ADERANS restoring hair NOW in NYC

Does anyone else here live in the NYC area?
I’ve been hearing many radio ads on WCBS, WABC, WOR and WFAN for Aderans’ new clinical trials for “cellular regeneration” of hair in New York City.
They need several dozen participants for their “cell-based hair regeneration project.”
I’m going to call them on Friday (Dec. 26th) to see if I can get in on the trials. That’s right… the BaldHalf-Truth will be a Guinea Pig. :stuck_out_tongue:
Has anyone else heard these commercials? They’re running night and day.
Go to www.AderansResearch.com and click on Clinical Updates for their phone number.
Is Washinek heading these trials?

I think Washenik is in NYC, he must be in charge of the trial.

good news.

If they only start human trial now or say in 2009, it will take at least 1 year to complete and if all goes well, do they need to spend another year for phase 2 trial before they go through FDA? What I am asking is with the human trial and FDA approval process, it may be 5 years away again???

» If they only start human trial now or say in 2009, it will take at least 1
» year to complete and if all goes well, do they need to spend another year
» for phase 2 trial before they go through FDA? What I am asking is with the
» human trial and FDA approval process, it may be 5 years away again???

I spoke with Dr. Washeniks secretary a couple of weeks ago. She was very nice and polite. She said to check back in a couple of months for an update. I believe she said that this is Aderans 2nd set of trials, so it may or not be phase II ( although I did not see anything on the FDA’s website). If you recall, Aderans held trials in the UK about a year or more ago when ICX was still all the buzz, so this may very well be phase two (maybe one of the older posters knows how to get around the FDA’s website better than I. Dr. Washeniks secretary did seem to mention that the FDA is having a very heavy hand in this. Either way, it is of my opinion that Aderans is the only team that is not “winging” it so to speak. They studied Jahoda’s along with Dr. Gho’s research a long time ago and knew it would likely take much more than DP cells to get a replicable protocol. Intercytex on the other hand, not so much. Aderans has been very very quiet, but if you know how to do your own research, follow their patent trail. Also, take into consideration that they often don’t file patents on really new stuff because once they file a patent it becomes common knowledge (everyone reads the patent). So you likely won’t (or any other research group for that matter) be reading about any top secret findings. I know that ARI’s parent group is Bosley and trust me, I know all about Bosley. I do have a good feeling about ARI though. I get a good vibe from the people i have spoken with.

» I do have a good feeling about ARI though. I get a good vibe from
» the people i have spoken with.

I hope ARI is for real, these days you can’t trust anyone anymore, look at the Bernie Madoff guy who scammed $50 BILLION from people. I think it’s good that ARI keeps quiet about their research. If you have real substance, you don’t need to make a lot of noise to hype everything up, time and results will prove

Also, if this form of follicular neogenesis is succesful, think of all the jobs it could possibly bring for the people of The United States. Many people are experiencing hairloss but don’t see a viable option on the market to treat it.
Density issues could theoreticaly be conqueered and all of a sudden you have huge demand for a new treatment. Bosley has all of its HT mills in place, and they very well might try to market this adjunct to a hair transplant, but really would that be so bad? If you knew you would be able to add density to thinning/problem areas with follicular neogenesis would you go forward with having a Hair transplant done? What do you guys think?

http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html

We are conducting a Phase 2 clinical study to further evaluate the ability of our unique cell treatment process to elicit hair growth in men and women with hair loss. Based on the outcomes of our recent Phase 1 study conducted in the United Kingdom, Phase 2 will continue our research into the benefits of our process on pattern hair loss, known as androgenetic alopecia.”

I didn’t even know that they already finished their phase-I and are doing phase-II now. Wow! only if they can also surprise us with some real results in 09!

Good news to ring in the new year, thank you for the post, espeically when they finished phase 1 already, fantastic.

» I hope ARI is for real, these days you can’t trust anyone anymore

ARI is definitely for real. Years ago, I was in contact with their Chief Scientific Officer, Kurt Stenn. He is perhaps the most knowledgeable hair scientist in the world. It’s also important to note the researchers underneath him are not junior level researchers. They are first-class scientists who are capable of making bleeding edge breakthroughs on their own merits.

ARI is using a unique approach and places emphasis on 3D environments. Jahoda showed years ago 3D environments are necessary to maintain the cells at the highest level of potency. Furthermore, ARI uses a 2-cell approach that will go a LONG way to get around the dreaded inconsistency that has resulted in Gho and ICX’ work. In short, you can think of the ARI technique as implanting hair seeds that are fully self contained and tuned to grow new hair as opposed to Gho/ICX that culture and inject cells in a 2D manner and hope they go to the right places. In short the cells need to clump in order to provide a consistently proper signaling environment for growing hair. The clumping allows the necessary communication to jumpstart the process.

As for time frame, it could be done in 3 years if the problems have already been worked out and no further refinements/adjustments are necessary other than dosing. However, I suspect this is not the case and 5 years is more realistic than 3. I have no inside information that leads me to expect that. I’m judging purely from my observations of the problems Gho and ICX ran into during their efforts. (note: ICX has not given up yet so don’t take my post as if I’m declaring their research effort a failure. It is ongoing as we speak.)

» they very well might try to market this adjunct to a hair
» transplant, but really would that be so bad? If you knew you would be able
» to add density to thinning/problem areas with follicular neogenesis would
» you go forward with having a Hair transplant done? What do you guys think?

This will most certainly be marketed as an adjunct to a HT. There is no way for the technique to be performed to provide a well crafted hairline right out of the gate since we are talking new follicles as opposed to stimulating existing follicles. HM ARI-style will initially be used as a filler. The ultimate outcome of this technique would be to get an Armani hairline and use ARI-HM to fill in the rest. That would be as close to a cosmetic cure using this technique in stage one as I can imagine.

i live in n.y
think i will head for that too.
the thing is that i started using rogaine recently and its slowing my hair loss. don’t know if i should take the rish and stop it.
what do u think guys about this trial thing, will the for e.g inject u with little amount of grasfts say 100 or will this trial aim at big numbers?

if the case is so , then it might be inconvenient to go through the trial ,
what do u think ?
Advise??

» Does anyone else here live in the NYC area?
» I’ve been hearing many radio ads on WCBS, WABC, WOR and WFAN for Aderans’
» new clinical trials for “cellular regeneration” of hair in New York City.

Those words are illusively thrilling. “cellular hair regeneration” it’s almost the Eldorado for balds worldwide. However, what matters is to see this process a reality.

» They need several dozen participants for their “cell-based hair
» regeneration project.”
» I’m going to call them on Friday (Dec. 26th) to see if I can get in on the
» trials. That’s right… the BaldHalf-Truth will be a Guinea Pig. :stuck_out_tongue:
» Has anyone else heard these commercials? They’re running night and day.
» Go to www.AderansResearch.com and click on Clinical Updates for their
» phone number.
» Is Washinek heading these trials?

well aderans say on their website HM will likely be here before the end of the decade so they have 13 months to keep their word. They might have a deal with the FDA.

June 2005 - The company just completed its initial discussion with the FDA last week regarding this bio-technology approach to generate hair growth.
Ken Washenik, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director of Bosley and a world-renowned
hair loss expert, directs the research at Aderans Research Institute. “We are
very excited at how well our research in hair multiplication has progressed.
We are very close to the first time in history when the number of hairs on the scalp can be increased significantly.”

April 2006 - “We’re growing human hair, and we’re growing it on human skin,” Washenik says proudly.

They seem very confident but at the same time very secretive.

I wonder just what type of hair follicles these cells will supposedly “regenerate” (neogenesis?). Will they be “new born” follicles as if starting at the time in life of birth or will they simply take off from where the state the donor was in its current life cycle. It would be interesting to know the answer to this question as the procedure would otherwise have huge limitations.

» I wonder just what type of hair follicles these cells will supposedly
» “regenerate” (neogenesis?). Will they be “new born” follicles as if
» starting at the time in life of birth or will they simply take off from
» where the state the donor was in its current life cycle. It would be
» interesting to know the answer to this question as the procedure would
» otherwise have huge limitations.

It would probably be rejuvenation & neogenesis. The reason being that scalp can only support a certain density of new follicles after which the injections will start overlapping the existing dormant follicles thus rejuvenating those.

» http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_clinicupdates.html
»
» “We are conducting a Phase 2 clinical study to further evaluate the
» ability of our unique cell treatment process to elicit hair growth in men
» and women with hair loss.
Based on the outcomes of our recent Phase 1
» study conducted in the United Kingdom, Phase 2 will continue our research
» into the benefits of our process on pattern hair loss, known as
» androgenetic alopecia.”
»
» I didn’t even know that they already finished their phase-I and are doing
» phase-II now. Wow! only if they can also surprise us with some real results
» in 09!

The fact that they have done Phase I without any advertising makes me optimistic that they are really doing something worthy and serious… for a change!

» If they only start human trial now or say in 2009, it will take at least 1
» year to complete and if all goes well, do they need to spend another year
» for phase 2 trial before they go through FDA? What I am asking is with the
» human trial and FDA approval process, it may be 5 years away again???

Phase II means that its 5 years at least, so realisticaly 5 years a minimum, never a maximum. something between these two is the truth.

» Phase II means that its 5 years at least, so realisticaly 5 years a
» minimum, never a maximum. something between these two is the truth.

I’m not so sure, numerous people have mentioned that FDA is being constantly kept in the loop so there is this slight possibility that it may get approval after phase-II. Remember we were in similitar waters with Intercytex, however, NHRS didn’t allow release before phase-III. So until we hear more from official sources, i’d keep my fingers crossed.

Wow, that’s great news from ARI. It’s incredible that they are so positive after their phase I trials to estimate the technology will be ready by the end of the decade. Although, technically, the decade ends at the end of 2010, so it’s 2 years away.

» » Phase II means that its 5 years at least, so realisticaly 5 years a
» » minimum, never a maximum. something between these two is the truth.
»
» I’m not so sure, numerous people have mentioned that FDA is being
» constantly kept in the loop so there is this slight possibility that it may
» get approval after phase-II. Remember we were in similitar waters with
» Intercytex, however, NHRS didn’t allow release before phase-III. So until
» we hear more from official sources, i’d keep my fingers crossed.

It has never happened that new stuff would be approved after phase II. All this phase II is just something someone like “TheGame” made up in his sick mind and poisoned everyone else around. ICX hoped for this in the uk, because there it sometimes is possible. I’ve never heard of similar process with FDA.