2500 FUE with Dr. Armani, post op

»
» Marco- yes, I noticed as well that Dr. Armani’s hairlines are much more
» regular and subtle then the others. I know that this is a matter of
» personal view which approach you like better but I suppose that if I’ll
» continue to buzz my hair short, the zigg-zaggy look wouldn’t be great.
» I think I asked Dr. Armani about my donor on my first consult and he told
» me that I would have c. 7,000 grafts left after the surgery. The density
» was 70 grafts/cm2 in the first 2.5 cm at the hairline, decreased to 50
» gr/cm2 further behind. As for the instruments- I really didn’t ask or pay
» to much attention to them. They looked to me like some kind of an electric
» drill but I wouldn’t be able to tell you about their diameter etc.

Yep, I really like Armanis hairline approach. He relies on changes in angulation rather than interrupted hairlines and his approach seems to imitate nature most closely. It is unique!

7000 fue grafts left!!! That is 9500 in total!!! All other docs talk about 3000-5000 max. Armani has a view that is totally unlike the rest of the pack. I can’t make sense of it. I would love to see a large FUE set of sessions by Armani.

This is wild! I just saw the Armani baseball hat and the Armani tote bag pics in your blog, how funny is that!

Bender how do you know that you have shock loss? Did you see a lot of hair fall out all at the same time suddenly? Do you know if they will grow back? Thanks.

marco:

Where did you hear 3000-5000 max? I think that 9000 is more realistic unless you are, of course, a NW6-7. 9,000 FUE is approximately 21,000 hairs - less than 1/4 of a normal (full) head of hair.

» Bender how do you know that you have shock loss? Did you see a lot of hair
» fall out all at the same time suddenly? Do you know if they will grow
» back? Thanks.

I wonder if Bender meant shedding of the transplanted grafts rather than actual shock loss, there is a big difference.

Bender, are you using minoxidil? Doctors have different opinions about using minox post op, but there are studies which suggest that it can be very helpful for hair transplant patients. Let me see if I can locate the study for you.

I really meant that I got some shockloss. It is nothing dramatic, just the peak of my front looks a little bit thinner than before. But than again, I never shaved my head before so maybe it’s just my impression. I haven’t seen many hairs to fall out- for the amount of hair I had in the front pre op, you don’t need to see too many hairs to fall out for it to look thinner!:smiley:

BTW, I can assure you that I got some shedding as well, big time. Almost all of the newly transplanted hair has falled out. Of course that’s normal… I hope it’ll start growing in soon.

As for the minox- I’m using the 5% foam version 2x a day. I’m also on Proscar (1/8 tab. per day) and some vitamins. Thanks for your concern though, Hairsite :wink:

» marco:
»
» Where did you hear 3000-5000 max? I think that 9000 is more realistic
» unless you are, of course, a NW6-7. 9,000 FUE is approximately 21,000
» hairs - less than 1/4 of a normal (full) head of hair.

Hi JT,

It’s been spread over a lot of discussions with Dr. A Dr.Cole and several others.

The short story is that 9000FUE maybe somewhat less than 50% of the donor but in reality most FUE docs admit that they only like to remove 20-25%. Dr.A has said that if the hair is long then he could theoretically get towards 50% but in another thread he said that removing more than 5000 would likely give a moth eaten look and furthermore I have never seen over 5500 scalp fue and that was only once. several docs admit that fue together with strip gives more grafts and some logic about fue limits follow from that too.

Hey marco:

I guess I should read more carefully. I accidentally read 9000 FUE as 9000 grafts and assumed that most of that 9000 came from strip. That is completely reasonable that 5000 FUE is at the upper end.

Sorry for the mistake.

» I really meant that I got some shockloss. It is nothing dramatic, just the
» peak of my front looks a little bit thinner than before. But than again, I
» never shaved my head before so maybe it’s just my impression. I haven’t
» seen many hairs to fall out- for the amount of hair I had in the front pre
» op, you don’t need to see too many hairs to fall out for it to look
» thinner!:smiley:
»
» BTW, I can assure you that I got some shedding as well, big time. Almost
» all of the newly transplanted hair has falled out. Of course that’s
» normal… I hope it’ll start growing in soon.
»
» As for the minox- I’m using the 5% foam version 2x a day. I’m also on
» Proscar (1/8 tab. per day) and some vitamins. Thanks for your concern
» though, Hairsite :wink:

I don’t understand this, can someone tell me what is the treatment for shock loss after surgery? Bender you seem happy to have shock loss, does the hair grow back stronger after shock loss? is that why you don’t seemed to be concerned? Basically I want to know if shock loss is a good thing or a bad thing and what’s the point in getting hair transplant when there is shock loss?

Sorry if I gave the impression that I’m happy about my shockloss. That ain’t the case! However the reason why I’m not too concerned is that the amount of the shockloss is quite limited if not minimal.

I doubt that the hair will grow back longer or stronger than before, but it should grow back more or less the same than before. Hopefully I won’t be one of those unlucky ones who didn’t recover from the shockloss. Do you guys know when approx. should the shock-ed loss-ed hair grow back?

» I don’t understand this, can someone tell me what is the treatment for
» shock loss after surgery? Bender you seem happy to have shock loss, does
» the hair grow back stronger after shock loss? is that why you don’t seemed
» to be concerned? Basically I want to know if shock loss is a good thing or
» a bad thing and what’s the point in getting hair transplant when there is
» shock loss?

Shock loss can be temporary or permanent. You may want to take a look at this page, there are a lot of shock loss related discussions

(scroll down)
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=3775&page=0&category=2&order=last_answer

Thanks Hairsite.

Hi,

Just posted a 2 months update on my blog: http://quest4hair.blogspot.com

Peace!

» Hi,
»
» Just posted a 2 months update on my blog: http://quest4hair.blogspot.com
»
» Peace!

looks good so far, another month or so and you should start to see some growth.

3 mo update on my blog.

Cheers, Bender. :wink: