Big news! clinical testing for follica

omg i thought this was total bs,

one step towards reality!!!

» omg i thought this was total bs,
»
» one step towards reality!!!

the page doesn’t load. What does it say ? Testing on humans finally ?

» » omg i thought this was total bs,
» »
» » one step towards reality!!!
»
» the page doesn’t load. What does it say ? Testing on humans finally ?

Not much:

“More information - clinical testing
If you are interested in clinical testing if and when it is announced, please send an e-mail with your name and contact information to”

Sounds like they are looking for subjects.

Under the bio for Stephen Protu, director of research, it says that he “oversees Follica’s preclinical and human proof-of-concept clinical research programs.” It may seem like a stretch, but I am encouraged by the fact that it does not say that he oversees any more fda approval clinical research. Previous articles have stated that this human proof-of-concept research should only take about a year. While I am not convinced that they won’t have to do more to get approval, this job description is a good sign. I really hope this thing does not need 3 rounds of approval.

Has someone written to Follica for clinical testing ?

Wow! There is great news coming from every direction. This is the beginning of an exponential growth phase in information and technology that will change our balding problems and introduce us to a world we will hardly recognize in 10yrs. Thanks for the update haircoach!

» http://www.follicabio.com/

» Wow! There is great news coming from every direction. This is the beginning
» of an exponential growth phase in information and technology that will
» change our balding problems and introduce us to a world we will hardly
» recognize in 10yrs. Thanks for the update haircoach!
»
» » http://www.follicabio.com/

Am I missing something? It says “if and when”, it doesn’t give a start date, and it doesn’t announce trials. It just asks if you’d like information WHEN it becomes available, not that it is available or will be available.

» Wow! There is great news coming from every direction. This is the beginning
» of an exponential growth phase in information and technology that will
» change our balding problems and introduce us to a world we will hardly
» recognize in 10yrs. Thanks for the update haircoach!
»
» » http://www.follicabio.com/

they are beginning testing on something, they have not even started yet, and have no idea if the testing will bear fruit, and you act like they just found a cure for cancer

typical of the delusional guys on the board

they are beginning testing on something, they have not even started yet, and have no idea if the testing will bear fruit, and you act like they just found a cure for cancer
typical of the delusional guys on the board

ahhh… calling us delusional… it begins once more.

Hangin, you are one of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

» they are beginning testing on something, they
» have not even started yet, and have no idea if the testing will bear
» fruit, and you act like they just found a cure for cancer
» typical of the delusional guys on the board
»
»
» ahhh… calling us delusional… it begins once more.
»
» Hangin, you are one of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered
» mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and
» too rare to die.

»
»
»
»
»
»

ya ur right, its not delusional to jump to conclusions about a product that has not even STARTED clinical trials

it is much more sane to run around saying THANK GOD WE ARE SAVED
:rotfl:

ya ur right, its not delusional to jump to conclusions about a product
that has not even STARTED clinical trials

it is much more sane to run around saying THANK GOD WE ARE SAVED
:rotfl:

Look man, all I’m saying is this:

NO ONE HERE knows the outcome of these treatments (NO ONE)… so if we’re delusional for being optimistic than you’re equally delusional for being pessimistic. Personally, I don’t mind being called delusional. The question is: do you prefer to be called delusional or a hypocrite?

» ya ur right, its not delusional to jump to
» conclusions about a product
» that has not even STARTED clinical trials
»
» it is much more sane to run around saying THANK GOD WE ARE SAVED
» :rotfl:
»
» Look man, all I’m saying is this:
»
» NO ONE HERE knows the outcome of these treatments (NO ONE)… so if
» we’re delusional for being optimistic than you’re equally delusional for
» being pessimistic. Personally, I don’t mind being called delusional. The
» question is: do you prefer to be called delusional or a hypocrite?
»
»

I am not pessimistic, I never say HM wont work will never work
but when guys come on saying GREAT NEWS THEY ARE TESTING A PRODUCT, i mean get real, they have no idea if the product works and they have not even tested it yet yet you guys are jumping up and down GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS, …if something passes tests thats one thing, to get excited about

starting the testing, and jumping up and down just for that, is a bit delusional

I don’t consider people’s excitement about Follica, Intercytex, Aderans, or whatever else as delusional. For better (positive results) or for worst (negative results), testing is actually great news for 3 reasons:

01) It shows corporate interest in this cause. Corporate desire for absolute profit often yields absolute results. Moreso, our transparent society has a way of unmasking fraudulent products quickly. Therefore, these corporations must yield genuine results if they hope to earn a single dime.
02) Testing keeps people’s spirit’s high. Being positive reduces stress, and we have allot to be positive about… the diversity of commitment/testing is unprecedented in the history of hairloss research.
03) Even negative results allow adjustments in strategy. i.e. Failure at Intercytex could result in changes at Aderans. Regardless of one’s ego, we can’t progress without failure

so again… your “delusional” comments are unnecessary. Let’s leave the HM section for whatever tidbits of information that become available, and let’s pause this pointless/negative debate until ACTUAL results present themselves.

» » Wow! There is great news coming from every direction. This is the
» beginning
» » of an exponential growth phase in information and technology that will
» » change our balding problems and introduce us to a world we will hardly
» » recognize in 10yrs. Thanks for the update haircoach!
» »
» » » http://www.follicabio.com/
»
»
» they are beginning testing on something, they have not even started yet,
» and have no idea if the testing will bear fruit, and you act like they
» just found a cure for cancer
»
» typical of the delusional guys on the board

I guess this time it is different. It is a huge breakthrough to know, that you can stimulate steam-cells in your head. It is proven, that it works. But you have to transfer the concept to human organism. It’s a matter of time…but the concept works.

I rarely respond to your posts (or usually read them either…I think this is the second post I have ever responded to of yours)…I dont like to add any more BS to the board on useless topics, but

You do realize this is the HAIR MULTIPLICATION AND RESEARCH section of the forum ??? …I read your regime, and you should be posting in the all natural and suppliments section…It seems that you thrive on the attention…but its pointless attention…You have no good arguements because your only arguement is that all new research is “fantasy” yet research is the only purpose of this section of the forum…you come to the research section and attack anybody that posts or gets excited about any new research…WHAT do you expect people to be talking about in here…thats like going to a Mexican restaurant and complaining to the management that the dont have any Chinese on the menu…You should be adding your experiences to the all natural section…:slight_smile:

We all know that there’s a percentage of the MPB community that has become emotionally invested in the idea that HM is coming very soon.

But I think there’s also a percentage of the MPB community that has become emotionally invested in the idea that HM is “decades away from reality.” We’ll probably still hear conspiracy theories insisting that the whole HM thing is a phony con-job on the investors until the day of its commercial release.

» We all know that there’s a percentage of the MPB community that has become
» emotionally invested in the idea that HM is coming very soon.
»
» But I think there’s also a percentage of the MPB community that has become
» emotionally invested in the idea that HM is “decades away from reality.”
» We’ll probably still hear conspiracy theories insisting that the whole HM
» thing is a phony con-job on the investors until the day of its commercial
» release.

i have no objection to the concept of HM or research, or guys getting excited that it may work someday

my objection is misplaced enthusiasm, exaggerated statements by board members with nothing to back them up

Example, posting GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS, then when you read it, it says they are STARTING to test some product

i mean thats a bit of a stretch/ Some board members are so eager to see HM that they cling to any shred of data like its a cancer cure. I have seen no breakthrough photos, data, or news releases on HM. If i missed something, please direct me to the source

Suit yourself.

But I think it really is “great news” that they’re testing something like the Folica thing.

In the last 30 years we’ve usually gotten about one new mediocre drug per decade to hopefully slow down the loss of hair a little bit. Something like a HM method is huge no matter how you stack it.

And the fact is that even starting clinical testing is already at least a moderate vote of confidence for a treatment’s chances. Clinical testing for an all-new treatment method doesn’t even happen unless they mean business. It means the money-men & researchers don’t foresee anything happening other than a relatively straight shot to the market.

We’ve had a flood of new drugs/treatments going into clinical testing in the last few years. If you wanna cling to the idea that nothing is really gonna change in the MPB world, then I guess you can adjust your viewpoint to decide that each new thing is much less important than any of the older MPB drugs were. But to my eyes each new one is just as big a deal as ever, and we really are getting deluged with future hair-savers.

» Suit yourself.
»
» But I think it really is “great news” that they’re testing something like
» the Folica thing.
»
»
»
» In the last 30 years we’ve usually gotten about one new mediocre drug per
» decade to hopefully slow down the loss of hair a little bit. Something
» like a HM method is huge no matter how you stack it.
»
» And the fact is that even starting clinical testing is already at least a
» moderate vote of confidence for a treatment’s chances. Clinical testing
» for an all-new treatment method doesn’t even happen unless they mean
» business. It means the money-men & researchers don’t foresee anything
» happening other than a relatively straight shot to the market.
»
»
»
» We’ve had a flood of new drugs/treatments going into clinical testing in
» the last few years. If you wanna cling to the idea that nothing is really
» gonna change in the MPB world, then I guess you can adjust your viewpoint
» to decide that each new thing is much less important than any of the older
» MPB drugs were. But to my eyes each new one is just as big a deal as ever,
» and we really are getting deluged with future hair-savers.

I think Hangin has a point, and I think some of you are suffering from poor reading comprehension. The only thing that page stated was a question: “would you like more information IF and WHEN trials begin”. It does not state that trials have begun, or that they will begin. It just says that if they begin, you could receive more info about them. Until Follica says its trials are underway, then they haven’t started. Believe me, when they actually do go to trial, they won’t announce it with a little, one-sentence post at the end of their page - it will be a major announcement.