Acell

» » Last line says Acell is already approved for other uses by FDA
» »
» »
» » "Sgt Shilo Harris admits his story sounds like science fiction.
» »
» » Every three days, Brooke Army Center doctors put some “Pixie Dust”
» where
» » Shilo’s left index finger used to be.
» »
» » “The first couple of times they did it I said, ‘That’s it?’ They said,
» » “That’s it.’ I said, 'Whoo, no needles!” Sgt. Harris said.
» »
» » Pixie Dust to regenerate a limb is uncharted territory. Shilo Harris is
» » the first.
» »
» » “Using Pixie Dust, we’re gonna use this product and see what happens,”
» Dr.
» » Steven Wolf said.
» »
» » “It’s real easy, it’s almost too simple,” Harris said.
» »
» » Army video shows Dr. Wolf putting Pixie dust on the Shilo’s finger for
» the
» » first time. That was one month ago.
» »
» » “After about a week, this little knot started coming up right here.”
» »
» » Everybody is curious about his Pixie Dust finger.
» »
» » “It’s growing, yeah,” Harris said.
» »
» » How long did they say it’ll take?
» »
» » They don’t know the answer to most questions, not even how it will
» look.
» »
» » “I think he’s probably going to end up with more length and maybe half
» a
» » finger,” Dr. Wolf said.
» »
» » “Even if it would grow out half, it would make a big difference because
» » I’m so limited with these two fingers,” Harris said.
» »
» » What is Pixie Dust? Think of it as cell food.
» »
» » “What it does is attracts stem cells, circulating cells all of us have
» » running around our bodies,” Dr. Wolf said.
» »
» » The cells stop to munch on the protein, fat and carb molecules in the
» » Pixie Dust, then they see the missing finger…and say:
» »
» » “I’m right here by a bone, therefore I need to be bone,” Dr. Wolf said.
» »
» » The bag of Pixie Dust, actually called cellular matrix, is a bargain.
» It
» » costs about $100, but for injured soldiers and, someday the rest of us:
» »
» » “It has endless possibilities,” Harris said. “How would you like to go
» the
» » doctor, man, you have a bad heart. The doctor says, 'Hey, you do, but
» well
» » I’ll grow you another one, no big deal.”
» »
» » Pixie dust, which comes from pig bladders, is already FDA approved for
» » other uses.”
»
»
» Actually what is Acell?Is it any hair growing drugs?How does it work?It is
» possible to get back the hair which i lost?

Nobody answer me:(

Acell pixie dust is a miracle drug. Try googling it.

And no currently you cannot regrow all your hair back. There has not been a single guy who would have accomplished something like that. Current treatments are good at keeping your existing hair or slowing down the hair loss, they are generarly poor and unsatisfying when it comes to regrowth.

Acell may regrow hair but noone knows yet if it will really.

Ok…so apparently Acell will be available next month. Doesn’t that mean it has already gone through human trials? And if it has already gone through trials then wouldn’t the researchers at Acell already know if it will regrow hair on a human?..or maybe I’m missing something.

» One more thing in the de novo hair paper of Cotsarelis which lead to
» founding Follica ,the researchers said in the Absract
»
» “Here we show that, after wounding, hair follicles form de novo in
» genetically normal adult mice. The regenerated hair follicles establish a
» stem cell population, express known molecular markers of follicle
» differentiation, produce a hair shaft and progress through all stages of
» the hair follicle cycle. Lineage analysis demonstrated that the nascent
» follicles arise from epithelial cells outside of the hair follicle stem
» cell niche, suggesting that epidermal cells in the wound assume a hair
» follicle stem cell phenotype.”
»
» Therefore its not a big deal if your hair follicls stem cells population
» has been damaged.For the Follica approach your epidermis is supposingly
» going to regenerate new hair follicles for you … So the question what are
» exactly those epidermal cells " in the wound ?"/epithélial cells (outside
» the hair follicle) ?

Basically it is saying that the new follicles dont come from old hair follicles. Epithelial cells (skin cells basically) from the epidermal layer of the skin have become hair follicle stem cells.

» at what level of depth they are located ?

Its the epidermis. So thats the outermost layers of skin. Since the very outer layers is just dead skin cells then we are talking somwhere under that. but not much.

and do you have them intact ?

Yes. They are just big words for skin cells really.

» DO you undestand my point ? guys any insights ?!

» If dermabrasion can’t even pose enough of a wound to uncork some follicle
» healing possibilities with Acell, then I don’t know how in the hell we
» think Folica has been producing ALL-NEW follicles with wounds no deeper
» than that already.

But Follica is using molecular cues to guide the stem cells to become hair follicles instead of new skin cells. Acell is just attracting stem cells and then they will use the cues available to them from their surroundings in deciding what they are going to become. This is why I think Follica is MUCH more likely to be succesful than Acell - its an intelligent directed approach that is actually interested in understanding what makes a cell decide to become a hair follicle and not another skin cell. Its not just shooting up on stem cells and hoping for the best. I think from the early days of cloning and stem cell therapy have shown that their are few if any shortcuts when it comes to this type of technology - it helps a great deal if you understand all the nitty gritty boring details about why something works the way it does instead of shooting stem cells into the brain of a guy with Parkinson’s and hoping they produce dopamine.
Yes its a slowish process and everyone wants a cure now but real progress is being made.
At any rate the balding scalp seems to be full of cues that tell hair follicle stem cells to take it easy and would encourage the growth of skin cells rather than hair. I think you would have to go pretty deep in terms of removing tissue to have a good hope of success here. Hair follicles are pretty deep in the skin.
hh

» These two do bind to the receptor as well dont they? So what is so new
» about this ASC-9 thing other then they used different marketing term to
» fool half of the planet to believe that this is the cure? I don’t get it. I
» tried to google more information about receptor degradation but did not
» find anything that would explain it enough.

Spiro and flutamide bind to the androgen receptor but dont tell it to do anything and when they are bound DHT cant bind to that receptor. As competitive antagonists they also fall off again or can be outgunned by a lot of DHT molecules.
ASC-J9 amongst other things appears to help break the androgen recptor down. So you have less androgen receptors.
"Here we report that adding 5-hydroxy-1,7-bis(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)-1,4,6-heptatrien-3-one (ASC-J9) disrupts the interaction between AR and its coregulators, and also increases cell survival by decreasing AR-polyQ nuclear aggregation and increasing AR-polyQ degradation in cultured cells."
Presumably it also has topical vs systemic effects otherwise it would be about as useful to stopping hairloss as cutting your testicles off. ie an effective treatment but with side effects.
hh

» But there’s still potential trouble before assuming ASC-J9 is a go.
»
» Benji recently dug up a study showing that licorice was actually KILLING
» hairs on rats.

Unless i’m mistaken the study was talking about humans.

» And chemically speaking, the methods of action between the
» licorice and circumin are similar.

What makes you say that? Some extracts of licorice are reported to be androgen antagonists (based on a Japanese article that we can only see the abstract of) while another extract had the effect mentioned above. We dont even know if it is due to the same compound.
hh

» I think the question is whether this effect is showing up with topical
» curcumin. If it’s not, then I think ASC-J9 is reasonably likely to be a
» safe bet not to damage hairs like licorice was doing.

Off the top of my head, I think the study in question was mentioning both rat and human info.

I didn’t mean to imply that the methods of action between circumin and licorice were VERY similiar, just that there might be enough spillover to warrant concern. They’re more similiar than circumin and minox, or circumin and Fin/Dut, for example.

I just don’t know about a ton of airtight studies demonstrating that circumin definitely can’t hurt hair. It makes a lot of chemical sense that circumin would help hair, and I know some guys have talked about having good experiences with it. But then again there are guys who tell you that Finasteride destroyed their hairline too.

I suspect we’ll rapidly learn a lot more about the hair possibilities once ASC-J9 hits the shelves for acne.

» » Correct me if I am wrong but the cat & dogs had their skin ripped off to
» » the bone.Both animals didn’t have any skin left behind.There was
» nothing
» » left except for their BONES but they were still able to regrow
» tissue,hair
» » & skin.
»
» The key here is the SIZE of the area. Tip of the finger, scars on animals
» all were small. I’m just guessing your strip scars are quite big, and that
» would definitely affect the result you’d get from ACELL.
»
» Just remember, if it were a magical cure, everyone would be talking about
» it but there aren’t - so it most definitely isn’t a cure for all sorts of
» regeneration. However, it has been shown to regenerate skin quite
» remarkably, so that is a really good thing for us!

I agree with Travis. I can’t imagine a strip scar (or multiple strip scars) creating enough scar tissue on his head to block and/or minimize signaling from health skin cells as the body regenerates itself.

I actually had a few hair transplant procedures performed by Bosley in the early 90’s that were undetectable for over a decade. However, as I continued to lose hair, they became visible and now mild scarring on my forehead can be seen, as well as the strip scars on the back of my head when I cut my hair very short. I can’t speak to your case specifically Travis, but it stands to reason that if hair transplantation was that damaging to the general skin cell population around the scalp human, then these procedures would show negative results pretty immediately in folks who are NM 3.5, 4, etc.

In my opinion, cutting out the strip scars from the donor area, getting a medium depth dermabrasion on the recipient area, and applying the Acell powder on the open wounds should significantly heal your scalp.

So b asically you are saying that no matters the scars one might have his epithelial cells are intact ?

Also am I the only one here that thinks that Acell+Follica might work in synergy ???

is this thing real? do we have proof that it really does what they say? i mean, it sounds so good that it sounds like a scam for me. i dont want to be negative, but do we have proof that they really tested it (by FDA) and that this thing is real?

this is just too great to be real…isn’t it? if they bring it out in july, then wow.

sorry, but like it seems, this is a scam.

why isnt there any news on google about it. i mean this would be a major breakthrough in mankind history. why isnt there any news if it comes out this month?

i cant say other, but this must be a scam.

sorry. really. i would hope, too, that its not, but apparently it is a scam.

» is this thing real? do we have proof that it really does what they say? i
» mean, it sounds so good that it sounds like a scam for me. i dont want to
» be negative, but do we have proof that they really tested it (by FDA) and
» that this thing is real?
»
» this is just too great to be real…isn’t it? if they bring it out in
» july, then wow.
I don’t think that anybody here really knows. It doesn’t seem to be a scam, it probably enhances healing of wounds and they state it also can regenerate lost tissue. But it might happen that it is a “scam” for the hair loss suffereres. That remains to see since probably someone will test in on a HT or by wounding once it comes available. We can just wait and see, either it works or it don’t :slight_smile:

i think its a scam at all. why isnt it in the news? i made a google news search and it didnt find anything about acell. if it will come out this month and is real, why isnt there any news? if we know it , media knows it, too. they would 100 % make media about it. so, im really sorry, but i cant say other that its a scam.

i give it 0,1 % possibility that its real, but not more. really, it would be to great to be true.

well, if its actually really true, then hey…great, great , great. but i dont think so.

» sorry, but like it seems, this is a scam.
»
» why isnt there any news on google about it. i mean this would be a major
» breakthrough in mankind history. why isnt there any news if it comes out
» this month?
»
» i cant say other, but this must be a scam.
»
» sorry. really. i would hope, too, that its not, but apparently it is a
» scam.

July does not always mean July 1st, and they wouldn’t say anything until it does come out. Anyway, whats the difference between not saying something during the end of June and not saying something on the first day of July?

» July does not always mean July 1st.

sure it doesnt. but if we know about it, media knows about it, too. so were are the news about it? a thing that comes out this month must be in the media if its that great and that real.

sorry, but it just can’t be real. you wanna bet? 1000 $?? :wink:

i found an article about Acell.

is the dailymail a good newspaper?

i found an article about Acell.

is the dailymail a good newspaper?

but still i dont believe it.

» i found an article about Acell.
»
» The amazing 'pixie dust' made from pigs bladder that regrew a severed finger in FOUR weeks | Daily Mail Online
»
» is the dailymail a good newspaper?
»
» but still i dont believe it.
Here is the latest about this product. A guy talked with an Acell representative today over the phone and got the following info:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=79769

well, i found this article and you found this phone talk of any guy.

sorry, but acell is about 99.9 percent fake. cant say it other. dont be so naive.

a powder with which you can regrow organs? well, science is developing, but not in that short time. this is impossible what acell does.

hell, if that was true…imagine!

if acell is true, i will cut of my finger and let it regrow with acell. :smiley: