Best hair transplant doctor- advice needed

Hi, let me start by apologize for my english. i am from europe and i have come across this website recently. from reading and looking in the forum my first impression is that there are some good hair transplant doctors here.
i am 31 years old male with light brown hair. my hair has recently become thin especially at the hairline and crown. i guess i am a norwood 4V.
i am seriously looking for a ht solution and trying to get the best doctor for my job. money and travel are not a factor. i want the best.
from looking at the “Hair Transplant Patient Statistics” page i can clearly see that dr cole have the best results and less pending results. i like is website the best…very informative and the videos looks real and impressive.
i also like hasson and wong very much. i understand that they do strip and i am not sure which one the choose…strip or fue?
can you guys put your 2 cents on who is the most recommended and is fue bring same results as strip?

Robohair,

Thank you for your interest in Hasson & Wong. I can appreciate your questions and am glad you are doing your research. What I can tell you about our clinic is that we have been documenting excellent results longer than anyone and we have more patients that have shared over the years with full documentation from beginning to end. Consistency is our mantra and we basically have defined much of what makes a hair transplant great by today’s standards. Dense packing, megasessions, custom recipient sites and the one pass result. By “one pass result” I mean that we can generally address an area of the scalp in one session and the patient most likely will not need to revisit the same area with more work.

Understand please that when you are looking at the photos in our gallery they are taken without the use of flash photography or studio lighting. These factors skew the image into something that is not present in reality. In addition. Almost all of our patient videos are shot in high definition. While the end product is not high definition the clarity is still higher than you’ll find elsewhere. We do this because we are proud of our results and want as little left to the imagination as possible.

With regards to what grows better, strip or FUE, I’ll let you decide based on the body of evidence online.

If you have any questions about our clinic please feel free to contact me directly at joe@hassonandwong.com. I’m happy to help.

Email Joe joe@hassonandwong.com your pictures, he can tell you what options you have and whether you are a good candidate for hair transplant or not.

» Hi, let me start by apologize for my english. i am from europe and i have
» come across this website recently. from reading and looking in the forum my
» first impression is that there are some good hair transplant doctors here.
» i am 31 years old male with light brown hair. my hair has recently become
» thin especially at the hairline and crown. i guess i am a norwood 4V.
» i am seriously looking for a ht solution and trying to get the best doctor
» for my job. money and travel are not a factor. i want the best.
» from looking at the “Hair Transplant Patient Statistics” page i can
» clearly see that dr cole have the best results and less pending results. i
» like is website the best…very informative and the videos looks real and
» impressive.
» i also like hasson and wong very much. i understand that they do strip and
» i am not sure which one the choose…strip or fue?
» can you guys put your 2 cents on who is the most recommended and is fue
» bring same results as strip?

Hi Robohair,

We can give you nothing but a natural looking hair transplant. Our concern for our patients is that additional hair loss can occur in the future. We approach hair transplant surgery very carefully. Our hair transplant method allows for the best aesthetic result with fewer grafts. Consistent quality results are achieved when competence, experience, and the correct surgical instruments are utilized in a hair transplant procedure. I say, “Let the results do the talking”. Results in the donor area as well as recipient area are in every patient’s best interests. Our entire surgical team has completed extensive training under Dr. Cole as medical director. I can offer you a complimentary consultation if you like or just give us a call for more information about hair transplant surgery.

Regards,

CIT

My advice is not medical advice

The difference in the Strip and CIT is the way the grafts are extracted and the effect that this has on your donor area… if you ever want to cut your hair short then by all means do the CIT. With the strip there is always a risk of getting a wide scar just as with the CIT there is a risk of hypo pigmentation. The CIT is less evasive with less pain and a quicker recovery but the strip can be done all in one day… I believe it is an individual decision. Another factor to consider is the artistry of the surgeon… whose results look more natural or appeal to you more…
Good luck with your decision :wink:

Hello robohair,

I have had both strip and fue with the Alvi Armani clinic to rebuild my hairline and my crown. I now work for the Armani clinic in patient care and I must say, I have seen some amzing results.

Having HAD both Fue and strip, I can tel lyou the recovery time for FUE is much much easier then it is for strip.

If you look around enough on this website you will see examples of grown out Armani FUE, I have a link in my signature that will bring you to alot of grown out Armani Fue results.

Just to add to my previous post,

One of the best things you can do for yourself is send in some photos to some of your top clinics for an online consultation. This will give you an estimation of how many grafts you will need and a ballpark price.

If you are interested in an online comsultation you can email me at eric@alviarmani.com they are free and very informative.

Good luck in your research.

I just recently had a procedure at Armani. It’s only been a month so my results won’t be seen for a few more months. But I can tell you that Dr. Armani and staff are first class. Based on the results I have seen at the clinic and the procedure I went through…I wouldn’t go to anyone else. Hope that helps.

» I just recently had a procedure at Armani. It’s only been a month so my
» results won’t be seen for a few more months. But I can tell you that Dr.
» Armani and staff are first class. Based on the results I have seen at the
» clinic and the procedure I went through…I wouldn’t go to anyone else.
» Hope that helps.

Why is it that different hair loss sites,all seem to blow the trumpet of different hair transplant doctors.

At the same time I think Armani is one of the best out there,I’ve seen some great results from him.If I ever decide to have hair transplant,he’d be on top of my list.

» At the same time I think Armani is one of the best out there,I’ve seen
» some great results from him.If I ever decide to have hair transplant,he’d
» be on top of my list.

Armani appears to have a great skill at rebuilding teenage hairlines. But he very well could be creating an army of future HT islands whom spend their 30’s hiding under a hat (a perfect hairline in front of normal pattern baldness will look about as bad as it can get).

Armani creates perhaps the best teenage hairline in the world, but he doesn’t have the skill to consistently create a natural and undetectable adult hairline. That’s unfortunate for those intelligent enough to avoid dense-packing 50% of the donor into the first inch of the hairline.

My hope is that Armani will mature as a surgeon as he gains more experience. He has an enormous amount of potential, but has a long ways to go before he gets it right. :slight_smile:

JB:

With all due respect, you are playing out of your league here. Dr. Armani has an abundance of mature patients with skillfully crafted “adult” hairlines. Does his mastery of creating “teenage” hairlines translate into ineptness in creating “adult” hairlines? Please explain. You have gone down the treacherous road of misinformation and/or regurgitation of misinformation and hearsay.

While I am sure JB can answer this one on his own, I will take a stab at what I believe he was trying to get at.

He is NOT saying that Armani can’t produce a good looking “adult” hairline.

He is just worried for those that look at pictures of Armani’s “teenage” looking hairlines and actually go ahead with it. What’s the problem? Well, in at least some cases, even with meds, the patient will continue loosing hair behind that teenage hairline. If these patients loose too much hair behind this thick looking hairline then they will run out of donor hair. Consequently, they will end up with a thick hairline and little hair behind it. Thus, forming an island on top of ones head.

There is someone that works at my office that has this kind of look. Not a pretty site to say the least.

Dr. Armani develops a long term plan for the patient’s particular case so this does not happen. A patient in his mid 20’s that would like to rebuild his hairline may very well have to come back for an additional pass later in life if the patient continues to thin, rather it be in zone 2 behind the hairline or back towards the crown. This is explained to the patient.

Norwood 3, 4, 5 ,6, …. Our philosophy is high density front, low density crown. A nice hairline that frames the face, full coverage in zones 2 and 3 and a slightly thinning crown – a very “natural balding pattern”. This is worst case scenario for the NW 5 and 6.

There is nothing wrong with receiving 2000-2500 grafts into zone 1, the hairline, despite your balding pattern. The vast majority of patients have enough donor supply to achieve coverage: high density front, low density back.

The very small percentage of patients who don’t (are headed towards an advanced NW 7 pattern and their donor region is also thinning) are not good candidates period.

Here is what I am talking about. Keep in mind – this patient does have enough grafts to thicken up his crown, should he decide to do so. This is the worst case scenario, say a patient progresses to a NW 5 or 6. For most, who are on meds this wouldn’t even be an issue.

He is a great example of high density front – low density towards the crown.

Now – if you saw this guy on the street, would you think he was balding? No – because he looks good from the front. His face is framed and he looks younger. What’s even better is that when the patient looks in the mirror – he does not feel bald because what he is seeing is hair.

Now – when you look at his crown – do you think “that does not look normal”. Of course not, you think – it looks thin, not bald – slightly thin but very natural. There are no gaps, weird patterns etc…

This patient wanted to focus his grafts on the front – 3000 grafts for zone 1 and 2 (hairline and mid-scalp). The same recommendation and look that many of you appose.

This is the look that I have committed myself to should my hair loss progress: nice hairline, zones 2 and 3 nice and full and a slightly thinning crown.

Looks good to me, and remember, this is worst case for someone who is coming in to rebuild their hairline.

» JB:
»
» With all due respect, you are playing out of your league here. Dr. Armani
» has an abundance of mature patients with skillfully crafted “adult”
» hairlines. Does his mastery of creating “teenage” hairlines translate into
» ineptness in creating “adult” hairlines? Please explain. You have gone down
» the treacherous road of misinformation and/or regurgitation of
» misinformation and hearsay.

With all due respect JT, I didn’t say he didn’t operate on mature patients. I asserted that his mastery of the adult hairline is nowhere near his mastery of the teenage hairline. I suspect it’s because he has spent so much time perfecting the teenage hairline. Unfortunately, in 5-10 more years, a lot of those dense-packed front guys are going to look like freaks. IMHO, Armani has a lot to learn. Or is it he already realizes his blunder and $25,000.00 a day is affecting his good judgment? :smiley:

Like ADP, I work with a guy with a freaky frontal strip. Needless to say, he’s not happy with his youthful decision to continue the teenage look when he had barely started to bald. Play now, and pay later. It’s your coin, so go ahead and flip it.

» Looks good to me, and remember, this is worst case for someone who is
» coming in to rebuild their hairline.

Revert that guy back to 23-years-old and waste 2500 grafts in front of where Armani built his hairline 3 decades later, and you would have a completely different outcome. There is a huge difference between operating on a guy who is 53 and seen the extent of his hairloss and operating on a 23-year-old future NW7 who wants 2500 grafts jammed into his eyebrows so his friends won’t tease him about being a balding NW1.

The fact that the older patient you show in the pictures has a good outcome is precisely due to the fact that he did not get his eyebrows restored at 23. Thus when he finally came in to get work done, his full donor was utilized to maximize his result in an “older look.” That in itself is proof of my assertion. If Armani’s young patients are not in danger of messing up their looks later in life, why does Armani place higher hairlines on patients with high degrees of existing baldness?

You and I know it is impossible to judge the degree of baldness in a mid-20’s patient. To claim otherwise is irresponsible. I’m not telling you anything new here. Donor limitation is the biggest limitation in HT. Armani has not solved this problem.

James Bond:Revert that guy back to 23-years-old and waste 2500 grafts in front of where Armani built his hairline 3 decades later, and you would have a completely different outcome. There is a huge difference between operating on a guy who is 53 and seen the extent of his hairloss and operating on a 23-year-old future NW7 who wants 2500 grafts jammed into his eyebrows so his friends won’t tease him about being a balding NW1.

The fact that the older patient you show in the pictures has a good outcome is precisely due to the fact that he did not get his eyebrows restored at 23. Thus when he finally came in to get work done, his full donor was utilized to maximize his result in an “older look.” That in itself is proof of my assertion. If Armani’s young patients are not in danger of messing up their looks later in life, why does Armani place higher hairlines on patients with high degrees of existing baldness?

You and I know it is impossible to judge the degree of baldness in a mid-20’s patient. To claim otherwise is irresponsible. I’m not telling you anything new here. Donor limitation is the biggest limitation in HT. Armani has not solved this problem.

No, but Armani has told people, on occasion, not to worry about aggressive hts because a cure is coming. He even implied he was working a on cure himself. Honestly, I’m tired of repeating myself on this matter. I believe Armani’s an exemplary surgeon, but his aggressive hairlines are downright reckless. Moreso, I often wonder if Armani would evoke the same levels of confidence (in his word) if his last name differed from a prestigious clothing label.

» » JB:
» »
» » With all due respect, you are playing out of your league here. Dr.
» Armani
» » has an abundance of mature patients with skillfully crafted “adult”
» » hairlines. Does his mastery of creating “teenage” hairlines translate
» into
» » ineptness in creating “adult” hairlines? Please explain. You have gone
» down
» » the treacherous road of misinformation and/or regurgitation of
» » misinformation and hearsay.
»
» With all due respect JT, I didn’t say he didn’t operate on mature
» patients. I asserted that his mastery of the adult hairline is nowhere near
» his mastery of the teenage hairline. I suspect it’s because he has spent so
» much time perfecting the teenage hairline. Unfortunately, in 5-10 more
» years, a lot of those dense-packed front guys are going to look like
» freaks. IMHO, Armani has a lot to learn. Or is it he already realizes his
» blunder and $25,000.00 a day is affecting his good judgment? :smiley:
»

I’m not a big fan of the aggresive hairlines. It will catch up with the patients in 5 to 10 years.
» Like ADP, I work with a guy with a freaky frontal strip. Needless to say,
» he’s not happy with his youthful decision to continue the teenage look when
» he had barely started to bald. Play now, and pay later. It’s your coin, so
» go ahead and flip it.

» I believe
» Armani’s an exemplary surgeon, but his aggressive hairlines are downright
» reckless.

I agree 100%.

»
» I’m not a big fan of the aggresive hairlines. It will catch up with the
» patients in 5 to 10 years.

Dr. Armani has been doing Hair Transpalnts for about 12 years now… If this statement is true, then where are all the unhappy patients that this occurred to? I have never seen an Armani patient that had an unatural look as suggested in this thread. Sure, some people may thin behind their transplant, this is the case no matter who you go with.

If you are getting a HT, you need to know that you may need a 2nd pass later down the road.