that on a deep, gut instinctive level, men with any degree of hair loss actually look significantly less healthy to me than men with obviously full heads of hair. Furthermore I can’t say why this is – it’s not based on my knowledge of their real health status, of course. I think this is really how humans are wired, unconsciously… Just as I’d think an obese person or a person with very bad teeth somehow looks unhealthy. I think on a deep subconscious level human beings are wired to equate attractiveness with healthy appearance.[/quote]

Totally agree with you on this one.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of H&W , I just find their photos make the most convincing case why we want hair so badly.

So then are you saying that you don’t think that the fact that male attractiveness makes women emote has anything to do with her preference for attractive men???

Are you saying that her preference for attractive men is solely based on the idea that attractive men appear more healthy and it has nothing to do with how an attractive man’s good looks causes her emotions to make her feel all flowery and attracted to attractive men?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]
So then are you saying that you don’t think that the fact that male attractiveness makes women emote has anything to do with her preference for attractive men???

Are you saying that her preference for attractive men is solely based on the idea that attractive men appear more healthy and it has nothing to do with how an attractive man’s good looks causes her emotions to make her feel all flowery and attracted to attractive men?[/quote]

Maybe to a certain extent but we are all human beings, we are more sophisticated than to just blindly follow the cues of some physical attributes that are presented to us. Insects do that, humans don’t.

Good looks make a difference in life. Deal.

Practically all the research ever done on the subject backs it up.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

Are you saying that her preference for attractive men is solely based on the idea that attractive men appear more healthy and it has nothing to do with how an attractive man’s good looks causes her emotions to make her feel all flowery and attracted to attractive men?

[postedby]Originally Posted by NeverAgain[/postedby]

Maybe to a certain extent but we are all human beings, we are more sophisticated than to just blindly follow the cues of some physical attributes that are presented to us. Insects do that, humans don’t.[/quote]

So then you don’t care what the scientists say. You have your hunch and you think your hunch is better than the scientific conclusions of scientists who used scientific equipment to achieve their results. Forget those scientific results huh?

1. The scientists have proved that male attractiveness makes women emote.
  1. The scientists have proved that women are acting on those flowery feelings that they get from men’s attractiveness.
  1. You have proven that you are unintelligent.

I understand that your feelings will be hurt by what I have posted about you. I don’t care. I’m just telling it like it is. I’m not going to respond to any other post by you because I do not respect your intelligence. I won’t even read posts by you because I don’t respect your intelligence.

jarjarbinx, I don’t live my life based on what scientists say I must or must not do. Only morons do that.

Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.[/quote]

jjb has trouble with the subtleties of critical thinking and logic.

This is just one of the MANY studies and reports on this, linking human attractiveness to symmetry and parasitic resistance.

Right, but those studies just talk about “male attractiveness” without explaining what defines it and why. If you actually unpack it and break it down, its about symmetry. Visual symmetry is a key marker of the health of the organism, because during evolution animals and our human ancestors equated a lack of symmetry with disease (especially parasitic disease). There have been some fascinating studies on this and I’ll try to find one for you.

[postedby]Originally Posted by needhairasap[/postedby]

jjb has trouble with the subtleties of critical thinking and logic.[/quote]

Is it your mastery of subtlety and critical-thinking that drives you to pine for Yoram so you can give him money for his snake-oil Pilox snake-oil? LOL!!

In fact, I have acknowledged that hair loss = a perception of unhealthiness, but I also insist that the visage of attractive men causes women to emote in a flowery way (the same way as the Pilox sc@m causes you to emote and want to give your money away) and women are compelled to act on that. I have posted a study that supports that. If you disagree with me then you are a man of hunches rather than a man of fact.