4300 Strip Surgery with Dr Armani

I didnt make anything up…i told everyone I was having it done and noone really cared…in fact several of my friends saw my result and wanted to get it done. Even one of my professors.

I read your blog. Very nicely done. Can I ask what is tinea capitus ? Is this something that we have to look out for after surgery?

» I read your blog. Very nicely done. Can I ask what is tinea capitus
»
? Is this something that we have to look out for after surgery?

No this is just something i used to get as a kid…its basically a fungal infection on the scalp…really not common in adults at all but i guess im prone to it for some reason…really odd too cuz i have good hygiene…i was thinking it might be cuz i was drying out my scalp with too many medications. I’m going to the dermatologist thursday to get a better treatment for it…the stuff im using now cured the spots in the temples, but i have a spot in the crown about the size of a quarter. doesnt kill the follicles unless u really let it get out of control.

» I just got a strip procedure done by Dr. Armani, everything is going great
» except for the swelling afterwards, but the surgery was nearly painless.
» I will be posting pictures as soon as I get them from Shane and Dr.
» Armani, but everything is going great so far. I had very diffused
» thinning going to perhaps a 5,6 or 7, and recieved all of my grafts in
» zones 1,2, and 3. Will be updating soon.

Month 8 pics are finally up and current to today just took them. Any questions email me.

Hey, it’s me again… I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I still think that part of your scar is very visible. Nevermind the flash.

You said that you’ll get it fixed… what do you mean by that? Just curious.

If I were in your shoes I’d wait before having any more work done. Your hair looks perfect right now. In your case, it would be wise to keep as much hair as possible as you might find that in 2/3 years time more treatments will be available on the market.

I think that you can afford to wait that long.

Congratulations again!

Just another quick question mate!

Did DR Armani mention that you had an amazing/average/below average, hair caracteristics?

I had another look at your blog (very nicely done) and I’m still amazed at the result that DR Armani was able to achieve with just 4300 grafts.

It is true that you had a lot of resident hair, but I also noticed that your hairloss spread on a very large area. It’s beyond me how Armani managed to cover and dense pack such a large area.

Maybe this is why he is the most expensive Doc around. (I could never afford Armani’s prices)

your hair looks really good man, this shot is my favorite, it must be the lighting, it’s almost as if the frontal 1/3 is darker than the rest

Dr Armani only transplanted the frontal third. The rest of it has thickened for reasons having nothing to do with the transplant. I mentioned that I had switched from finasteride to dutasteride about a yr before my transplant… For some reason I lost a ton of hair really fast. After my surgery i got back on finasteride and off the dut…For some reason this really worked well for me and
the crown is much better. As for the scar I will take some new pictures tomorrow and will show how much better it looks. It has contracted pretty well in the last several months.

» Dr Armani only transplanted the frontal third. The rest of it has
» thickened for reasons having nothing to do with the transplant. I
» mentioned that I had switched from finasteride to dutasteride about a yr
» before my transplant… For some reason I lost a ton of hair really fast.
» After my surgery i got back on finasteride and off the dut…For some
» reason this really worked well for me and
» the crown is much better. As for the scar I will take some new pictures
» tomorrow and will show how much better it looks. It has contracted pretty
» well in the last several months.

Also i did mention that my hair was damp…and it was much more wet in the front. Water makes things look darker

» your hair looks really good man, this shot is my favorite, it must be the
» lighting, it’s almost as if the frontal 1/3 is darker than the rest
»
»

like i said in my blog I wet my hair for these pics…the front was more wet than the crown…

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but why did you choose strip over fue? Armani can do both so it’s not like you couldn’t find a fue doctor that you can go to.

» Forgive me if this has already been discussed but why did you choose strip
» over fue? Armani can do both so it’s not like you couldn’t find a fue
» doctor that you can go to.

I really wanted to go with Dr. Armani after months of research. The reason I went with strip is because I could get twice the number of follicles for the same amount of money. When I go back for more, I will get FUE from now on because of the recovery time, and the huge amount of good results they are getting with FUE now.

Hey people,

Im a past client who now works for Dr. Armani as a patient consultant in California. I did a FUSS about 5 years ago and 11 days go, I went through a FUE with Dr. Armani. I’ll try to post some pics of it here.

… ok, for some reason I cant upload basic gif or jpg files?? Can someone help me with this?
In the meantime, if anyone wants to see some before and after pics, I took a lot of great ones. Just contact me and I will send them. I had a similar experience as Ninja. Swelling went away after a few days, almost all of the scabs are gone, the donor FUE area was invisible after 7 days of growth. Now I’m enjoying what my hair will look like in 9 months or so :slight_smile:

Adam.kutchuk@alviarmani.com

This is me 7 days after my FUE.

»
This picture is about 5 years old and shows the beginnings of my HT growth and where the new hairline will eventually be. I had receded at the front hairline and both temple areas.

adam.kutchuk@alviarmani.com

AdamK, welcome to HairSite.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I don’t want to co-mingle your results with Ninjaxan’s thread. I will start a brand new thread for you. Hope you don’t mind.

Ninjaxan,

Thanks for the update. Glad everything worked out for you.

Your strip scar is not bad at all. It’s limited to the right side only according to the pictures. Mine is a lot bigger. You may want to ask Dr. Armani about fixing it with just a couple hundred FUE grafts rather than doing an scar revision. It’s probably less invasive that way.

Keep us posted.

Regards,