Bimatoprost trial gonewiththehair

Unfortunately i cut it so i cant measure it to see when it was grown but the lightness up top and dark below kind of looked interesting. And since it was in the area im applying the lumigan i pretty much assumed that was why.

Im using the standard lumigan 0.03% twice a day, 2 drops each morning and night.

Its hard to measure and i guess thats why photos help, sometimes i think it looks better and other times not so much. But i definately think something is going on. I just want to get to a noticeable difference as my hair is really really thin at the temples (and damn diffuse thinning all over)…

Anyway, 4 months should be enough of a shot to know if this .03 is worth it or not.

» Unfortunately i cut it so i cant measure it to see when it was grown but
» the lightness up top and dark below kind of looked interesting. And since
» it was in the area im applying the lumigan i pretty much assumed that was
» why.
»
» Im using the standard lumigan 0.03% twice a day, 2 drops each morning and
» night.
»
» Its hard to measure and i guess thats why photos help, sometimes i think it
» looks better and other times not so much. But i definately think something
» is going on. I just want to get to a noticeable difference as my hair is
» really really thin at the temples (and damn diffuse thinning all over)…
»
» Anyway, 4 months should be enough of a shot to know if this .03 is worth it
» or not.

Keep on going. 4 months is correct and I reckon you will get some decent results.

I assume that you have been on minoxidil, finasteride and ketoconazole for a decent period of time beforehand?

» » Unfortunately i cut it so i cant measure it to see when it was grown but
» » the lightness up top and dark below kind of looked interesting. And
» since
» » it was in the area im applying the lumigan i pretty much assumed that
» was
» » why.
» »
» » Im using the standard lumigan 0.03% twice a day, 2 drops each morning
» and
» » night.
» »
» » Its hard to measure and i guess thats why photos help, sometimes i think
» it
» » looks better and other times not so much. But i definately think
» something
» » is going on. I just want to get to a noticeable difference as my hair is
» » really really thin at the temples (and damn diffuse thinning all over)…
» »
» » Anyway, 4 months should be enough of a shot to know if this .03 is worth
» it
» » or not.
»
» Keep on going. 4 months is correct and I reckon you will get some decent
» results.
»
» I assume that you have been on minoxidil, finasteride and ketoconazole for
» a decent period of time beforehand?

I believe I’m on very firm gound with my belief that the dose of bimatoprost found in latisse is insufficient to regrow a meaningful amount of hair. I think you might get a little bit of new scalp hair with the latisse dose but you could get more new scalp hair if you use a higher dose.

Allergan is testing the latisse dose on human scalps right now but Allergan is also testing a considerably large dose as well. I guess Allergan is trying to figure out how much more effective the stronger dose is than the latisse dose. It seems like common sense to me that it should take a stronger dose of bimatoprost to grow scalp hair than it does to grow eyelash hair.

» I believe I’m on very firm gound with my belief that the dose of
» bimatoprost found in latisse is insufficient to regrow a meaningful amount
» of hair.

You know what the difference between 3% Rogaine and 5% Rogaine is?

5% gives you quicker results than 3%.

But after a year 3% catches up with 5%, and the results are just about the same.

Bimatoprost grows eyelash hairs, has grown hair on that woman’s cheek, and there’s more than one physician saying that their patients’ scalp hairgrowth has improved on latisse/lumagen.

Maybe you get faster or better results with a higher percentage than is contained in Latisse and Lumagen.

But anecdotal evidence still says that the lower percentage contained in Latisse and Lumgen still helps.

If you want a higher dose of either, then applying either more often during the day might equate to a higher dose.

So until I can get my hands on a more concentrated formula from a reliable and legal source at an affordable price, I will be going on Lumagen.

» » I believe I’m on very firm gound with my belief that the dose of
» » bimatoprost found in latisse is insufficient to regrow a meaningful
» amount
» » of hair.
»
» You know what the difference between 3% Rogaine and 5% Rogaine is?
»
» 5% gives you quicker results than 3%.
»
» But after a year 3% catches up with 5%, and the results are just about the
» same.
»
» Bimatoprost grows eyelash hairs, has grown hair on that woman’s cheek, and
» there’s more than one physician saying that their patients’ scalp
» hairgrowth has improved on latisse/lumagen.
»
» Maybe you get faster or better results with a higher percentage than is
» contained in Latisse and Lumagen.
»
» But anecdotal evidence still says that the lower percentage contained in
» Latisse and Lumgen still helps.
»
» If you want a higher dose of either, then applying either more often during
» the day might equate to a higher dose.
»
» So until I can get my hands on a more concentrated formula from a reliable
» and legal source at an affordable price, I will be going on Lumagen.

It’s my understanding that it is legal to make your own higher dose solution of latisse. I contacted the FDA and their response appears to be that the active ingredient in any medicine already approved by the FDA can be formulated into a personalized solution for any patient in the U.S. This means that since Latisse is approved by the FDA it should be legal to forumate your own version of the active ingredient - bimatoprost.

Below is a copy of an email letter sent to me by the FDA. I have disguised my name for privacy reasons. I am saving the email letter which could be used in the defense of any attempted criminal prosecution:

Dear #$%^,

It is not legal for a pharmacy to compound a medication using bulk active ingredients that aren’t components of FDA-approved drugs, without an FDA-sanctioned New Drug Application. Lithium gluconate is not a component of an FDA approved drug and therefore it would not be legal for a pharmacy to compound this medication for you.

In order for your physician to prescribe you lithium gluconate, they will need to file an Investigational New Drug (IND) application with the FDA. Please note, when a physician would like to submit an IND to obtain an unapproved drug for an individual patient, he or she should first ensure that the manufacturer of the unapproved drug is willing to provide the drug. If the manufacturer agrees to provide the drug, the physician should submit an IND to the appropriate review division.

You may read more about INDs on our webpage at: For Physicians: How to Request Single Patient Expanded Access (“Compassionate Use”) | FDA.

Thank you,

SB
Division of Drug Information
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Food and Drug Administration

For up-to-date drug information, follow the FDA’s Division of Drug Information on Twitter @FDA_Drug_Info.

This communication is consistent with 21CFR10.85(k) and constitutes an informal communication that represents our best judgment at this time but does not constitute an advisory opinion, does not necessarily represent the formal position of the FDA, and does not bind or otherwise obligate or commit the agency to the views expressed.

I do not believe that Allergan would mind you using a higher dose bimatoprost, at this time, before they are marketing their own higher-dose bimatoprost solution for the scalp. However, they would likely take a dim view of you doing so after they release their higher-dose version into the marketplace. If I could get a higher dose version now then I would do so but as soon as the Allergan version hits the market I would cease using that version and use only the Allergan version. I think that Allergan’s common sense would make them aware of this - that we would just be concocting our own higher dose bimatoprost until Allergan markets their higher dose version and then we would buy Allergan’s.

this morning i definately have seen a thicker darker hair on the hairline, its almost on my forehead which is great because its like where my hairline used to be. Its definately doing having an effect on the hair but the million dollar question will be if its enough to fill the area in to a great cosmetic effect. At the moment i use some toppik to blend it (that stuff is amazing) but my overall hair is pretty badly thinned all over.

DR TOM: im not on finasteride, minoxidil or anything else other than this bimatoprost and some nizoral now and again. So anything i notice will probably be from the bimatoprost.

As for the higher dose, i definately would like to try a higher dose and formulating a higher dose might be something ill work on later on if all goes well.

» this morning i definately have seen a thicker darker hair on the hairline,
» its almost on my forehead which is great because its like where my hairline
» used to be. Its definately doing having an effect on the hair but the
» million dollar question will be if its enough to fill the area in to a
» great cosmetic effect. At the moment i use some toppik to blend it (that
» stuff is amazing) but my overall hair is pretty badly thinned all over.
»
» DR TOM: im not on finasteride, minoxidil or anything else other than this
» bimatoprost and some nizoral now and again. So anything i notice will
» probably be from the bimatoprost.
»
» As for the higher dose, i definately would like to try a higher dose and
» formulating a higher dose might be something ill work on later on if all
» goes well.

Wow!!!

One hair!!!

How many more do you need to have a reasonably full head of hair?

30,000? 40,000? 75,000?

It depends on how much hair you are missing. You don’t need to get every last strand back but you need to get most of those hairs that you have lost back in order to create the look you want to creat.

I figure I will need about 30,000 to 50,000 hairs in the right places to create the look I want to create.

At the rate you are going you have a long, long way to go. And I don’t think you have any chance of getting to where you want to get unless you increase the dose. And it makes no sense to simply apply the latisse more often because that will be too expensive. The logical thing to do is to get powder bimatoprost and put it into the same vehicle that Hideo Uno used on stumptail macaques or put it in the same vehicle that the is used to make Latisse.

But put a bigger dose in that vehicle. A significantly bigger dose!!!

keep in mind this is just a little trial run for me, i have full intention to use a higher dose if possible to formulate. i just want to see what 0.03 can give you first. Even the trial is using 0.03 and also a higher dose.

So would it be possible to buy the powder and just add it to the small bottle of lumigan? i wonder if it would dissolve?

just an update, im about 2.5 months in using the bimatoprost and im starting to see some thickening in the temple. This seems to be something that will require a 6 month treatment to see the best effects. But the good news is its starting to work, im hoping the next few months will improve a lot. Ive bumped application down to once daily in the morning to save costs.