Acell Information

I spoke with Acell today and got answers to most of the questions asked by forum members.

1. What denatures the ecm?
  2. Would the slightest denaturing put fibrous tissue were a hair follicle would be?

You should not use TOPICAL antibiotics or cleansers. The ECM has antibacterial properties already. Any denaturing would probably generate fibrous tissue where a hair follicle would be.

1. Have they seen Dr. Jones’ blog, what do they think of the results so far and is this typical?

2. Any incidence of side effects, rejection from the immune system, complications of any kind ? Doesn’t have to be hair related, but in general.

They have seen the blog and at this point, they feel that it looks like scar tissue has formed. Dr. Jones plans on trying several techniques to determine which procedure will be the most optimal.

They know of no incidence of side of effects or rejection at this point. Even though the use of Acell is fairly new at this point, ECM’S have been used on over 500,000 patients with no side effects or rejection. There is no rejection because no cells / cell markers from the pig are contained in the ECM. Our bodies accept the collegen / growth factors…similar to the TH2 response in pregnant women (there body sees the fetus as a foreign body but does not reject it).

please ask them if they intend to release an acell gel, if so when, thanks

Possible release of a Topical Gel but no timeframe at this point.

Do you have a confirm from some doctors using acell about a regrowth of hairs?

None in the donor area at this point…it’s too early at this point. One doctor did use Acell in conjunction with a BHT (beard hair). Growth of the hair was accomplished with the use of Acell and a section (where Acell was not used) had no growth.

1. When do they expect photos to be uploaded to their site?

2. Would hyaluronic acid (HA) denature the acell ecm? I am wondering if keeping an acell covered wound moist with HA in addition or instead of saline would be a better option than just saline alone. (Willy, if unfamiliar with HA, do a simple google search and you’ll understand why I ask this question.)

3. Will the acell gel be an injectable or just a topical.

Photos should be posted on the website fairly soon…but no exact timeframe.

HA acid should not be used with Acell

The gel will be a topical…no time frame at this point.

Have they talked with Dr. Jones about or do they know what Dr. Jones’ plans are for future testing with Acell? When will he start a new experiment?

Dr. Jones does plan on trying different protocols but no definate plans at this point.

See if they’ll confirm if Acell has ever regrown functioning hair follicles on ANY part of the human body.

They are not aware if Acell has ever regrown functioning hair follicles on any part of the human body. They have primarily treated (at this point) parts of the body where you wouldn’t see hair…fingers, diabetic ulcers,ect…

Willy, please ask what type of physicians, other than HT docs, are currently experimenting with acell.

I know of only one cosmetic surgeon (the one in New York) who used acell once and that was for a scar on the forehead. So please find out if he was the only other PS or derm using acell. Also, please ask when he expects photos from this patient (mentioned above). It’s been 6 months since the treatment and every time I speak with Mike Manning he says that he expects new photos shortly.

It has been used by plastic surgeons, hand centers, the military, ect…

The protocol calls for Acell to be applied weekly. You can bandage the area or apply hydrogel to keep the wound moist. In the future, they will have layered sheets (they will stay in longer before being absorbed.

At this point, they are still confident with their product…time will tell.

Hopefully this answers most of the questions you guys have. I don’t plan on calling them for another month or two.

Take Care,
Bill

Thanks willy answered a lot of questions.

Willy,

With all due respect to you and your efforts, you are making a huge deal out of Acell. You are really wasting your own time, and much worse, you are wasting all of our time here, on this board, and taking up lots of space with your posts, and diverting everyone’s attention away from important news, and puffing this thing up way out of proportion!

I have been following this board about 1.5 years now and it is very obvious you know nothing about the biology involved in any of this, and you’re on a really futile quest. Your initial ideas did not pan out, it did not work, it came to nothing, the doctors found nothing in the way of growing new hair, but you persist in writing threads about Acell on this board, and I have to say that you are really misguiding the people here with what amounts to a foolish hope.

Where is your understanding of the science, even a slight understanding? It doesn’t exist.

Please, stop wasting everyone’s time and diverting us here from the truly important things going on.

And please do not try to defend yourself by saying “What if…” or “there is a possibility”… I could say that there’s a possibility of growing hair on my head from applying a mixture of bird droppings and cayenne pepper, and get all excited about it, and make 2-3 posts a week about it, but if there’s no evidence it will actually grow significant amount of new hair, then it is dead in the water, just like Acell.

So please stop misleading and misguiding everyone here, stop this ridiculous Acell stuff, you are just puffing up your ego and hoping that there’s a small chance that you might become a hero!

You will not become a hero, and this won’t grow any hair. As far as healing wounds, so what if it does? This is a HAIR LOSS BOARD, not a wound healing board. If it’s not about actually growing new hair, then take it to another website, please!!!

Thank you and Good Bye for now!

gollumisbald4now

A big thank you, Willy!!

Thanks Willy.

That was very helpful. I have no opinion as to whether this will work or not but I think atleast testing Acell is certainly justified and it seems that some others within the medical field do as well.

Keep up the good work.

» Thanks Willy.
»
» That was very helpful. I have no opinion as to whether this will work or
» not but I think atleast testing Acell is certainly justified and it seems
» that some others within the medical field do as well.
»
» Keep up the good work.

Excuse me, but what good work has he done?

I think you are just kissing his you-know-what.

He doesn’t deserve all of this praise. He hasn’t done a thing useful here, only divert people’s attentions away from the really important stuff.

And for that, he deserves an award? He deserves praise?

I don’t think so!

Good Bye for now,

gollumisbald4now

» Excuse me, but what good work has he done?

Excuse me, but what good work have you done? Why would you come on here and bash someone who is genuinely trying to help? He has nothing to gain from the research that he has done. He is not promoting his own products or services, but trying to look for solutions to our problem.

Good Bye for now.

I am someone who is interested in Acell and I do want to hear about things involving Acell in that I think its important and interesting. I am not convinced that Acell is going to do anything but I felt compelled to post because I would rather keep an open discussion and not discourage people who are making an effort.

Thats fine if your not interested in Acell and want to derail someone in your first post on this website. I on the other hand feel differently about it. To each his own.

» » Thanks Willy.
» »
» » That was very helpful. I have no opinion as to whether this will work
» or
» » not but I think atleast testing Acell is certainly justified and it
» seems
» » that some others within the medical field do as well.
» »
» » Keep up the good work.
»
» Excuse me, but what good work has he done?
»
» I think you are just kissing his you-know-what.
»
» He doesn’t deserve all of this praise. He hasn’t done a thing useful
» here, only divert people’s attentions away from the really important
» stuff.
»
» And for that, he deserves an award? He deserves praise?
»
» I don’t think so!
»
» Good Bye for now,
»
» gollumisbald4now

Willy, They said that one doctor did use it on beard hair and it grew in that section and the section it wasn’t used in had no growth, Isn’t that a positive development?.

I still believe that if it can be made to be injectable there’s a good chance that it would help awaken resting follicles, Like the Stanford study was doing with another ECM.

And one more thing, gollumisbald4now go F**k yourself.

» I am someone who is interested in Acell and I do want to hear about things
» involving Acell in that I think its important and interesting.

I guarantee, Acell is a waste of your time and everyone’s time here on this Board.

Good Bye for now,

gollumisbald4now

Cheers for the information willy.

And so they should be confident, this is the stuff that our bodies use to regenerate our tissues. This is the stuff that has regenerated a complete sexual organ, a bladder and many other simple tissues (to do any regeneration you have to stop fibrosis). It has even regenerated tendons. This stuff will work, if, our clever tissues are not stopped from crawling up and through it.

The only way this stuff would not work is if chemical additives denature it.

» I spoke with Acell today and got answers to most of the
» questions asked by forum members.
»
»
» 1. What denatures the ecm?
» 2. Would the slightest denaturing put fibrous tissue were a hair follicle
» would be?
»
» You should not use TOPICAL antibiotics or cleansers. The ECM
» has antibacterial properties already. Any denaturing would probably
» generate fibrous tissue where a hair follicle would be.
»
»
»
» 1) Have they seen Dr. Jones’ blog, what do they think of the results so
» far and is this typical?
»
» 2) Any incidence of side effects, rejection from the immune system,
» complications of any kind ? Doesn’t have to be hair related, but in
» general.
»
» They have seen the blog and at this point, they feel that it
» looks like scar tissue has formed. Dr. Jones plans on trying several
» techniques to determine which procedure will be the most optimal.
»
» They know of no incidence of side of effects or rejection at this point.
» Even though the use of Acell is fairly new at this point, ECM’S have been
» used on over 500,000 patients with no side effects or rejection. There is
» no rejection because no cells / cell markers from the pig are contained in
» the ECM. Our bodies accept the collegen / growth factors…similar to the
» TH2 response in pregnant women (there body sees the fetus as a foreign body
» but does not reject it).
»
»
»
» please ask them if they intend to release an acell gel, if so when, thanks
»
»
» Possible release of a Topical Gel but no timeframe at this
» point.
»
»
»
» Do you have a confirm from some doctors using acell about a regrowth of
» hairs?
»
» None in the donor area at this point…it’s too early at this
» point. One doctor did use Acell in conjunction with a BHT (beard hair).
» Growth of the hair was accomplished with the use of Acell and a section
» (where Acell was not used) had no growth.
»
»
»
» 1) When do they expect photos to be uploaded to their site?
»
» 2) Would hyaluronic acid (HA) denature the acell ecm? I am wondering if
» keeping an acell covered wound moist with HA in addition or instead of
» saline would be a better option than just saline alone. (Willy, if
» unfamiliar with HA, do a simple google search and you’ll understand why I
» ask this question.)
»
» 3) Will the acell gel be an injectable or just a topical.
»
» Photos should be posted on the website fairly soon…but no
» exact timeframe.
»
» HA acid should not be used with Acell
»
» The gel will be a topical…no time frame at this point.
»
»
»
» Have they talked with Dr. Jones about or do they know what Dr. Jones’
» plans are for future testing with Acell? When will he start a new
» experiment?
»
» Dr. Jones does plan on trying different protocols but no
» definate plans at this point.
»
»
»
» See if they’ll confirm if Acell has ever regrown functioning hair
» follicles on ANY part of the human body.
»
» They are not aware if Acell has ever regrown functioning hair
» follicles on any part of the human body. They have primarily treated (at
» this point) parts of the body where you wouldn’t see hair…fingers,
» diabetic ulcers,ect…
»
»
»
» Willy, please ask what type of physicians, other than HT docs, are
» currently experimenting with acell.
»
» I know of only one cosmetic surgeon (the one in New York) who used acell
» once and that was for a scar on the forehead. So please find out if he was
» the only other PS or derm using acell. Also, please ask when he expects
» photos from this patient (mentioned above). It’s been 6 months since the
» treatment and every time I speak with Mike Manning he says that he expects
» new photos shortly.
»
» It has been used by plastic surgeons, hand centers, the
» military, ect…
»
»
»
»
» The protocol calls for Acell to be applied weekly.
» You can bandage the area or apply hydrogel to keep the wound moist. In the
» future, they will have layered sheets (they will stay in longer before
» being absorbed.
»
» At this point, they are still confident with their product…time will
» tell.
»
» Hopefully this answers most of the questions you guys have. I don’t plan
» on calling them for another month or two.
»
» Take Care,
» Bill

Thank you Willy! Keep up the good work!

» » I am someone who is interested in Acell and I do want to hear about
» things
» » involving Acell in that I think its important and interesting.
»
» I guarantee, Acell is a waste of your time and everyone’s time here on
» this Board.
»
» Good Bye for now,
»
» gollumisbald4now

No one is forcing you to read posts about acell.
I’m sure you have the brain power to move your eyes down slightly and ignore these posts if you want.
They are not diverting attention from important info because there isn’t much of that around here, there is currently no HM or cure so there is nothing to divert from, unless you want all the emo posts about “how to live your life with hairloss” at the top, which are in completely the wrong forum!
Other than that its arguments about ICX or follica and time lines.
No one is wasting space, there is plenty here for everyone!
But as a matter of fact its wastefull posts like yours in this thread that are wasting space/time.

Willy is being proactive and following up something he believes (and others) may help in one way or the other, instead of moaning and whinning and basically doing nothing. If it doesn’t work then fine, at least we tried and trying is better than never knowing.

It is the opinion of many posters here that Acell is worth following and if you don’t believe it then well done, have a cookie.

Wound healing helps with scars from hair transplants so wound healing is relevant to our interests!

Where do you get off, slating peoples biological/medical understanding? wheres your medical degree? I bet you know less about acell than willy does!
A few posters here actually do have a sound medical knowledge/backround.

Have you ever posted anything usefull?..no, so get down off your high horse, you have know authority here to tell people what to do.
Being rude without reason will earn you no credability.

We are all able to research and form opinions on our own, we are not blindly following willy or acell. We know the risks and possible outcomes, good or bad.

@Gollum:

» you are wasting all of our time here, on this board,

Speak for yourself! Don’t purport yourself to be some sort of spokesperson for the rest of the board. You are not.

» and diverting everyone’s attention away from important news,

This IS important news to some of us. Your opinion of what constitutes “important news” is not normative for the board.

» it is very obvious you know nothing about the biology involved

How is that relevant? The possible success of ACell has no relation to Willy’s knowledge of the subject. Please explain how Willy’s knowledge is somehow a factor in the experiments.

» Your initial ideas did not pan out, it
» did not work, it came to nothing, the doctors found nothing in the way of
» growing new hair, but you persist in writing threads about Acell on this
» board,

Nothing can be concluded yet. Experiments are ongoing, apparently conducted by several doctors. Have you somehow managed to see the results of all those trials? And they have grown new hair with ACell in animals. Whether it will work on humans remains to be seen.

» and I have to say that you are really misguiding the people here
» with what amounts to a foolish hope.

I’m quite capable of deciding for myself, evaluate the evidence objectively and make logical conclusions, as are others here I’m sure. I’m certainly not certain ACell will work, but I’ll make up my own mind based on empirical data AFTER they have been collected.

» Where is your understanding of the science, even a slight understanding?
» It doesn’t exist.

Relevance? See above.

» Please, stop wasting everyone’s time and diverting us here from the truly
» important things going on.

Again, speak for yourself.

» you are just puffing up your ego

Why these constant ad hominem attacks? If you have a valid rational argument, then make it!

» and this won’t grow any hair.

Why should we listen to you instead of evaluating the ongoing experiments in a scientific manner? Maybe it won’t grow any hair, the point is that NOONE can tell at this point.

» As far as healing wounds, so what if it does?

I’m beginning to wonder if you actually read any of the ACell threads. You do realize it could mean an unlimited donor area?

» I guarantee, Acell is a waste of your time and everyone’s time here on
» this Board.

Please elaborate. How you are able to guarantee it?

p,

You just wasted a huge bunch of your own time trying to retort every point I made, with shallow answers that really don’t get to the heart of the weakness of Acell or the fact that what they are doing has NOTHING TO DO WITH GROWING HAIR!!!

Explain that one!!

You are just kissing Willy’s a** because he’s a regular well-known poster on this Board.

Yes, he has done some work to investigate something for the group, but EVERYTHING HE HAS INVESTIGATE IS TOTAL B.S. and he is not well-informed enough about the science to realise that!

Neither are you, obviously!!

Good Bye for now,

gollumisbald4now

» Thank you Willy! Keep up the good work!

Willy is doing good work, but not for anyone here. Willy is doing good work to promote himself and to help the HT doctors stay in business and continue to provide standard HT, which doesn’t help anyone of us who want to see real hair regeneration in the near future!

Anyone who praises Willy for this “work” is deluding himself!

Good Bye for now,

gollumisbald4now

» Please, stop wasting everyone’s time and diverting us here from the truly
» important things going on …

for example ?

» » Thank you Willy! Keep up the good work!
»
» Willy is doing good work, but not for anyone here. Willy is doing good
» work to promote himself and to help the HT doctors stay in business and
» continue to provide standard HT, which doesn’t help anyone of us who want
» to see real hair regeneration in the near future!
»
» Anyone who praises Willy for this “work” is deluding himself!
»
» Good Bye for now,
»
» gollumisbald4now

blablabla…blablabla…blablabla…Goooooooooooo,and never come back!!!
Thanks;-)

Guys,

I appreciate the fact that many of you have “defended” me to this “new” poster who claims to have been here for 1.5 years. I appreciate it, but there is really no need. People like this have and always will be on this forum. They like to “rile up” the forum members…probably because they have pathetic lives. The best thing to do is ignore them…they contribute nothing of importance anyways. In fact, I’ll bet that this particular troll has been here before under a different name. I’m pretty sure of it.

Anyways, I still feel the same way about Acell. I have guarded optimism about it. I have faith that it will at least provide scarless healing and still hope that it will regenerate removed donor hair, but I still caution others (as I’ve done all along) not to get their hopes up too high.

As far as my understanding of scientific principles, I do admit that I am not a scientist. I’ve had several science courses in college (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, physiology, ect…) but do not claim to have the background to truly understand the applications of science to hair regeneration and hair loss. I’ll leave that up to the REAL scientists studying these issues and the REAL doctors testing these applications. I’ll abstain from taking advice from the “psuedoscientists” that come here.

BTW, my twin brother (who posts here often) has a master’s degree in biology…so I can confer with him if there is something that I don’t understand.

As I’ve said before, “Thanks”, but don’t even waste your time responding to this guy…he’s not worth it.

Take Care,
Bill