Admin please REMOVE SNAKE OIL\' THREAD for outrageous Bald Ass guy grows hair

Obviously a good transplant wouldn’t match up to claims of that thread, please remove it, and it’s nonsense is beneath this type of forum, let him go post it on one of those sites that sell those kinds of things please, not here of all places.

FollicleSherlock, do you have any clue what you’re talking about? Do a little research into the claim, watch the original videos and look into it some more. Kevin Nguyen is real and his story is real. Some people really can restore their hair from a NW6 to NW2 in a few months using products on the market. Very rare but it does happen.

Sorry to say this, but your attitude has been wholly “I know better than you little plebes” since you’ve arrived on this forum. You’ve even tried to recruit people off onto “the private forum” while insinuating that this forum is inferior.

I don’t say this often here, but STFU!!!

You’re a very smart guy… but you can be VERY condescending!

Obviously you’re the one who needs to do the research. Unless you’ve got actual responses to what I’ve said in that thread, and can explain why he can’t provide a video of what was asked instead of hiding behind his current lame Youtube video, as well as behind his honey, Sonny…

Youtube…Facebook…fundraising page…who knows what all else… :ok:

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Jacob[/postedby]
Obviously you’re the one who needs to do the research. Unless you’ve got actual responses to what I’ve said in that thread, and can explain why he can’t provide a video of what was asked instead of hiding behind his current lame Youtube video, as well as behind his honey, Sonny…

Youtube…Facebook…fundraising page…who knows what all else… :ok:[/quote]

This is pretty damn stupid.

You got involved in that discussion weeks after Kevin arrived. Kevin did not invite himself here, he wasn’t lurking around to post on HairSite, he was INVITED here by someone quite a while after a HairSiter found his video on YouTube. The person who located him and invited him here wasn’t even the person who found the video.

Kevin’s story is believable. There are cases, albeit very rare, of people regrowing almost all their lost hair with Propecia or Dutasteride and other drugs. It is EXCEEDINGLY RARE, but it does happen. If you think it’s impossible and that it has to be a skam, that’s your problem.

The fact is that this does happen, but cases like this generally only show up when the hairloss is very recent and happened very quickly. Young people with very recent onset MPB (maybe 1-2 years), whose MPB has also been very rapid, may be the best responders.

Also, it doesn’t matter what brand name stuff you use. Propecia or Dutasteride are just as good as ScalpMed. There is nothing magic about ScalpMed. It’s the same sh*t, different bottle.

Kevin isn’t deliberately skamming people, he just happened to be using ScalpMed… so what?

Remember, he didn’t show up here himself, HairSiters who had no idea who he was or where he was, sought him out and invited him here.

Plus his videos are believable. The actual photos and footage are believable.

This stuff about demanding that he shave his head on YouTube is just pretty damn stupid, too. He just got his hair back. Why would he want to shave it now?

People do occasionally grow their hair back. Our HairSite member Jarjarbinx temporarily regrew all his hair (or almost all of it), using RU58841, a few years ago, then lost it all again when he stopped using it.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone could grow all their hair back?

WTF do you think a YouTube video of Kevin shaving his scalp is going to show?

If he’s a liar, such a video could be faked, too.

No, it is pretty damn right on the money.

Does it really matter how he got here if it turns out he’s full of it?

No, I don’t think it’s “impossible”. But when I saw “ScalpMed”…red flags went up. So instead of just believing everything right away- I looked at it more closely.

He just so happened to be using ScalpMed. He just so happened to start tracking his progress from the beginning. He just so happened to put it on YOUTUBE. He just so happened to put up a Facebook page on it. He just so happened to use both to try to drum up money. On the latter it makes it conceivable to believe that yes, he just so happened to be using ScalpMed. To be asking for money is PATHETIC- and when one also sees what he’s doing and what he’s avoiding- it adds up to a s-cam, snake-oil’n…whatever you want to call it.

And obviously you didn’t read all what I said. Besides you not responding to the various points I’ve made, including his honey shill’r tag-teaming on here…I was not asking that he shave his head in the end. I asked for just another video in good lighting showing off the top of his head. Notice in the one he provides- 99+ % is him just talking and facing the camera. Just glimpses of the top his head. And to me it still looks thinned out- even with the lighting and even possibly darkening the scalp somehow. Regardless of what you think about my opinion on that existing video, why would someone who showed his FACE to the whole WORLD on Youtube not just provide another one to “clear things up”? And then ignoring the request is one thing. Having him and his buddy tag-team and go off to other diversions and on their he/she nonsense etc is just…well it makes it obvious…

I agree roger_that… except the part about jarjar regrowing all of his hair… i have great doubts about that… i.e. why would someone who is so obsessive about hair loss and found a successful remedy abandon it entirely simply because the purchased batches were too inconsistent in quality… that just seems beyond any logic. Requests for photographic evidence were also declined by jarjar…

anyway, back on topic… even if this guy is asking for donations… it is obvious that he’s not going to get a whole lot of donations… it’s not like he is selling a product or something… so i fail to see what his incentive would be to lie about his regrowth… everyone here is free to chose whether or not they want to donate to him… I dont recall him ever having actively asked for handouts or anything… its ludicrous that whenever someone actually reports a success story, that they are subsequently subjected to slander and attacks and their credibility is scrutinized and questioned beyond reason… it’s ridiculously counterproductive to our cause…

apart from that his story and photographic evidence seems entirely believable…

Youtube…Facebook…fundraising page…who knows what all else… :ok:

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

This is pretty damn stupid.

You got involved in that discussion weeks after Kevin arrived. Kevin did not invite himself here, he wasn’t lurking around to post on HairSite, he was INVITED here by someone quite a while after a HairSiter found his video on YouTube. The person who located him and invited him here wasn’t even the person who found the video.

Kevin’s story is believable. There are cases, albeit very rare, of people regrowing almost all their lost hair with Propecia or Dutasteride and other drugs. It is EXCEEDINGLY RARE, but it does happen. If you think it’s impossible and that it has to be a skam, that’s your problem.

The fact is that this does happen, but cases like this generally only show up when the hairloss is very recent and happened very quickly. Young people with very recent onset MPB (maybe 1-2 years), whose MPB has also been very rapid, may be the best responders.

Also, it doesn’t matter what brand name stuff you use. Propecia or Dutasteride are just as good as ScalpMed. There is nothing magic about ScalpMed. It’s the same sh*t, different bottle.

Kevin isn’t deliberately skamming people, he just happened to be using ScalpMed… so what?

Remember, he didn’t show up here himself, HairSiters who had no idea who he was or where he was, sought him out and invited him here.

Plus his videos are believable. The actual photos and footage are believable.

This stuff about demanding that he shave his head on YouTube is just pretty damn stupid, too. He just got his hair back. Why would he want to shave it now?

People do occasionally grow their hair back. Our HairSite member Jarjarbinx temporarily regrew all his hair (or almost all of it), using RU58841, a few years ago, then lost it all again when he stopped using it.

Why is it so hard to believe that someone could grow all their hair back?

WTF do you think a YouTube video of Kevin shaving his scalp is going to show?

If he’s a liar, such a video could be faked, too.[/quote]

It doesn’t matter if you think he’s not going to get a lot of donations. It doesn’t matter if he’s not posting- please support me! The point is- he’s being sleazeball enough to try. And we don’t really know if he’s involved with ScalpMed…which has a history of this kind of crap. It really doesn’t matter- he’s not even willing to provide something that would really show us what his results are.

What’s ludicrous is that certain ppl can’t tell the difference between someone just posting their results etc and someone using Youtube and Facebook and forums to try to collect some cash and possibly even shill for a certain company. Then look at their(yes…their) responses when just a simple new video is requested.

every crappy software developer who wrote a sh*tty piece of software goes out and asks for donations… from my own experience I can assure you that you hardly ever receive donations… asking for donations is entirely voluntary and moreover it is entirely different from having a commercial incentive or agenda…

if he were selling a guide on how to restore your hair, or some ScalpMed product or whatever, then I would agree with you that he is probably perusing some kind of commercial interest… but condemning him for setting up a donation link… you’ve got to be kidding.

It doesn’t matter if you think he’s not going to get a lot of donations. It doesn’t matter if he’s not posting- please support me! The point is- he’s being sleazeball enough to try. And we don’t really know if he’s involved with ScalpMed…which has a history of this kind of crap. It really doesn’t matter- he’s not even willing to provide something that would really show us what his results are.

What’s ludicrous is that certain ppl can’t tell the difference between someone just posting their results etc and someone using Youtube and Facebook and forums to try to collect some cash and possibly even shill for a certain company. Then look at their(yes…their) responses when just a simple new video is requested.[/quote]

Hairman, I agree.

With respect to Jarjar, I think in his case not only did he get a series of bad batches of RU, he also developed some pretty serious feminizing side effects (gynecomastia, etc.) and decided to stop using it and look for something else.

Also my understanding is that all this happened over 10 years ago, so he may no longer respond as well to RU, even if he decided to try it again.

As far as Jacob goes, admittedly he brings up some interesting points about Kevin, which I have thought of myself (e.g., he just happened to start documenting the results on video from the start, etc.)

OTOH, the fact that he “just happened to be using ScalpMed” in and of itself doesn’t mean he’s skamming, because ScalpMed is nothing more than Minoxidil in a different bottle. Most people know this, and this information is easily available to the public. People are not THAT dumb.

If Jacob thinks Kevin’s results are faked, then I have a question for Jacob: How exactly did he fake the hair on his head? Is it a wig? A lace “hair system”? Or maybe he had a full head of hair in the first place and just faked his baldness? Maybe in the first pictures, he had a shaved head?

The point is that it is not impossible for someone who is NW6 to regrow hair to the point of NW2, especially in someone whose hairloss is of very recent onset and progressed very rapidly.

The fact that a random person on the internet has done something which is exceedingly rare, but possible, but who happens to be associated with a product sold by a company that is known for shady marketing tactics, does not NECESSARILY mean the guy is a liar and the whole thing is a big con, that he’s on ScalpMed’s payroll as part of a big elaborate skam paid for by that company.

I agree with one thing. The donations thing does bother me. DONATIONS FOR WHAT?? Why the f*ck is this guy asking for donations? He got his hair back. He knows how to keep his hair. What good would donations do? Does he want to show off his regrown hair on the beaches of Maui, or something?

But even that doesn’t necessarily mean the story is a skam. If he were being paid by ScalpMed for lying to us, would he then also need donations? Maybe ScalpMed isn’t paying him enough?

Most likely he just wants to cash in on his new fame. A typical American instinct these days. He probably doesn’t make squat at his computer nerd job and is just hard up for cash. Everyone’s a greedy wannabe superstar these days, or just looking for some angle to make money. Maybe he’s talking to Paramount, too, about movie rights to his saga.

No, I don’t think it’s “impossible”. But when I saw “ScalpMed”…red flags went up. So instead of just believing everything right away- I looked at it more closely.
[/quote]

So, unless it is propecia or minoxidil, if he said he regain his hair with any other “experimental” treatment, would you still accuse him of working for that product?

[postedby]Originally Posted by osma_27[/postedby]

So, unless it is propecia or minoxidil, if he said he regain his hair with any other “experimental” treatment, would you still accuse him of working for that product?[/quote]

No…newbie…I don’t even use those two myself.

As far as Jacob goes, admittedly he brings up some interesting points about Kevin, which I have thought of myself (e.g., he just happened to start documenting the results on video from the start, etc.)

OTOH, the fact that he “just happened to be using ScalpMed” in and of itself doesn’t mean he’s skamming, because ScalpMed is nothing more than Minoxidil in a different bottle. Most people know this, and this information is easily available to the public. People are not THAT dumb.

Most people may know that, but it’s still not the point. Plenty do not know that, and again- ScalpMed has a history of this crap.

If Jacob thinks Kevin’s results are faked, then I have a question for Jacob: How exactly did he fake the hair on his head? Is it a wig? A lace “hair system”? Or maybe he had a full head of hair in the first place and just faked his baldness? Maybe in the first pictures, he had a shaved head?

Again…if you’d have actually read what I’ve said…In response to Timmy I pointed out that the photos are not that clear/crisp, but look at the first “before”. You can still see there’s hair coming up all over the place, even though it’s a bit blurry. To me it just looks like the hair is getting longer- it’s not clear enough to see a spot where- here’s no hair coming up- the same spot- here’s new hair.

Edit: And a new video would TELL US if he indeed has an actual full head of hair.

Here’s the post with the pictures again: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-117344-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

I just noticed that it says 120 days for the final picture. Not if he were “bald”.

Even the person posting that said:“We agree he was in a kinda bad situation but we can still see he is not completely bald - there are hairs all over the scalp (normal + thinned)”

BTW…your “shaved head” in the first pictures- possibly. Let it grow a bit first afterwards. Cut a bit off here and there, etc.

The fact that a random person on the internet has done something which is exceedingly rare, but possible, but who happens to be associated with a product sold by a company that is known for shady marketing tactics, does not NECESSARILY mean the guy is a liar and the whole thing is a big con, that he’s on ScalpMed’s payroll as part of a big elaborate skam paid for by that company.

Except that it doesn’t end just there. He puts on Youtube…again, just happens to have it all set up and ready to go. He devotes a Facebook page to it. Then they’re all linked to a fundraising page

I agree with one thing. The donations thing does bother me. DONATIONS FOR WHAT?? Why the f*ck is this guy asking for donations? He got his hair back. He knows how to keep his hair. What good would donations do? Does he want to show off his regrown hair on the beaches of Maui, or something?

But even that doesn’t necessarily mean the story is a skam. If he were being paid by ScalpMed for lying to us, would he then also need donations? Maybe ScalpMed isn’t paying him enough?

To me the reasons don’t even matter. Having a fundraising page is just sleazeballish. Being paid by ScalpMed or not…getting paid enough or not(hey, I’m making money on this…might as well try to get some more!)…it’s just a huge red flag.

The request for a new vid…the diversions…tag-teaming… :waving:

You’re not making any sense. If he were working on a product or device for hairloss, then the “crappy software developer” analogy would make sense. But you say if he were doing that- it wouldn’t be right. It makes sense for anyone to just ask for donations, but not if they’re actually working on something for hair loss? I’d question both btw, unless it were some legit company and/or researcher.

Again…the tag-team…the diversions instead of just posting a new vid after plastering his face all over Youtube and Facebook…etc.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

[/quote]

This is the poster formerly known as KO

you should check these results. I think Kevin’s results may well be meds.

This is the poster formerly known as KO

you should check these results. I think Kevin’s results may well be meds.

And the time frames actually make sense on those.

No what I was saying is that it is not uncommon for non-profit orientated projects to ask for donations.

Manufacturing and selling a product is an entirely different issue. That is aimed at profit…

You’re not making any sense. If he were working on a product or device for hairloss, then the “crappy software developer” analogy would make sense. But you say if he were doing that- it wouldn’t be right. It makes sense for anyone to just ask for donations, but not if they’re actually working on something for hair loss? I’d question both btw, unless it were some legit company and/or researcher.

Again…the tag-team…the diversions instead of just posting a new vid after plastering his face all over Youtube and Facebook…etc.[/quote]

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
FollicleSherlock, do you have any clue what you’re talking about? Do a little research into the claim, watch the original videos and look into it some more. Kevin Nguyen is real and his story is real. Some people really can restore their hair from a NW6 to NW2 in a few months using products on the market. Very rare but it does happen.
[/quote]

Given the benefit of the doubt, how do reports of an outlier move the conversation on AGA treatment forward?

I saw the video and read the thread here he is on prior to this, even corresponded with said gentleman by post here in effort to summarize the added ingredients beyond minoxidil, to which he replied, read the scalpmed label, which implied buy a bottle of scalpmed.

Look, he could be legitimate or not, either way how does an OUTLIER if one were to give him the benefit of the doubt help move the conversation towards actual treatment of AGA here forward?

Unless you propose that all users of Scalpmed are outliers or above the moving average for those using just kirkland minoxidil, if so i am all ears as to support for that claim.

Until then with the views the thread is racking up, all that concretely has happened is attention has been taken away from treatments and the purchases of scalpmed it leads one to the knee jerk reaction to make have shot up and his donation button has taken on the state of an innie belly button.

So you’re saying he’s not aiming at profit? :smiley:

He’s a sleazeball no matter how you look at it…or try to look at it.

[quote]No what I was saying is that it is not uncommon for non-profit orientated projects to ask for donations.

Manufacturing and selling a product is an entirely different issue. That is aimed at profit…

[postedby]Originally Posted by Jacob[/postedby]

Again…the tag-team…the diversions instead of just posting a new vid after plastering his face all over Youtube and Facebook…etc.

[postedby]Originally Posted by hairman2[/postedby][/quote]

On top giving the benefit of the doubt, don’t ask me why though, he would be an extreme statistical outlier, beyond 3 standard deviations of what one could expect from just minoxidil and ancillary ingredients if they are proffered to offer any further efficacy.

If he were really onto something with the “multimodality” from these ancillary ingredients with minoxidil and about to put all HT Dr.'s to shame with such fertilizer, then I ask what is the probability one can calculate of such an extreme statistical outlier (ie. extremely low probability of getting that result) having union with the extremely low probability of taking meticulous before and after pictures and tractability and further the union of asking for donations what success stories have you ever seen ask for such and further union of creating a very public video and promotional effort with his spare time instead of simply posting his before and afters on face or here and moving on happily with his prior private life?

Still the above doesn’t rule him out, anymore than the chance of being snowed in, in Jamaica in the summertime.

So I will entertain this, please someone reiterate to the room on the exact extra ingredients & amounts in summary first and mode of action topically and how they are viable adjuncts to minoxidil, not only working to potentiate minoxidil, but also perhaps addressing other pathology of AGA.

(after all is said and done here, realize we are talking about minoxidil, a substance that doesn’t address directly the genetic disease of AGA, however instead provides a temporary cosmetic offset of growth not sustainable with traditional 5AR and AA medications in the prescription formulary)

Oh please don’t encourage more kool-aid making. There are enough drinking it the way it is.

The guy won’t even provide a video to prove better his claimed results(and I will never believe any he does put out now). This is someone who has his whole face and name plastered on Youtube and Facebook, etc.

Also consider his pictures are only after 120 days. B.S. See the time-frames for the propecia and/or minox results KO posted a link to.

And yes…then there’s the cute tag-team they had going on here…the fundraising page…etc.