AIDS about to be cured using stem cell based technology

I bet this is going to be on the market sooner than hm …

Wow! Impressive new technology that heals the cell by removing the virus’s dna (if I have understood correctly).

It looks like a big step in medicine.

Maybe one day it can be used to remove the bad genes causing hair loss and replace them with good ones.

» Wow! Impressive new technology that heals the cell by removing the virus’s
» dna (if I have understood correctly).
»
» It looks like a big step in medicine.
»
» Maybe one day it can be used to remove the bad genes causing hair loss and
» replace them with good ones.

I honestly don’t understand why someone would post something like this. All it’s going to do is give gay people a false sense of security that a cure is just around the corner and there will be a sexual frenzy again within the gay community. All these people will probably get AIDs and that 10 year window will turn into a 20 year window. I am sure San Francisco would be hugging and kissing each other celebrating in the streets if these were the local headlines in the paper Debris.

I never thought about AIDS since I have a girlfriend but I have to think that AIDS is one of those diseases that there will never be a cure for because there’s simply too much money to be made in not curing it. It’s just like baldness. The only cure that I know of is not shampooing but most people won’t do it. As far as a miracle pill that will grow your hair back and you won’t have to take another pill after to maintain, forget it, it ain’t going to happen. Follow the money people, follow the money.

Kramer it seems once again you trying to spark the plugs with the no shampooing theory. You try to say that people who don’t follow your approach are some how stupid (cause you are telling us that the only way is your way and we do not hear you)!

You better stop, because as has mentioned before, even if your leader grow back his hair it will mean NOTHING!!! There is no proof for what you claim so better stop saying it!

As for the AIDS, is very nice to hear that the have finally found a way to deal with this deadly disease. I will agree with Kramer though that money is s strong enemy against getting the cure on the market, as it has been done before…

» I honestly don’t understand why someone would post something like this.
» All it’s going to do is give gay people a false sense of security that a
» cure is just around the corner and there will be a sexual frenzy again
» within the gay community. All these people will probably get AIDs and that
» 10 year window will turn into a 20 year window. I am sure San Francisco
» would be hugging and kissing each other celebrating in the streets if
» these were the local headlines in the paper Debris.

what does AIDS have to do with gay people in particular ?

» what does AIDS have to do with gay people in particular ?

it’s always been said that AIDS was created and targeted at gay people and minorities. just recently on the news they had a string of convenient stores that reportedly had ‘defective condoms’ and the funny thing is they were in well known gay and urban neighborhoods in three major cities.

» Maybe one day it can be used to remove the bad genes causing hair loss and
» replace them with good ones.

lol, yea and all the greedy pharmaceutical companies that make billions of money every year from the various AIDS/HIV drugs will gladly volunteer to lose their stocks and let their companies go under.

» » Maybe one day it can be used to remove the bad genes causing hair loss
» and
» » replace them with good ones.
»
» lol, yea and all the greedy pharmaceutical companies that make billions of
» money every year from the various AIDS/HIV drugs will gladly volunteer to
» lose their stocks and let their companies go under.

Exactly Redman. I like your style Redman and since this is a gay topic don’t take that as some come on. I am not gay, not that there’s anything wrong with that. For the record, I always look straight ahead in the urinals if a guy is taking a leak next to me.

Igor, the proof shall set you free from shampoo I say. You fail to see what so many others do see. I see Lawrence’s regrowth photos and that is MY proof. I don’t care what you think though I will not give up spreading the gospel according to my leader Dr. Lawrence Cutsinger. Our mission is to one day live in a sudless society where everyone is happy and gay and all have thick full heads of hair. Wouldn’t that be great Igor.:slight_smile:

» » I honestly don’t understand why someone would post something like this.
» » All it’s going to do is give gay people a false sense of security that
» a
» » cure is just around the corner and there will be a sexual frenzy again
» » within the gay community. All these people will probably get AIDs and
» that
» » 10 year window will turn into a 20 year window. I am sure San Francisco
» » would be hugging and kissing each other celebrating in the streets if
» » these were the local headlines in the paper Debris.
»
» what does AIDS have to do with gay people in particular ?

You obviously were not a guy who grew up in the 80’s were you FatalEvolution. I didn’t think so. I think Eddie Murphy started it all off with his Norton and Ralphie imitation if you know what I mean. The rest was history.

» I never thought about AIDS since I have a girlfriend but I have to think
» that AIDS is one of those diseases that there will never be a cure for
» because there’s simply too much money to be made in not curing it. It’s
» just like baldness. The only cure that I know of is not shampooing but
» most people won’t do it. As far as a miracle pill that will grow your hair
» back and you won’t have to take another pill after to maintain, forget it,
» it ain’t going to happen. Follow the money people, follow the money.

You are seriously misinformed. Once upon a time, AIDS was thought to be a homosexual disease, but it spread to the heteralsexual commmunity a long time ago. If you and/or your girlfriend have been sexually active with several partners over the last decade or two, I seriously recommend that you two get tested immediately! I am not joking about this at all. Females are especially vulnerable because they are the catcher’s mitt.

Don’t take my word for it, read the statistics that are freely available on the web. And if you have had sex with female prostitutes, you are part of a group that is at much higher risk for AIDS than homosexual couples. If you wear a condom during sex, your risk is greatly reduced, but you are still at risk.

In short, if your girlfriend cannot prove she was a virgin before you met her or if you have had sex with women other than her, get tested. AIDS can lay dormant for a very long time.

Mr. Bond, you ask anyone the word AIDS and their very first reactions STILL is it’s a gay disease. Aids is a homosexual disease started in the bath houses of San Francisco by some gay French pilot that spread it from city to city if my memory serves me right. Sure, it’s also a heterosexual disease because some of the guys wanted to remain in the closet and married women to pretend they weren’t gay and they spread it to females. These divorced Females of closet gay men then spread it eventually to normal guys like Magic Johnson who is still alive only because he is rich enough to afford all these drugs so generously provided by the pharmaceautical companies.

Kramer is right. I bet they never come out with a cure. At minimum it will be some “drug” you’ll have to take the rest of your life like Propecia. In other words if you don’t take it you will die just like your hair will fall out if you quit taking Propecia. Does anyone know if any of Kevin Trudeau’s books have a natural cure for Aids? I love that guy. He really sticks it to the drug companies.

AIDS is a virus, and we have never “cured” a virus.

Thats really all that needs to be said folks. We come up with vaccines that keep you from contracting a virus if exposed to it, but we have never been able to kill a virus once in the human body. Viruses can imprint their DNA in your DNA, which is one of the reasons a genetic cure for hairloss will probably be placed on the backs of friendly viruses to get through the dermis and change you hair DNA, but that of course is several decades away.

Its silly to think that drug companies are not trying to eradicate the disease. The scientists working at the national institutes of health (government funded) are certainly trying to cure it. AIDS has claimed the lives of many of the “elite”, and is not just a disease of our poor. Homosexuals transmit the disease more because of the tissue tears on the microscopic level and the heat generated by anal intercourse. Drug users who needle of course are more likely to transmit it rather than snorters or smokers of drugs.

Its an insult to the people who are busting their butts in labs poring over date, testing on animals, working at the chalkboard, balancing immensely complex chemical equations and the like to say that its some sort of conspiracy…

I do have some bad news regarding AIDS though…it can mutate, and even though we might be able to come up with a vaccine for the predominate strain, different strains will probably mutate over time, and evade the initial vaccine. The mutations may be a result of the drugs used against it now over many years. We are all at risk, and everybody has rolled the dice with a few women in their past and went without a rubber.

Nazi scientists were obsessed with ideas like this one.They were really advanced in their studies on cells & genes.Unfortunately most of their documents & medical studies were lost to the Russians who probably used these valuable documents as toilet paper.What a waste.

Any body with an ounce of intelligence would know that Aids is a man made disease.

» Mr. Bond, you ask anyone the word AIDS and their very first reactions
» STILL is it’s a gay disease. Aids is a homosexual disease started in the
» bath houses of San Francisco by some gay French pilot that spread it from
» city to city if my memory serves me right. Sure, it’s also a heterosexual
» disease because some of the guys wanted to remain in the closet and
» married women to pretend they weren’t gay and they spread it to females.
» These divorced Females of closet gay men then spread it eventually to
» normal guys like Magic Johnson who is still alive only because he is rich
» enough to afford all these drugs so generously provided by the
» pharmaceautical companies.

LOL, ok you and Kramer guys look like you’ve informed yourself seriously :ok:

anyway, AIDS is no gay disease. Go to Botswana, Swaziland or some countries like this if you don’t believe me, it’s almost 50% of the population whose begin contaminated : poor countries, poor sanitary rules, deadly spead of the virus. THe fact that hiv spreads more easily to gay people is just because there are sexual behaviors that are more prone to passe the virus, like doing it anally :o Doing it with a girl that has her periods is very risky too, doing it anally with a girl is of the same risk as two gay people doing it together. Furthermore, females have a greater risk in being contaminated than men (~1/3 ratio), and if a girl who has her period sleeps with an hiv positive guy, the risk for her to be contaminated is almost 100%. The greatest risk being addiction to drugs which require injections with syringes, like heroin, infected syringes=100% risk :expressionless: Those are official statistics. That said, AIDS has the lowest probability of contamination among all others sexual diseases (herpes, hepatitis, syphilis …)

» AIDS is a virus, and we have never “cured” a virus.

Smallpox is reported to have been totally irradicated.

IMHO to talk about AIDS as a ‘gay’ disease is totally misleading and promotes a false sense of security among the heteosexual community. Anyone can catch AIDS regardless of their sexuality.

There was a report about a man in New York (I think) whose partner had died of AIDS but he was clean and some women who worked as prostitutes in a part of Africa where the disease is rife were also HIV negative despite practising unsafe sex and apparently unable to contract HIV. Scientists were studying how some people seem immune. I believe there will be a cure one day.

» AIDS is a virus, and we have never “cured” a virus.

there’s no cure for the common cold, but any man made disease or virus has a cure. create a problem for everyone when you already have a solution but make people have to PAY for it and better yet if your solution only HELPS the problem and doesn’t CURE it then people will have to KEEP coming back for more and spending more $$$. wouldn’t be the first time in world history man has done it. Rockefeller comes to mind.

» Any body with an ounce of intelligence would know that Aids is a man made
» disease.

exactly, yet a majority of the public believes it just fell out of the sky or APPEARED out from nowhere suddenly after the Vietnam war.

» » AIDS is a virus, and we have never “cured” a virus.
»
» Smallpox is reported to have been totally irradicated.
»
» IMHO to talk about AIDS as a ‘gay’ disease is totally misleading and
» promotes a false sense of security among the heteosexual community. Anyone
» can catch AIDS regardless of their sexuality.
»
» There was a report about a man in New York (I think) whose partner had
» died of AIDS but he was clean and some women who worked as prostitutes in
» a part of Africa where the disease is rife were also HIV negative despite
» practising unsafe sex and apparently unable to contract HIV. Scientists
» were studying how some people seem immune. I believe there will be a cure
» one day.

Smallpox has been Eradicated through prevention. We never CURED it. There is a difference between CURING something (giving pill X to someone with smallpox, and then they dont have it anymore) and just vaccinating it out of existence because it has no new acceptable hosts (people) to keep it alive and it dies out on its own.

I seen the PBS documentuary about the African Prostitutes who seemingly could not contract the virus, and studying their genetics and coming up with a genetic intravaneous therapy would be wonderful. However this therapy STILL would not CURE someone who already has their body’s cells infected with AIDS. CURE and VACCINE are still two different things. I’d rather have both, but realize the former will represent something that has heretofore not been done in medicine, no matter how much we would like to see it come to fruition.

» exactly, yet a majority of the public believes it just fell out of the sky
» or APPEARED out from nowhere suddenly after the Vietnam war.