2500 FUE with Dr. Armani, post op

Hey guys,

You might remember my previous post when I scheduled the surgery with Dr. Armani. Now, it’s all already behind me. The surgery took place 2 days ago and everything looks great so far, except for the swelling which has just kicked in. But, very positive experience overall.

I updated my blog with pictures and all the necessary information. Let me know what you think.

http://quest4hair.blogspot.com

As Dr. Armani would say: Ciao :wink:

Who made the decision about the hairline, you or Armani? Your hairline is more like round shape, Muscleboy also went to Armani and i remember his hairline has more curves. I don’t know how to decide when I am ready to take the plunge.

» Who made the decision about the hairline, you or Armani? Your hairline is
» more like round shape, Muscleboy also went to Armani and i remember his
» hairline has more curves. I don’t know how to decide when I am ready to
» take the plunge.

Dr. Armani designs everyones hairline different depending on the shape of the face and some formula he uses.

Did I read your blog correctly? The surgery lasted 11 hours?

» Did I read your blog correctly? The surgery lasted 11 hours?

Hair transplant is a long, tedious process. What did you do to pass the time? Movies, music, conversation?

Hey guys,

Today is my 3rd day post op, just did a final check up at the clinic today (won’t be coming there anymore after today but I still stay in Dubai until Wednesday). Everything’s looking good and healing nicely. I just got quite a funny swelling today, I’ll update my blog in a few minutes.

As for your questions- I showed Dr. Armani some pics of his former patients with hairlines that I liked and those that I thought wouldn’t look nicely on me. I couldn’t decide between a V shaped hairline and one similar to the one I have now. Dr. Armani told me that I would look my better with a more curved hairline. Then I told him that I don’t want to go with a very low hairline, but I’d settle for a little bit of recession and voila the hairline was created!

And yes, the whole thing lasted for 11 hours, including breaks. I guess this isn’t anything unusual because to do 2,500 FUE in one day is really quite a feat. I watched some DVDs, slept and spoke to the staff so it wasn’t that bad as it sounds. But still, 11 hours is 11 hours and the medical bed you’re sitting in isn’t the most comfortable thing I ever sat in so the time takes a toll on you. But hopefully it’ll all be worth it.

Did Armani do most of the procedure with techs assisting? It’s a good sign he is doing more and more fue now. Any words whether he will start doing body hair soon?

Is his cost the same in Dubai and in Canada?
Thanks.

Hi,

Today is my day 6 post op. I’ve just been to the clinic for the last check up before I go back home (tomorrow). They told me that everything looks great and it’s healing really well. I’ll be meeting Dr. Armani in about 3 weeks when he comes to London to do a follow up.

Damraak - Cost is a bit lower in Dubai cos you don’t have to pay the 6% Canadian tax, which is really quite a lot given the total cost of the procedure.

ipod- the techs and other doctors have done the most of the work. As I said, Dr. Armani has done some of the extractions and all incisions. I guess that’s the crucial part of the procedure anyhow. For the other parts he was always checking on the staff to make sure that everything goes as it’s supposed to.

I am very happy to see other drs are finally willing to dedicate themselves to mega FUE sessions.
As many know it takes a huge amount of grafts to satisfy the needs and wishes of todays well informed patients. People like my friend dr. Wong have raised the bar going from mega strip sessions to giga strip sessions.
In a way we are now seeing that some drs. are taking the lead and raise the bar for FUE sessions. Obviously it makes no sense in pushing the gas pedal if you have no control over quality.
Looking forward seeing more and more good quality mega FUE sessions.

» I am very happy to see other drs are finally willing to dedicate themselves
» to mega FUE sessions.
» As many know it takes a huge amount of grafts to satisfy the needs and
» wishes of todays well informed patients. People like my friend dr. Wong
» have raised the bar going from mega strip sessions to giga strip
» sessions.
» In a way we are now seeing that some drs. are taking the lead and raise
» the bar for FUE sessions. Obviously it makes no sense in pushing the gas
» pedal if you have no control over quality.
» Looking forward seeing more and more good quality mega FUE sessions.

To do 2500 grafts in 11hours is quite amazing.

Hi, I updated my blog with my Day 8 pics.

What do you think, how is it healing based on the pics? Do you guys have any secret how to speed the healing process up? I still have the most (if not all) of the scabs- I only hope that they will start leaving me soon. I’m off work until June 11th (10 more days)- I really hope it’ll look decent by then!?

» Hi, I updated my blog with my Day 8 pics.
»
» What do you think, how is it healing based on the pics? Do you guys have
» any secret how to speed the healing process up? I still have the most (if
» not all) of the scabs- I only hope that they will start leaving me soon.
» I’m off work until June 11th (10 more days)- I really hope it’ll look
» decent by then!?

I think your pics look fine for day 8. As soon as you start taking a loooooooooong shower the scabs will start to come of pretty quick. Do the shower thing every day and by day 14 they should be all gone.

BTW, we do not use bandages after surgery. This is FUE, not strip … much less overal trauma.

BV

Thanks bverotti.

I was told by my doc that I shouldn’t be taking direct showers for 4 weeks. When do other docs say it’s safe to start with showering of the recipient area?
What I’m doing is that I rinse the area as much as possible during my daily cleaning rutine but I’m only using a cup to pour the water on it.

» Hi, I updated my blog with my Day 8 pics.
»
» What do you think, how is it healing based on the pics? Do you guys have
» any secret how to speed the healing process up? I still have the most (if
» not all) of the scabs- I only hope that they will start leaving me soon.
» I’m off work until June 11th (10 more days)- I really hope it’ll look
» decent by then!?

Might be too late with shipping and only 10 days to go, but the biotin spray from Dr Cole works very well.

BTW, the short hairstyle looks like it suits you!! I think you will be one happy camper.

Updated with day 11 pics.

Rrrr- I uploaded the donor pic. The donor looks and feels great, I guess no one would notice that anything was done under normal light conditions…

The only problem is the recipient at this stage, looks still quite scabby. 8 days to go before returning to work, hope it’ll heal by then!

Checkingin- thanks, I never had a shaved look before but I think it doesn’t look bad at all on me. Maybe I’ll consider it in the future as well :slight_smile:

» Hey guys,
»
» You might remember my previous post when I scheduled the surgery with Dr.
» Armani. Now, it’s all already behind me. The surgery took place 2 days ago
» and everything looks great so far, except for the swelling which has just
» kicked in. But, very positive experience overall.
»
» I updated my blog with pictures and all the necessary information. Let me
» know what you think.
»
» http://quest4hair.blogspot.com
»
» As Dr. Armani would say: Ciao :wink:

lol you know what? You just wasted money cause you look much better shaved than with the hair :slight_smile:

» lol you know what? You just wasted money cause you look much better shaved
» than with the hair :slight_smile:

Well… when they shaved my head prior the surgery, I can tell you that I looked crap with my original hairline. My first reaction (out loud) was: ‘F**ck I look ugly!’ :slight_smile:

Hi Bender.

Congrates on your sucessful HT. Love the new hairline.

Can you reveal the cost of surgery because hair loss is roughly similar to yours.

Did Dr. Armani feel that you are too young for HT? Are you worried about future Hairloss?

And is it a necessity to shave your head?

Hi Hairy,

Thanks man. I’d rather not divulge the cost- Dr. Armani’s standard rates are USD 12-14 per FUE graft and the cancellation rate is c. $9. I can tell you that mine was closer to the cancelation rate. If you want to know exactly just give them a call…

As for my age, Dr. Armani didn’t have any objections. My hairloss has been quite stable now for about 5 years (no more hairloss actually). I plan on getting on Propecia in a couple of months as well, just to be sure it doesn’t progress. And if shit hits the fan I guess I’ll just shave it and go for a look I have now. It should look fine with a solid hairline and thining behind.