4300 Strip Surgery with Dr Armani

» Ninjaxan,
»
» Thanks for the update. Glad everything worked out for you.
»
» Your strip scar is not bad at all. It’s limited to the right side only
» according to the pictures. Mine is a lot bigger. You may want to ask Dr.
» Armani about fixing it with just a couple hundred FUE grafts rather than
» doing an scar revision. It’s probably less invasive that way.
»
» Keep us posted.
»
» Regards,
» HairSite.com

the scar is only visible if i buzz down to a number 2 or so…so I dont wanna waste any good scalp grafts on it. Since im going in for more grafts anyway a minor scar revision isnt a problem for me.

Hello David,

I know you don’t like me but I would like to ask you a question.

I gather from your post that you had Strip surgery (this came as a big surprise to me as I thought you only had minor work done by GHO)

In your opinion the strip scar of Ninjaman is not big as yours is much wider.

What is then an acceptable scar in terms of actual mesaurement?

Just curious.

I really worry when I read comments like yours (although I appreciated your honesty here) because in my opinion Ninjaman scar (actually just part of it) is quite visible.

I don’t get it. I have seen a lot Strip results where the scar is barely visible to the naked eye. Others look horrendous. And they often come from the same doc!

Mumble mumble thinkle thinkle

Xan, your crown isn’t that bad, if you cut your hair short, the thinning is not that noticeable. I think you should try minox before spending money on 2000 fue.

» Xan, your crown isn’t that bad, if you cut your hair short, the thinning is
» not that noticeable. I think you should try minox before spending money on
» 2000 fue.

Been on minox/propecia for 10 yrs…yeah its not that bad im just greedy maybe.

» Hello David,
»
» I know you don’t like me but I would like to ask you a question.
»
» I gather from your post that you had Strip surgery (this came as a big
» surprise to me as I thought you only had minor work done by GHO)
»
» In your opinion the strip scar of Ninjaman is not big as yours is much
» wider.
»
» What is then an acceptable scar in terms of actual mesaurement?
»
» Just curious.
»
» I really worry when I read comments like yours (although I appreciated
» your honesty here) because in my opinion Ninjaman scar (actually just part
» of it) is quite visible.
»
» I don’t get it. I have seen a lot Strip results where the scar is barely
» visible to the naked eye. Others look horrendous. And they often come from
» the same doc!
»
»
» Mumble mumble thinkle thinkle

Dont consider strip if you are worried about scarring…you will always have a scar, and in some people it does stretch a little. It sounds like you are considering FUE, and there are now many results of FUE that are as good as strip even. Just be careful what doctor you decide to go with if you get a transplant…I did many many months of obsessive research before I made a final decision.

Every person has a different tolerance level. Some may say that anything that is larger than a pencil thin scar is not acceptable. Personally, I think if you have anything that is wider than 1/8 of an inch, then you are going to have to make a conscious effort to hide that scar.

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to hair transplant, even if you go to the best in the world.

Ninjaxan’s strip scar is really not that bad. The visible portion is limited only to the right side whereas mine is visible across the back of my head from the left ear to the right ear.

Ninjaxan has plenty of options. He can do a scar revision, he can use FUE grafts or he can even use body hair to break up the scar. The amount of visible scar he has can be easily camouflaged with 100-200 FUE/BHT grafts.

Speaking of pencil thin scar, here’s one,

Regards,

Here are some strip scars pictures with measurement,

» Hello David,
»
» I know you don’t like me but I would like to ask you a question.
»
» I gather from your post that you had Strip surgery (this came as a big
» surprise to me as I thought you only had minor work done by GHO)
»
» In your opinion the strip scar of Ninjaman is not big as yours is much
» wider.
»
» What is then an acceptable scar in terms of actual mesaurement?
»
» Just curious.
»
» I really worry when I read comments like yours (although I appreciated
» your honesty here) because in my opinion Ninjaman scar (actually just part
» of it) is quite visible.
»
» I don’t get it. I have seen a lot Strip results where the scar is barely
» visible to the naked eye. Others look horrendous. And they often come from
» the same doc!
»
»
» Mumble mumble thinkle thinkle

I posted some pictures on my blog showing my donor hair as of today…If you can find it congrats. http://xanhair.blogspot.com

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that. I agree 100% on the fact that each one of us has different expectations and tolerance levels. I regard the first pic you posted as the very best one can expect from STRIP in terms of scar detectability (by the way do you know who performed that HT? that scar is barely visible!).

I’m quite all right with the fact that I will have a scar for the rest of my life. The only thing I worry about is the entity of that scar.

The second pic you posted shows a result that I would personally find difficult to accept. That scar looks huge! Scary stuff indeed.

I am trying to gather as much info as possible about Strip because I believe that money wise and density wise is the best option available at the moment.

FUE might work well for rich guys who are not impatient bastards like me. I want some decent coverage as soon and as quickly as possible.

In addition to that if you are a norwood 5/6 like I am it would take on average two years to get the job done with FUE (usually two operations are required with FUE in order to achieve pleasing results)

Next Year I will start to work as an hotel manager back in Italy so I have twelve months ahead of me to sort things out.

I also found your comment on fixing the scar a bit reassuring as 200 grafts doesn’t sound a lot to get the scar fixed.

One last question. What causes the strecthing/widening of the scar?

Thank you for your time and attention

» » Xan, your crown isn’t that bad, if you cut your hair short, the thinning
» is
» » not that noticeable. I think you should try minox before spending money
» on
» » 2000 fue.
»
»
»
» Been on minox/propecia for 10 yrs…yeah its not that bad im just greedy
» maybe.

Your result is excellent, very thick and natural.

Did Dr. Armani close your donor using triclosure ?

» Did Dr. Armani close your donor using triclosure ?

I’m not 100% sure on that…I’d have to ask Shane.

» Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that. I agree 100% on the fact that
» each one of us has different expectations and tolerance levels. I regard
» the first pic you posted as the very best one can expect from STRIP in
» terms of scar detectability (by the way do you know who performed that HT?
» that scar is barely visible!).

The first pic was from one of Dr. Jones’ patients.

» The second pic you posted shows a result that I would personally find
» difficult to accept. That scar looks huge! Scary stuff indeed.

The second pic is from someone seeking repair work for his strip scar. He had a scar revision done before. It was unsuccessful. It stretched back. Now the doctor is using botox in addition to a scar revision. The result is promising so far.

» One last question. What causes the strecthing/widening of the scar?

I don’t know for sure. I suspect it has a lot to do with the person’s scalp laxity as well as the suture closure technique used.

I am going in for another procedure tomorrow for 2000 more FUE. I also expect to get a minor scar revision on the small part of my scar that stretched… I will post some new pictures on my blog very soon.

» I am going in for another procedure tomorrow for 2000 more FUE. I also
» expect to get a minor scar revision on the small part of my scar that
» stretched… I will post some new pictures on my blog very soon.

wow, you are really hungry for more, twice in 1 year ! Good luck.

» I am going in for another procedure tomorrow for 2000 more FUE. I also
» expect to get a minor scar revision on the small part of my scar that
» stretched… I will post some new pictures on my blog very soon.

Hey Ninjaxan, can’t wait to hear how the surgery went!!! :slight_smile: Keep us posted!

Everything went really great once I got there…FUE is much much easier pain and recovery wise than my strip was…i swelled up like a balloon before…now my swelling isnt even actually noticeable by anyone that I ask. There is practically no pain whatsoever the day after the surgery. I had him place most of my grafts into the crown area with only a few going into the left and right temples to buff up those areas. I think we ended up with around 2200 and a little extra. Ive been taking alot of pictures, but I wanna wait till I get back home and charge my camera before I post everything, but expect more frequent pictures this time around.

Good Luck:-) …I am sure your going to have oustanding results.Your choice of doctor “Armani” is excellent…good luck and keep us posted on ur updates.

Rami

Awesome to hear man, speaking as someone who has gone through both FUE and SDtrip as well, there is a huge difference in the recover between strip and FUE. Fue is so much easier.

Just updated my blog after having 2200 more FUE with Dr. Armani…check out my pics let me know what u think…There was no pain after the 1st night and there was almost zero swelling compared to my strip surgery where I blew up like a balloon, and couldnt see out of either eye they were so swollen.