DISCUSSION ABOUT ONLY PILOX for treating hair loss, baldness

Is there a picture of the device? How does it work, what is the scientific basis for this treatment?

This is a very good question - what is the scientific basis for this treatment?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Lucky[/postedby]
Is there a picture of the device? How does it work, what is the scientific basis for this treatment?[/quote]

– Is this capable of restoring to NW0?

– Is the basis behind this device a new approach or an obvious ‘right in front of our faces’ approach?

– What’s the rough timeframe from slick bald to NW0 with a 3X a day regiment?

– Is this capable of restoring temple areas and crown?

– When restoring do crown and temple areas take longer than others or is it all in one go at the same time?

– Regarding the year timeframe for release will this be worldwide? Also if this works as expected will they have enough to meet demand, I’d be gutted to be on a year long waiting list for this thing.

– Was it Yoram’s request that the Bald truth remove those threads or competitors?

– Once you’ve got the required results how much use is needed per week to maintain?

– Are you seeing results faster than you thought by that I mean are you really noting it weekly?

– With each ‘version’ that comes out do is make more hair grow more quickly?

– That being said will the anticipated release version be better at restoration than the one you have currently? And ho much of a % based improvement will the final one have?

– Is Yoram planning to distribute himself or sell to another firm?

– When will his ‘Official’ announcement be roughly?

– Have their been any problems with threats from competitors working on other approaches trying to shut this down?

– Are transplant doctors aware of this and what have they said?

–What was the reason behind Yorams radio silence on this whole thing?

[quote]This is a very good question - what is the scientific basis for this treatment?

[postedby]Originally Posted by Lucky[/postedby]
Is there a picture of the device? How does it work, what is the scientific basis for this treatment?

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

Are you guys serious? You all get so excited without knowing why and how the device can grow hair or stop hair loss? With Propecia, we know it slows down the production of DHT, minoxidil is a vasodilator and can stimulate blood circulation, cell based therapy works by multiplying stem cells.

Does anyone know how and why this device works?

I am very grateful for the news, not that I am not thankful for all the posts, but just wish to know a little bit more before getting too excited.

That’s why we have these posts - we are trying to get more information. One thing that seems important to find out is the basis for the treatment working.
If we can find that out that could give us a good idea if the treatment is sound.

[quote]This is a very good question - what is the scientific basis for this treatment?

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

Are you guys serious? You all get so excited without knowing why and how the device can grow hair or stop hair loss? With Propecia, we know it slows down the production of DHT, minoxidil is a vasodilator and can stimulate blood circulation, cell based therapy works by multiplying stem cells.

Does anyone know how and why this device works?

I am very grateful for the news, not that I am not thankful for all the posts, but just wish to know a little bit more before getting too excited.[/quote]

just my personal guess (from what i read so far): it’s not a classical dermaroller with needles, therefore no classical wounding and no hurt. it’s a device with injects copper and zinc ions into the scalp by iontophoresis which inhibits dht, also supported by heating and vibrating. also some laser or concentrated light source seems to be involved (maybe similar to laser helmet stuff). the combination of all that creates a bio-stimulation, beside the dht inhibition.
it’s isralian technology from its finest. they found the way to properly stimulate the hair follicles while inhibiting dht, it seems to me. i’m not wondering anymore why results can be seen so quickly with this treatment. it’s totally legit and it all makes sense to me now. also, the whole copper peptide and laser helmet stuff fills in some puzzle pieces now. copper and laser stuff are both proven to be somehow effective against dht and for stimulating the biology in the scalp. probably never as effective as desired, but this pilogic device really seems to hit the nail on its head by combining all these stuff with a proper treatment protocol. i totally believe in this stuff now. yoram will be king when he releases his device. hopefully he decides to do that soon.

as an addition: the best part of that is: since there are hopefully only copper and zinc ions involved, it’s a safe treatment and won’t be held back by any regulatory, hopefully. because copper and zinc is part of the body and also crucial for hair growth. there is sometimes a strong connection between hairloss and a lack of copper (in case of a poor diet for example). so we need the copper and zinc in any case, we simply don’t have enough of them in the scalp. so we guide them into the scalp by the iontophoresis device, in ionized form because only then they can penetrate the skin by ions flow, created by an electrical field (2 electrodes). so, there’s nothing bad about firing zinc and copper directly into the scalp as it is a very low concentration. of course we don’t know all the magic in detail and nobody of us will never know, of course. the right protocol, or in other words, in which concentration the ions are released, and when the light source is applied, and when the vibration and heating stuff comes into play, is the key and finale recipe of yoram, which is probably the reason why it probably took years to find out how to work this out.

again, this is just my personal guess. but yoram cracked the code, it’s undeniable to me (although my thoughts are crazy as i never saw the device :slight_smile:

hmmm, DHT and laser. I hope that I am wrong but I am not too excited about this after hearing DHT and laser.

There are so many anti DHT products on the market, we all know that DHT is only part of the reason we are losing our hair, otherwise Propecia or Avodart alone would have cured baldness.

As for laser, it has been around for many years already, including the FDA cleared hairmax, I have never heard anything outstanding about laser treatment either.

Okay, you may say combining anti DHT with laser will produce a dramatic result, well the truth is that many people who use hairmax are also using Propecia and other anti DHT products too, I haven’t seen anything impressive.

Again hope I am wrong about this.

there are some further details to consider: propecia does not inhibit 100% of dht in the scalp, this is the big problem, not to mention dht shampoos. i think, none of them is able to block dht completely. maybe only 50% of the dht amount if we are lucky (correct me if i am wrong). of course, dht is the main problem of the whole hair loss stuff. dht causes inflammation and miniaturization of the follicles. if we would have a way to really block almost 100% dht in the scalp (e.g. by CB for example)… and assuming that there are no problems with the person’s diet, then probably a lot of hair loss problems would be solved, wouldn’t it?

further i think, there is a strong laser involved in the pilogic device, which does the job of classical dermaroller needles. instead of metallic needles, the laser fire ultra short duration pulses on the scalp to cause the ‘wounding’. to be exact, as it doesn’t hurt like a dermaroller, i assume we can’t speak of classicsl wounding here (with a bloody mess). it’s more like a micro-wounding inside the scalp, down to 1.5mm maybe, to force the body to start its natural repair mechanism and release natural growth factors. this, in combination with the dht inhibition, and also further stimulation with heat and vibration, seems to be the perfect combo to rescue dying hair follicles and maybe, in some cases, also follicle neogenesis. personally i think it’s more effective in preventing further hair loss than creating new follicles. but when we consider that, according to some researchers, the hair follicles are never truely dead and still existing in the scalp. i assume if we then would use the pilogic device for 2 or 3 years consistently, that these thought to be dead follicles could grow again. so it’s not really a neogenesis, it only seems like it would be because the scalp was slick for many years.

it also makes totally sense now that the device has to be used for 5min a day only, because:
once you rolled the device over your head (probably slowly), the scalp is supplied with all the ions and shot with laser pulses probably, so once every spot is covered, there is no need to roll over again and again for minutes or hours.

so, to summarize (don’t take to serious, it’s just a guess):
pilogic is a non-invasive, painless ultra convenient 5min a day device, which inhibits dht by copper and zinc ions (through iontophoresis), and promotes hair growth by laser wounding, or maybe some photo-bio-stimulation with heat and vibration, all in a special sequence or recipe. it’s a genius device, which looks too good to be true, but truely science-backed and reasonable. everything i read about hairloss for the last 2 years, combined with that device, really would make sense now (we will see in a few months).

forget CB and all the other experimental stuff, THIS device is the real deal. i can feel it.

by the way: most of the people are still searching the right CB vehicle. this pilogic device would also be perfect to inject the CB via iontophoresis, the same way like cosmo did it and showed good results. but nobody will care about CB anymore if this pilox device turns into reality. poor cosmo. they simply made the wrong decision to delay the hairloss trials with CB and focusing on acne instead. now they are screwed :slight_smile:

I think we should wait for more information. We don’t even know the mode of action for the Israeli treatment yet so we don’t know that it’s plausible. We need to wait until we find out how the Israeli technology works before we assume anything.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Magneto_Amarendo[/postedby]
it also makes totally sense now that the device has to be used for 5min a day only, because:
once you rolled the device over your head (probably slowly), the scalp is supplied with all the ions and shot with laser pulses probably, so once every spot is covered, there is no need to roll over again and again for minutes or hours.

so, to summarize (don’t take to serious, it’s just a guess):
pilogic is a non-invasive, painless ultra convenient 5min a day device, which inhibits dht by copper and zinc ions (through iontophoresis), and promotes hair growth by laser wounding, or maybe some photo-bio-stimulation with heat and vibration, all in a special sequence or recipe. it’s a genius device, which looks too good to be true, but truely science-backed and reasonable. everything i read about hairloss for the last 2 years, combined with that device, really would make sense now (we will see in a few months).

forget CB and all the other experimental stuff, THIS device is the real deal. i can feel it.

by the way: most of the people are still searching the right CB vehicle. this pilogic device would also be perfect to inject the CB via iontophoresis, the same way like cosmo did it and showed good results. but nobody will care about CB anymore if this pilox device turns into reality. poor cosmo. they simply made the wrong decision to delay the hairloss trials with CB and focusing on acne instead. now they are screwed :-)[/quote]

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by vraf[/postedby]

1. does the device wound the skin at all? ------ No
  2. does it hurt? ---- No
  3. is there a total redness afterwards or what? — No[/quote]

Hum. Vraf, you surely have read the patent of the apparatus:

You can read there, that the device is also about “piercing the skin of the scalp”, and you can also read about needles there. That’s why I’m suprised by your answers above.
So, my questions are:

1, Is the description of the patent still accurate?
2, During the different generations of the device, has the apparatus been rebuilt from scratch because of legal reasons, or were any changes done only to improve efficacy?

Thanks a lot, vraf, and keep up the good work!
Greetings,
Ross

Thanks for the patent link, it has a picture, it does look a little bit like a hairmax lasercomb, I wonder how do we load the key ingredients (copper and zinc etc) ?

1. are there any chemicals involved which of we should worry about? — No chemicals
  2. is there any ingredient in it which could prevent the device from hitting the market in some countries? —No
  3. when did the pilox project start? how many years of development? — 5 years
  4. Is there a picture of the device? – Of course but obviously, can’t share it.
  5. what is the scientific basis for this treatment? – It was discussed so many times in this and other forums + written in the patent. Please read.
  6. Is this capable of restoring to NW0? – I believe it depends on one’s personal status and his react to the treatment. As for myself, from what I managed to understand, it has an high probability.
  7. Is this capable of restoring temple areas and crown? — Yes
  8. When restoring do crown and temple areas take longer than others or is it all in one go at the same time? – Looks like temples take longer. But this goes for any other known treatment and for treatments that will come in the future.
  9. Was it Yoram’s request that the Bald truth remove those threads or competitors? – No
  10. Are you seeing results faster than you thought by that I mean are you really noting it weekly? – Yes but as you all know, only a professional examination by microscopic camera would support these claims. This will be done after 2 month of use.
  11. What was the reason behind Yorams radio silence on this whole thing? — already explained.
  12. LASER? — NO!!!
  13. you surely have read the patent of the apparatus: — I did not. I tried but there were to many terms in English for which Google Translate couldn’t translate to Hebrew. This is the reason that I started the first thread, I wanted the professionals to read it and explain the way it works.

1. are there any chemicals involved which of we should worry about? — No chemicals[/quote]

Are you saying there are no chemicals at all, or there are none to ‘worry about’? If there is an active substance, it is by definition, a chemical.

1. are there any chemicals involved which of we should worry about? — No chemicals

[postedby]Originally Posted by walrus[/postedby]

Are you saying there are no chemicals at all, or there are none to ‘worry about’? If there is an active substance, it is by definition, a chemical.[/quote]

A little bit Uranium, some Mercury and Hydrochloric Acid. Nothing to really fear from :smiley:

NO CHEMICALS AT ALL!!!

Technically, copper and zinc are chemicals and it is possible to be poisened by both. Your body needs to maintain a ratio of copper and zinc. That being said copper and zinc are abundant in the body and you would prob be hard pressed to overdoes with pilox.

This is all very interesting. Somehow it’s started to trigger my sense of “too good to be true”, and to tell you the truth, I’m feeling a little bit less optimistic about it than I was before.

It would be very nice to get somebody more longer term involved (there are a few Israeli posters on some of the other forums). I appreciate all the information vnaf has given, but, you’ll have to forgive a hardened guy’s mounting skepticism.

From the information given, the device uses no chemicals at all, and no wounding, and apparently generates significant amount of hair growth. Has this one man cracked the code? Of course it’s theoretically possible, but I’m keeping my hope tempered.

Perhaps it may allay our skepticism a little to understand exactly what involvement those professors from the Technion had in the creation of the process, and what qualifications they have.

Anyway, here’s hoping that this actually is something, and I really urge everybody to at least be cautious with your hope. We don’t need to see a “Pilox Fever” break out before we really know what’s going on.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by licht[/postedby]
This is all very interesting. Somehow it’s started to trigger my sense of “too good to be true”, and to tell you the truth, I’m feeling a little bit less optimistic about it than I was before.

It would be very nice to get somebody more longer term involved (there are a few Israeli posters on some of the other forums). I appreciate all the information vnaf has given, but, you’ll have to forgive a hardened guy’s mounting skepticism.

From the information given, the device uses no chemicals at all, and no wounding, and apparently generates significant amount of hair growth. Has this one man cracked the code? Of course it’s theoretically possible, but I’m keeping my hope tempered.

Perhaps it may allay our skepticism a little to understand exactly what involvement those professors from the Technion had in the creation of the process, and what qualifications they have.

Anyway, here’s hoping that this actually is something, and I really urge everybody to at least be cautious with your hope. We don’t need to see a “Pilox Fever” break out before we really know what’s going on.[/quote]

Actually you, as an Israeli, should know better than many others here, what is the meaning of "Technion Scientists."
Regarding your question related to their involvement - it has been said countless times before, they are the inventors.
I’m not here to persuade anyone for its realness nor control your filling.
Only time will tell…

[quote]

[postedby]Originally Posted by vraf[/postedby]

Actually you, as an Israeli, should know better than many others here, what is the meaning of "Technion Scientists."
Regarding your question related to their involvement - it has been said countless times before, they are the inventors.
I’m not here to persuade anyone for its realness nor control your filling.
Only time will tell…[/quote]

I’m not Israeli. I do know about the Technion, and it’s status as a highly regarded institution. If they are the inventors, which may have been said before, but I haven’t seen, perhaps our best angle at determining the validity of this product is through them.

I hope you don’t feel what I wrote was intended as an attack on your credibility. I didn’t mean it that way at all. I’m glad that you decided to come here and post. You have to understand that we have, and continue to face deception from people who try to take advantage of us and our desperation, and so we are naturally very cautious of big claims.