Any old friends on here!

Are there any old friends here!!! I’m still on my transplant journey, would love to hear from you about yours !!would love to tell you about my trip’s and result’s and hear yours.[left][left][left][left][center[/left]][/left][[/left]l[/left]eft][/left]

Please do share, sounds like you have been dealing with hair transplant issues for a while.

Mine started 27 yrs ago, there was no internet only muscle and fitness with
joe weirder and Dr. bosley in every magazine. I jump on bosley and was promised
a full head of hair(I took them at there word)now I was 23 and a full Norwood 7
some hair .but pattern was obvious. After 8 scalp reeducations and grafts done
monthly I was told turns out I was not a good candidate after all(I had spoken
with them every month and assured everything was on plan)it was to late to
turn back. now we were on the 9 floor of an office building and you can imagine
this did not go over well with me. I was ready to die and take the smug ass
doctor with me(my plan did not work)I knew my life was over way before this,
but to be told this way was as wrong as a person could be. He did not care
no empathy what so ever, needless to say I was in deep depression and suicidal.
It truly is amazing I’m alive today, but it has lead me down a lonely and
miserable life. Never married no friends and all of the best years of my life
gone and oh yea bankrupt. This is the first step in a long process I will
tell it all, but can’t do it at one time. I will finish this part on this
on this note to wear a hair peace my head had to be shaved and I would have
to wear a complete toupee, my donor hair was so depleted that is the only
option I had.

Part #2 info commercial, drinking wine talking casual no big deal!! come see us for
for a full head of hair. Off to the steel city I flew(can’t remember the name
sorry part of my life). When I arrived they were in disbelief they actually
thought I was exaggerating even though pictures were sent. The doctor that was
supposed to do my surgery suddenly left the room and to my surprise in walked
the doctor sipping the wine(there big dog)He was going to fix me himself he was
realistic. He knew I could not be fixed, but did not say that trying to be
optimistic he tried to relieve my anxiety. That would not interfere with a
payday though, he proceed to take grafts and place them in front of my head
(Don’t be fooled though these were massive grafts 15-20 graft plugs)They were
nice people talked me into coming back, back I went for #2 after all I had
there big dog(the best of the best)same thing massive grafts, finally my
spider sense kicked in(dumdass and desperate senses, shall we say)so that
was that. back to self pity and my best friend severe depression!! were do we
go from here(the million dollar question)still no internet, no one to talk to
the pistol was my best friend oh if I could tell you how many nights we talked
to pull the trigger(that takes more guts than you think)so I was gutless and for
years again I hide under my hat, my next best friend. I dreamed though of burning
every hat I had ever seen, but only in my mind because I never sleep!!! Is this
a discussion forum or am I still all alone?

test

was on my way to saying how hairsite helped save my life when my 2 hour post
disappeared. it is tough typing with 1 finger will have to wait till another
day!!!

Are there supposed to be photos in your post? I see a lot of broken codes like these

][/left][[/left]l[/left]eft][/left]

You see those broken code’s in my first post!! This is the first time I have
been on this site in 8 yrs or so, just seeing what did what. There should be
tons of pictures on here of me. I know at least 3 Dr. on this site have
pictures of me, I don’t mind if they post them or hairsite post them. At one
time you could google 69sting and see pictures not sure if that is still the
case. I don’t keep pictures of me (to many bad memories)but with that said any
one with pictures has my permission to post them as long as they block out my
face. Anyway next I drove to Atlanta to meet Ron, this was for a toupee. this
was my 2nd visit to see him, but when I got there he told me he had a dr. that
did transplant and wanted me to meet him. Ron is a VERY good guy and he was bald
also, so I meet the dr. and I was amazed he really cared about people was not
about money!! He showed empathy, no ego just a great guy something I had not
seen since the start of my transplant(we will say journey)He was an artist, but
you have to know that all of my plugs to this point were at least 8-20 hair
grafts that stuck straight up in the air(just like a doll). This was a barbaric
time in this business, nothing like today, anyway Dr. Didchoia and I know I
misspelled his name and that is on me. He tried every thing to help me, but was
limited in what he could do. He did not have the options that are available
today, but at this time he was a godsend, after he exhausted all of his means
I was back in my hat and waiting for what would be next and that was the
internet and hairsite(and that is were I meet the best people in the world)
They saved my life Eternal hope and dj just to to name a few!!

So from here everything changes, The internet and people who truly know what you are going through. I meet good people who called me and talked for 100’s of hours, the 2 I mentioned were only a few. One of the big topics at the time was Dr. Gho who claimed he could pluck hair and you would get 2 hair’s for everyone, in other words the donor hair would grow back along with the piece of plucked hair would grow in the transplanted area( sound to good to be true mmmmmmm!!) Well as you can guess I was the first to go to the Netherlands. When I arrived, there was a beautiful lady waiting on me, but when she saw me she immediately called Dr. Gho and he came running. They actually thought I was exaggerateing, even though pictures were sent, but we decided to proceed. This was a four day procedure( a slow one) the procedure was done basically in a hallway, but on the 3rd day Dr. Gho took me to an elevator and took me to a basement when the door opened I was in shock. There was a marble room with people working on all kind’s of equipment Dr. Gho was an inventor not a surgeon, but he had a fear of needles and had invented the coolest needle for numbing the scalp it felt like a thump on your head when he numbed it(I wish every doctor had this). The plucking procedure did not work!!! Dr. Gho never touched my head, always make sure the doctor does the hair extractions (after all he is the surgeon and that is what you are paying for). See a trend here, desperate people are the first to be guinea pigs!!!

69sting! i remember your user name. Things no longer the same around here, all hopes for hair cloning or hair multiplication pretty much down the drain; used to be the main reason why i came here. I had high hopes for Aderans and sadly they went out of business too, no more research. One thing i am thankful for is that i never went for a hair transplant :slight_smile: my hair is very thin now , just counting the says when i proudly go bald one day or when there is a real breakthrough, whichever comes first LOL

iPod. you are right things sure have changed, not much interaction anymore. I remember back in 1995 all we heard was hair multiplication was 5 years away then 5 years would come and go and the same story started all over again will be here in 5 years!!! It sure has been a long 5 years but none the less I was to far in, I had to keep looking. My next trip was back to Atlanta, but this time it was to meet Dr. Cole I drove 4 hours for a 2 minute meeting. Dr. Cole looked at my head and said I see an angry red scalp and left. I was sitting there talking to 2 of his employees and I ask when is Dr .Cole coming back and they replied he’s not, so I got up and drove 4 hours home. Eventually he did move around a few grafts, but nothing to make a difference at all

I’m interested in following your thread. I too have been posting on forums like this for years, and have been severely damaged by dishonest and incompetent hair transplant doctors. I recently posted a long thread discussing my own experiences with repair surgery with Dr Cole that wasted $36,000 with virtually zero growth. (Thread title in my signature below, do a search if you want to read it).

I intend to start a new thread soon about how “repair” surgeries can be just as much of a ripoff, and as badly done as the surgeries they are supposed to be fixing.

In the meantime, I’m listening.

Topcat was asking about you, you can still find him on Farrel’s site. Or email me here if you want his email address:

hairtransplantdisaster@hotmail.com

Cheers

Now from here the internet was wide open Dr. Woods was doing body hair grafts and other doctors were starting to follow in his foot steps. Things were very optimistic (at least for me) or so I thought. There was a new Dr. on the internet doing body hair graft from India. Dr. A was all over the internet. He was doing body hair grafts and donor sealing to prevent any body scars and you guessed it off to India I went!!! Dr. A was a very nice guy and we planned a 2 week trip about 15,000 Bh grafts. You can imagine how this was I had somebody on each arm each leg and stomach all at the same time removing grafts, this went on for 10 days. The 2 weeks were for me to fly there get surgery and fly back and go straight to work. The grafts that were used to lower my hairline starting growing very early and well at this time I was very pleased. Dr. A and Dr. Umar also removed some huge grafts and redistributed them. The pictures of them that were posted got all kinds of response, most being said that it looked like I was having tumors removed. I went back for a 2nd round of 15,000 bh grafts, but after a while all of the grafts fell out now granted my head is nothing but scar tissue, but the new hairline was in an area with no scar tissue at all virgin scalp and they fell out to. My donor area never healed my arms and legs look like I have age spots all over them and I get red dots all over them anytime I am in the sun. I never thought the pictures that were posted of me was what I saw when I looked in the mirror, but none the less they were a hit and everybody thought 69 sting was living happy ever after. I tried to have the pictures removed, but to no avail !!! I did fly to California to let Dr. Umar look at my head and he could not believe this was the same head that was in the pictures, but as I said they were already a hit !!

my e-mail is 69sting@charter.net

I forgot, This is why you should always have the doctor remove all grafts
that is the most important part of the transplant and that is what you are
paying for !!

Some doctors believe that it can be better to surround and camouflage the older plugs with new, modern follicular unit grafts. The commonly used “coring” graft correction technique is too crude, and destroys too many hair follicles. Coring is when the doctor uses a medium sized punch to punch out (core) tissue randomly from the center of the big plug, which makes it less pluggy, but destroys a high percentage of hair follicles in the process. I don’t believe that “repair” surgeries do enough to conserve precious donor hair. Every hair follicle that gets destroyed during “corrective” procedures leaves the patient with even less coverage than before the surgery. Wasting hair follicles is the cardinal sin of hair transplantation. The doctors should remove the entire plug, in my opinion, and dissect it under a microscope to recycle that hair, instead of randomly taking a section out, which destroys follicles in the removed tissue, and destroys follicles still remaining in the scalp. Sure, the plug will look less pluggy, but it’s because the repair procedure destroys a lot of those follicles.

In my case, I started out with 300 plugs and “some coverage” but after approximately 15 “repair” procedures, the top of my scalp is covered with scars from the original surgery AND the repairs, but without virtually any hair coverage at all. Between the original surgery and multiple repair procedures, doctors have destroyed virtually my entire donor supply, and I have almost no hair on top to show for it. Just scarring.

Besides coring, some doctors also use FUE to debulk pluggy grafts, but the recycled hair has a lousy survival rate (I read almost half of follicles salvaged during “repair” FUE procedures don’t survive). I’m sure that many doctors aren’t able to perform FUE competently, either. In my case, Dr Cole and Dr Mwamba were still learning FUE when they “donated” their time work on me, which seemed like a great thing at the time (free work) but virtually none of Dr Cole’s grafts survived.

On a case by case basis, it can be much better to leave the entire graft alone, and surround it with new camouflage grafts, or carefully remove the entire plug and dissect it under magnification - a process that I was told was “too slow” – too slow for the doctor, not for the patient! Every hair is important, and every follicle that the doctors destroy will leave the patient further and further from the goal of looking normal.

I will go into this topic later (incompetent and ineffective repair procedures), with photos and more details. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Arfy never apologize for venting or just speaking your mind, believe me I feel your pain. That is what these forums are supposed to be not about which doctor can post the most pictures. I have been through all of the same things as you and know how devasting it can be. After my trip to India I was just giving up,. all promises and no results. I have not been on a hair forum since then, until now. 2 and a half years ago I called Dr. Umar and talked with him, now I got to know Dr. Umar very well years back and I had decided I had to do something I did not go anywhere if I could not wear a hat( no weddings, no funerals no nothing just work and home living under my hat) you loose all of your friends and family living this way!!!

I ask Dr. Umar if he thought I could ever be fixed? He ask for pictures of my beard area (he was never in any doubt that he could help me) now you know I was skeptical about beard hair I was afraid of scarring after all I had scarring all over my body and head. I scheduled an appointment with him and had a 3000 graft session of beard hair mostly. Now that was almost 3 years ago I was not going to post anything again until I new the full results of the procedure. no more false hope, but I am happy to say the results I got were excellent I looked the best I have looked since I started this 27 years ago. ABSOULTY no way to tell were the beard hair was taken and all of the grafts grew and still growing. My hairline is from my lower beard area. His graft removal is so small it heals almost as fast as they were removed That is why I think only the doctor should remove the grafts. I was so pleased with the results that I have scheduled another session with him march 1st . Believe me I would not post anything if I was not thrilled with the result from my last procedure, now don’t get me wrong I will never have a full thick head of hair what I am looking for is a natural looking head of hair and truly believe this one will put me in a place I never thought I would never get to.

tried to post picture, no luck. computers and I are not friends and I don’t
save many pictures will get some at the first of march!!

Interesting going back with “the wayback machine” Wayback Machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20061107010728/http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=30259&mode=full

If you could work out the dates of your work you may be able to link back to an old thread (a bit hit and miss with what was saved).

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by 69sting[/postedby]
So from here everything changes, The internet and people who truly know what you are going through. I meet good people who called me and talked for 100’s of hours, the 2 I mentioned were only a few. One of the big topics at the time was Dr. Gho who claimed he could pluck hair and you would get 2 hair’s for everyone, in other words the donor hair would grow back along with the piece of plucked hair would grow in the transplanted area( sound to good to be true mmmmmmm!!) Well as you can guess I was the first to go to the Netherlands. When I arrived, there was a beautiful lady waiting on me, but when she saw me she immediately called Dr. Gho and he came running. They actually thought I was exaggerateing, even though pictures were sent, but we decided to proceed. This was a four day procedure( a slow one) the procedure was done basically in a hallway, but on the 3rd day Dr. Gho took me to an elevator and took me to a basement when the door opened I was in shock. There was a marble room with people working on all kind’s of equipment Dr. Gho was an inventor not a surgeon, but he had a fear of needles and had invented the coolest needle for numbing the scalp it felt like a thump on your head when he numbed it(I wish every doctor had this). The plucking procedure did not work!!! Dr. Gho never touched my head, always make sure the doctor does the hair extractions (after all he is the surgeon and that is what you are paying for). See a trend here, desperate people are the first to be guinea pigs!!![/quote]

I am quite intrigued by this, so Dr. Gho is really doing some kind of hair multiplication research? Are you still in touch with him? Do you still if he is still working on hair multiplication?