Do you guys seriously think HM is on the horizon

I mean how many of you are aware of the last ten years of posts on this site, with high hopes and countdowns to the big day when XYZ company would have HM here,…the predictions of…within 2 yrs. have been going on for ages

are u guys seriously thinking something is just around the corner. or is this just wishful thinking on your parts.

Think about this long and hard, do you seriously think HM is coming soon, or do you just hope so much that it will be that your hopes overwhelm your natural skepticism

I know you get tired of guys who do not jump on the cheerleading bus, and just want us to go away…that is what everyone said when i said ICX was full of BS and nothing would happen when their …big announcement …day…arrived

then when they came up with nothing, a lot of guys left the board in disgust, or changed their focus as in Baldie42 going to the hair transplant board and then shaving his head

the level of posts on this board would lead new guys to think , gee there is something right around the corner. its a posting frenzy

do you guys ever think you might be overly optomistic to the point of naivete

are you drunk??

No one is even talking about HM anymore, except ‘nathan’ and I don’t see anyone agreeing with him either.

» are you drunk??
»
» No one is even talking about HM anymore, except ‘nathan’ and I don’t see
» anyone agreeing with him either.

oh u mean the wounding and growing hair on animals…ya thats a breakthrough LOL

i cant wait, too bad im not a dog or a rat

» » are you drunk??
» »
» » No one is even talking about HM anymore, except ‘nathan’ and I don’t
» see
» » anyone agreeing with him either.
»
» oh u mean the wounding and growing hair on animals…ya thats a
» breakthrough LOL
»
» i cant wait, too bad im not a dog or a rat

Hangin,

If the Follica “method” or ACELL dont work out, you wont have to worry about any “HM” for a long time. Probably a decade or more (and probably longer than that). You’d better hope one of these works in other words. It may literally be either within a few years, or another twenty years. There is only so many ways a hair follicle can be “made”.

» I mean how many of you are aware of the last ten years of posts on this
» site, with high hopes and countdowns to the big day when XYZ company would
» have HM here,…the predictions of…within 2 yrs. have been going on
» for ages
»
» are u guys seriously thinking something is just around the corner. or is
» this just wishful thinking on your parts.
»
» Think about this long and hard, do you seriously think HM is coming soon,
» or do you just hope so much that it will be that your hopes overwhelm your
» natural skepticism
»
» I know you get tired of guys who do not jump on the cheerleading bus, and
» just want us to go away…that is what everyone said when i said
» ICX was full of BS and nothing would happen when their …big announcement
» …day…arrived
»
» then when they came up with nothing, a lot of guys left the board in
» disgust, or changed their focus as in Baldie42 going to the hair transplant
» board and then shaving his head
»
» the level of posts on this board would lead new guys to think , gee there
» is something right around the corner. its a posting frenzy
»
» do you guys ever think you might be overly optomistic to the point of
» naivete

There’s nothing wrong with a little optimism or pessimism… as long as it’s kept within reason,
and within the realm of intelligent discussion. That’s it, that’s all.

I think that in 5 years from now on we will have some new treatment that is able to compete with what we have now. Probability of this is almost certainity imho.

Follica wont be on the market before 5 years from now on. This is certainity as well.

ICX the same.

Acell - may surprise, we should know this year. It was able to grow muscles, bones, tissue and completely healthy looking skin in dogs and horses. It seemed to grow 1cm or so of someones finger tip. I personally think it could surprise and ppl could start to use it for hair very soon. Probably will not be a cure. Probably might be just a helful thing to go together with your HT.

EGF inhibition - I think our home tests will fail (80%) rather then succeed (20%). For obvious reasons. Its not just EGF inhibition. It is EGF + some science which we dont have. We dont have even the damn proper EGF inhibitor. So basically we are destined to fail. But still fun trying.

Anyway today I started a personal trial of progesterone creme :slight_smile: Thats my candidate for next competetive treatment. It was shown to inhibit scalp DHT almost as strong as topical finasteride (when the same concentrations were used). I’ll take some pictures when I grow tits.

Hangin, Just look at the gefitinib guy’s picture…is that a fake? I remember you used to ask about a proof for TRC, and now that we have a proof for Follica you’re still being pessimistic. No one is saying that it would work, but name one drug that has shown results of similar magnitude before? and is it just a big concidence that that drug also happens to be in Follica’s patent?

There is enough evidence both positive and negative that people can sift through it and carve it out how they want. Everyone can read some things and not others, and remember some things and not others, until they’ve subconsciously reinforced their preexisting opinion.

Why do the pessimistic feel such a need to force their opinion on the optimistic? I an optimist on an optimistic message board. I don’t surf the net to find HM pessimists and then try to talk them out of their opinion.

I personally think Folica has at least 50% shot at working. I do not ask that anyone else agree with me, this is just what I think today.

Acell is more of a wild card. It seems theoretically capable of doing the job but I’m not sure about the real-world feasibility of covering your whole head with regen’d tissue.

Although not related to HM, I came across posts by a user GeminiX on another forum, long story short he is male-to-female transsexual and he went from NW6 to pretty much NW1 (not original density though) on the drugs - look at his last pic!

http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/gallery/

The point being, just because someone has lost hair (NW5+) doesn’t mean the end of the world in terms of regrowing hair back. Hope is still there, we just need to find the right combo and we could regrow hair back. That’s what we are doing here, getting on SP or propecia isn’t gonna do much for me the only hope is something along the lines of Follica.

HAHA I just started PROGESTERONE today :slight_smile: what a coincidence

THATS HIM BEFORE FIN

http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=59

6 MONTHS ON FIN:
http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=64

THE END RESULT (FEW YEARS AND SOME DUTASTERIDE)

http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=101

The comments bellow the pictures read that he was on finasteride and later he switched to dutasteride. WTH? This is not what Finasteride grows for an average guy :slight_smile:

is he taking some estrogen replacement as well?

his regimen

2 x Estradot 75 Patches - 150mg Estradiol
1/2 x Proscar - 2.5mg Finasteride
2 x Androcur - 100mg Cyproterone acetate

and the transformation is pretty amazing!

Good luck debris :wink:

I don’t consider systemic hormone manipulation of any sort to be a real answer for us. Any real solution to fighting future losses needs to be topical or forget it.

I’m a Fin user now but I don’t intend to be forever. I’ve sworn off the stuff within a few years whether HM works or not. This is a temporary stopgap measure at best.

» » » are you drunk??
» » »
» » » No one is even talking about HM anymore, except ‘nathan’ and I don’t
» » see
» » » anyone agreeing with him either.
» »
» » oh u mean the wounding and growing hair on animals…ya thats
» a
» » breakthrough LOL
» »
» » i cant wait, too bad im not a dog or a rat
»
»
»
» Hangin,
»
» If the Follica “method” or ACELL dont work out, you wont have to worry
» about any “HM” for a long time. Probably a decade or more (and probably
» longer than that). You’d better hope one of these works in other words. It
» may literally be either within a few years, or another twenty years. There
» is only so many ways a hair follicle can be “made”.

why had i better hope one of those works? I have stopped my hairloss for 10 yrs since 1999, and it has regenerated a lot…i am not desperately hoping for HM

» HAHA I just started PROGESTERONE today :slight_smile: what a coincidence

you guys are nuts taking female hormones for your hair.

i heard that rev already is doing this and has size C boobs already :smiley:

stop the insanity guys…your wardrobe costs alone will bankrupt you if you have sex changes

Sounds like Hangin’s gonna do another session.

Is that what it’s gonna be, Hangin?

We’re nearing another milestone of new HM info, so you’re gearing up to spend another couple months bashing the HM-hopeful for being total idiots?

Spare me.

Not everyone can slam a bunch of vitamins & have enough hair on their heads. That’s great that you can, but you are not everyone. Your priorities do not therefore apply to everyone. You rationale based on life-experience would not have been created in the minds of everyone else.

Some of us NEED some form of commercial Hair Multipication if we’re ever gonna achieve as much hair as you probably have now. THINK ABOUT THAT before you bash us as “idiots” for wanting HM to work so badly.

THINK ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD FEEL - WHAT IF YOU WERE DOING EVERYTHING YOU’RE DOING NOW, MAYBE EVEN MORE, AND STILL QUICKLY LOSING MORE HAIR EACH YEAR.

Don’t just intellectually know that it’s possible to have so much less success (luck) with your plan than you’ve had. Sit there in silence for five minutes and try to mentally PUT YOURSELF THERE.

» We’re nearing another milestone of new HM info, so you’re gearing up to
» spend another couple months bashing the HM-hopeful for being total idiots?

are you referring to Intercytex? I doubt they would present any useful info in september. The only Intercytex report I’d consider useful is the one with actual numbers in it i.e. number of new terminal hairs, not percentage increase.

» I think that in 5 years from now on we will have some new treatment that is
» able to compete with what we have now. Probability of this is almost
» certainity imho.
»
» Follica wont be on the market before 5 years from now on. This is
» certainity as well.
»
» ICX the same.
»
» Acell - may surprise, we should know this year. It was able to grow
» muscles, bones, tissue and completely healthy looking skin in dogs and
» horses. It seemed to grow 1cm or so of someones finger tip. I personally
» think it could surprise and ppl could start to use it for hair very soon.
» Probably will not be a cure. Probably might be just a helful thing to go
» together with your HT.
»
» EGF inhibition - I think our home tests will fail (80%) rather then
» succeed (20%). For obvious reasons. Its not just EGF inhibition. It is EGF
» + some science which we dont have. We dont have even the damn proper EGF
» inhibitor. So basically we are destined to fail. But still fun trying.
»
» Anyway today I started a personal trial of progesterone creme :slight_smile: Thats my
» candidate for next competetive treatment. It was shown to inhibit scalp DHT
» almost as strong as topical finasteride (when the same concentrations were
» used). I’ll take some pictures when I grow tits.

The thing I don’t agree with is “Follica wont be on the market within 5 years”. How do you know that? I mean there is no way for you to know, that is just basing your predictions on previous failures. I mean, you said that the hair that grows is really dense but mostly vellus and not cosmetically significant. But remember that Cotsarelis said that on the msnbc video. He said that guys trying this at home will probably get some regrowth, but in order to get really thick and quality hair you need to make the newly formed follicles larger, and for that you need their “magic” lotion.

I mean you just don’t know what’s happening behind the labs in Follica right now. Maybe they are secretive because they are about to announce soon the positive trials, or maybe because it doesn’t work so well so they are trying something else. You just can’t know.

» » » »
» why had i better hope one of those works? I have stopped my hairloss for
» 10 yrs since 1999, and it has regenerated a lot…i am not
» desperately hoping for HM

Ive stopped my hairloss too Hangin, but my temples have not grown back. If you have grown everything back, you wouldn’t be here. HM is the only thing that is going to get your frontal loss back, hence why people are excited about it. Finas, nizoral, prox-n have worked pretty well as a tandem for me…

» THATS HIM BEFORE FIN
»
» http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=59
»
» 6 MONTHS ON FIN:
» http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=64
»
» THE END RESULT (FEW YEARS AND SOME DUTASTERIDE)
»
» http://www.strangerinthemirror.net/index.php?q=gallery&g2_itemId=101
»
» The comments bellow the pictures read that he was on finasteride and later
» he switched to dutasteride. WTH? This is not what Finasteride grows for an
» average guy :slight_smile:
»
» is he taking some estrogen replacement as well?

The site tells about a hair transplant also.