ADERANS restoring hair NOW in NYC

» I got in the trial!!!
» They will do a general exam first, and then give us all a date.
» I’m in NYC… but there are also trials in several other cities… so
» everyone should try and get in.
Did they tell you what they will do at the trials?

» I got in the trial!!!

awesome, can I get a signature? I’m in europe. You are possibly the first guy who will grow new hair!! :slight_smile: You’re my hero now :slight_smile:

» Does anyone else here live in the NYC area?
» I’ve been hearing many radio ads on WCBS, WABC, WOR and WFAN for Aderans’
» new clinical trials for “cellular regeneration” of hair in New York City.
» They need several dozen participants for their “cell-based hair
» regeneration project.”
» I’m going to call them on Friday (Dec. 26th) to see if I can get in on the
» trials. That’s right… the BaldHalf-Truth will be a Guinea Pig. :stuck_out_tongue:
» Has anyone else heard these commercials? They’re running night and day.
» Go to www.AderansResearch.com and click on Clinical Updates for their
» phone number.
» Is Washinek heading these trials?

@Bald-HalfTruth:

Please, do as you can to confirm the number of trialists in this PhaseII trial. The number of trialists is a very significant figure that will tell us how serious is this trial.
A trial with 100 trialists will be quite expensive and this would indicate that there is serious money backing it.

» I got in the trial!!!

Have they made you sign an non-disclosure agreement yet?

» I got in the trial!!!

Great! Wow, trials in several other cities!! This looks like paradise!! :smiley:

It seems that indeed there will be 100 trialists!!

After so many bad news, I think there is still hope…

» » I got in the trial!!!
» » They will do a general exam first, and then give us all a date.
» » I’m in NYC… but there are also trials in several other cities… so
» » everyone should try and get in.
»
»
» Great! Wow, trials in several other cities!! This looks like paradise!!
» :smiley:
»
» It seems that indeed there will be 100 trialists!!
»
» After so many bad news, I think there is still hope…

yes, this is truly 5 years away if it works.

Agreed.

Phase #2 of the FDA trials on humans ACTUALLY IS “within 5 years to market” if nothing else major goes wrong.

Do you know what other cities are available for getting in the trials? I didn’t even think to look because I thought it was NY only.

Found it. Damn. Not in my city.

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html

Does anyone know how “prominent” is prominent? I’m a diffuse thinner but more of my issues are in the front. I definitely have hairloss in the crown area as well but I can reasonably cover it with the hair behind it grown a little long.

I’m pretty close to DC so I may throw my name in the hat as well. Regardless, good luck B-HT.

edit:: nevermind, rejected :frowning: ahh well… sounded like an interesting process though. Can’t remember the exact details but from what I recall it involved taking and cultivating skin samples from the neck area and then injecting them once they were ready to grow new follicles

why are more people on this forum not talking about Aderans? Seldom do I see a topic about ARI. ARI has been at it for a while. They are really the only hope right now.

» Agreed.
»
» Phase #2 of the FDA trials on humans ACTUALLY IS “within 5
» years to market” if nothing else major goes wrong.

Yes, I also agree. But at least this 5-year projection is feasible, not like the others.
Also, the fact that they are enrolling so many trialists means that they have something potentially good. And, they are being quite secretive about it, which is also a very good signal IMO.

» why are more people on this forum not talking about Aderans? Seldom do I
» see a topic about ARI. ARI has been at it for a while. They are really the
» only hope right now.

I think it is basically because ARI has stopped making headlines and they are flying in stealth mode. No updates, no interviews, etc. This is VERY GOOD, because this means that these trials are not intended for advertising for Aderans (the wig maker), but are real trials.

They seem to be going in full momentum, in spite of the crisis and lack of credit.

» » why are more people on this forum not talking about Aderans? Seldom do I
» » see a topic about ARI. ARI has been at it for a while. They are really
» the
» » only hope right now.
»
» I think it is basically because ARI has stopped making headlines and they
» are flying in stealth mode. No updates, no interviews, etc. This is VERY
» GOOD, because this means that these trials are not intended for advertising
» for Aderans (the wig maker), but are real trials.
»
» They seem to be going in full momentum, in spite of the crisis and lack of
» credit.

I have Dr. Washenicks phone number and I spoke with his secretary a few months back. She did not seem totally reluctant to answer some of my questions, although I didn’t ask too many hard questions as I was hoping to speak to Dr Washenick himself. She basically told me that they are really busy and the trials are indeed taking place and feel free to call back in a couple months. I believe those were her exact words. I’m going to try calling again when I have some spare time. Anything anyone really wants to know? I have a few questions for them but if you can thing of anything good I will definitely consider asking them.

Hi Minitor:

About asking questions to Washenik’s secretary… I don’t know… we have been in this situation so many times before with other researchers… we asked so many questions… and we didn’t get anything solid.

At the same time, ARI doesn’t seem interested in making much noise with these trials, so I doubt they will give us many details about the procedure employed.

Anyway, a few questions could be:
-how many people are they going to “inject” in this phase II trial?. Ask them if 100 trialists is an accurate number.
-also ask them if they are going to use those little plastic rods (i.e. “scaffolds” ) to hold the cultured cells, or they are going to inject just the cells without “scaffold”.
-and ask them if they are going to treat a small area in the scalp or a big one.

Well, for now I think these could suffice. I think it is useless to ask them about density, direction, quality, etc because these questions are sort of taboos…

thank you!

They really don’t give clinical volunteers much information about the trials.
They’re holding a lot of info close to the vest.
I had to go to the corporate offices on West 55th Street.
However, they did tell me they were looking for about 30-40 test patients for the New York trials alone. So I assume the national total will be AT LEAST 100. They did say they’d be using FOUR small test areas on my scalp. I didn’t see Ken Washenik at the time. But I was told I’d be meeting him in the future. And YES… we all have to sign a non-disclosure contract. But nobody here knows my identity.

If you told them you’re using Propecia, Avodart, Minoxidal or anything else like that… it’s an automatic disqualification.

» I got in the trial!!!

they have it in my city, how much time would be required for us to be there? if it’s time consuming do they pay out for doing this?

we all have to sign a non-disclosure contract. But
» nobody here knows my identity.

Will you publish the photos of your scalp here, after the regrowth?

» » I got in the trial!!!
» » They will do a general exam first, and then give us all a date.
» » I’m in NYC… but there are also trials in several other cities… so
» » everyone should try and get in.
»
» they have it in my city, how much time would be required for us to be
» there? if it’s time consuming do they pay out for doing this?
If I’m remembering right, its a once a month visit for a period of about 12-14 months, and they pay $50 per visit. Not bad imo.