2500 FUE with Dr. Armani, post op

» » lol you know what? You just wasted money cause you look much better
» shaved
» » than with the hair :slight_smile:
»
» Well… when they shaved my head prior the surgery, I can tell you that I
» looked crap with my original hairline. My first reaction (out loud) was:
» ‘F**ck I look ugly!’ :slight_smile:

I think we would need a girls opinion here. But your head looks well shaped, and your facial features are pretty good as well I’d say. And the photos with shaved look are definately better than the hairy ones in my opinion.

» Hi Hairy,
»
» Thanks man. I’d rather not divulge the cost- Dr. Armani’s standard rates
» are USD 12-14 per FUE graft and the cancellation rate is c. $9.

Holy bazooks!!!

Hi,

It’s been 2 weeks since my procedure. I updated my blog with pics. The healing process is very slow in the recipient area. It must be because I’m not allowed to touch the area until 4 weeks at all nor can I shower it directly…

It’ll be interesting when I come back to work on Monday. Not looking forward to it too much :frowning:

Hi, updated my site with D18 pics so check it out:

http://quest4hair.blogspot.com

This have been going quite well in the last couple of days- the cleaning process finally kicked in and I’ve been losing loads of scabs with every washing. I believe it shows on the pics as well as in person.

Unfortunatelly I have to go to work tomorrow. Would love to be able to stay home at least a couple of days more. I bet it’ll look almost unnoticeable by the end of next week. Oh well, at least it’s an improvement from my 2 weeks’ pics.

What do you think, could I say at work that I got some crazy alergy or should I come up with the truth?

I dont suppose you can wear a baseball cap to work, can you? There is no redness and the swelling is allgone, so that s good. But I can still see the scabs. They will take approx another week to completely disappear. I was very nervous too the day I returned to work.

» I dont suppose you can wear a baseball cap to work, can you? There is no
» redness and the swelling is allgone, so that s good. But I can still see
» the scabs. They will take approx another week to completely disappear. I
» was very nervous too the day I returned to work.

Just say you got a really bad sunburn and put some cream on it and had a bad reaction.

Hey guys, thanks for the support.

Wanted to let you know that I survived my first day at work!!! It was a bit nerve wrecking at the begining but only a couple of people commented about my scabs and they seemed happy when I told them that it was an alergy. Yea right, looks more like to me as if 100 african bees stung me but great!

This goes to show that people really don’t notice what we hair ‘experts’ would from a mile away. What a relief, I can tell ya!

Stichmeup- nope, wearing a hat at work ain’t an option for me unfortunatelly…

» Hey guys, thanks for the support.
»
» Wanted to let you know that I survived my first day at work!!! It was a
» bit nerve wrecking at the begining but only a couple of people commented
» about my scabs and they seemed happy when I told them that it was an
» alergy. Yea right, looks more like to me as if 100 african bees stung me
» but great!
»
» This goes to show that people really don’t notice what we hair ‘experts’
» would from a mile away. What a relief, I can tell ya!
»
» Stichmeup- nope, wearing a hat at work ain’t an option for me
» unfortunatelly…

How is your donar area doing? Could we see some closeup pics on your next update? BTW… Looking good so far.

i thought that the arguement for FUE being more expensice than strip was that its more time consuming for the doctor since he could do 2-4 strip procedures at the same time(not true it took one day),its more labor intensive for the doctor(not true he does not even have to do the strip extraction and closure), the doctor did all the work(not true in this case other people worked on the guy as well).

So the doctor did some extractions(isnt this the important aspect in FUE where no grafts must be hurt???) and all the incisions and the procedure cost 25000…

NO COMMENT

» Hey guys, thanks for the support.
»
» Wanted to let you know that I survived my first day at work!!! It was a
» bit nerve wrecking at the begining but only a couple of people commented
» about my scabs and they seemed happy when I told them that it was an
» alergy. Yea right, looks more like to me as if 100 african bees stung me
» but great!
»
» This goes to show that people really don’t notice what we hair ‘experts’
» would from a mile away. What a relief, I can tell ya!
»
» Stichmeup- nope, wearing a hat at work ain’t an option for me
» unfortunatelly…

Hey Bender how is the recipient looking right now? It must have been almost two weeks ? It must have been very nerve wrecking. What about your friends and family, do they know you had fue done? That’s one of my biggest worries too, is to have people find out.

Hey,

I just met Dr. Armani so he could have a look on my head (he is in London at the mo)- he says that everything looks great and is on a good track for 3.5 weeks. The only regret is that I’m not one of those lucky ones who keep on to their new hair (cos I apparently already lost about 50%).

Regarding my donor area- it looks and feels great, unnoticeable under normal light condition. I can see some hint of the work done if I focus real hard under a harsh light:) I’ll post some pics with my next update. Sorry if I didn’t focus on my donor but it really isn’t any issue.

thegreek- I think that the argument for FUE being more expensive cos it’s more time consuming holds. It’s not only the doc’s time but you have to pay the technicans and other staff as well who work on you the whole time. If you cosider that the whole procedure lasted in my case for 11 hours and there have always been about 4 people in the room with me, alternating with others than it really can’t be as cheap as strip.

ixan- my whole family now knows as does my girlfriend. Initially I wanted to keep it low profile but you know how it is… and I was really surprised how supportive everybody was; so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The only complaint I got was that I must be crazy for ‘pissing so much money away’. But hey, it’s my head, my life, my priorities… and now I’m really happy I did it!

» Hey,
»
» I just met Dr. Armani so he could have a look on my head (he is in London
» at the mo)- he says that everything looks great and is on a good track for
» 3.5 weeks. The only regret is that I’m not one of those lucky ones who keep
» on to their new hair (cos I apparently already lost about 50%).
»
» Regarding my donor area- it looks and feels great, unnoticeable under
» normal light condition. I can see some hint of the work done if I focus
» real hard under a harsh light:) I’ll post some pics with my next update.
» Sorry if I didn’t focus on my donor but it really isn’t any issue.
»
» thegreek- I think that the argument for FUE being more expensive cos it’s
» more time consuming holds. It’s not only the doc’s time but you have to
» pay the technicans and other staff as well who work on you the whole time.
» If you cosider that the whole procedure lasted in my case for 11 hours and
» there have always been about 4 people in the room with me, alternating
» with others than it really can’t be as cheap as strip.
»
» ixan- my whole family now knows as does my girlfriend. Initially I wanted
» to keep it low profile but you know how it is… and I was really
» surprised how supportive everybody was; so I wouldn’t worry too much about
» it. The only complaint I got was that I must be crazy for ‘pissing so much
» money away’. But hey, it’s my head, my life, my priorities… and now I’m
» really happy I did it!

Most people dont keep their new hair so thats nothing to feel bad about.

» Hey Bender how is the recipient looking right now? It must have been
» almost two weeks ? It must have been very nerve wrecking. What about your
» friends and family, do they know you had fue done? That’s one of my biggest
» worries too, is to have people find out.

Bender, congrats and thanks for the update. I hope you turn out to be another success story like Muscleboy who also is one of Dr. Armani’s patients.

ixan, you will be surprised. Most people are actually quite supportive, and some just couldn’t care less what you did to your hair. You should read Muscleboy’s posts too. He had a job interview soon after his procedure. He came clean about having hair transplant done during the interview. It was never an issue, and best of all, he got the job too.

So here we go, I made it (without going crazy) to the 1 month mark! I updated my blog with the current pics as well.

I guess it is now as thin as it will get- I think I got a little shock loss in the front as well. Hopefully it’ll all grow back soon. I actually noticed that there is quite a lot little hair popping up along the hairline. Do you think it’s my original hair or the newly transplanted? I thougt it was still quite early for the new hair to start growing. But whatever, I don’t complain!

The frontal are is still a bit pink but this doesn’t bother me much. I shaved my head today to a #1 guard and the donor looks a little bit reddish at this length. But I wouldn’t complain even if stayed this way either - I’m sure no one would notice it. But still, hope the redness will fade even more.

Hairsite- thanks for the encouragement!

I’m wondering, in general, how long it takes for the redness to go away completely.

1.5 months update up on the blog…

You have a long way to go before you will start seeing results.
A shaven head suits you.

» 1.5 months update up on the blog…

Wow, Armani is certainly unique. His hairline philosophy differs so much from other Surgeons. He relies on sophisticated angulation rather than a jagged interrupted hairline like Umar etc. Also he is not afraid to go into pre-existing hair.

How many more graft does Armani think you have?

What was the density?

Do you know anything about the instrumentation that he uses?

Looks like you’ll be sprouting soon!!

Bender your hairline looks amazing. My question is, did you have any thinning on the vertex or crown at all?

How did you get the hairloss to stabilize as well and how did u know it had stabilized

Damon- thanks man!

Marco- yes, I noticed as well that Dr. Armani’s hairlines are much more regular and subtle then the others. I know that this is a matter of personal view which approach you like better but I suppose that if I’ll continue to buzz my hair short, the zigg-zaggy look wouldn’t be great.
I think I asked Dr. Armani about my donor on my first consult and he told me that I would have c. 7,000 grafts left after the surgery. The density was 70 grafts/cm2 in the first 2.5 cm at the hairline, decreased to 50 gr/cm2 further behind. As for the instruments- I really didn’t ask or pay to much attention to them. They looked to me like some kind of an electric drill but I wouldn’t be able to tell you about their diameter etc.

Blahblah- thanks! Not really sure about the thinning, my top has always been a bit thinner than the rest. But I think I might have a very light thinning going on. I’m on Propecia to prevent any major issues. I seem to be following exactly my father’s pattern of hairloss. He’s 25 years older than me and his hairloss is still limited to his temples and some moderate thinning on the top. If it stays the same way for me than I couldn’t be happier!