Cost of histogen injections, what would you be willing to pay?

im not bald my hair is only thinning slightly in the hair line, but to get my previous density back would probably still take anything up to 10 injections over a six to 12 month period.

i reckon cost of this will still be somewhere comparable to a current hair transplant cost when this stuff becomes available, and it will be available within the next 4-5 years in my estimation.

id be willing to pay a few thousand for this, thats in GBP ££££ not dollars $$$$.

but what about you?

$3500

lets see it work first

nothing ever does

» im not bald my hair is only thinning slightly in the hair line, but to get
» my previous density back would probably still take anything up to 10
» injections over a six to 12 month period.
»
» i reckon cost of this will still be somewhere comparable to a current hair
» transplant cost when this stuff becomes available, and it will be available
» within the next 4-5 years in my estimation.
»
» id be willing to pay a few thousand for this, thats in GBP ££££ not dollars
» $$$$.
»
» but what about you?

Wouldn’t that all depend on the effects of Histogen injections?
Assuming there’s no side effects, here’s my pricing for the WHOLE treatment (not per injection)

nw6 to nw5: 1000$
nw6 to nw4: 2000$
nw6 to nw3: 5000$
nw6 to nw2: 10000$
nw6 to nw1: 20000$

My prices assume that after one treatment your hair is good for 10 years at least. If it’s permanent, double that amount.

But I just realized this is not what I will pay, it’s what a good pricing should be. I would probably pay twice as much (so yes, if they can give me all my hair back permanently I would pay 80 grand) but I’m rich.

» im not bald my hair is only thinning slightly in the hair line, but to get
» my previous density back would probably still take anything up to 10
» injections over a six to 12 month period.
»
» i reckon cost of this will still be somewhere comparable to a current hair
» transplant cost when this stuff becomes available, and it will be available
» within the next 4-5 years in my estimation.
»
» id be willing to pay a few thousand for this, thats in GBP ££££ not dollars
» $$$$.
»
» but what about you?

278.34 USD … .oO(what a stupid topic)

» My prices assume that after one treatment your hair is good for 10 years at
» least. If it’s permanent, double that amount.

very unlikely… 2 years MAX

» » My prices assume that after one treatment your hair is good for 10 years
» at
» » least. If it’s permanent, double that amount.
»
» very unlikely… 2 years MAX

what do you think action?
they give you one single injection and your hair grows back and after 2 years is already falling off or 2 years for what?

I think it’ll just be an injection every 6 months or so, forever, or for like 6 years before the hair is permanent. Kinda like hair removal, it takes lots of repetitions (and time) before every single hair “understands” what’s going on.

» what do you think action?
» they give you one single injection and your hair grows back and after 2
» years is already falling off or 2 years for what?
»
» I think it’ll just be an injection every 6 months or so, forever, or for
» like 6 years before the hair is permanent. Kinda like hair removal, it
» takes lots of repetitions (and time) before every single hair “understands”
» what’s going on.

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/44478#SEC3

compare that to what Histogen is doing

A cool mill, baby!!!

Read this pdf on the histogen sight, it will give you an idea of how effective it currently is and how many injections you will need.

http://histogen.com/downloads/sid_2012_HSC_Final.pdf

we know it works, but yeah we dont know if the results are going to be permanent as of yet because only time will tel that,
however the results are long lasting, from a single injection there was continued improvement after 1 year.

i think possibly a single maintenance injection/treatment will be required every few years though, as to maintain the results.

i dont think this is a dumb topic, this stuff is going to KO the ht industry when its available to all.

and not everyone who is bald or who is loosing their hair is wealthy, so they should not be looking to price people out of the treatment, if they want to make money that is.

» we know it works, but yeah we dont know if the results are going to be
» permanent as of yet because only time will tel that

» i think possibly a single maintenance injection/treatment will be required
» every few years though, as to maintain the results.

^ that’s the most important question at the moment.

If hairs don’t last then I’m not interested. I’m sure vast majority of men with hair loss wouldn’t be interested in paying thousands of dollars for thousands of tiny injections just to continually “stimulate” your hair for a couple years or so

» If hairs don’t last then I’m not interested. I’m sure vast majority of men
» with hair loss wouldn’t be interested in paying thousands of dollars for
» thousands of tiny injections just to continually “stimulate” your hair for
» a couple years or so

If the hair only lasted two years, I’d still pay thousands.

I wish HSC would try dutasteride + their treatment.

Unless DHT is shut down, I can’t see how any treatment will work let alone persist. DHT is a killer.

» » If hairs don’t last then I’m not interested. I’m sure vast majority of
» men
» » with hair loss wouldn’t be interested in paying thousands of dollars for
» » thousands of tiny injections just to continually “stimulate” your hair
» for
» » a couple years or so
»
» If the hair only lasted two years, I’d still pay thousands.

Two years?
Honestly, if it costs 2000$ a pop, and lasts 6 months, and every 6 months you have to get injected, but there are no side effects and your hair grows back, it will be what we’ve been waiting for and will sell like crazy.
Do you people know how much is any cosmetic treatment nowadays?
That would be nothing!
I’m afraid it would be more like 5000$ in the beginning, that’s 10k a year. And it would still sell like crazy.

its likely that hsc is reprogramming hair stem cells expression to mimic the dht resistant hair on the back and sides of the head, or reprogramming expression to that of a younger state which probably goes hand in hand with dht resistance, at least for a half decade or so if not indefinitely.

once reprogrammed just like cancer cells its likely to be a permanent change that would need more than the presence of dht to counter act.

if it was me looking in to this as a scientist, i would look to cultivate cells from the scalp that are already genetically resistant to dht, ie the hair from the back and sides of the scalp which dont go bald, and find out what signaling factors/proteins they express which are different to the ones that do go bald, then use high pressure or performance liquid chromatography to separate the proteins and test for them one by one, they may have taken this approach and that is how they have found out some or which particular proteins are related to hair growth.

ps, hsc works they have published their results, and in humans not mice and it works in humans. any doubters that it does not work are making an accusation that histogen are participating in an illegal enterprise.

» A cool mill, baby!!!

A men.

» I’m afraid it would be more like 5000$ in the beginning, that’s 10k a year.
» And it would still sell like crazy.

you’re insane… average salary for someone from a developed world is 30K a year. How many people do you think will want to spend a third of their earnings to get some TEMPORARY HAIR? VERY FEW

if it’s a truly “cosmetic” procedure(temporary) then why the hell do they go through all those 3 phases? You don’t need to do that

» its likely that hsc is reprogramming hair stem cells expression to mimic
» the dht resistant hair on the back and sides of the head, or reprogramming
» expression to that of a younger state which probably goes hand in hand with
» dht resistance, at least for a half decade or so if not indefinitely.

you’re insane. That is not happening I’m 100% sure. HSC are just simple growth factors.

I don’t even care about DHT resistance. If HSC actually REVERSED MPB and make the hair last as many years as it took for them to fall out, then you could just use DHT blockers or some nizoral and prevent DHT effects for the next 10+ years.

» » its likely that hsc is reprogramming hair stem cells expression to mimic
» » the dht resistant hair on the back and sides of the head, or
» reprogramming
» » expression to that of a younger state which probably goes hand in hand
» with
» » dht resistance, at least for a half decade or so if not indefinitely.
»
» you’re insane. That is not happening I’m 100% sure. HSC are just simple
» growth factors.
»
»
» I don’t even care about DHT resistance. If HSC actually REVERSED MPB and
» make the hair last as many years as it took for them to fall out, then you
» could just use DHT blockers or some nizoral and prevent DHT effects for the
» next 10+ years.

not insane, it works in mpb areas so its over coming the effects of dht in areas that have already been effected by the negative effects of dht.

its reprogramming the genetic expression of the cells. fact!

in any case who wants to be feminized by life long dht treatment when there is another option that by passes that pathway and its associated side effects , when there is an alternative that is side effect free?