4300 Strip Surgery with Dr Armani

I just got a strip procedure done by Dr. Armani, everything is going great except for the swelling afterwards, but the surgery was nearly painless. I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them from Shane and Dr. Armani, but everything is going great so far. I had very diffused thinning going to perhaps a 5,6 or 7, and recieved all of my grafts in zones 1,2, and 3. Will be updating soon.

Thanks for sharing. Do keep us posted. I will set up a personal journal for you once your pictures are ready. Feel free to email me at hairsite@aol.com if you need help uploading your pics.

The swelling is normal. Muscleboy documented that in his journal as well.
http://hairsite.com/serendipity/authors/14-MuscleBoy/P24.html

After about 3-4 days the swelling was almost totally gone, It is now day nine and all of my scabs have fallen off but the hairs are still there are are even growing. I know they are supposed to fallout soon but my hairline looks great…like when I was 17. Set me up a website and I will upload all of my pics.

Ninjaxan

» After about 3-4 days the swelling was almost totally gone, It is now day
» nine and all of my scabs have fallen off but the hairs are still there are
» are even growing. I know they are supposed to fallout soon but my hairline
» looks great…like when I was 17. Set me up a website and I will upload all
» of my pics.
»
» Ninjaxan

Do you have any photos yet. Keep us updated on your results which im sure will be great.

Tomorrow im 3 months post op…i will talk to shane and dr armani about posting my pictures.

Ninjaxan on aim

Ninjaxan,

Why do you have to speak to Shane or Dr. Armani about posting your photos? They are yours to do with as you please. Just curious.

Because he said that they have them, so he has to get them to post them…dont be so suspicious joe :slight_smile:

» Ninjaxan,
»
» Why do you have to speak to Shane or Dr. Armani about posting your photos?
» They are yours to do with as you please. Just curious.

They have the original official pre-op photos, plus I want to get all of the photos they might have during the operation and immediately post op. Im not sure exactly what they have yet because I havent had time to call as of yet. I think my transplant is going great and it filling in pretty rapidly around the temples. The right side is a little slower than the left, but then again everyone seems to have a faster side. I definitely already look alot better than I did before the surgery. The scar is perfect except for the right side which has stretched to about 2.5mm or so. Still I got my hair cut down to a number 3 and the scar isnt visible. Pretty amazing in my mind. Once I have everything I will have pics available to post.

Jotronic…I did consider going to hassan and wong but I was really amazed at some of the Armani hairline results and thats really what I was looking for. I think Dr. Hasson would have probably placed the grafts evenly over my balding area, and that approach might have been good, but I really wanted to have my original hairline back as close as possible. I know you guys have amazing strip scars though.

Ninjaxan,

Thanks for the response. I failed to note in your first post where you did not get your photos when you were there. My bad.

Thanks for the props for Dr. Hasson. So anyone that reads this though, Dr. Hasson (nor Dr. Wong) evenly distribute the grafts they take. Higher density in the front is the case for every patient I can recall. Regardless, you made your choice so I wish you the best of growth. Oh, and yes, one side can and usually does come in a bit before the other side so it sounds like your progress is textbook.

» Ninjaxan,
»
» Thanks for the response. I failed to note in your first post where you did
» not get your photos when you were there. My bad.
»
» Thanks for the props for Dr. Hasson. So anyone that reads this though, Dr.
» Hasson (nor Dr. Wong) evenly distribute the grafts they take. Higher
» density in the front is the case for every patient I can recall.
» Regardless, you made your choice so I wish you the best of growth. Oh, and
» yes, one side can and usually does come in a bit before the other side so
» it sounds like your progress is textbook.

Of course higher density in the front. I just meant the surgery was in the front 1/3 of my scalp. I had a decent amount of hair to begin with so my goal was to have a really thick hairline with a thinning crown area. I am on preventative medications(2.5mg finasteride/daily) in addition to using monoxidil and some other topicals. My choices were narrowed down at the end to Armani followed by Hasson and Wong. There wasnt anyone else I was even considering because I wanted density. I had some friends tell me some really good things about Dr. Armani so that was really the deciding factor for me.

» » Ninjaxan,
» »
» » Thanks for the response. I failed to note in your first post where you
» did
» » not get your photos when you were there. My bad.
» »
» » Thanks for the props for Dr. Hasson. So anyone that reads this though,
» Dr.
» » Hasson (nor Dr. Wong) evenly distribute the grafts they take. Higher
» » density in the front is the case for every patient I can recall.
» » Regardless, you made your choice so I wish you the best of growth. Oh,
» and
» » yes, one side can and usually does come in a bit before the other side
» so
» » it sounds like your progress is textbook.
»
»
»
» Of course higher density in the front. I just meant the surgery was in
» the front 1/3 of my scalp. I had a decent amount of hair to begin with so
» my goal was to have a really thick hairline with a thinning crown area. I
» am on preventative medications(2.5mg finasteride/daily) in addition to
» using monoxidil and some other topicals. My choices were narrowed down at
» the end to Armani followed by Hasson and Wong. There wasnt anyone else I
» was even considering because I wanted density. I had some friends tell me
» some really good things about Dr. Armani so that was really the deciding
» factor for me.

WOW nice… I am thinking of some good repair doctors. Who would you consider? I have about three that i am trying to think about.

»
»
» WOW nice… I am thinking of some good repair doctors. Who would you
» consider? I have about three that i am trying to think about.

I don’t know that much about repair work, but I think the question is how much donor do you have and what are your goals? Who did you go to for your initial transplant?

» »
» »
» » WOW nice… I am thinking of some good repair doctors. Who would you
» » consider? I have about three that i am trying to think about.
»
»
» I don’t know that much about repair work, but I think the question is how
» much donor do you have and what are your goals? Who did you go to for
» your initial transplant?

Any updates of this case? There should be some growth by now.

Guys sorry Ive been gone so long but here are my pictures in my blog…I am at month 8 right now, and will upload month 8 pictures tonight probably…let me know what you think and ask me any questions you want.

http://xanhair.blogspot.com/ At month 8 only month 5 updated so far

Overall this result is very good. The hairline is absolutely flawless. Amazing density was achieved in this case.

I hate to say this but i’m really worried about that scar. It is really visible. I’m still undecided wether to go STRIP or FUE and the look of your scar is NOT encouraging.

Other than that you look great. What a difference from your before pictures.
Enjoy it!!

Keep in mind that I used a flash in all of my pictures and the scar is only visible under the flash. All of the redness has faded so there is just a small mark now. I would definitely so go with FUE if you are worried about the scar…and Dr. Armani is focused on FUE now and getting rid of strip as far as I know. My next surgery will probably be 2000 FUE in the crown with a scar revision…I dont think i will need any work on the hairline.

» Keep in mind that I used a flash in all of my pictures and the scar is only
» visible under the flash. All of the redness has faded so there is just a
» small mark now. I would definitely so go with FUE if you are worried
» about the scar…and Dr. Armani is focused on FUE now and getting rid of
» strip as far as I know. My next surgery will probably be 2000 FUE in the
» crown with a scar revision…I dont think i will need any work on the
» hairline.

You look amazing. Yeah, I can see a little bit of your scar on the right side. How many days did you take off from work in order to get this done?

Im in medical school…I took 2 days off and then had to go back to class. I looked horrible for awhile but couldnt afford to take a big break. The scar looks much better now, no more red color to it and it seems to have contracted somewhat…still im having it fixed and going for FUE with Dr. Armani for round 2 in the crown.

» Im in medical school…I took 2 days off and then had to go back to class.
» I looked horrible for awhile but couldnt afford to take a big break. The
» scar looks much better now, no more red color to it and it seems to have
» contracted somewhat…still im having it fixed and going for FUE with Dr.
» Armani for round 2 in the crown.

Hey congrats! What did you tell people in med school when you went back after 2 days? Did you have to shave your head for strip?

» How many days did you take off from work in order to get this done?

That’s my biggest concern too, and also what to tell people when I return to work?