3500 FUT Dr. Harris "An intense day." Expose\' Hairtech

Quaternium-15 IS NOT formaldehyde or “embalming fluid” as you call it. It is, however, a formaldehyde-releasing agent that is also a very good antimicrobial.

Geez even an idiot as you so call everyone else kn ows that Quaternium-15 is an antimicrobial especially since it is a formaldehyde releasing AGENT!

If it is a formaldehyde releasing agent… formaldehyde… in it self, when released by Quaternium-15 is a tissue fixative. Thus the reference to embalming fluid.

Formaldehyde (methanal, formalin, methyl aldehyde) has the chemical formula C-H2-O and CAS # 50-00-0. It is in a class of chemicals known as aldehydes. Aldehydes have a functional group called the carbonyl group which is O=CH (an oxygen atom double bonded to a carbon atom).

Quaternium-15 (Dowicil, Dowicide) has the chemical formula C9-H16-Cl-N4-(chloride) and CAS # 4080-31-3. It is used primarily as a preservative in cosmetics.

I am not a rocket scientist, but C-H2-O is not C9-H16-Cl-N4-(chloride)

Quaternium-15 is, however, a “formaldehyde-releasing” agent that, under the right conditions, causes the release of formaldehyde and similar compounds. To say that Formaldehyde is the same as Q-15 is like saying gasoline is the same as crude oil (from which it is made).

Hairtech,

Hmmmmm.
I’ll give it some serious thought.
There might be a funny short film to be made along the way. Lol.

Please allow me to contact Dr. Umar about my possible attendence.
Maybe he is planning something with other patients.

Thanks, I’ll let you know if I wind up going.

I saw Oceans 13 today and Vegas is on my brain. Lol.

Peace.

Cool beans Sofar… Short films and all.

hairtech:

When quoting from other’s posts, kindly make it clear what was quoted and what was interjected by you. The above post is (intentionally) misleading. Maybe they forgot to teach you that at Hair Technology University?

On another note, it is quite misleading to portray yourself as anything more than a tech who cuts up grafts and places them. Leave the doctor stuff to the doctors, please.

Thank you

No such school as hair technology school and I ask sir why are you condescending? This is an information, advertising, educational exchange website. No need for us to condescend each other. However thank you for your comments on formaldehyde. I forgot the C.A.S. numbers of that chemical way back in organic chemistry II back in 1996. Thank for bringing that up.

The pics are really really gross, they should come with a warning!

I know they are pretty gross but that is the reality of surgery. Anyway I am doing another expose’ thursday and Friday. A different procedure.