2008 the year Baldness was beaten ?!

Unprecedented rising perspectives are making the long-waited cure for menkind most anguishing sign of physical aging, since ancient time,somehow defeatable.

Although some of the most “Triomphants” and glorious History makers were balds - or to be more accurate lost hair : I’m confident they too did not look at themselves as naturally balds but rather as unjustly punished by mama nature - men never really accepted it as a destiny and Great Hannibal wore a wig while sieging Rome after his biblical sea crossing with his elephants equipped army .As for the " Général en chef " Napoléon Bonaparte he had to comb over his balding scalp, as so many men still do at our modern times risking to expose themselves to comical clichets of society. Napoléon surely conquered the World but failed at accepting his receding hairline.

Therefore, It seems obvious that men will never come to a peace -of mind for the least - with the hair harvesting beast.

As this new year starts so many men from different civilizations, religions and ethnicities all over the world have -Pink floyd’s- “High Hopes” shining from the horizon of Hair multiplication and Wnt proteins neogenesis,simply wishing this year will be the one they recover the majesty of Beatles’s eternal lustrous blazing young hair of the 60’s.
These men will also know that they won’t sadden the existence of their sons with the genetical poisonous gift and therefore won’t have to bare their desperate silent blaming looks.

So guys, your thoughts ! are you optimistic about 2008 ? about Intercytex ? about Follica ? Both ? Or None ?

Follica announcement is the biggest news this year so far…and their arrival may just provide that extra needed push to Intercytex in speeding up their research/trials.

-> In march Intercytex is expected to release results from phase-II.

-> Androscience ASC-J9 results will probably be out by mid-08.

-> On another forum people are trying licorice for its strong anti-androgen inhibition - that may turn out a good preventive topical.

Looks promising so far!

As a 25 year old NW6, I’m waiting for ICX or Follica to come out asap (hopefully this year) so I can at least get back to NW1 (or even NW2) and have a decent life.

» Follica announcement is the biggest news this year so far…and their
» arrival may just provide that extra needed push to Intercytex in speeding
» up their research/trials.
»
» -> In march Intercytex is expected to release results from phase-II.
»
» -> Androscience ASC-J9 results will probably be out by mid-08.
»
» -> On another forum people are trying licorice for its strong
» anti-androgen inhibition - that may turn out a good preventive topical.
»
» Looks promising so far!
»
» As a 25 year old NW6, I’m waiting for ICX or Follica to come out asap
» (hopefully this year) so I can at least get back to NW1 (or even NW2) and
» have a decent life.

Amen brother! I feel my hair was just fine up until age 23. Now at 26, I find myself wearing hats when I go out. To have the hair I had when I was 18 would be absolutely fantastic. Cross those fingers! Even if it does come out this year, it is unlikely I would be able to afford it. Being a recent college graduate I need to take care of other financial obligations prior to getting this procedure. I would like to get it done when I’m 28/9 and hopefully they will have mastered the technique and the price drops dramatically. :smiley:

I think of it like the 4-minute mile. Before the first guy did it – Roger Bannister, 1954 – it was considered physiologically impossible. No way. No human could run that fast, because no human ever had, so many people expected that no one ever would. Then, finally ONE GUY did it… and suddenly the critical mass of mindset did a 180-degree shift. People began breaking 4 minute miles all over the place, because now it was viewed as possible. I believe that when somebody at last comes up with that very FIRST treatment that reliably regrows heads of lost hair, it will open a floodgate because it will change the whole mentality of baldness from an incurable inevitability to a reversible condition. Once that first successful treatment finally becomes reality – whoever does it and however they do it – it will change everything.

I swear the god, none of the companies above will have something before 2012, thinking other ways is a pipe dream my friends…

» I swear the god, none of the companies above will have something before
» 2012, thinking other ways is a pipe dream my friends…

I don’t know what you’re smoking but you must not be keeping up with the continuous research and studies that have been ongoing for the last several years. But hey if it makes you feel better to be delusional, well, more power to you Frank.

Umm . . . why is something gonna be on the market in 2008 now?

Some more scattered pieces of good news on the hair regrowth subject in general do not equal speeding up the clinical trial in progress.

I hate to be negative but I think these expectations are getting inflated. The concrete situation hasn’t changed from several months ago.

» Umm . . . why is something gonna be on the market in 2008 now?
»
» Some more scattered pieces of good news on the hair regrowth subject in
» general do not equal speeding up the clinical trial in progress.
»
»
» I hate to be negative but I think these expectations are getting inflated.
» The concrete situation hasn’t changed from several months ago.

It changed cal, The process of Cotsarelis is shaping…back in may 2007 all we had is that Wnt signaling can generate brand new Hair…Now we know how to do that and how to control the quality of the new hair through the first inhibition and then liberation of that protein…Also and not to be neglected they have a big Corporation behind them right now (Pector & Gamble)…

Just to remind you that the Wnt pathway is similair to the Hedgehog signaling pathway and Procter and Gamble failed with CURIS back last year due to safety reason.

I don’t wanna be pessismist, I’m just trying to remind you a few facts.

BTW, IfYouOnlyKnew, Cal is right nothing has changed so far and Follica is a long way to go, just be realist my buddy…

FrankHair

» » Umm . . . why is something gonna be on the market in 2008 now?
» »
» » Some more scattered pieces of good news on the hair regrowth subject in
» » general do not equal speeding up the clinical trial in progress.
» »
» »
» » I hate to be negative but I think these expectations are getting
» inflated.
» » The concrete situation hasn’t changed from several months ago.
»
» It changed cal, The process of Cotsarelis is shaping…back in may 2007 all
» we had is that Wnt signaling can generate brand new Hair…Now we know how
» to do that and how to control the quality of the new hair through the
» first inhibition and then liberation of that protein…Also and not to be
» neglected they have a big Corporation behind them right now (Pector &
» Gamble)…

» Umm . . . why is something gonna be on the market in 2008 now?
»
» Some more scattered pieces of good news on the hair regrowth subject in
» general do not equal speeding up the clinical trial in progress.
»
» I hate to be negative but I think these expectations are getting inflated.
» The concrete situation hasn’t changed from several months ago.

As much as I don’t want to, I agree with this. No one has suddenly come forward and declared that a treatment will be released this year - things still look to be pointing towards a 2010-12 time frame.

However, what I find interesting is the range of different treatments that are slated to come out at roughly the same point. You have ICX-TRC and Aderans, Follica, NEOSH101, and (potentially, depending on what is going on with it) RU58841.

Look at it this way: at the moment your hairloss treatment options are finasteride, minoxodil, nizoral, an HT, and various permutations of diet. They all have either very limited effectiveness in actually regrowing hair, or else significant limitations in terms of what they can achieve. However, if in a few years time an early version of HM exists, along with a way to grow new hair (Follica), along with an improved topical (NEOSH101), then when you add all of that to the existing options it makes for some significantly improved integrated approaches to tackling the problem.

For example, assuming that issues remain with the hairline, HM could be used as filler, or for donor renewal. Depending on DHT-resistance, Follica’s technique could (presumably) be used anywhere on the head. And the effectiveness of HT’s would be transformed if the problem of limited donor hair was solved.

Granted, it might not be a one-shot treatment that instantly takes you back from an NW7 to an NW1, but then, consider the enormous lengths that a lot of people currently go to, for what are essentially minor cosmetic results. If a variety of treatments existed that, in combination, could provide much greater results, that is still considerable progress.

If the human trials go well and this wounding plus wnt protiens grow hair fairly well…

They are using prescription agents that are already approved folks. There should be now needed safety phase. Whatever they are using to up WNT is apparently approved for something else in humans (according to them anyway). Blocking wnt for a nine-day re-epilithialization period with DKK-1 (something we all have anyway, but more of it) with a prescription agent already in use for other things is also not going to be a FDA concern.

Dermabrasion is legal and performed already.

Its efficacy that is the hurdle. If they can grow pretty good “results” in their trial, this method could reach market rather quickly. You dont need FDA approval for dermabrasion and the various ointments they put on skin after the dermabrasion. The drugs involved are ALREADY FDA APPROVED. No stem cells are in the process (which the FDA is leery of). Just dermabrasion and two random drugs (think lipitor or dutasteride for instance)…AND THE DRUGS WOULD ONLY BE ADMINISTERED FOR LESS THAN A MONTH!!! THAT AINT’ LONG TO BE ON A DRUG OR TWO, ESPECIALLY TOPICALLY APPLIED ONES

One other tidbit Ive not considered and its a concern…they really do need to make pretty good hair, because they will obviously be making a new sebaceous gland with the hair. I’d hate for them to be smaller hairs like the very front ones on a hairline with big sebaceous glands. They’d be a tad oily. Im hoping for big terminals.

Im suprised some other members on the board aren’t a little excited about another method of regaining hair. The more methods that there are, the better our chances of having all of our hair back in the future. The math is better with three approaches rather than one. Like I’ve said, if standing on your head made it all grow back, I’d be for research into it. I wish Follica luck anyway.

That is one of the best posts I seen since i found this forum last winter

Itotally agree that we’re seeing the end of HTs that strain to spread limited donor hair throughout a huge bald head.

Both the advances in prevention AND regrowth are mounting by the year. It’s true that this stuff has been “in the works” for decades, but for so long there was nothing specifically being tested for widespread commercialization by legit companies. We’re definitely over that hurdle now.

Of course we could still have a bunch of failures in store for us. And the ICX work hasn’t produced a single “money shot” of decent regrown hair so far. But the hair industry is firing so many shots in the next several years . . . sooner or later at least a few of them are bound to hit the mark.

And what’s more encouraging is that they seem to think they’ve got legit progress in store. These corporations wouldn’t be throwing around the kind of money it takes to do this research if they thought it was only gonna end up as a $40,000 procedure that grows a few thousand weak little vellus hairs. They’re operating as if these projects are gonna regrow real amounts of real hair.

» I swear the god, none of the companies above will have something before
» 2012, thinking other ways is a pipe dream my friends…

I’d have to agree, though I think the next 5 years will be the mythical “5 years” that everyone has been predicting for the last 20 years (I remember when I was 8 years old watching TV. A doctor predicted a cure for baldness “in 5 years”. That was in the 1980’s!). Some real solution will come to market by then.

QUOTE:

And what’s more encouraging is that they seem to think they’ve got legit progress in store. These corporations wouldn’t be throwing around the kind of money it takes to do this research if they thought it was only gonna end up as a $40,000 procedure that grows a few thousand weak little vellus hairs. They’re operating as if these projects are gonna regrow real amounts of real hair.

Would you be nice enough to give some examples of how the currently active companies are specifically working towards an efficient cure as opposed to anything at all considered “sellable growth”?

Honestly, never at any point in time, have so many firms worked towards a real solution for MPB.

Previously research was: limited, random and poorly funded (hence the 5year joke - nobody had their act together). However, we’re at a point where demand for lifestyle drugs has surfaced above the radar, and large pharmaceuticals have taken notice. Most importantly, smaller firms like Intercytex and Follica made financial procurement a staple of their long-term business plan. Nowadays academics, and scientists understand they need management teams with an understanding of long-term survivability and widespread commercialization if they wish to see their research make an impact on society (and make some coin in the meantime). Case in point, InterCytex has received a grant for the robotic automation of cell cultivation AND they signed a licensing agreement with BioLife Solutions Inc.(in America) for the storage and cryopreservation of cells/ tissues. Follica completed a $5.5 million a financing round through its business associates, and their company is staffed by doctors and executives with experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Companies like Aderans retained the services of InterMark Associates, Ltd. to oversee their phase one clinical trials (to my understanding from their staff - the first trial is actually complete but undisclosed). Moreso Aderans, and InterCytex have a partnership agreement; there is a new level of synergy never seen before in this industry.

Lastly, never forget the scope of this market, and the product awareness of the average consumer. People are onto Bosely’s butcher-jobs, and they want something better. A legitimate industry is capable of yielding billions… in other words, MPB treatments have become the new 800lbs Gorilla, pharmaceuticals can’t ignore it any longer. Although I can’t see how 2008 will mark the landmark year we beat MPB, I believe the 5 year timeline is actually a realistic one. The companies that aren’t working with each other are competing against each other… nothing like some friendly competition to light a fire under the feet of these companies.

» Honestly, never at any point in time, have so many firms worked towards a
» real solution for MPB.
»
» Previously research was: limited, random and poorly funded (hence the
» 5year joke - nobody had their act together). However, we’re at a point
» where demand for lifestyle drugs has surfaced above the radar, and large
» pharmaceuticals have taken notice. Most importantly, smaller firms like
» Intercytex and Follica made financial procurement a staple of their
» long-term business plan. Nowadays academics, and scientists understand
» they need management teams with an understanding of long-term
» survivability and widespread commercialization if they wish to see their
» research make an impact on society (and make some coin in the meantime).
» Case in point, InterCytex has received a grant for the robotic automation
» of cell cultivation AND they signed a licensing agreement with BioLife
» Solutions Inc.(in America) for the storage and cryopreservation of
» cells/ tissues. Follica completed a $5.5 million a financing round through
» its business associates, and their company is staffed by doctors and
» executives with experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Companies like
» Aderans retained the services of InterMark Associates, Ltd. to oversee
» their phase one clinical trials (to my understanding from their staff -
» the first trial is actually complete but undisclosed). Moreso Aderans, and
» InterCytex have a partnership agreement; there is a new level of synergy
» never seen before in this industry.
»
» Lastly, never forget the scope of this market, and the product awareness
» of the average consumer. People are onto Bosely’s butcher-jobs, and they
» want something better. A legitimate industry is capable of yielding
» billions… in other words, MPB treatments have become the new 800lbs
» Gorilla, pharmaceuticals can’t ignore it any longer. Although I can’t see
» how 2008 will mark the landmark year we beat MPB, I believe the 5 year
» timeline is actually a realistic one. The companies that aren’t working
» with each other are competing against each other… nothing like some
» friendly competition to light a fire under the feet of these companies.
»
»
»
yawn, so what then , we are supposed to hold our breath for HM to come save us? You dont need hair anyways, the gay bars love bald dudes, I hear your lover loves to rub oil on your bald head

yawn, so what then , we are supposed to hold our breath for HM to come save us?
oh I don’t know hanginthere? what are we hanginginthere for?

Wait, I know… this forum will cease to exist the minute they commercialize a cure… and without a medium for you to present that unique brand of gibberish you will either: a) cease to exist or b) hang yourself in the bathroom stall of a 7-eleven. Based on your unrelenting hourly posts… my moneys on point B.

You dont need hair anyways, the gay bars love bald dudes, I hear your lover loves to rub oil on your bald head.
Hmmm more low-brow comments. nice. There’s nothing wrong with gay people, and only closet-dwellers use the word “gay” as an insult nowadays. So welcome to the year 2008 buddy: where we embrace diversity, and shun incompetence.

Maybe

"Within 5 years of 2008 the year Baldness was beaten ?! "

would be more accurate…

» If the human trials go well and this wounding plus wnt protiens grow hair
» fairly well…
»
»
» They are using prescription agents that are already approved folks. There
» should be now needed safety phase. Whatever they are using to up WNT is
» apparently approved for something else in humans (according to them
» anyway). Blocking wnt for a nine-day re-epilithialization period with
» DKK-1 (something we all have anyway, but more of it) with a prescription
» agent already in use for other things is also not going to be a FDA
» concern.
»
» Dermabrasion is legal and performed already.
»
»
»
» Its efficacy that is the hurdle. If they can grow pretty good “results” in
» their trial, this method could reach market rather quickly. You dont need
» FDA approval for dermabrasion and the various ointments they put on skin
» after the dermabrasion. The drugs involved are ALREADY
» FDA APPROVED
. No stem cells are in the process (which the FDA
» is leery of). Just dermabrasion and two random drugs (think lipitor or
» dutasteride for instance)…AND THE DRUGS WOULD
» ONLY BE ADMINISTERED FOR LESS THAN A MONTH!!!
» THAT AINT’ LONG TO BE ON A DRUG OR TWO, ESPECIALLY TOPICALLY APPLIED
» ONES

»
»
»
»
»
» One other tidbit Ive not considered and its a
» concern…they really do need to make pretty good hair,
» because they will obviously be making a new sebaceous gland with the hair.
» I’d hate for them to be smaller hairs like the very front ones on a
» hairline with big sebaceous glands. They’d be a tad oily. Im hoping for
» big terminals.
»
»
»
» Im suprised some other members on the board aren’t a little excited about
» another method of regaining hair. The more methods that there are, the
» better our chances of having all of our hair back in the future. The math
» is better with three approaches rather than one. Like I’ve said, if
» standing on your head made it all grow back, I’d be for research into it.
» I wish Follica luck anyway.Come on JTR & JIMMY BOND what is the GODS take on this please?:wink: :slight_smile: